2016 ILX unveiled! with Jewel Eyes and A-Spec trim!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Anybody determine if the new 2016 ILX will have a power passenger seat. They really chintzed out on the 2013 tech not having this.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Spirited Driver
I would have considered purchasing my 13 (6 speed) at end of lease, if it wasnt for the road/suspension noise and lack of cabin quietness.
Ditto for us and our 2013 Tech, which we now call the "clunk mobile". All this after adding aftermarket soundproofing too!
9 months to go!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by robtroxel
When you mention a "ping" when you release the brakes at a stop sign, you got my attention. Our 2004 ILX Tech does the same thing when it is cold. Started at about 11,000 miles on the ODO. Our noise is more of a "clack" which occurs if you release the brake pedal quickly. Dealer thinks this is normal for this car . Glad we have it leased.
Yes, that is the same noise. Clack is more accurate, and that is not "normal".
Old 11-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Ditto for us and our 2013 Tech, which we now call the "clunk mobile". All this after adding aftermarket soundproofing too!
9 months to go!
What you going with next?
Old 12-01-2014, 12:50 AM
shenanigans

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 07Acuradude
When will pricing on the ILX be announced?
Anyone?
Old 12-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Probably a month before they actually release the car.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
You guys and your lemons bitching about all ILXs as a whole. Understand you got dealed a shitty car. The number of people without irregular noise complains outweigh the ones that do 10 to 1.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a look at the new ILX at the L.A. Auto Show yesterday. I really like what they did with the front end, especially the semi-de-beaked grille, but inside the new touchscreen interface juts out jarringly from the center stack, as if it were mounted on top of the current button interface instead of in place of it, particularly on the bottom above the climate controls.

I also like the wheel trim on the silver model shown, not so much on the blue "A-Spec" exemplar. I will miss the current wheels, though, which I like better than either of those (or, for that matter, anything offered on the current TLX).

Both new ILX's (one on the floor, one on the turntable) were locked, so I couldn't sit in it to get a better sense of how the center stack looks from the driver's perspective, let alone how it operates. I sat in a TLX and thought it was nice, but I have to say I liked the Lexus IS F-Sport interior better.

One of the staffers I spoke to at the Acura pavilion said that the manual transmission is being brought back next year; another said it wasn't. I'll hold out hope that it comes back before my lease is up. Maybe in the meantime I'll test drive a TLX with paddle shifters and see how that feels...
Old 12-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrafZeppelin127
I got a look at the new ILX at the L.A. Auto Show yesterday... <snip>

One of the staffers I spoke to at the Acura pavilion said that the manual transmission is being brought back next year; another said it wasn't. I'll hold out hope that it comes back before my lease is up. Maybe in the meantime I'll test drive a TLX with paddle shifters and see how that feels...
Well, there's something to hope for anyway. I won't be buying anything until next year.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I just wished Acura could tell us what they are planning on doing! Gheez that gets me so pissed off....what harm in telling consumers that they will bring back a manual within a year or not. People like myself could then make an informed decision to hold off for another year rather than locking ourselves into another 4 year lease with another possible brand.

I'd give ANYTHING to understand why they do this....makes me so mad!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
^^ I just wished Acura could tell us what they are planning on doing! Gheez that gets me so pissed off....what harm in telling consumers that they will bring back a manual within a year or not. People like myself could then make an informed decision to hold off for another year rather than locking ourselves into another 4 year lease with another possible brand.

I'd give ANYTHING to understand why they do this....makes me so mad!
They release info early when it suits them. If there is little worry it'll hurt current model sales, they go early. IMO, the info on the ILX is a little early, there are still 2-3 months of 2015 shipments to sell.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I hear you Colin, and that is what we hear all the time but when you have loyal customers who are quite vocal about the lack on manual for example, how is it good business to let their concerns unanswered and risk losing them to another brand when their lease is up for example?!

I am not saying that they need to reveal all the details or a photo, but at least say that "while the 2016 ILX will be initially released with the 8 Speed DCT, a manual version will become available in approx 1 year or something to that effect.

BTW...Thanks for your post Colin. You always manage to remain so calm, collected and insightful
Old 12-02-2014, 02:55 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
My guess is that if they haven't announced it by now, it probably isn't coming next year.
Kinda like how they announced the 4G TL 6MT exactly 4 days after the 4G TL debut, even though it wouldn't be offered til the next model year.

Acura | Press Releases Article | Acura.com

And why would they bother adding 6MT (or AWD) during or after an MMC, if it would only be around for 1-2 years? The only exception to this is if they can spread the development costs elsewhere, e.g. the TLX 4-cyl.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by silverTL6
The only exception to this is if they can spread the development costs elsewhere, e.g. the TLX 4-cyl.
Or Civic Si. But since that may go with the new ED Turbos the next time around, it's probably not going to be the car to add the volume necessary.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:51 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
I already showed usdmJON on IG... what do you guys think? I like

View this post on Instagram
The following 2 users liked this post by xtcnrice:
Colin (12-08-2014), jwong77 (12-10-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

So fucking cool!! Both cars finished. They were able to place 4th in a class with 911 GT3s and more. No break downs. Just one clutch swap.
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (12-09-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Anybody determine if the new 2016 ILX will have a power passenger seat. They really chintzed out on the 2013 tech not having this.
Yes -- from the Acura Press Release:
"New Premium Features and AcuraWatch™
In addition to the new powertrain and extensive interior and exterior upgrades, the 2016 ILX also ups the ante for luxury, connectivity and technological sophistication. Premium and above grades get a new two-position driver's seat memory function, a 4-way power passenger seat, Homelink remote, and Acura's On-Demand Multi-Use Display (ODMD) with upper 8-inch display screen and lower 7-inch touchscreen. The evolved touchscreen connectivity and media system receives more than 50 design changes to enhance intuitive operation and functionality.

Also available for the first time on the Premium grade is a new tethered navigation system powered by the user's compatible iPhone and data plan via the AcuraLink navigation app. Premium and above models also get Acura's Blind Spot Information and Rear Cross Traffic Monitor along with enhanced audio options, including SiruisXM radio, AHA radio and HD radio.

The Tech Plus grade with AcuraWatch™ and embedded Acura Navigation add a color Multi-information Display (MID) between the tachometer and speedometer, Siri Eyes Free and ELS premium audio system along with the latest generation of Acura Link connected car technology.

All ILX models can be equipped with the AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies, the most advanced system of its kind in the competitive set. AcuraWatch™ includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist System, a Multi-View Rear Camera with Dynamic Guidelines, as well as Road Departure Mitigation and an enhanced Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (including Forward Collision Warning) with sensor fusion technology that enables new capabilities including pedestrian sensing."

It seems to me that a loaded ILX could be a compelling alternative to the TLX. Looking forward to driving impressions.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Notice how tethered Navi is iphone. No mention of android -_- glad I've got your average car Navi plus my android if need be.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:57 PM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
I did notice that. Haven't had an iDevice in over a year.
I think I mentioned that in one of these threads & didn't see any response.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Suzuka Master

IMO, Androids biggest strength (diversity) is also it's biggest weakness when it comes to integrated systems. Considering how long the gestation period for car systems are, it's difficult to time product introductions when the target is moving as fast as smartphone development. Although 'fragmentation' is an overused term, there is more variability in the Android world currently and I'd be interested to see if Android Auto provides a unifying framework that makes it easier for auto makers to build to. Also key would be a unified 'entity' to develop with, a manufacturer doesn't want to talk to Samsung, LG, Huawai, Nokia, Motorola all individually.

For iOS, you only talk to Apple and even here it takes some time. For example, look at the development of the much 'simpler' Siri Eyes Free functionality (from wiki)

Siri was first introduced to the world through the automotive industry in April 2010 as a hands free upgrade with Ford and Honda but fell through when stocks dropped 20% due to price inflation. In June 2012, former Apple SVP Scott Forstall announced that Apple had been in discussions with automobile manufacturers and companies to get Siri integration as part of a scheme called "Siri Eyes Free" mode to provide eyes and hands-free operation
Here we are in model year 2015 and we're finally getting the first factory installation of this tech in Acura (Honda got it about 6 months ago on the '15 Fit and '14 Civic). They did offer a retrofit for '13 and '14 ILX and RDX vehicles but no word on '15 RDX at this time. Co-development is hard.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Nobody knows at this point.

I was told by the GM who I know well here at local Acura dealership in the Chicago burbs that they expect to see the new ILX sometime in the Feb-March 2015 time frame.

Either way I think Acura nailed the new ILX for the most part, the new DCT eliminates the need for a 6 speed manual, that coupled with the extra gears and the new much needed engine is going to make this car a winner.

I looked at the new TLX today for the first time while servicing my beloved 2014 RDX and despite my initial disappointments with the TLX overall it's a nice car, just not sure I would pull the trigger on one after seeing what's coming in the new ILX.

I also have a 2013 ILX Premium and really think I might move into the new model after seeing the pics and reading about the new package, my lease will be up in September 2015 so the timing will be perfect.

I like the TLX but the new ILX is a better looking package in my opinion, plus I like the smaller sportier look in the ILX.
All that said I'm really pleased with the new model, kudos to Acura for a well done package.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
^^ as an owner (well the g/f) of the 150hp car, it is still surprisingly fun to drive and i must admit that it feels much faster than teh numbers suggests. I am always surprised by how fun it is to drive everytime i get behind the wheel...

+1!
Old 12-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Sonor Kid 2
I was told by the GM who I know well here at local Acura dealership in the Chicago burbs that they expect to see the new ILX sometime in the Feb-March 2015 time frame.
When that reply was written, it was still a little open. I think this is a good estimate now. We've ordered some on the last order.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Notice how tethered Navi is iphone. No mention of android -_- glad I've got your average car Navi plus my android if need be.
Keep your eyes open within the next year (at least by 2016) as Acura will be offering android friendly technologies...Google CarPlay I would assume
Old 12-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Notice the 25 hour thunder hill ILX has the older K24Z vs the new K24Y

...because it has tunning options and a 6MT...

http://acuraconnected.com/2014/12/06...f-thunderhill/
Old 12-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Timmy18

Oh even my r20 has a tuning option available and I'm sure flashpro will follow once ktuner is released. Sadly I am going to decline being the test mule.

The new ilx isn't even available and you're claiming there are no tuning options? lol
Old 12-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Either way I think Acura nailed the new ILX for the most part, the new DCT eliminates the need for a 6 speed manual, that coupled with the extra gears and the new much needed engine is going to make this car a winner.

I looked at the new TLX today for the first time while servicing my beloved 2014 RDX and despite my initial disappointments with the TLX overall it's a nice car, just not sure I would pull the trigger on one after seeing what's coming in the new ILX.

I also have a 2013 ILX Premium and really think I might move into the new model after seeing the pics and reading about the new package, my lease will be up in September 2015 so the timing will be perfect.

I like the TLX but the new ILX is a better looking package in my opinion, plus I like the smaller sportier look in the ILX.
All that said I'm really pleased with the new model, kudos to Acura for a well done package.
BWAHAHAHA You're funny bro. It's not a need, it's a fun as hell preference. New DCT is sick, but if you want a stick, it aint a stick.
The following 2 users liked this post by aomechmarine:
iamitman (12-18-2014), silverTL6 (12-10-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Snapshots: Acura ILX at the 2014 25 Hours of Thunderhill - Acura Connected
Stock I think the new bumper looks ugly, but modified like this? WOW that shit looks sick.If you look closely its not jus a simple diffuser, they also have a metal(?) piece that runs above it. Changes the look alot. curious to see a sideview or rear view. I'm thinking someone could buy ILXtype1 side skirts,(really looks like those should fit right on) this/similar diffuser and then hopefully some rear bumper mod and it would make the car look on point.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Eventually I may do those hood vents and MAYBE down the line I would look into getting a front diffuser for mine. For example Aeroflow sells some but i was kinda iffy on those, saw a quite a few cars with those on, and a few had issues. Since then it seems like they stepped their game up, but I'd still probably prefer APR carbon fiber or maybe just custom fab...
Old 12-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts

and its a freakin race car
Old 12-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Oh even my r20 has a tuning option available and I'm sure flashpro will follow once ktuner is released. Sadly I am going to decline being the test mule.

The new ilx isn't even available and you're claiming there are no tuning options? lol
Yay for your R20. Heard about that a little while ago.

Not sure how I should take your second line. You can be a smart ass sometimes. Of course I claimed there are no tunning options.

Internals aren't confirmed compatible from the previous K's just yet, old K series intake manifolds can't fit behind the engine since it sits opposite now ect. The Accord has a reflash out but the TLX/ILX 2.4 variant is too new and requires different tunes for it to work. Doubt they have tried anything this early for either. We both know all that. But my bigger argument is how the W K's aren't racy like the previous K's. I believe the 6MT is even a little less refined vs older K 6MTs.

Honda still rather have the K24Z's for race purposes I believe. I was just putting it out there that the 25 Hour ILX still has the older engine.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
BWAHAHAHA You're funny bro. It's not a need, it's a fun as hell preference. New DCT is sick, but if you want a stick, it aint a stick.
I'm funny bro?
I understand it's a preference, I should have clarified it's not a need for me...
Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Yay for your R20. Heard about that a little while ago.

Not sure how I should take your second line. You can be a smart ass sometimes. Of course I claimed there are no tunning options.

Internals aren't confirmed compatible from the previous K's just yet, old K series intake manifolds can't fit behind the engine since it sits opposite now ect. The Accord has a reflash out but the TLX/ILX 2.4 variant is too new and requires different tunes for it to work. Doubt they have tried anything this early for either. We both know all that. But my bigger argument is how the W K's aren't racy like the previous K's. I believe the 6MT is even a little less refined vs older K 6MTs.

Honda still rather have the K24Z's for race purposes I believe. I was just putting it out there that the 25 Hour ILX still has the older engine.
Nothing is going to have a tuning option before it is released and companies can get their hands on it.

You made it seem like the new ilx wont be as good because there is no tuning option for it before it has even released.

There will be a tuning option. I promise. Just as everyone said there would be none for the r20 but there now is.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm funny bro?
I understand it's a preference, I should have clarified it's not a need for me...
AH, got ya. Still funny tho.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'd say they just went with the ILXtype1 engine because if it aint broke, dont fix it. And because stick. They already had a bunch of what works/what doesnt from the OG ILX racer, might as well keep it going. From what I understand they have a budget to work off of, no money to try out stuff that may/ or may not work. As long as they use the new shell, Im sure Acura advertising people are happy.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts

The Hondata ILX #25 also has the facelift... I don't know what's under the hood, but there could be a chance it has the new engine. If it does, there's surely a tuning option for it, because Hondata

From above:
View this post on Instagram

edit: when a team enters two cars from the same chassis/trim, are their internals usually the same?

Last edited by xtcnrice; 12-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
Definitely a nice improvement. I'm driving a 2015 ILX Base version as a loaner right now and have to say I'm pretty disappointed. The seats are reasonably comfortable, but the ride quality and road noise are grating on my nerves.