Old 09-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
2019 ILX Redesign

Photos of the 2019 ILX Redesign
Old 09-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now, we wait to see what and if anything will fit on previous models, mostly want the lower rear bumper trim to expose my exhaust lol
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:33 PM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
I know they are different but I keep seeing Kia Forte in the rear for some reason...

Old 09-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by davidlstewart
Now, we wait to see what and if anything will fit on previous models, mostly want the lower rear bumper trim to expose my exhaust lol
would be nice if the bumpers are bolt in
Old 09-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by silverTL6
I know they are different but I keep seeing Kia Forte in the rear for some reason...

Sorry I don't see your comparison at all.

Info I've gleaned from various press releases and news:
  • ODMD 2.0 has a capacitive screen (compared to resistive in 2016-2018)
  • ODMD 2.0 has updated software and graphics, AA and CP supported
  • Amplitude reactive dampers (not sure where I read this, not sure which trim has it)
  • Power lumbar for driver
  • New seats (maybe ASPEC only?)
  • New front and rear ends, includes new 7 element LED headlights
Old 09-05-2018, 11:09 PM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by schen72
Sorry I don't see your comparison at all.
Actually it was the Sonata I was thinking of...got my korean cars mixed up

Old 09-06-2018, 05:43 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Well loved?
Not exactly
Old 09-06-2018, 06:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I like the curve to the trunk lid in the back. Kind of has that bit of a bubble look, but adds character to the back overall.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

BTW, new rear bumper will not fit older models. Look at the taillight shape. Not that I'd entertain that idea anyway. Would cost way too much.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Yea, I'm also not really seeing the Kia reference. There alot more attention to detail on the new ILX rear (and front). I really like the new rear-end design.

If anything I get more of a MB CLA 250 or the upcoming new A-series vibe from the rear-end

Last edited by holografique; 09-06-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

• Amplitude reactive dampers (not sure where I read this, not sure which trim has it)
I remember seeing this somewhere as well, but can't find it mentioned in the official press release...
Old 09-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

The existing 2016-2018 ILX already has ARDs as part of the suspension system. So it's not something new for the 2019 MMC, looks like they're just re-emphasizing it in the new marketing content.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Looking good! I'll go check it out next month once it is in the showroom
Old 09-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by skarface

would be nice if the bumpers are bolt in
With a tail light change, I think it would work. They appear to reach lower into the bumper.
edit: Possibly deck lid also

Last edited by DaIll1; 09-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skarface

Photos of the 2019 ILX Redesign
Until it has a limited slip dif, it's just a civic in a pretty dress
Old 09-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DaIll1
Until it has a limited slip dif, it's just a civic in a pretty dress
That's exactly what it is. I don't think there is any dispute about that. Consider that for only a small increase over the price of the top-trim Civic, you get better drivetrain, jewel-eye LEDs, better appearance, and 18" wheels. I got my '16 ILX (top trim) for $29.5k and the Honda dealer would not budge from $27k for a top trim Civic.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DaIll1
With a tail light change, I think it would work. They appear to reach lower into the bumper.
edit: Possibly deck lid also
Waste of money.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Racer

That's exactly what it is. I don't think there is any dispute about that. Consider that for only a small increase over the price of the top-trim Civic, you get better drivetrain, jewel-eye LEDs, better appearance, and 18" wheels. I got my '16 ILX (top trim) for $29.5k and the Honda dealer would not budge from $27k for a top trim Civic.
Same situation...The ILX was only a grand more than a civic and the ILX had more features and looked better to me.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:09 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,416 Likes on 1,868 Posts
That may have been true with the 9th generation Civic, but for the same price I'd rather have a 10th generation Civic Touring over a base ILX. The 10th is a considerably better platform, it's roomier, and believe it or not I found it to be more refined than the ILX, which is built on the old 9th generation platform (which itself was a minor refresh of the 8th generation platform from 2005).
Old 09-08-2018, 05:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Looking forward to attempting a swap of the front end of mine in a few years when a few 2019-2020 ILX's get totaled from the rear. Was thinking about the rear swap as well, but upon seeing the pics its not really better looking to me. Although if the rear are LED lamps, thats nice. I do want to see one in person now. If the seats are better I would also swap out the front seats from a wrecked one. Helped a buddy do that before, he got seats from a junkyard for his Chrysler 300, not sure what car it was but the seat were nicer and newer, same fitment.

May not be even be worth switching the front clip tho... The cost may simply be too high even then. See, I just realized that the front clip is going to have the tech bits integrated into it, driving up the cost. I mean if it ends up costing more then like $2,000-$3,000 to switch out the front clip even with junkyard parts, That would not be worth it for a car that will probably be worth $7,500-$10,000 or so by then. Thats why I don't mod my sisters TSX too much at a time. it's a fun project, it's pristine great condition, great reliable daily driver, but whats the point? Not gonna supercharge it. It's an automatic and thats like $6,000 parts and labor. Thats more then half of what the car is worth. LOL Could just sell it and buy a newer nicer more updated car if we really wanted a huge upgrade. But we like the car, so no need for such drastic measures.

I modded my ILX since I first got it, but I've modded my ILX pretty much all that I'm going to except maybe wheels someday, but I'm cheap and happy with the stocks chromed. They had seen a little bit of chrome pitting, but it wasn't visible, under the tire, and no issues since. So unless the wheels give me issues again, probably staying as is. I REALLY want to go 18 inch wheel tho, so much better rubber available.... I'll keep looking at upgrading wheels whenever I buy new tires. Which these new 2019 ILX wheels are a NICE upgrade from the ugly 2016-2018 wheels, UGH. You guys with 18's can get Y rated all season Extra load tires, with as high as 60,000 mile warranties. I can't in 17. Best I can do is W rated all season, extra load, 60,000 mile warranty.

You can always just buy an aftermarket LSD guys. Or get the OEM Civic SI one. I'm going to eventually add one. I got my ILX for $21,500 a year old, low miles. WAY cheaper then Civic SI,especially in my area, where they sell for higher then MSRP. I would have got WAY more tickets with the SI. I liked and wanted an SI, but I didn't like or want the negative law enforcement attention it draws. Already get harassed enough. The ILX doesn't pretend NOT to be a High End Civic/Top Tier Civic. Thats what some people actually want. I did. I don't want a more expensive or bigger car that gets beat up in LA traffic and potholes, and has to make tight parking spaces. I wanted something I could still mod and have fun ith tho. Definitely have so far. I would have supercharged it at least a few years ago, if any kit was CARB legal in California. If they ever do become CARB legal now, I probably won't care anymore. Too much cash and the car will be too old, just like the TSX. At least the new front clip will breathe some new life into it, and maybe even add some value.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 09-08-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fiatlux
That may have been true with the 9th generation Civic, but for the same price I'd rather have a 10th generation Civic Touring over a base ILX. The 10th is a considerably better platform, it's roomier, and believe it or not I found it to be more refined than the ILX, which is built on the old 9th generation platform (which itself was a minor refresh of the 8th generation platform from 2005).
The ILX 2.4 vs a 1.5T most are going to pick the ILX 2.4. Roomier, I haven't sat in one so that could be true and that would make a difference. More refined? in what way? I don't see it. Especially not against the new 2019 update. Now, price, the pricing I can see. It may simply not be worth it to many/most people to spend that much more money. It wouldn't be to me.

Thats why the next (used) car I have my eyes on is the Accord Sport 2.0 Turbo. Way bigger and roomier, but it's kind of ugly outside. Trade-off I'll take only because they still offer a stick shift. With Hondata FlashPro, you are at over 305WHP/330+Tq, the thing is a nice sleeper. Why would I dump at LEAST $6,000 into supercharging my ILX, when if I really wanted to, in a few years, I could just sell my ILX ($7,500-$10,000 maybe) and combine that with the $6,000 saved from not supercharging, plus $2,000 saved from not buying wheels, and just buy a new(-ISH) Accord Sport 2.0T. My goal is to get one certified pre-owned in about 5 years or so, a 2020 model. The ILX is is still more then enjoyable for the time being tho. Plan on keeping it as a backup car anyway, but stuff happens. Could sell it.

Only other downside I've seen from that Accord is that the reviewers wish it was quieter but if thats true I'll just dynomat the crap out of it to make the road noise go down and I'll switch the wheels to aftermarket 18's, Less road noise, less likely to get stolen then 19's...And these Honda 19 inch wheels are getting stolen like crazy out here in these streets! Even the ugly ones, people/thieves at least want the expensive rubber.

Only other car that would change my mind is a stick shift 2020 TLX Type S, but that won't happen.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 09-08-2018 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fiatlux
I drove the 2016 Civic Touring and at the time because it was such a "hot" car, dealer would literally not budge one cent from MSRP. No car is worth MSRP to me, so I looked at the ILX, which was a Tech+ASPEC and the price I got was $2.5k more than the Civic. The only thing I preferred on the Civic was the more updated infotainment stack however there have been lots of bugs with that system so probably take a few more years to iron them out. Even though the ILX's infotainment is older, at least it's not buggy now. So, factoring in all the additional stuff you get on the ILX, not to mention the more powerful engine and DCT, which is eons better than the CIvic's CVT, I felt the upgrades were worth the $2.5k.

I'm pretty sure by now the economics have changed on the Civic and you can buy them for much less than MSRP. That would make the value proposition of the ILX worse, since it wouldn't only be a $2.5k increase. But I still think the upgrades of the ILX are nice considering the relatively small additional cost.

You're also comparing a top trim Civic to a base ILX? Be aware in my example I compared Civic Touring to ILX Tech+ASPEC.

Last edited by schen72; 09-08-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
You can always just buy an aftermarket LSD guys.
For the DCT8? I searched. I even contacted Quaife. They said, "Sure, send us one and contract for a minimum of 10, and we'll produce them."
Group buy, maybe.
Otherwise, the only sport here is a one legged race.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

I have the stick shift, which is why I really enjoy my car, and plan on holding on to it as long as possible, maybe letting go of it for a 2020 Accord Sport 2.0T stick-shift or a An Acura TLX Stick shift... anyway, There's a shop in San Dimas Synchrotech - Honda & Acura Transmissions They installed the LSD's in the Acura ILX race cars. They are manual transmissions. Not too far from me, eventually thats where i'm going. I'd recomend calling them or emailing them and asking about your options. I've contacted them in the past when I needed to do the transmission fluid service, they sell their own Torco performance blend. In California I am limited as to what performance mods I can do, no legal forced induction options, I'm probably going to have to sell my current Injen Cold Air intake as it's still not CARB legal for the ILX, DC Sports exhaust sounds great works great, and I've had 2 headers crack/break on me although I may weld the one I still have and then sell it or keep it and use it later on the ILX as a fun cheaply custom turbo'd weekend race car when it gets really old. If it blows up then I won't care if i already got years and years out of it.

The main thing there is a lot of options for on this car is switching up the suspension/Handling. Which I've done more then half of what you can improve, and I'll eventually get around to the other half, as well as the LSD. They sell a shifter bushing kit and a short shifter, going to add that as well. longterm fun project.

Upon reading in Civic SI forums as well, most people said their car rattles like crazy at idle with the upgraded engine mounts. I am willing to upgrade my car but as long as I can mitigate the tradeoffs. Header on this a daily driver is not worth it to me really anymore too loud /ticket magnet, plus due to the angle of the dangle, it's most likely going to break over and over on potholes and surface streets, at least it will f you are lowered at all. The exhaust noise/ road noise, eventually I'll soundproof/ dynomat the car a bunch. The rear camber arms, I stick to Urethane bushing and not hard metal bushing. I stuck to springs with a mild drop. The sway and tie bars didn't make anything feel harsher to me, just way more tight and responsive to driver input, the car with stock tires and suspension is a little boring. I just want a fun daily driver that passengers won't feel like it's uncomfortable or horrible to ride in. Sure it's not a high end luxury car, but its still a nice car. No need to ruin that.

I just saw more pics and the updated interior looks pretty nice, I definitely want to see one in person. I'm not much for the updated tech, don't really care for that stuff. Other then the headlights, super nice.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 09-08-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm done with manual transmissions. Too painful here in the SF bay area. I really enjoy the DCT as it's the best of both worlds. Shifts faster than a manual can and fully automatic. Acura's use of a torque converter makes almost all the low speed clunkiness go away, although I can sometimes feel a little jerkiness at stop 'n go speeds.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I really hope there's going to be a way to bring over Android Auto to the 2017/18 models...
I dont see a reason as to why it wouldnt work, aside from dangling that fruit during the lease end.

Make it happen Acura!!! Make it happen.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by neildam
I really hope there's going to be a way to bring over Android Auto to the 2017/18 models...
I dont see a reason as to why it wouldnt work, aside from dangling that fruit during the lease end.

Make it happen Acura!!! Make it happen.
2016 too! I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Possibly a head unit swap since there's basically no console change.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm done with manual transmissions. Too painful here in the SF bay area. I really enjoy the DCT as it's the best of both worlds. Shifts faster than a manual can and fully automatic. Acura's use of a torque converter makes almost all the low speed clunkiness go away, although I can sometimes feel a little jerkiness at stop 'n go speeds.
I DO shift better then the DCT, I've posted pics several times, picture proof of me getting 40+ MPG on 40 mile drives. My record was over 45 MPG. Of course that was ideal conditions and such. When I feel like driving aggressive the control is there, your DCT is trying to shift way too early, and the paddles just are not there yet. When it's a low power car like this you can still out shift the auto, easily beat it in MPG. It's when you start going into high horsepower numbers that the manuals lose. like in a BMW M3. But even then, I'd still want a manual. They will be all but gone soon tho, so I really won't have much choices. it's either Accord Sport 2.0 Turbo, whatever last year they make a stickshift, or nothing. Literally nothing else available at all in the segment. Everything else has a weenie motor with lower Horsepower then my ILX, I don't want to downgrade in cars. The only other cars have less features then the Accord too, or, they are way higher trim like Cadillac ATS-V, BMW M3. Thats not a practical daily driver to me. After the Accord I'll probably end up back up in an Acura Type S, whatever sizer vehicle fits my needs at that time.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

I DO shift better then the DCT, I've posted pics several times, picture proof of me getting 40+ MPG on 40 mile drives. My record was over 45 MPG. Of course that was ideal conditions and such. When I feel like driving aggressive the control is there, your DCT is trying to shift way too early, and the paddles just are not there yet. When it's a low power car like this you can still out shift the auto, easily beat it in MPG. It's when you start going into high horsepower numbers that the manuals lose. like in a BMW M3. But even then, I'd still want a manual. They will be all but gone soon tho, so I really won't have much choices. it's either Accord Sport 2.0 Turbo, whatever last year they make a stickshift, or nothing. Literally nothing else available at all in the segment. Everything else has a weenie motor with lower Horsepower then my ILX, I don't want to downgrade in cars. The only other cars have less features then the Accord too, or, they are way higher trim like Cadillac ATS-V, BMW M3. Thats not a practical daily driver to me. After the Accord I'll probably end up back up in an Acura Type S, whatever sizer vehicle fits my needs at that time.
The DCT in the MMC ILX is an 8-speed compared to your 5-speed so there is a lot more optimization in terms of efficiency. I don't doubt that you can manually shift "efficiently" and get good MPG, but I've gotten 40+ MPG on specific drives and I didn't have to lift a finger because it's an automatic. I used to have a manual Integra and I could shift pretty well too. Also, when it comes to downshifting, it automatically matches the revs and shifts perfectly so you don't feel any jerkiness whatsoever. This is what I mean by, "best of both worlds." So based on all that, I'm sold on the benefits of DCT.

Last edited by schen72; 09-26-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

If only it had LSD so it doesn't drive like a base Civic on snow and ice.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
I was hoping they'd do a new ILX... Isn't tge TLX their smallest car right now? Needs a ILX TypeS or TypeR w/ like 325 HP, or just make another Integre:/\)
Old 09-28-2018, 06:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Synchrotech - Honda & Acura Transmissions https://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/LSD_c89.htm <<<<<< Second link 4 different available LSD's for my car. They cost $700-$900+ tax and plus labor. That's the shop that the Acura ILX Downhill Racer uses, that's why they feature it on the front page of their website.

It's a 6 speed, although i think you just typo'd that. I avoided an accident today by quickly downshifting and slamming brakes on some stupid ass who literally blew a stop sign. Was pretty crazy actually. Something similar happened when I had my stick shift 5 speed Civic coupe. I Still Like having the power to do that. I'm probably going to add my LSD in February for my birthday. I haven't checked, but apparently autos can't add an LSD because there isn't even one available. I have to talk to the Synchrotech shop in San Dimas so that I can see which one I'm putting in, and how much they will charge for the job. I prefer they do the whole thing, although I imagine they don't come cheap. But thats OK if they do it right the first and LAST and ONLY time. I'm guessing it'll cost $1,000 to $1,200. I MAY wait longer but I don't really want to. MAYBE wait until summer. It also depends how long my car will be down to do this. For Christmas I'm adding the rest of my suspension mods. I don't sense any jerkiness in my car, but I also bought this car to make it quick and fun, since making it fast is just way too much money and basically mostly illegal in California. Just wanted a fun daily driver. DCT is not fun to me, sorry. I get why you prefer it, thats why I'd hate it tho. You might enjoy it, which most people are not enthusiasts, so thats fine. I didn't want any tech package stuff, but I guess Navigation would have been nice as a backup to using my phone. Different preferences. We all have our on tastes. I mean I'm already planning out how I'm going to mod a freaking Accord in a few years, Which I'm sure other people will say the same thing as when I mod this car "HURR de hurr, it's still a Civic".. Like, YEA< Thats what i wanted tho...

I don't live where there is snow or ice and i'm lowered so i don't think I'd take this car to the snow. I'd rather rent an AWD SUV for that.

They say that all models are going to have a Type S version in 2020. V6 turbo engines specific to the type S trim levels. Stickshifts are still gonna be gone tho. But with the effort they are putting into those, and the Horsepower,... I think those I'd agree are probably better off as designed. I wouldn't doubt if they do make an ILX with at least 250hp, or even 300hp. I'm expecting about 300-350hp for most of the Type S cars. Plus way higher torque then any previous Hondas/Acuras. Civic Type R is 305hp stock, The Accord 2.0T(-urbo) 4 banger is pushing out 252hp stock and I don't see how a turbo v6 wouldn't put out at LEAST 300+hp. I think ILX will come with the weakest tune probably 300hp, a tuner ecu reflash will open it up a crap ton. The TLX will probably be 325-330, but maybe even 350hp. Then the SUV's will be 330-380-ish depending on the size of the SUV. RLX, probably 350-375hp. I'm just ball-parking. I think they will all be able to push out WAY WAY more with the aftermarket tunes. The Accord and the Type R and Even The 1.% Turbo civics are adding crazy numbers with reflashes. Stage ones are adding like 30+ HP and stage 2 are adding 50+hp. So again, Imagine the ILX Type S comes with even 300 hp, and then you just stage 1 flash to 330hp, and then go crazy and stage 2 flash it for 350hp. I don't think thats unrealistic with turbo v6. My car is quick and nimble and fun right now, but when those cars come out they are going to change the game and my poor car is gonna be SLOW. soooooo SLOW. Supposedly CT superchargers is STILL thinking of making the supercharger kit for the 2013-2015 ILX CARB legal... I doubt they will. And not even worth it at that point. Who'd spend $7,500 to buy it and install it, make 250whp, then still get smoked and annihilated by a 2020 ILX Type S. The BASE models will probably even have like 250hp by then. I don't see them offering a top model that has like 100hp difference, seems too massive of a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if all the base models offer the 2.0Turbo Honda engines, and average 250hp like the Accord. it's clear they are trying to seperate the Acura brand a lot more now. The Hondas are all turbo now, no way the Acuras won't be too. And I don't see them offering a 1.5 turbo, even on the ILX. Who would buy that? Over a top spec Civic that will be like $7,500 or even $10,000 cheaper?

Last edited by EE4Life; 10-03-2018 at 12:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry aomechmarine, I meant to say 6-sp. But with the 8-sp's two extra gears, the engine revs at 1900 at 70MPH. Here's a pic of yesterday's commute MPG which is about 25 miles. Today, about 30% of this drive was stop-n-go traffic. I'm not hypermiling at all. I think the new transmission really helps to keep the engine more efficient. Around town, I sometimes downshift coming to a stop just to feel the perfect rev-matched downshift. I could personally never shift like that 100% of the time. Maybe 25% of the time I could pull it off perfectly. The rest of the time I'd make the car jerk.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
Glad the cellulite is gone from the rear bumper and able to show some arse...
Old 09-29-2018, 07:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Dude I get literally the same exact numbers on normal driving. City I get 27, give or take, and highway i get 40+ give or take driving at about 70MPH.. I could skew the numbers all the way up to about 50MPG if I just want to max out the MPG and drive just over 60 miles an hour on the freeway, annoying the ever living shit out of people, but that would be stupid and I hate driving slow. Same difference. I can still beat you by coasting downhill in neutral and probably get better MPG in stop and go traffic from just coasting in neutral and downshifting and coasting as well. Makes it a fun game. To each their own, I know some people don't want to shift, But i feel way more engaged in the driving experience this way. Could see myself getting an M3 on a lease at some point... I doubt I would buy one. Wouldn't want the cost of ownership and maintenance. But I could see leasing it as a toy for 3 years when they stop making them.... Or I guess buying and selling to a collector at that point... I also still have more car mods to come. Eventually getting a tune and getting lighter 18 inch wheels with Y rated rubber. I'm running W rated tires too, I'm not even running eco gas saver/ touring tires. If i ran eco tires I'd see a significant bump, but I'd hate the handling. My goal is to have about 30MPG city and 45+MPG regular highway 70+MPH driving. Done it before, want to do it regularly with ease.

Last edited by EE4Life; 10-03-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Old pics, I just broke my iphone so i just grabbed what was on my macbook. The blurry horrible one says 45.3 I think it was. You can get better MPG too.Some dude with a 2016 claimed he got about 50MPG on a long drive driving between 60-65mph. Which I can't stand driving that slow tho, but still pretty cool. The trip computer was on, and you can see that they were pics from different days because of the gas tank differences. Also you can see I was even dring slow when i took the pics, about 20 miles an hour when traffic would slow down on the highway. So I get good MPG even when it's not a flat open clip of the same speed. With ideal conditions it's pretty easy to do about 45 MPG. Would be pretty cool to get that magic 50MPG regularly even if it takes some effort. And 45 mpg without even trying. I did almost do it before, but like I said.... i was just like WTF I just want to get home, this is too slow. Going to try and make that a reality with some mods by about summer time. Just have work obligations, the car is a hobby and a daily driver, don't like messing with it when I can't risk not having a car for a few days in case something is off/ needs to be adjusted/ wrong with a mod...

Last edited by aomechmarine; 09-29-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Old pics, I just broke my iphone so i just grabbed what was on my macbook. The blurry horrible one says 45.3 I think it was. You can get better MPG too.Some dude with a 2016 claimed he got about 50MPG on a long drive driving between 60-65mph. Which I can't stand driving that slow tho, but still pretty cool. The trip computer was on, and you can see that they were pics from different days because of the gas tank differences. Also you can see I was even dring slow when i took the pics, about 20 miles an hour when traffic would slow down on the highway. So I get good MPG even when it's not a flat open clip of the same speed. With ideal conditions it's pretty easy to do about 45 MPG. Would be pretty cool to get that magic 50MPG regularly even if it takes some effort. And 45 mpg without even trying. I did almost do it before, but like I said.... i was just like WTF I just want to get home, this is too slow. Going to try and make that a reality with some mods by about summer time. Just have work obligations, the car is a hobby and a daily driver, don't like messing with it when I can't risk not having a car for a few days in case something is off/ needs to be adjusted/ wrong with a mod...
Well, my earlier picture of MPG was representative of real world driving and not gaming it. It was 25 miles with plenty of stop-n-go and some cruising at 70mph. To each his own, but I'm a lot older than you and I've done the manual thing and I'm now over it. I also live in a congested area with lots of traffic. So there is no more joy for manuals. It's going to harder to find manuals going forward. In 10 years, probably only niche cars will have them. Personally, the ILX would not cut it for me as my only car but I have 3 cars (see sig) so I have different use cases covered. For an only car, I'd probably get something like a TLX or new RDX.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts
What the hell was Acura thinking about that wimpy/single outlet for the exhaust? They might as well done one of two things:

1) Dual hidden exhausts like on the Civic

2) Dual exposed exhausts like on the new TLX

Other than that, great looking car!

Old 10-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm thinking the non A-spec trims still have the hidden exhaust or maybe the rectangular ones from the non A-Spec TLX.

Quick Reply: 2019 ILX Redesign