2016 ILX Loud

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 ILX Loud

I recently leased a 2016 ILX. This is more for my wife to drive and she picked it out.

I am glad I don't drive it. It is without a doubt the loudest vehicle I have ever driven. I have driven dump trucks and garbage trucks less deafening than this thing. Seriously...I am not exaggerating.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by gtdrake
I recently leased a 2016 ILX. This is more for my wife to drive and she picked it out.

I am glad I don't drive it. It is without a doubt the loudest vehicle I have ever driven. I have driven dump trucks and garbage trucks less deafening than this thing. Seriously...I am not exaggerating.
Bro. You have posted 7 times here and it was to complain about your extended warranty for 4 posts, then 5th and 6th to say your TLX is crap then a 7th to claim your ILX is louder than a garbage trunk.

I have learned two things about you so far:

1. You exaggerate then claim you aren't exaggerating. All of us here are driving an ILX. 100% of the 2016 users have said the 16 is more refined than the 13-15. I drive a 2013 and can tell you without a doubt it is not even half as loud as a garbage truck. You sir have hearing issues.

2. Maybe Acuras arent for you. Maybe once they were but no longer are. I dont know. What I do know is if you hate the ILX your wife drives and hate the TLX you bought. There is only one more sedan to try... but if I was you I wouldnt try it. Clearly you wont like it.

May I ask what cars you have owned that you liked and why you turned those in for two Acuras you clearly didnt test drive enough before purchasing?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Bro. You have posted 7 times here and it was to complain about your extended warranty for 4 posts, then 5th and 6th to say your TLX is crap then a 7th to claim your ILX is louder than a garbage trunk.

1. You exaggerate then claim you aren't exaggerating. All of us here are driving an ILX. 100% of the 2016 users have said the 16 is more refined than the 13-15. I drive a 2013 and can tell you without a doubt it is not even half as loud as a garbage truck. You sir have hearing issues.

2. Maybe Acuras arent for you. Maybe once they were but no longer are. I dont know. What I do know is if you hate the ILX your wife drives and hate the TLX you bought. There is only one more sedan to try... but if I was you I wouldnt try it. Clearly you wont like it.

May I ask what cars you have owned that you liked and why you turned those in for two Acuras you clearly didnt test drive enough before purchasing?
I have both a 2016 ILX and 2015 TLX. I am not impressed with either one.

I am sorry this bothers you if you designed them or if you are some poor sucker trying to convince yourself you made a good purchase.

I never drove a 2015 ILX, so I wouldn't know how noisy it is.

Is there a limit to how much I can post? If I were posting positive comments about my cars, would that be okay with you? Would I be able to post more?
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes that was made very clear. What did you drive before the ILX and TLX?

I am sorry this bothers you if you designed them or if you are some poor sucker trying to convince yourself you made a good purchase.
Looks like we both made similar purchases. I however researched and enjoy mine. So whos the sucker?

And I am telling you that it is common knowledge here that the 2016 you are reviewing is more refined than my 2013. I can also say my 2013 is very quite, far quieter than the 2013 Civic or the 1994 Integra I just sold. So not sure what silent electric garbage trucks they use in your area. They sound pretty cool!

Is there a limit to how much I can post? If I were posting positive comments about my cars, would that be okay with you? Would I be able to post more?
Excuse me? You can post however much you like. Im just pointing out that you have been nothing but negative since youve signed on to these forums. I hope that isn't you in a nut shell... negative. That would suck. But sure seems like it.

Again I ask. What cars did you own before that you enjoyed? Maybe we can help you find the car that is right for you so we dont have to deal with you in these forums anymore. Sounds like a win win to me.
The following users liked this post:
k24ilx (10-28-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

I agree. Maybe its time to trade in both ya Ilx and Tlx. I hear Buick has quiet cabin.
k24ilx (10-28-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

I had a 2016 ILX as a loaner about a month ago.

The ILX noise 'issue' (it's quieter than my 07 TL-S for sure) should have been evident on the test drive. Why would you buy a car you didn't like? Why would you not take an extended test drive?

I recently test drove a Lexus IS350 F-sport (AWD as that's the only way they come in Canada) and I couldn't get over the transfer case hump in the floor by the gas pedal. It annoyed me by pressing against my right calf. Guess what? I DIDN'T BUY THE CAR.

Sounds like you didn't think hard enough about your buying decisions, are now having buyer's remorse, and whining to us about it.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
OP - People like you are funny. You're the type that buys the car, then has buyers remorse. Working at Honda, I feel no sympathy for you at all. Sometimes when I can tell people are really picky, i take them on longer test drives so that they can punch it a little and hear the car, feel the car. I don't really recommend driving too crazy or aggressive until after the break in period, but c'mon... If you're Spending $20-50k on car, you don't want to know what it is you're buying?

Your fault man. 100%. you honestly sound like a liar or exaggerater... or just someone who likes to be negative, super picky, or bitch about trivial shit... If you want way nicer, go fucking spending more then!

I have a ton of funny stories from working at the dealer... sometimes dumbass people like you want to say shit like "well the Lexus/Mercedes I test drove is quieter and had more bla bla bla..." Well then WHY the fuck are you here? Go buy that car then!! LOLZ If you want more, pay more!! Simple as that.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
It really comes down to preference. Though I do agree, you shouldn't buy a car if something is not right for you. Personally, I was between the 2015 Nissan Altima, the 2015 Lexus IS 250, and the 2016 Acura ILX. Coming from a 05 Civic, the ILX was much quieter than my Civic. The Nissan Altima felt like it was revving all the time during acceleration with no punch to it at all, so that was a no brainer for me. I didn't want to spend my money on something that I felt like was much better back in 2008 (that my girlfriend owns, although that car felt more refined for the time, but also had that weird revving issue during faster acceleration). My dad on the other hand wanted something that had a bit more punch to it, didn't look for luxury, didn't want extra goodies, just something that had power and was quiet and felt like it had weight. So I told him to check out the 2012 Dodge Charger at the time. He fell in love with it since it was all he needed, and it was lower in price than any luxury car ($24K with V6, and feels sturdy and is good enough for him).

So it is all about preference. If you didn't like the ILX or TLX, you shouldn't have bought it. There had to be something at the time of purchase why you bought it, though that is unclear at this point in time.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

OP also reminds me of a specific customer. Guy refused to test drive. The managers where I work, half are great half are very stupid. YES, it is my job to try to get you to test drive 1) Flat out, so you KNOW whether you like the car or not. Not because it looks nice, cool, etc... Do you actually enjoy driving it?

He refused to test drive a certified Pre-owned car... USED Car dude, C'MON test drive that shit, LOOK IT OVER... I got "talked to" by one of the dumbass managers (the kind that can't be bothered to do their job)... Another one actually understood the guy was just a dumb asshole, took over... Serious... When he ALSO tried to get him to test drive, the guy just kept insisting on haggling for a lower price... WTF?! Why are you trying to purchase something you don't even 100% know you want? STUPID... guy was a control freak tho... He started complaining about the car, BEFORE HE EVEN LEFT....Technically, the car is NOT yours, until you leave... yet this grown man decides to leave with the car he is not 100% satisfied with... He came back like at least 3 times to complain... All that time spent could have been saved by doing a proper test drive and lookover...

I've had people walk after they test drove. I can't blame them, it's not a car they want. Yea, I'm supposed to try and save the deal, but I'm not a pushy asshole like that. I sell enough cars. Trying to get out of this actually. Cuz people like the OP irritate me... A LOT...

Personally, that's why I'm get out of sales... Most people are cool, its actually kind of fun helping people buy a nice new car, exciting. You feel happy for them... But then there's ridiculous unreasonable people and also people with SUPER bad credit.... Yea, we can get them "financed"....NO PROBLEM!! Just put $5000-$7500 down, get a co-signer, and your payment on your new Honda Accord will ONLY be $750 a month! The really asshole veteran salesman, I swear, I want to laugh they push that HARD on people - like " WOW, That deal right there, IT'S A BLESSING!!! DO IT!! GREAT DEAL" And I'm just standing there internally going "BWAHAHAHAHA!!" Some people actually do it tho... SMH

Last edited by aomechmarine; 10-28-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Rae Ray

OP, I have about 2 month since i signed up with Acurazine and what I've learn from this forum is that it doesn't tolerate remorse. I had a color remorse between gray and blue not so long ago, I shared that remorse here but got put back down in my seat real quick.
If you have any question regarding anything else about the car. The forums are here to help, and they help really quickly . My question where answered almost instantly by our follow members. But if you want to whine bitch and moan. Save it for the wife, Cuz they dont want to hear it here.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love reading this but honestly OP is making himself look like a fool, haha everyone here is bashing this guy . Sounds right to me he deserves it, but it's the internet and their are trolls everywhere like this guy.

If you want something quieter buy a BMW i8 lol
Old 10-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
don't be too hard on "gtdrake". I had a 2014 ILX 2.4 and I loved the car, but hated the "road noise" on the highway at speeds over 60mph. I drove it for a full day before I bought it on all types of roads and was hesitant then about the road noise, but loved shifting. I had it for a year and traded it with 1132 miles on a brand new 2014 TL SHawd which I have been very happy with. It drives way better than the ILX. I have 4 Acura's and they don't get driven that much. I loved the looks of the 2014 ILX even better than the 2016 MMC. I think it was one of the best looking cars Acura made!--- but the road noise in the end really got to me. couldn't hear the radio.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

But you turned it in instead of just complaining. #RESPECT #GROWNMANDECISION
Old 10-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by poeycat
don't be too hard on "gtdrake". I had a 2014 ILX 2.4 and I loved the car, but hated the "road noise" on the highway at speeds over 60mph. I drove it for a full day before I bought it on all types of roads and was hesitant then about the road noise, but loved shifting. I had it for a year and traded it with 1132 miles on a brand new 2014 TL SHawd which I have been very happy with. It drives way better than the ILX. I have 4 Acura's and they don't get driven that much. I loved the looks of the 2014 ILX even better than the 2016 MMC. I think it was one of the best looking cars Acura made!--- but the road noise in the end really got to me. couldn't hear the radio.
You couldnt hear the radio?! My fucking god. Do you guys hear the claims youre making? No damn way it was louder than the radio.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Advanced

Re: usdmJON

I don't like to have the radio blasting and that was needed to overcome the road noise. There were some other issues, one of which was the interior had a very strong plastic smell that was overwhelming and nauseating. If I didn't drive the car for a few days, there would be a rotten smell like a dead rodent under the seats and combined with the plastic smell it would almost make me sick. The handling was mediocre and didn't handle anywhere near to what my 2014 TL tech-shawd handles. Got 24,000 on the trade in and the new TL for 40,000 plus tax and for a 16,000 diff I got into a much better car. The one thing I miss about the ILX was it's small size but have that covered with my 2012 rdx awd.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't like to have the radio blasting and that was needed to overcome the road noise. There were some other issues, one of which was the interior had a very strong plastic smell that was overwhelming and nauseating. If I didn't drive the car for a few days, there would be a rotten smell like a dead rodent under the seats and combined with the plastic smell it would almost make me sick. The handling was mediocre and didn't handle anywhere near to what my 2014 TL tech-shawd handles. Got 24,000 on the trade in and the new TL for 40,000 plus tax and for a 16,000 diff I got into a much better car. The one thing I miss about the ILX was it's small size but have that covered with my 2012 rdx awd.
Still calling exaggeration on your noise claims. Same for this other dude and same now for your claims on the smell. Enjoy your new car. For 16grand id hope you got into a newer car.

Whats with people not knowing or enjoying what they purchase then they have to complain to others until they agree they made the same stupid purchase.

We enjoy our ilx and we think youre nuts. This is an entry level acura. Comparing it to a TL is stupid. Moving on.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by banana13
I love reading this but honestly OP is making himself look like a fool, haha everyone here is bashing this guy . Sounds right to me he deserves it, but it's the internet and their are trolls everywhere like this guy.

If you want something quieter buy a BMW i8 lol
Still haven't figured out what a "troll" is.
I understand that my post upsets some people on here. I got this car for my wife, she drives it. I drove it a few times, and realized how loud this little POS is lol. This thing is a lunchbox on wheels! I feel sorry for the losers that hang out on here, proud of these things. It's a cheap four cylinder Japanses compact car, I knew that when I got it for my wife. I just want people to know that it sucks, because if potential customers were to read into all the hype that Acura puts out there, they may end up buying a POS when the thought they were getting a nice car.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
OP - People like you are funny. You're the type that buys the car, then has buyers remorse. Working at Honda, I feel no sympathy for you at all. Sometimes when I can tell people are really picky, i take them on longer test drives so that they can punch it a little and hear the car, feel the car. I don't really recommend driving too crazy or aggressive until after the break in period, but c'mon... If you're Spending $20-50k on car, you don't want to know what it is you're buying?

Your fault man. 100%. you honestly sound like a liar or exaggerater... or just someone who likes to be negative, super picky, or bitch about trivial shit... If you want way nicer, go fucking spending more then!

I have a ton of funny stories from working at the dealer... sometimes dumbass people like you want to say shit like "well the Lexus/Mercedes I test drove is quieter and had more bla bla bla..." Well then WHY the fuck are you here? Go buy that car then!! LOLZ If you want more, pay more!! Simple as that.
I am sorry if I offended you. Don't take it personal. I just think these cars suck. I accept it and plan on getting rid of them early. This is just a 4 cylinder japanse compact POS, that's all buddy.

By the way, not sure where you were going with your stories about working at a dealership, but either way I hope you found a real job by now, one that makes you happy.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Suzuka Master

I am sorry if I offended you. Don't take it personal. I just think these cars suck. I accept it and plan on getting rid of them early. This is just a 4 cylinder japanse compact POS, that's all buddy.

By the way, not sure where you were going with your stories about working at a dealership, but either way I hope you found a real job by now, one that makes you happy.
Dude. This car may be a pos in your opinion but youre also a pos in my opinion coming in here calling everyone suckers and telling people they need to get a real fucking job.

You can drop your exaggerated opinions and call it a day but now youre just trying to piss people off by continually pushing said exaggerated opinions with no further info or meat to the argument.

Youve said your 2 cents. Now you should go queitly into the night before you make yourself sound like more of a degenerate.

Last edited by usdmJON; 11-01-2015 at 04:43 PM.
aomechmarine (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
The best way to make a point is to express it in a manner that people can appreciate and can relate with. The g/f drive a 2014 ILX and while I agree that it is not the most refined vehicle on certain roadways, it is far from being louder than a dump truck...IMO of course.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Cruisin'

Dude. This car may be a pos in your opinion but youre also a pos in my opinion coming in here calling everyone suckers and telling people they need to get a real fucking job.

You can drop your exaggerated opinions and call it a day but now youre just trying to piss people off by continually pushing said exaggerated opinions with no further info or meat to the argument.

Youve said your 2 cents. Now you should go queitly into the night before you make yourself sound like more of a degenerate.
You are a very angry individual. Has your experience with your Acura done this to you? Was it your job that you seem so touchy about, or maybe mommy didn't cut the crust off your sandwiches.

ILX is shit. Plain and simple. It's louder than a garbage truck and handles like a shopping cart. What can you expect though from a compact Japanese 4 cylinder.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Advanced

usdmJON- I do have a right to express my opinion about my ILX purchase. I got into it because of vanity of a 66 year old man wanting a stick shift and thinking it could recapture my youth. I do think it is a cool car, but buying it wasn't a good decision because it really complicated my finances and situation plus I lost 4,000 trading it in with low miles, but getting the TL was the best way to salvage a bad decision. I really wish posters would not use the "F" word as I find it offensive. Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Suzuka Master

You are a very angry individual. Has your experience with your Acura done this to you? Was it your job that you seem so touchy about, or maybe mommy didn't cut the crust off your sandwiches.

ILX is shit. Plain and simple. It's louder than a garbage truck and handles like a shopping cart. What can you expect though from a compact Japanese 4 cylinder.
Lmao No you fool. I have loved the last 2 acuras ive driven. Listening to you is whats upsetting.

Youre either really stupid, really ignorant, or a troll.

If you have driven 4 cylinder japanese and think they are pieces of shit then you are stupid.

If you have not driven 4 cylinder japamese cars and think they are pos then you are ignorant.

If you know there is nothing wrong with 4 cylinder japanese cars andbyoure just talking shit to piss people off then you are a troll.

You are indeed one of the above. Id go with a little bit of all 3 through.

I ask again... This is like the 5th time. What cars would you suggest over japanese cars?

P. S. If you truly thought japanese 4 cylinder cars were pieces of shiy then you are a piece of shit husband for allowing your wife to sign off on purchasing one.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

"REAL JOB" LOLZ

I've already HAD a few careers buddy. Marine Corps Sgt being the easy go to.

A solid car salesman can make an easy 40-50k in their FIRST year. There's salesman at HONDA dealerships making 80-120k a year. Is that "REAL" enough for you? I don't personally like it, but it's a pretty solid real career/ job. You just gotta actually enjoy it.

My point with the comments was that I don't like annoying whiners. I'm not offended, I just don't like crybabies. If you're such a baller, GREAT! Step it up and buy a nicer car, those salesman gotta get that commission!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Cruisin'

"REAL JOB" LOLZ

I've already HAD a few careers buddy. Marine Corps Sgt being the easy go to.

A solid car salesman can make an easy 40-50k in their FIRST year. There's salesman at HONDA dealerships making 80-120k a year. Is that "REAL" enough for you? I don't personally like it, but it's a pretty solid real career/ job. You just gotta actually enjoy it.

My point with the comments was that I don't like annoying whiners. I'm not offended, I just don't like crybabies. If you're such a baller, GREAT! Step it up and buy a nicer car, those salesman gotta get that commission!
First off car salesman are scum of the earth. I am sure I am not the first person to write this, nor the last. And no 80-120k would not be good enough for me lol.

Second off, I am sure you and your family are impressed with your short career in the military. But let's face it, odds are you were there for the same reason most young men join, looking to "get a little mud on your helmet".
Old 11-02-2015, 05:02 AM
Suzuka Master

First off car salesman are scum of the earth. I am sure I am not the first person to write this, nor the last.
Your opinions are ignorant and sweeping. First signs to a shallow mind.

On the internet you can be whoever you want my friend. Keep telling yourself you make more than what aomech mentioned and we'll pretend someone with that income would waste their time bitching about the ILX his wife drives in these forums.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
There seems to be an overabundance of trolls on AZ as of late. I wonder what gives.
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
aomechmarine (11-02-2015), jwong77 (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

First off car salesman are scum of the earth. I am sure I am not the first person to write this, nor the last. And no 80-120k would not be good enough for me lol.

Second off, I am sure you and your family are impressed with your short career in the military. But let's face it, odds are you were there for the same reason most young men join, looking to "get a little mud on your helmet".
AWW so you are too good for 6 figures? OK, SURE BUDDY. Car sales isn't a career for me, but it's a perfectly respectable job. When i think of the fact some poor salesman had to deal with YOU and your pretentious whiny self WOW... he EARNED that commission....

Go ahead and turn in the ILX "baller". Apparently you really are a cheap ass that doesn't care about his wife... SMH If it's such a crappy car, Why is your beloved wife still driving it? C'mon big man? Don't you love your wife? Can't afford another beamer "baller"? Maybe you should try car sales. The managers at my work all own Tesla Model S's. Yep, over 100K cars. But you're too good for that - RIGHT?

Yes my family IS proud of me, I proudly served my country and so did they. My cousin died in Iraq and one of my cousins is a SEAL. You can go ahead and just shut up about the military. Go ahead and talk crap about the military to military members faces, not on the internet, see how that works out for you. PUSSY. Oh, go ahead and tell me you'd "beat their ass" LOL Sure buddy... SURE... LMAO

Last edited by aomechmarine; 11-02-2015 at 11:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by aomechmarine:
poeycat (11-02-2015), vega2717 (03-16-2016)
Old 11-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Speaking of which, yes, car salesman don't get a good reputation, because of the way some of them deal with new customers, trying to shove something down their throat they they don't necessarily need, just want. Either way, every job is a job, it doesn't matter how you make your living, as long as you are satisfied and feel like you have done something good in your life while doing it. If it is picking up trash for the city or sitting in front of a computer all day, it doesn't matter. If you're happy, that's what matters. Yes, you need money to be able to afford nice things, but nice things only go to a certain extend in keeping you happy. It's been shown that people with lots of money are no more happy than those that don't have a lot of money but still make their life enjoyable by doing something they enjoy. As a matter a fact, it has also been shown that someone who's been through a major trauma, amputation, health problems tends to be more happy in the long run than a millionaire. With that said, I have in no way or form done any retail, sales, marketing, etc in my life, I'm in IT and work with networking/computers.

OP, as much as you have some very strong opinions about certain things, it is not very nice or even on the mature side of things to point them out in a very honest way when you don't even have any way to explain why you have those opinions. If you had some really brutally honest and valid points, you would tell us why. As usdmJON asked 5 times, which cars do you think are well suited for you? What do you like driving? We understand "Japanese POS cars" are not for you, so do you enjoy German engineered cars, or American cars? If so why? We'd like to know so we could understand why your opinions are so strong about Japanese cars, like the Acura ILX.

Coming from a Civic for me was a big change. Yes, I'm 24, and I might have a decent job, but not to the point where it would be feasible for me to invest into a Bentley, Mercedes, etc. I personally see no point in it since cars are bad investment. So I settled on a mid range car. I like the Japanese cars for their reliability, low maintenance, low overall service cost, etc. I had great experience with the Civic until it got totaled when someone hit me from the rear, but it was a solid car. Yes it was much much louder than the ILX, but it was still a car that worked and got me from point A to point B. I love driving cars and I hate noise, but I did something about it and I insulated the crap out of the car and it became a very enjoyable Civic. the ILX seems to be have way more insulation than the Civic, so I didn't feel like it required more to be enjoyable. But that's just my personal opinion.

If you could just explain yourself like this, then it would be greatly appreciated. I don't like to argue and I don't like trolls online. It is possible you are a very nice person, but our first impression about you has changed since we see you more as a troll and someone who has way too much time on their hands to just bash everything and not say anything that actually has some good meaning.
The following 2 users liked this post by peti1212:
poeycat (11-02-2015), usdmJON (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Suzuka Master

usdmJON- I do have a right to express my opinion about my ILX purchase. I got into it because of vanity of a 66 year old man wanting a stick shift and thinking it could recapture my youth. I do think it is a cool car, but buying it wasn't a good decision because it really complicated my finances and situation plus I lost 4,000 trading it in with low miles, but getting the TL was the best way to salvage a bad decision. I really wish posters would not use the "F" word as I find it offensive. Hope this helps.
You have all the right to express your opinion.

And I have all the same right to call bullshit on your opinion.

You think the road is louder than the radio. That's subjective based on how loud you listen to your radio. Anyone that drives in silence can say the car is loud. For an entry level acura, you cant expect the drive to be SILENT.

And as well... I have all the right to call BS on OP claiming garbage trucks are louder than my car. That is 100% false and stupid as hell to claim because we all know it's not true.

As for the F word. Sorry if that offended but maybe you should be on the internet if the F word offends you... especially when it isnt even used against you.
poeycat (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Poeycat, you probably should go buy a RLX. I think it will "fit" you better.

as loud as a dump truck lmfao. If you hate your ILX and TLX go trade them som' bitches in and stop complaining. Did you do any research on the car before buying them?

I drove the 16' ILX and 15' TLX, what road noise?

Entry level Acura and you want no road noise.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Poeycat, you probably should go buy a RLX. I think it will "fit" you better.

as loud as a dump truck lmfao. If you hate your ILX and TLX go trade them som' bitches in and stop complaining. Did you do any research on the car before buying them?

I drove the 16' ILX and 15' TLX, what road noise?

Entry level Acura and you want no road noise.
He had an extensive 10 minutes behind the wheel of the tlx he bought. But no time in the ilx. Thats his wife car so why on earth should he test it. He already knows 4 cylinder japanese cars are pure shit.

P. S. He reported me and i got threatened with a ban for calling him an idiot and his wife a troll. So watch out rambling guys.

Last edited by usdmJON; 11-02-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Cruisin'

He had an extensive 10 minutes behind the wheel of the tlx he bought. But no time in the ilx. Thats his wife car so why on earth should he test it. He already knows 4 cylinder japanese cars are pure shit.

P. S. He reported me and i got threatened with a ban for calling him an idiot and his wife a troll. So watch out rambling guys.
Wow you guys are strange! I dont even know how to "report" someone on here. Lol. That is a good one. Who would I be reporting to? You guys live in your own little world here. I am just a guy who has two cars that he hates. This is REALLY bothering people. That is really pathetic on so many levels.

I have one retard claiming I "reported" him, and another nimrod who thinks because he was in the army that actually means something to me.

I can't wait to see what's next!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Rae Ray

He reported u?? Whatt?? R u serious! Smh Gtdrake smh!!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow you guys are strange! I dont even know how to "report" someone on here. Lol. That is a good one. Who would I be reporting to? You guys live in your own little world here. I am just a guy who has two cars that he hates. This is REALLY bothering people. That is really pathetic on so many levels.

I have one retard claiming I "reported" him, and another nimrod who thinks because he was in the army that actually means something to me.

I can't wait to see what's next!
You are just a guy that knows 4 cylinder Japanese cars are crap yet you let your wife buy one. Then you took a 10 minute test drive and bought a brand new car you already dont like by the same Japanese company that you claim makes pos 4 cylinders.

What bothers people isnt your opinion. It is the way you give your opinion. You made an outlandish claim no one believed. Then after no one was willing to take your word you started calling everyone losers and shitting on a car a lot of people here enjoy.

How you think people are supposed to be okay with that is mind boggling.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Cruisin'

AWW so you are too good for 6 figures? OK, SURE BUDDY. Car sales isn't a career for me, but it's a perfectly respectable job. When i think of the fact some poor salesman had to deal with YOU and your pretentious whiny self WOW... he EARNED that commission....

Go ahead and turn in the ILX "baller". Apparently you really are a cheap ass that doesn't care about his wife... SMH If it's such a crappy car, Why is your beloved wife still driving it? C'mon big man? Don't you love your wife? Can't afford another beamer "baller"? Maybe you should try car sales. The managers at my work all own Tesla Model S's. Yep, over 100K cars. But you're too good for that - RIGHT?

Yes my family IS proud of me, I proudly served my country and so did they. My cousin died in Iraq and one of my cousins is a SEAL. You can go ahead and just shut up about the military. Go ahead and talk crap about the military to military members faces, not on the internet, see how that works out for you. PUSSY. Oh, go ahead and tell me you'd "beat their ass" LOL Sure buddy... SURE... LMAO
Wow you are really pissed! You actually believe I care about your job in the military? I think it's fair to say you are really jealous because I obviously make more than you, drive a similar car that I hate and you worship. That's it, that's all!

On another note. What really goes on in the tent when the sun goes down? Seriously...
Old 11-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by peti1212
Speaking of which, yes, car salesman don't get a good reputation, because of the way some of them deal with new customers, trying to shove something down their throat they they don't necessarily need, just want. Either way, every job is a job, it doesn't matter how you make your living, as long as you are satisfied and feel like you have done something good in your life while doing it. If it is picking up trash for the city or sitting in front of a computer all day, it doesn't matter. If you're happy, that's what matters. Yes, you need money to be able to afford nice things, but nice things only go to a certain extend in keeping you happy. It's been shown that people with lots of money are no more happy than those that don't have a lot of money but still make their life enjoyable by doing something they enjoy. As a matter a fact, it has also been shown that someone who's been through a major trauma, amputation, health problems tends to be more happy in the long run than a millionaire. With that said, I have in no way or form done any retail, sales, marketing, etc in my life, I'm in IT and work with networking/computers.

OP, as much as you have some very strong opinions about certain things, it is not very nice or even on the mature side of things to point them out in a very honest way when you don't even have any way to explain why you have those opinions. If you had some really brutally honest and valid points, you would tell us why. As usdmJON asked 5 times, which cars do you think are well suited for you? What do you like driving? We understand "Japanese POS cars" are not for you, so do you enjoy German engineered cars, or American cars? If so why? We'd like to know so we could understand why your opinions are so strong about Japanese cars, like the Acura ILX.

Coming from a Civic for me was a big change. Yes, I'm 24, and I might have a decent job, but not to the point where it would be feasible for me to invest into a Bentley, Mercedes, etc. I personally see no point in it since cars are bad investment. So I settled on a mid range car. I like the Japanese cars for their reliability, low maintenance, low overall service cost, etc. I had great experience with the Civic until it got totaled when someone hit me from the rear, but it was a solid car. Yes it was much much louder than the ILX, but it was still a car that worked and got me from point A to point B. I love driving cars and I hate noise, but I did something about it and I insulated the crap out of the car and it became a very enjoyable Civic. the ILX seems to be have way more insulation than the Civic, so I didn't feel like it required more to be enjoyable. But that's just my personal opinion.

If you could just explain yourself like this, then it would be greatly appreciated. I don't like to argue and I don't like trolls online. It is possible you are a very nice person, but our first impression about you has changed since we see you more as a troll and someone who has way too much time on their hands to just bash everything and not say anything that actually has some good meaning.
I feel like this needs to be quoted as the lack of OPs response to this post leads me to believe he never read it.

I know I can be a dick. Hence why he probably hasn't answered my question about what cars he has owned. Peti took a far more respectful approach than I could have.

But dont expect him to tell us what cars he enjoys any time soon. He has already stated in the TLX section he hasnt told us so that we "dont have a sliver of info to disregard his acura reviews with". Apparently he think sif we know what cars he drove before it will discredit his acura reviews.

Which, in itself, is a fallacy.

Last edited by usdmJON; 11-02-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow you are really pissed! You actually believe I care about your job in the military? I think it's fair to say you are really jealous because I obviously make more than you, drive a similar car that I hate and you worship. That's it, that's all!

On another note. What really goes on in the tent when the sun goes down? Seriously...
If you think you are "winning" you should know it's a very lonely winners circle you sit in. You gave your two cents. You hate your acuras. Now just trade them in and never post here again. It's the simple. The fact that you keep responding just proves youre a troll.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Meh, OP just feeds off of people getting pissed and makes fun of them. Probably all the fun he gets in his life is just online making fun of people. Doesn't bother me, though the personality is nasty. He probably does this cause he doesn't have any friends and the only place he can have his fun is behind a computer screen and a keyboard. The true loser is the OP that trolls everyone, and the guy who bought "POS" Japanese cars when he could have bought a car that he would actually enjoy. As usdmJON said, he's not the "winner" he's obviously the loser. After all, he has the "POS" Japanese cars he doesn't like, and a characteristic of a bully little boy in elementary school. LMFAO

I tried to be nice, I tried to be respectful and find out more about his views, but he completely ignored it and pointed out what he thinks is wrong about each and every one of us that showed any sort of anger.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Cruisin'

If you think you are "winning" you should know it's a very lonely winners circle you sit in. You gave your two cents. You hate your acuras. Now just trade them in and never post here again. It's the simple. The fact that you keep responding just proves youre a troll.

I am very serious when I say I don't know what a troll is. I have mentioned this before and people keep calling me that lol. You really believe that calling me some internet slang name bothers me. I don't speak Retard.

I have never been on an Internet forum before, but I have come across some really unique individuals like yourself that really amaze me.

Do you have a name for your car? Do you live alone? Or does anyone take care of you?

Quick Reply: 2016 ILX Loud