2019 ILX w/ Premium Package - Some Feature Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 12:20 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 ILX w/ Premium Package - Some Feature Questions

Hello all -

On Friday I purchased a 2019 ILX with Premium package in dark gray with brown interior. I have a few questions about my car that my owners manual can't seem to answer:

Between the tachometer and speedometer, there is a small screen that reveals information regarding fuel range, tire pressure, et cetera. One of the screens states, "Turn By Turn Waiting For Smartphone Guidance". I'm unable to get it to work. I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.3.1 connected via CarPlay (USB. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

In the Owners Guide, there's a page that describes two key fobs "keyless access remote." A two-way version and a non-two way version. The two-way version has a button for remote start. However, the sales person indicated all packages (A-spec, technology, premium) do not have remote start. My understanding is some older ILXs came with remote start. Also, the current generation Honda Civic has remote start. Is this a feature I can add? if so, how?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:51 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought mine on Saturday and learning as well. I too got the Premium with aspec. As far as I'm aware we don't have remote start. The only way to "add" remote start would be to put an aftermarket alarm on your car. Any place that sells car stereo's like Best buy or places on the side of the road can install a 3rd party car alarm.

As for the small screen between the gages. I have an android phone and the turn by turn shows up on that screen the second I set a destination. If i don't have a destination set it shows the "turn by turn waiting for smartphone guidance" message your seeing. I don't know apple phones well. Is google maps supported by car play? Maybe try using google maps instead of apple's navigation app if so?