2018 Acura ILX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a new member and can not open a new post.
Best Regards,
Mike
Old 08-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 205 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Mansor M-Nejad
Hello Every one,

I purchased brand new Acura ILX 2017 in Toronto, I noticed headlight cracks, and I am told they will replace the headlights. To make the story short, they replaced the headlights and the new one have the same cracks. Open case and finally Honda Canada said the vehicle is safe to drive. And you have to pick it up from the dealership. If you own Acura ILX 2017 check your headlights in sunny day. Please see the attached pictures. Please spread the message.

Best Regards,
ike
I checked mine. It has that "crack" look too, but if you feel the back side, there is a ridge there, probably a mold/slide parting line. (4 decade plastician)
Old 08-05-2017, 02:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mansor M-Nejad
Hello Every one,

I purchased brand new Acura ILX 2017 in Toronto, I noticed headlight cracks, and I am told they will replace the headlights. To make the story short, they replaced the headlights and the new one have the same cracks. Open case and finally Honda Canada said the vehicle is safe to drive. And you have to pick it up from the dealership. If you own Acura ILX 2017 check your headlights in sunny day. Please see the attached pictures. Please spread the message.

Best Regards,
ike
There is pretty much no gap between the headlights and your bumper. It probably cracked due to the rubbing and vibrations. Mine doesn't have and cracks and there is a good gap between the front bumper and headlights. There's been plenty of complaints from a whole range of cars where paint between where body panels meet peel off due to the panels touching.