2015 ilx news?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 ilx news?

It's summer (well, almost), but there is no news about the 2015 ILX?

Acura released the 2015 RDX just last month, leaving only the ILX in questionable doubts.

The MDX and RLX, should remain the same given their recent facelift.

Has anyone heard of any news aside from the plant relocation? Or will we just have to wait for a 2016 upgrade?
Old 06-06-2014, 02:18 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only change that I can see is a new exterior color "NH797M" MODERN STEEL METALLIC. Everything else is the same for 2015.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:24 PM
10th Gear

Polished Metal Metallic (NH-737M) has been discontinued.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Thaaaats doooope.
Need to buy myself some PMM pens.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:58 PM
@ cur @

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There are suppose to be a some exterior redesigns and also a possible couple in the mist of all of this. I could imagine a 2dr 2.4l 6spd....
Old 06-07-2014, 01:43 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Hopefully the change in the Acura plant will improve the build quality of the ILX dramatically. The ILX is not bad perse, but let's just say when buying the ILX, I did not expect to have moments where I wished I got an Elantra or even CT200h (as bad as they look). Even their Civic has more available features.

I would assume that changing plants would be a good time to make changes - I would hope that Acura adds that blind spot camera thing to their car (on high optioned Civics & Accords), rear heated seats, LED tail lights. I don't see the LED tail lights coming, but the blind spot camera and heated rear seats could make it in possibly.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CTNYC
Hopefully the change in the Acura plant will improve the build quality of the ILX dramatically.
Nothing wrong with the ILX build quality... plenty wrong with the lemon car/ friday 5pm models they produced within this line up... but all models from every maker have lemon cars and poorly put together one off units. Im sorry you were given one.... did you write down the VIN of the car you test drove? Some dealers like to test drive new models and switch them for the oldest one once sold.

The ILX is not bad perse, but let's just say when buying the ILX, I did not expect to have moments where I wished I got an Elantra or even CT200h (as bad as they look).
Wow, I dont like hearing that. Sorry man!!
I however have not once wished I bought another car. I have missed my integra... and I have ONCE looked at a slammed CC and went "daaaamn". But aside from that Im in love with my ILX a year later. I wish you got a quality ILX so you could enjoy it as well.

I would hope that Acura adds that blind spot camera thing to their car (on high optioned Civics & Accords), rear heated seats, LED tail lights. I don't see the LED tail lights coming, but the blind spot camera and heated rear seats could make it in possibly.
Well the 2013 civic has no heated seats. The 2014 has front heated only. So its the same as the ILX had a year ago. LED tails, I give you that. But even the best Civic from 2014 doesnt have the muuuch better sound system the ILX tech had a year ago at 3 extra speakers and I believe 300watts.
It also doesnt have BiXenon HID headlights like the ILX had last year.

They could add blind spot monitoring, rear heated seats, and LED lighting but you will also increase the cost by like 2-4Grand and put it at the cost of a CLA or A3.

So win some lose some.
Id take a correctly put together Civic SI or EX-L over a lemon ILX but Id take an ILX over a civic any day. Accord its up in the air with comforts, total cost, etc but Id still pick my ILX.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
they probably won't change anything with the ILX until next year when they will probably do a mid model refresh.

They did absolutely nothing with the RDX between 2013 and 2015. While the RDX has a stronger engine it also has none of the available modern tech features that many luxury cars have (ie. LED running lights, blind spot, lane change, collision assist, ventilated seats, etc...). Plus if they make changes on the cheaper ILX then they risk lower sales on the all now TLX.

2016 will be the year for the ILX to get these features and a stronger engine.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:52 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Acura's hope that they have a price and value gap between the ILX and the all-new TLX is interesting. It runs contrary to their past strategy of having two similar sedans-- the TSX and TL-- priced closer to one another.
Given that the ILX sales are slow and are showing no signs of hype, it might be worthwhile to return to their former strategy. And they may already have, having announced that the ILX will be produced in the same place the TLX will be produced, starting in 2015 (the shift of manufacture production is not an easy task, hence the delay).
I personally am in the favor of such a scenario. As much as I like the ILX, I just do not think they have the guts to out-compete the A3, CLA, or even Verano at this point. In terms of the A3 and CLA, they are priced at the TSX range -- and slowly that's where the ILX price range must begin too if they are to emulate the sales of the TSX. Right now, the ILX, having been in the market for 2 years, at its current market audience, is failing. Intuitive thought suggests a change.
But who knows...maybe Honda is complacent with the ILX since they might have a higher profit margin? Or they may have a plan B altogether that i cannot devise.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I know for sure that there will be redesign/ changes to 2016 ILX, that tells me either they won't release 2015 model or they are just gonna do minor upgrades
Old 06-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Racer

it also may depend on the release date for the 2016 version. I remember a big SuperBowl hype commercial for the original ILX.

For the RDX they are gambling that the time gap between the all new Lincoln MKC (end of Summer 2014) and Lexus NX (late Fall 2014) and the refreshed RDX (likely March / April 2015) is not great enough to impact sales. The winter period is a slower car buying period.

If the 2016 ILX will be released in just say Feb or March of 2015 then they may just add a color for 2015 and put the 2015 model in showrooms sometime this summer for a shorter model year. This way they can make their upgrades based on what they know about the Audi A3, Mercedes CLA, Buick Verano, Lexus IS, along with the non-luxury top trim versions in the same space to come out with a great vehicle that can compete with a head start over the above mentioned vehicles making their minor updates for 2016.

They will need to add all the new tech bells and whistles along with a stronger engine version. For the hybrid they should look to add the Accord Hybrid engine.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Polished Metal Metallic is being discontinued? I'd imagine Modern Steel Metallic will be a similar color (dark slate gray)...

PMM was what I wanted, but it was the only color the dealer couldn't get at the time; I picked Crimson Garnet because I really don't like any of the other choices. CG is a nice color that everyone seems to like, but I think it looks much nicer in sunlight than in other lighting conditions.

What I'd really like to see for my next car, be it a 2016 ILX or TLX (assuming I re-up with Acura in 2 years), is a dark metallic green color option. I've always loved that, and had it on one of my Saturns (the '98 SL2).
Old 06-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by GrafZeppelin127
What I'd really like to see for my next car, be it a 2016 ILX or TLX (assuming I re-up with Acura in 2 years), is a dark metallic green color option. I've always loved that, and had it on one of my Saturns (the '98 SL2).
Like this?

The following users liked this post:
VckPtl (06-09-2014)
Old 06-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Suzuka Master

GrafZepplin... I too needed the PMM. My dealer didn't have any 2.4 PMMs. I test drove a black one and was about to jump on that until the sales guy showed me a great deal on a Tech pkg in the PMM I wanted. Turns out Acura was doing a huge promotion for their reps if they can sell techs so I can't complain at all.

In the end I was looking for a sportier step up than my Integra with a tad more luxury and ended up leaving with a car performance wise closer to my integra but FAR more lux at what I felt was a smashing deal/

Only color I would have grabbed aside from the PMM is the Amber Brownstone.

Looks almost exactly like PMM but a splash of brown. I love it.

Im definitely seeing the ILX more and more. I think its because used ones are hitting the market from people that frankly had more money to spend but opted for the ILX verse the TSX or TL. Any of my friends that get in my car tell me it is gorgeous inside and out.

I can't tell you how many times I roll my eyes when ladies say "Wow. Okay now I want an Acura. It's like a reliable Mercedes." That is literally what my friend Meghan told me... whom is a gold digger and loves her men driving BMWs and what not.

The other day I ran into my old co worker from my last job. We got promoted at the same time so we got close back then. Well her family is well off and she was always driving around a BMW 5 series her dad gave her. Sure it was old but still gorgeous and gave her a feeling of self worth.
When she saw my ILX she freaks because she was so close to buying one and felt they were perfect minus being a tad small.

Definitely a market out there. It's just slow coming.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Timmy18
Like this?
Darker. More of a forest green, like this:

Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Hematite green is gorgeous, so is Amber Brownstone.

Acura likes their Grey, Silver and Whites though.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Only color I would have grabbed aside from the PMM is the Amber Brownstone.
Not available on the 2.4. Dealer tried to steer me toward the 2.0/automatic but I said no; I had to have stick. I wanted the PMM badly but it wasn't worth waiting 2 months and paying more to order it from the factory. (Unfortunately, the Saturn's trunk was leaking badly every time it rained...) Like I said, the Crimson Garnet is nice but it was still just a tad disappointing that I couldn't get exactly what I wanted.

Speaking of the Saturn, I wanted the dark metallic green on that one too, but they discontinued it on the SC2 after the 2001 model year, replacing it with what I thought was a sickly-looking brownish-orange. I settled for the red. The only other colors were black, white, bright silver and bright gold, none of which I like. (There was also a "cranberry" color similar to CG that wasn't available until the mid-2002 MY.)
Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Racer

Nothing wrong with the ILX build quality... plenty wrong with the lemon car/ friday 5pm models they produced within this line up... but all models from every maker have lemon cars and poorly put together one off units. Im sorry you were given one.... did you write down the VIN of the car you test drove? Some dealers like to test drive new models and switch them for the oldest one once sold.
Not in my case - Test drove a gray one at a local CT dealership, intending to order a white on black from them, but they rudely told me I couldn't because I was not a serious buyer because of my age. Showed them my bank account balance, and then went on a test drive. Told the salesman thank you and that I loved the car and that I would be purchasing the vehicle elsewhere, then looked up Acura inventories online and purchased from a NJ dealership over the phone.

Their rudeness has cost them at least 6 new Acura sales since May 2013 from my family/friends.

Wow, I dont like hearing that. Sorry man!!
I however have not once wished I bought another car. I have missed my integra... and I have ONCE looked at a slammed CC and went "daaaamn". But aside from that Im in love with my ILX a year later. I wish you got a quality ILX so you could enjoy it as well.
I love my ILX Hybrid to death, but there are just quality problems that seem to be isolated to my car.

Well the 2013 civic has no heated seats. The 2014 has front heated only. So its the same as the ILX had a year ago. LED tails, I give you that. But even the best Civic from 2014 doesnt have the muuuch better sound system the ILX tech had a year ago at 3 extra speakers and I believe 300watts.
It also doesnt have BiXenon HID headlights like the ILX had last year.

They could add blind spot monitoring, rear heated seats, and LED lighting but you will also increase the cost by like 2-4Grand and put it at the cost of a CLA or A3.

So win some lose some.
Id take a correctly put together Civic SI or EX-L over a lemon ILX but Id take an ILX over a civic any day. Accord its up in the air with comforts, total cost, etc but Id still pick my ILX.
Yeah, I was referring to the 2014 Civic - very surprised with it when I got a ride in one as an Uber

---

As for potential 2015 ILX changes, the dealership I bought my ILX from might be a clue... They usually had around 80 or 90 ILX's brand new in stock, with the occasional dip down to 60 or 70. Right now they have 8 in stock. Now this can be because they aren't updating their website and whatnot, but my local acura dealer normally has 8 to 10 ILX's in stock, but as of now they only have 4.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:46 PM
10th Gear

I work for an Acura dealer in Dallas, we always only have about a dozen ILX's in stock. We have a total inventory of about 60 vehicles.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been investigating the 2014 ILX for the last couple of weeks. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 2.4 6spd ILX but now I stumbled on this website stating the 2015 is coming with a 3.5 in both sedan and coupe. It even has a pic saying 2015 ILX Coupe Type-S. Seems way too good to be true....

http://2015releasedateprices.com/2015-acura-ilx/
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by razingkane93
I've been investigating the 2014 ILX for the last couple of weeks. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 2.4 6spd ILX but now I stumbled on this website stating the 2015 is coming with a 3.5 in both sedan and coupe. It even has a pic saying 2015 ILX Coupe Type-S. Seems way too good to be true....

Highly doubtful IMO considering the TLX will have a 2.4 liter engine with 3.5 liter optional. Wouldn't make sense to put the optional engine for the TLX into the ILX. In addition, I would imagine it would be very hard to get a 3.5 liter engine in to what is essentially a Civic chassis. 2.4 liter, maybe, but personally would call off all bets on a 3.5 liter.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Suzuka Master

To clear things up... it is too good to be true.

First, that coupe rendering has been around since before the 2013 ILX actually hit the roads.

Second, as stated, we do know fact the TLX powerhouse so there is no way the ILX will be larger. 2.4 seems like a max at least for 2015... Id say even for future models as well since the TLX wont change for 2016 and they wont make an ILX faster than the TLX.

Third, Acura seems to be shying away from larger engines more and more. The turbo testing we see done is on 2.0s not even 2.4 and the smaller engine sinze in the TLX verse previous gen TL shows acura is confident in the smaller engine size.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
I've kicked all the cars on my list to the curb and I keep coming back to the ILX, so I can wait till August when information on new models start coming just in case there is a monumental shift in the Acura universe.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
The 2015 ILX production was slated to begin in July, but has been pulled forward to help fill the gap by the delayed TLX. Expect no changes for 2015, with significant changes planned for 2016. I'd also expect 2015 car to be a short model year, possibly only 6 months of production to allow for '16s to come online in March 2015.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colin:
4cruizn (06-11-2014), Timmy18 (06-11-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Suzuka Master

The 2016 is going to make me so jealous if it gets awd and stays at the same price.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Suzuka Master

The 2016 is going to make me so jealous if it gets awd and stays at the same price.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. The reasoning for this is that they have shown no desire to pair AWD with a 4 cylinder (1G RDX doesn't count).

No inside info but IMO, we should see ED engines (possibly Accord 2.4) with CVT. Hopefully, Jeweleyes make the cut. I would imagine that a 2015 introduction would allow the addition of Apple CarPlay and new headunits. Other improvements like memory seats and a power passenger seat could also be added with the extra HP offered by the 2.4.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Some acura rep said they were informed come 2016 all acura models will have an and version. That's the rumor.
The following users liked this post:
Timmy18 (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I agree with Colin, although Cory made that prediction, I find it hard to believe the ILX will have an AWD available...especially on a MMC, maybe with the FMC? Now I am also one to think that the 2.4 will come with the CVT as we were told the auto and 2.4 wouldn't fit under the hood....I am not sure I am a fan of owning a CVT on a premium brand. It will be interesting what they will come up with wheel design on this MMC....After the atrocities they have developed for the TLX, I am almost afraid to ask.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Racer

AWD is a big thing nowadays on all vehicles. In most of the modern vehicles AWD is really 2 wheel drive with a computer switching to AWD if it notices slippage for ice or no traction which helps keep the MPG ratings close to the 2WD versions.

I would not be surprised in 5-10 years of all vehicles come standard with AWD via this type of software with some of the off road truck type vehicles having a traditional 4x4.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:19 PM
9th Gear

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the 2014 last week. AWD might be nice but I sure like the $2000 or so savings of not having it..
Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Some acura rep said they were informed come 2016 all acura models will have an and version. That's the rumor.
I recall this. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. SH-AWD used to weigh ~300 lbs. The new version seems to be lighter, but adding ~200-250 lbs. to the ILX wouldn't be that helpful.

If the car goes slower with AWD, the internet loses it's everloving mind. If they choose a light duty AWD system (Realtime AWD vs. SH-AWD) to save weight, the internet loses it's everloving mind. If they raise the price to cover additional costs, the internet loses it's everloving mind. If they make it an option on certain trims, somebody doesn't get the combo they want and the internet loses it's everloving mind.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

I hoped for SH-AWD but because this particular Civic platform (Civic Sedan and not CR-V) may not support AWD at all so I don't see it happening unfortunately.

If more signature Acura technologies like LED headlights, the head unit, some driver assistance tech and what not doesn't trickle down then I'll go insane, likely sitting a lone laughing for no reason.

To me Acura is like that cost cutting grandma who still gets you old used books from her closet for holidays. Sad
Old 06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
For me the ILX's main flaw is refinement and NVH. Hopefully Acura implements its spray foam technique to the MMC ILX.
Engine mounts on the 2.0 is also too stiff that it reveals some engine jerkiness during throttle tip in and let off.
Basically driving the ILX doesn't "feel" enough like a luxury car.

CVT is the wrong way to go, but if the TLX's 8sp DCT doesn't fit then oh well better than the 5AT.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ipribadi
Engine mounts on the 2.0 is also too stiff that it reveals some engine jerkiness during throttle tip in and let off.
I agree with the symptom, but not your conclusion (not to say it's wrong). I've been of the opinion that this 'drivetrain lash' is caused by TOO soft an engine mount(s) not too hard!? LOL. Interesting.

I've viewed it as the factory trying to 'smooth' out the vibration and thus using soft mounts. This allows the engine to move more when its under torque loads. I've felt that stiffer mounts would reduce the effect with the tradeoff being more 'small' vibrations felt in the car.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
I've viewed it as the factory trying to 'smooth' out the vibration and thus using soft mounts. This allows the engine to move more when its under torque loads. I've felt that stiffer mounts would reduce the effect with the tradeoff being more 'small' vibrations felt in the car.
Hey I like your theory, that does make sense. But OTOH I can still feel the small vibration during idle too. So all in all I think the engine mounts are just not right between spring load, dampening and travel.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

ILX Type S would be sweeeeeeeet! I hope they make a coupe version also. I'd totally jump on that. Coupe, Type S, AWD = dream