BrookLynn ILX Minor Progress Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
BrookLynn ILX Minor Progress Thread

Hey guys. I got my CBP ILX A-SPEC last month and I'm loving it more everyday. I plan on doing some minor mods to it slowly but surely, so I figured I'd start a thread and have you guys share the journey!

This what I've done So far:
Tinted the windows 15% Ceramic Pinnacle Tint all around
Navtool Smartphone mirror HDMI box (I know there's been tons of issues please dont troll my thread for mentioning them. I just listed what I've done to the car so far.)
I just picked up a set of Aodhan Wheels AH04 18x9.5 +30 tired had to be stretched a bit. And got 5mm spacers for the rear with gold lugs.

My birthday is coming up soon so I'm trying to convince my gf to either get my calipers painted or get a CAI to make BrookLynn purr..

Let me know what you think. I'll be back to post some better quality pics. These were taken with my phone.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Painted calipers would be nice but Id only suggest black or maybe a dark grey. No reds or crazy colors.

Next mod Id say go lower then save for some new wheels.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
That's a lot of poke. Are you sure you need spacers for those wheels? I would get suspension as well. Maybe one with a built in camber plate, because you'll need to run negative camber with that offset.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Triscuit
That's a lot of poke. Are you sure you need spacers for those wheels? I would get suspension as well. Maybe one with a built in camber plate, because you'll need to run negative camber with that offset.
I don't think I need the spacers. I asked for them because I wanted a flush look but I didn't realize with the tire stretch and offset it was already going to poke out a bit more than stock anyway. I plan on getting my calipers painted soon so I'll try them on without the spacers and see how it looks.

I'm thinking I'll get lowering Springs. I had coilovers in my maxima and the ride was way to harsh out in jersey and nyc with these messed roads and potholes.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Instructor

So I had a slow leak on two of the wheels after getting them installed. I went back and found out that the tpms wasn't properly put on and so there was a gap which was creating the slow leak. I thought the factory sensors would have been good to switch but the guy told me he always recommends getting new tpms when you get wheels because they don't always fit properly and then the gaskets wear which will also cause a bad seal. He was able to fix mines with thicker gaskets so I didn't have to spend the extra cash. I know I've seen on tirerack and other places online recommend new ones but I didn't quite fully understand. I started reading up on it while they fixed the issue and saw a few threads mention it Now I know for my next set.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Instructor

Here are Some recent pics of my ride.
I also created an instagram page. Give me follow @ darknight_ilx

Old 08-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 412 Likes on 194 Posts
Nice ILX! Congrats and welcome to the family.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Great thread, great start.
I think if you do some research, you'll find that not all coilovers are created equally and you can get a very nice ride out of a quality set and still have the added advantage of being able to get the height perfect.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Thanks guys!!! Today I took apart the center console and removed the factory hdmi cable and replaced with my own which runs directly to the navtool. I had everything run up the glove compartment previously but that was a PITA to go into every time I needed to do something with my phone. Like a dope I didn't take pictures of taking apart the console and running the wires underneath the console. On a cooler day i'll probably do it again just so people can reference it later on if needed. I ordered some speaker adapters to replace the factory speakers with my Hertz sets, I'm going to see if I tackle that tomorrow. I'll definitely take pictures. I have two amps (one for the speakers and one for my sub) that I need to get installed as well. I've been mulling over doing it myself, but I really want a clean look and would like to save myself the hassle, but to install everything from a trusted installer to make everything pretty, clean and properly tuned is going to cost me about $1200 and I don't have that kind of money right now. So I was thinking about at least replacing the speakers myself since that's much easier and then continuing to save for the remainder of the audio install.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by idelgado782
Hey guys. I got my CBP ILX A-SPEC last month and I'm loving it more everyday. I plan on doing some minor mods to it slowly but surely, so I figured I'd start a thread and have you guys share the journey!

This what I've done So far:
Tinted the windows 15% Ceramic Pinnacle Tint all around
Navtool Smartphone mirror HDMI box (I know there's been tons of issues please dont troll my thread for mentioning them. I just listed what I've done to the car so far.)
I just picked up a set of Aodhan Wheels AH04 18x9.5 +30 tired had to be stretched a bit. And got 5mm spacers for the rear with gold lugs.

My birthday is coming up soon so I'm trying to convince my gf to either get my calipers painted or get a CAI to make BrookLynn purr..

Let me know what you think. I'll be back to post some better quality pics. These were taken with my phone.

I looked at Park Ave Acura, that's in Rochelle Park right? They wanted way too much so I went to Li (Smith Town). Anyways can you give me a heads up on the Navtool. How did you install? can I use the HDMI on my 16 premium in the console? What do you mean by problems?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by idelgado782
So I had a slow leak on two of the wheels after getting them installed. I went back and found out that the tpms wasn't properly put on and so there was a gap which was creating the slow leak. I thought the factory sensors would have been good to switch but the guy told me he always recommends getting new tpms when you get wheels because they don't always fit properly and then the gaskets wear which will also cause a bad seal. He was able to fix mines with thicker gaskets so I didn't have to spend the extra cash. I know I've seen on tirerack and other places online recommend new ones but I didn't quite fully understand. I started reading up on it while they fixed the issue and saw a few threads mention it Now I know for my next set.
When you switch to aftermarket wheels, and you keep your oem TPMS, you're always supposed to change the gaskets. OEM TPMS's are good for about 4-5 years (probably longer).

However, since your car is brand new, all you would need is what they call a "TPMS rebuild kit" goes for about $6 per wheel. Any reputable tire shop should know this and preform this step each time they switch sensors to new wheels.

Your tire guy didn't do you any favors or save you any money on new sensors by "fixing" your leak. He just installed one sensor properly this time instead of doing all four from the start. I'd keep my eye on those other three sensors, chances are, they will leak as well. You should always change gaskets whenever the TPMS is removed.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:25 PM

^^^
but how would a guy with oem acura wheels even know that?
Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I thought about getting rid of my ugly OEM 19's so I did some research.

After finding out I had to spend $6 per wheel on gaskets, I said screw that, and left my OEM 19's on there.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:18 PM

Cood Gall, man! Plus, honestly, OEM < * when it comes to authentic quality.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:22 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you like your Navtool? Do you recommend with Android phone?
Thinking about getting Navtool also..
Thanks
Old 01-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Instructor

Painted front grille last week.

The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (02-14-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Instructor

I'll be doing some other minor things in the upcoming weeks. H&R springs, Chrome Delete and some headlight and tail lights tint/customizations.

I also added a sub and amp earlier this year.

Factory tweeter pod about to dremeled to fit tweeter from image dynamics component set.
Crossover from image dynamics component set.
Crossover from image dynamics component set.
After I dremeled the pod to a wider diameter. The new tweeters fit perfectly. Nice and flush.
After I dremeled the pod to a wider diameter. The new tweeters fit perfectly. Nice and flush.
The wiring from the factory sub cable to my DSP. Digital sound Processor. Mosconi 6to8 which then sends a clean signal to my amp.
The wiring from the factory sub cable to my DSP. Digital sound Processor. Mosconi 6to8 which then sends a clean signal to my amp.
Negative wire connected behind the seat where the bolts are. There was bare metal so it was a perfect spot.
Alpine 12in sub. Mosconi 6to8 DSP on top. Grabbing signal from the factory sub using metra harness adapters. The dsp takes speaker level inputs which in turn does not need a seperate remote turn on wire. And that provide the turn on wire for my amps.
Mini RC control to control volume of the components when I get them connected to my hertz amp and sub level control.
Here are the harnesses to connect to the speakers if you don't want to cut the factory harness. Great product!
Old 01-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Instructor

And I took advantage of the Naviks input for front view camera and installed this bad boy

Front view camera connected to naviks unit. Turns on automatically when the car is on as well as after shifting out of reverse.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Cool Latest Upgrades

Rohana RC7 19x9.5 all around and chrome delete lowered on H&R Springs
Rohana RC7 19x9.5 all around and chrome delete lowered on H&R Springs
Rohana RC7 19x9.5 all around

Chrome delete on the read deck spoiler
Changed up the wheels, chrome delete around the window trims and spoiler and painted my calipers.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 412 Likes on 194 Posts
Looking good!!
Old 02-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
The black painted grille should be standard Acura.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Instructor