2016 ILX unveiled! with Jewel Eyes and A-Spec trim!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iutodd
That's low on everything I think. With all the added equipment I think prices will go up $4-500.

Plus destination on all these

Base: $27,500
Premium: $29,800
Tech+: $32,100

I think your Aspec and Acurawatch prices are about right.

I'm also expecting the TLX base price to jump to $31,500 or so for MY2016 but that's just a git feeling.
You say that but remember with the TLX to get the tech package jumps up to almost $35,000
Old 11-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 07Acuradude
I took this to mean that you just get the standard back up camera, I can't imagine they would take it away all together.
I took at as the same because I remember something being said in the previous ILX that the camera was upgraded to dyamnic for 2014
Old 11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by 07Acuradude
I took this to mean that you just get the standard back up camera, I can't imagine they would take it away all together.
This is true, but remember they also now took out leather. Currently, the base model has a multiview rear camera but it doesn't have dynamic guidelines.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
It kinda looks like a corolla + a civic coupe front end.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I must say that I am getting really annoyed by this new fad of silver/black rims....it looks so cheezie and not sure which brand started it (VW with the TDI?) but this needs to stop!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to the Autoshow today and of course checked out the new ILX.

Mixed opinions.

Hate that Acura implemented the dual screens. My experience with Acura's touchscreen is ... not really good - last two gen MDXs, super laggy, not really responsive).

Aesthetically it looks good great. Really love the lights. Glad they upped the powertrain - though why the hell would they make a 150hp car in the first place.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ As an owner (well the g/f) of the 150hp car, it is still surprisingly fun to drive and I must admit that it feels much faster than teh numbers suggests. I am always surprised by how fun it is to drive everytime i get behind the wheel...
Old 11-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Very disappointed that there won't be a manual in the lineup. This all but guranteees my departure from Acura.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spirited Driver:
4cruizn (11-23-2014), Iceman (11-24-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Im happy I got my 2013 ILX. Off the bat, I feel it looks better -the OEM bodykit, OEM chromed wheels (tho 17's) and most importantly 6 spd stick shift are gonna keep me happy for a while. I think the upgrade wheels (diamond alloys) look better then these new wheels too. I am jealous of the nice big info-tainment screen and jewel eyes tho. A moment of silence for the apparent death of the stick in the Acura lineup... (even the NSX concept looks like it will be auto)
Old 11-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Im happy I got my 2013 ILX. Off the bat, I feel it looks better -the OEM bodykit, OEM chromed wheels (tho 17's) and most importantly 6 spd stick shift are gonna keep me happy for a while. I think the upgrade wheels (diamond alloys) look better then these new wheels too. I am jealous of the nice big info-tainment screen and jewel eyes tho. A moment of silence for the apparent death of the stick in the Acura lineup... (even the NSX concept looks like it will be auto)
I would have considered purchasing my 13 (6 speed) at end of lease, if it wasnt for the road/suspension noise and lack of cabin quietness.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spirited Driver
I would have considered purchasing my 13 (6 speed) at end of lease, if it wasnt for the road/suspension noise and lack of cabin quietness.
Think I never was really bothered by this because Im just used to more economical cars. But this is noticeable compared to any nicer car really. And although a few people did try sound deading, Im not sure it made a huge difference.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Racer

Just saw that the 2015 Honda CR-Z hybrid will be available in a 6-speed manual. Expected to launch this coming spring. Interesting.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Racer

Just saw that the 2015 Honda CR-Z hybrid will be available in a 6-speed manual. Expected to launch this coming spring. Interesting.
Never mind

Just desperate to find a nice small compact car with a manual gearbox, since Acura can no longer accodomate that.

Last edited by Spirited Driver; 11-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
They are fun little cars. The real surprise is that the CR-Z is back at all. But so long as nothing really changes with it, it's easy to keep it going with the MT. They're not 'fast' but they are peppy. 2nd gear tops out at ~57 mph, totally ruining the 0-60 time, but it's deceptively quick. Lifetime average for us (heavy traffic) is about 38mpg.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by nothome17
It kinda looks like a corolla + a civic coupe front end.

I don't see any Corolla there at all. I do see some Civic in the lower front bumper, but that's it.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I still might do that, although the wind noise problem that cropped up recently with the front passenger-side door/window might make me change my mind if it can't be remedied. I'm going to have an Acura tech look at it when I bring it in for my next service, to make sure the body shop put everything back together right.

I do like the new ILX, and who knows, maybe I'll finally accept that three-pedaled cars are gone the way of the dodo. Either that or I'll take a serious look at a BMW.......
Old 11-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Sooo ILX Type-S. Would use the engine and turbo from the civic type r. Would be able to justify the cost for Honda because they are unable to do that with the Civic. Hence why it isn't sold in the US.
Or they could bring back the k23 from the mdx
Old 11-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GrafZeppelin127
I still might do that, although the wind noise problem that cropped up recently with the front passenger-side door/window might make me change my mind if it can't be remedied. I'm going to have an Acura tech look at it when I bring it in for my next service, to make sure the body shop put everything back together right.

I do like the new ILX, and who knows, maybe I'll finally accept that three-pedaled cars are gone the way of the dodo. Either that or I'll take a serious look at a BMW.......
My ILX is at Acura (AGAIN) at the moment for 3 issues (rattle in the rear, brake release ping, water sloshing...).

I have the i4 TLX as a loaner, and just can't see myself driving an auto anytime soon. Way to boring for my taste.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
My ILX is at Acura (AGAIN) at the moment for 3 issues (rattle in the rear, brake release ping, water sloshing...).

I have the i4 TLX as a loaner, and just can't see myself driving an auto anytime soon. Way to boring for my taste.
I dont understand how it can be "boring".

Nascar is one of the only racing sports where everyone manually operates the clutch.

In many many race cars today the driver still manually switches gears but only be pressing a button or paddle. The car then electronically shifts gears.

I understand the want for a manual because there is more market for tuning. But the claim that it is boring seems uneducated. The 3rd pedal is really just archaic in comparison to the semi-auto sequential gearbox that changes gears faster than a human can... but only when the human clicks the paddle.

Which is pretty similar to the auto with paddles... minus all the power a race car has and well the torque converter. But really, Im tired of the claim that it is boring. You are driving, if you need to be entertained buy some skittles or go to a track.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by usdmJON
I dont understand how it can be "boring".

Nascar is one of the only racing sports where everyone manually operates the clutch.

In many many race cars today the driver still manually switches gears but only be pressing a button or paddle. The car then electronically shifts gears.

I understand the want for a manual because there is more market for tuning. But the claim that it is boring seems uneducated. The 3rd pedal is really just archaic in comparison to the semi-auto sequential gearbox that changes gears faster than a human can... but only when the human clicks the paddle.

Which is pretty similar to the auto with paddles... minus all the power a race car has and well the torque converter. But really, Im tired of the claim that it is boring. You are driving, if you need to be entertained buy some skittles or go to a track.
To me IT IS boring. I do not care for tuning, racing....

I care about driver engagement (the experience), being in total control of the vehicle. Personally, that's something I don't experience driving an auto.

I enjoy every time I sit down in my car, and look forward to rowing my own gears.
The following 3 users liked this post by Spirited Driver:
EzeE1o (11-24-2014), iamitman (11-25-2014), Nedmundo (11-25-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

I care about driver engagement (the experience), being in total control of the vehicle. Personally, that's something I don't experience driving an auto.

I enjoy every time I sit down in my car, and look forward to rowing my own gears.
I enjoy every time I sit down in my car as well. A sports auto, semi-auto, and manual are all equally engaging.

Do you find F1 cars boring because they lack a clutch you can press or stick you can row with?
Old 11-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I do too; I've been driving stick exclusively for almost 26 years and I just don't feel comfortable driving automatics (e.g., in rental cars). I feel like I'm less in control of the car, especially in low-speed maneuvering in parking lots and garages and what-not. Even in stop-and-go traffic I'd rather sit in neutral than hold the brake pedal down against an automatic that's trying to take off. (That's why, after 4 months living in L.A., I still haven't soured on the manual.)

All that said, I haven't really driven any modern, advanced automatics like the Acura DCT, or a CVT, or anything really more than a 4-speed. When I started driving stick in the late '80s there was a significant acceleration, performance, fuel-economy and maintenance advantage of manuals over automatics; today, that advantage has almost entirely evaporated and in some cases been eclipsed.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 ilx

Im not sure why everyone says the new grill is "beak less". It still looks like a beak to me, but worse than the old grill. I do love the new front and rear taillights, however I'm happy with the grill on my 2014 ilx. Overall though it's a nice improvement.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GrafZeppelin127
I do too; I've been driving stick exclusively for almost 26 years and I just don't feel comfortable driving automatics (e.g., in rental cars). I feel like I'm less in control of the car, especially in low-speed maneuvering in parking lots and garages and what-not. Even in stop-and-go traffic I'd rather sit in neutral than hold the brake pedal down against an automatic that's trying to take off. (That's why, after 4 months living in L.A., I still haven't soured on the manual.)

All that said, I haven't really driven any modern, advanced automatics like the Acura DCT, or a CVT, or anything really more than a 4-speed. When I started driving stick in the late '80s there was a significant acceleration, performance, fuel-economy and maintenance advantage of manuals over automatics; today, that advantage has almost entirely evaporated and in some cases been eclipsed.
In the past an automatic was stuck shifting ONLY when the car wanted to. I clearly understand people's hate for those transmissions.
Now a days you control when to up shift and downshift, and when matched with a torque converter can be just as quick as a manual counterpart.

Don't get me wrong, I love downshifting in my old bosses manual MR2. Shit was nutty. But only because of the amount of power and torque it had at the wheels and it was RWD. Not because it had a clutch. In fact, if it had a semi auto that shifted faster than I could it would have been even more fun.

But I also see NO use for that in my daily commute. In fact it would be a waste of gas and slightly annoying in traffic.

I guess for me there is a time and place for everything. In my daily life, a manual doesnt have much place. If I could get track time in somewhere, Id own a manual s2k.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:49 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Some non screen caps from acura.com

The new ILX looks gorgeous, I would say this one is the most stylish in its class compared to the A3/CLA. If they can update the new TLX with this new design up front and offer an A-Spec trim id trade my TL in a heartbeat.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Just a heads up, Acura is working on getting the awd version ready by the end of 2015. Just heard it today from an Acura district sales manager, who also stated the TLX 4 cyl is in the process of receiving the same awd treatment. Next year is going to be quite the year, stay tuned...
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 06:30 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by bovicious
Just a heads up, Acura is working on getting the awd version ready by the end of 2015. Just heard it today from an Acura district sales manager, who also stated the TLX 4 cyl is in the process of receiving the same awd treatment. Next year is going to be quite the year, stay tuned...
Will it be SH-AWD or the neutered one from the RDX? Hard to imagine them doing such a significant drivetrain update in the middle of a generation, let alone outside of an MMC.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:21 AM
shenanigans

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts
When will pricing on the ILX be announced?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:42 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by silverTL6
Will it be SH-AWD or the neutered one from the RDX? Hard to imagine them doing such a significant drivetrain update in the middle of a generation, let alone outside of an MMC.
take that with a grain of salt.

if the info did not come from Colin, it's probably just a rumor.

furthermore; if the RDX doesnt get the SHAWD in the MMC, the ILX wont get it either.

nurtured down AWD for ALL!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by justnspace
take that with a grain of salt.

if the info did not come from Colin, it's probably just a rumor.

furthermore; if the RDX doesnt get the SHAWD in the MMC, the ILX wont get it either.

nurtured down AWD for ALL!!!!!!!
Any guess when the mmc RDX will be debuted?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Any guess when the mmc RDX will be debuted?
Spring is what I've been told.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
I like this little Acura Reminds me of the 1st gen TSX. I think they nailed it on paper. Looks perfect for a college grad. It has a nice appeal and great alternative for the entry level market.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Racer

Given that Acura has gone away with offering a manual transmission in their lineup, I will give Acura one last look before I part ways with the company after 14 years.

Only way I stay, and go with an automatic is if they nail the 16 RDX.

Last edited by Spirited Driver; 11-25-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ As an owner (well the g/f) of the 150hp car, it is still surprisingly fun to drive and I must admit that it feels much faster than teh numbers suggests. I am always surprised by how fun it is to drive everytime i get behind the wheel...
Same here. Acura did something right with the gearing - it's rare that I feel the car is behind the power curve.

The handling and cornering are what really have disappointed me.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
man acura is going downhill now
Old 11-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by aIRpeACE
the negativity is strong in this one....
Old 11-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

cuz I mean the new TLX - what a piece of crap! right guys? yeah - this guy gets what im saying!
Old 11-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by bovicious
I wonder if you did a search for "Acura district sales manager" on this site, how many rumors that never happened would show up, lol.
The following users liked this post:
aomechmarine (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
I would have said that back in 2008 when they first intro'd the beak, but not now. It seems like for once there might be a pulse back at Acura again... maybe.
The following 2 users liked this post by jwong77:
aomechmarine (11-25-2014), Flightwriter (11-26-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Ping from the brakes

When you mention a "ping" when you release the brakes at a stop sign, you got my attention. Our 2004 ILX Tech does the same thing when it is cold. Started at about 11,000 miles on the ODO. Our noise is more of a "clack" which occurs if you release the brake pedal quickly. Dealer thinks this is normal for this car . Glad we have it leased.

Quick Reply: 2016 ILX unveiled! with Jewel Eyes and A-Spec trim!