AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   ILX (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/)
-   -   Dealer buy back (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/dealer-buy-back-978600/)

Moussa Harouna 04-08-2019 10:39 AM

Dealer buy back

Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 Acura ILX with roughly 590000km (Still being financed) and i just got a call from the dealer saying that an event planned for next week to check their inventory and sell my car for a newer model.
I have been thinking about switching to a 2017 or 2018 TLX V6 SH-AWD. Now, I have been on this forums long enough to know that it is not the best idea to do that.
My question is to know if anyone has any experience with this sort of thing.

Thank you

thoiboi 04-08-2019 11:22 AM

The offer price would help.. :tomato:

Moussa Harouna 04-08-2019 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by thoiboi (Post 16408706)
The offer price would help.. :tomato:

Will keep you guys informed once i get one.

schen72 04-08-2019 03:16 PM

I guarantee you will take a bath on the depreciation. They want you to bring your car in so they can "dazzle" you with a newer car. If you were going to sell your car after only a couple years of ownership, you should perhaps look into leasing next time. Although leasing is a waste money, it's LESS of a waste than selling a car after 2 years of ownership.

However, if the money is not important, then by all means check out their offer.

Moussa Harouna 04-08-2019 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by schen72 (Post 16408809)
I guarantee you will take a bath on the depreciation. They want you to bring your car in so they can "dazzle" you with a newer car. If you were going to sell your car after only a couple years of ownership, you should perhaps look into leasing next time. Although leasing is a waste money, it's LESS of a waste than selling a car after 2 years of ownership.

However, if the money is not important, then by all means check out their offer.

Thank you for the advice. I'm actually not going anymore. I'm sure that if they had good deals, they would have kept it for themselves haha.

Midnight Mystery 04-08-2019 07:36 PM

Those offers are purely one sided just to move inventory and make you "think" you got a deal...

You're still buying a new car and they are profiting off of your trade. It's total B.S.!

Last year, when I had the second anniversary of when I got my used RDX from a Chevrolet/Subaru/Mitsubishi dealership, they sent a letter stating that it's been two years since I purchased the RDX from them and that tgey would offer us top-dollar for it as trade on a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport with some accessories added they has been trying to get rid of...

Like I'm going to take that P.O.S. 19K Outlander with it's 3.5K lb CVT and 2.0 I4 engine bullshit!

DaIll1 04-10-2019 12:05 AM

I'm still getting those for the xB I got rid of in 2016. Thay's fishing.

hondeducation 04-17-2019 01:15 AM

ummmm... i used to work at a dealership. it's just a tactic to get you into the door and drop you into a newer car. they dont exactly give you the best buy-back of your car... although, if you were in a lease, sometimes they can get you out early, but that's because they tack on the leftover lease payments onto your next car (but depends on how well you negotiate). it can work in your favor sometimes though, don't get me wrong. some cars we just wanted off the lot because they sat around too long, so we were going below invoice on those ones. just do your homework on the type of car you want, see what they have, and what they could offer for you before you step in the door.