(2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by ragde556
Damn bro Im gonna give it to you too, you have good writing skills. Now when you talk about taking curves at 30 or 40, or avoiding an accident, do you talk by experience or are you just repeating something you heard before? How can you even compare regular springs to adjustable coilovers? You just cant, I dont wanna sound cocky or anything but I thank God that im not in a position to worry about pennies or a couple of grand in 4-6 years that would take me to put 100,000 miles in my car, I also have goals and one of them is to jump to a better car within 4 years and just store this one. Always remember this, "Money doesnt make me. I make money" This is something that sould always be in your thoughts, dont be scared of spending money and prevent yourself from doing something you wanna do cause of money. Ill put it to you like this, if I wanted to be irresponsible i could go pick up the body kit tomorrow, do I have the money to do it? Yes i do, would it be smart? probably not. Yeah I mostly ride alone in this car, when I got heavy shit to load, or people to bring along I got this...........

You see that big ass truck? Now that eats gas like a motherfucker!!
The performance comparison is just an example - off the line a stock ILX is faster then your car now, there's a lot of other examples, but that's not what you care about. Most other ILX owners/ forum members,however, probably do.

High quality sport springs are easily comparable to low end coilovers - When you are only going for a 1 inch drop. Especially when you are talking about drop heights and dampening adjustability - none of which you seem to be using on your car. If you were, then I wouldn't say you got ripped on the coilovers. If you got race spec $2600 buddy club coilovers and you dropped 2-3 inches, or even slammed your car, i wouldn't be saying that at all either. Those are built to last, can be rebuilt easily, and you cant drop 3 inches on (quality) springs. D2 is still a very new brand.

Both Eibach and Swift Springs are often used in both Formula Drift and X games cars. I talked to a guy that makes custom coilovers. He can use the Swift springs I have in my car right now, and use them for custom built coilovers.

rallyracingsuspension.com - Springs

There's even race cars on the road right now, running on stock struts and race springs. Their stock struts are probably a lot better then an ILX's are, but still.

But basically, most people here want to pretend they have a 'fast car' or 'race car', if only for fun. Your car isn't like that, so they aren't feeling it. YOU may not care about the money, but most ILX owners do. In fact thats why there isn't even that many people tuning this car so far... And we may never get too much support behind it either. I contacted and talked to so many companies, they didnt give a shit about this car left and right, pretty sad actually. A lot of them STILL haven't heard of it.

I was looking at MRR HR3 wheels - They have them in 19x8.5, smallest they make that wheel. BUT - it really doesnt look as good as the HR3 in 9.5 or even 10.5, the concave face looks GREAT. But then that doesn't match what I want to do with the car.The wider the wheel, the more concave the face. The 8.5 is almost flat. Lame. So ill just keep looking at other wheels.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 03-23-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its different but I like it, not my style but I like it. Besides it could have been worse, you couldnt have put some big 20" chrome wheels that keep spinning even when the car has stopped moving.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by aomechmarine
The performance comparison is just an example - off the line a stock ILX is faster then your car now, there's a lot of other examples, but that's not what you care about. Most other ILX owners/ forum members,however, probably do.

High quality sport springs are easily comparable to low end coilovers - When you are only going for a 1 inch drop. Especially when you are talking about drop heights and dampening adjustability - none of which you seem to be using on your car. If you were, then I wouldn't say you got ripped on the coilovers. If you got race spec $2600 buddy club coilovers and you dropped 2-3 inches, or even slammed your car, i wouldn't be saying that at all either. Those are built to last, can be rebuilt easily, and you cant drop 3 inches on (quality) springs. D2 is still a very new brand.

Both Eibach and Swift Springs are often used in both Formula Drift and X games cars. I talked to a guy that makes custom coilovers. He can use the Swift springs I have in my car right now, and use them for custom built coilovers.

rallyracingsuspension.com - Springs

There's even race cars on the road right now, running on stock struts and race springs. Their stock struts are probably a lot better then an ILX's are, but still.

But basically, most people here want to pretend they have a 'fast car' or 'race car', if only for fun. Your car isn't like that, so they aren't feeling it. YOU may not care about the money, but most ILX owners do. In fact thats why there isn't even that many people tuning this car so far... And we may never get too much support behind it either. I contacted and talked to so many companies, they didnt give a shit about this car left and right, pretty sad actually. A lot of them STILL haven't heard of it.

I was looking at MRR HR3 wheels - They have them in 19x8.5, smallest they make that wheel. BUT - it really doesnt look as good as the HR3 in 9.5 or even 10.5, the concave face looks GREAT. But then that doesn't match what I want to do with the car.The wider the wheel, the more concave the face. The 8.5 is almost flat. Lame. So ill just keep looking at other wheels.
Ok aero you win! i got fucked! so final offer, rims and my coilovers for 1000. take it or leave it.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Picture above is an Acura Tl - i believe those are 9.5. this volkswagen is 19x8. They discontinued some sizes.Name:  944.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  85.0 KBI guess it doesnt look terrible either, but the concave effect looks a lot better the wider the wheel is.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Slade
Its different but I like it, not my style but I like it. Besides it could have been worse, you couldnt have put some big 20" chrome wheels that keep spinning even when the car has stopped moving.
hahaha true!! aero might go for that chrome, spinning shit? or nah? aero?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Racer

Picture above is an Acura Tl - i believe those are 9.5. this volkswagen is 19x8. They discontinued some sizes.I guess it doesnt look terrible either, but the concave effect looks a lot better the wider the wheel is.
bro that shit is wack as fuck! could probably get those at the flea market! you see? all about diff ideas, what you like i think is wack. But if it makes you happy then im happy hehehe good luck!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nah, fuck it, I think your car is good man, looks wise. If im beating a dead horse, its just that i believe you could saved some cash and used it on other parts of the car. But it's not my car, its your build style. For example, I'm sure many people think HR3 are ugly as hell, or that 19x8.5 is STILL too big. but if I do end up doing it, Im just gonna realize its not gonna be most people's style. ESPECIALLY, if I get the chrome faced ones. People around here seem to really hate chrome, i have to accept it. Its just not popular around here. LOL
Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 PM
Racer

Nah, fuck it, I think your car is good man, looks wise. If im beating a dead horse, its just that i believe you could saved some cash and used it on other parts of the car. But it's not my car, its your build style. For example, I'm sure many people think HR3 are ugly as hell, or that 19x8.5 is STILL too big. but if I do end up doing it, Im just gonna realize its not gonna be most people's style. ESPECIALLY, if I get the chrome faced ones. People around here seem to really hate chrome, i have to accept it. Its just not popular around here. LOL
Imma be real with you, I personally hate chrome!! im actually thinking of how to get the fucking chrome outline on the windows! like who the fuck invented chrome?? But bro whatever we talk here is with a good attitude and no hard feelings, at least from my part. If you like chrome fucking make your shit shine!!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

hahaha true!! aero might go for that chrome, spinning shit? or nah? aero?
My buddy had chrome spinners on a truck about... 10 years(?) ago... Believe it or not, he got a lot of money hungry bitches coming after him over those ugly ass wheels. He was young as hell, with a brand new truck, customized already, and his dad owned a body shop, so it was really hooked up. Whenever we would go out, a LOT of girls would ask about the wheels, and i'd be the designated driver a lot, they'd come up to me like "HEY NICE TRUCK!", thinking it was mine. So, yea, ugly but it worked
Old 03-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
lol this thread
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Jeff

chrome is nasty, I don't mind black chrome tho..you could prob get some sort of vinyl wrap applied to your chrome window trim if you aint feeling it, but then you'd have to do something with the grill also
Old 03-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Oh Sickest TL
lol this thread
Hahahaha hey its better for people to talk bad about it, than to not talk at all. Nice fucking smiley lol!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Imma be real with you, I personally hate chrome!! im actually thinking of how to get the fucking chrome outline on the windows! like who the fuck invented chrome?? But bro whatever we talk here is with a good attitude and no hard feelings, at least from my part. If you like chrome fucking make your shit shine!!
Well now im gonna remove alot of it because its starting to look like shit - a lot of chrome stuff is LOW QUALITY - which i never added that stuff to a car before, so i didnt know better... Not doing that again... Ill post pics later, it doesn't look good to me anymore, its starting to peel and just look ... damaged... although surprisingly, I still do get random compliments on it. I guess Im just picky on it. I hear tons of negativity towards the chrome on here tho, but in person, its almost the opposite. Although a few people did tell me they dont like chrome as well. Maybe like 5 vs i lost count compliments.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Racer

chrome is nasty, I don't mind black chrome tho..you could prob get some sort of vinyl wrap applied to your chrome window trim if you aint feeling it, but then you'd have to do something with the grill also
Fuck bro you just made me realize that the grill has a chrome outline! thanks!!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Racer

Well now im gonna remove alot of it because its starting to look like shit - a lot of chrome stuff is LOW QUALITY - which i never added that stuff to a car before, so i didnt know better... Not doing that again... Ill post pics later, it doesn't look good to me anymore, its starting to peel and just look ... damaged... although surprisingly, I still do get random compliments on it. I guess Im just picky on it. I hear tons of negativity towards the chrome on here tho, but in person, its almost the opposite. Although a few people did tell me they dont like chrome as well. Maybe like 5 vs i lost count compliments.
fuck i thought ur username was aeromachine, lol my bad!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Actually - you know whats funny? I bet you get a lot of compliments on your wheels in everyday life vs here.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Racer

Actually - you know whats funny? I bet you get a lot of compliments on your wheels in everyday life vs here.
I get a lot of likes on instagram!! hahahaha
Old 03-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Jeff

2013 Acura ILX Technology Package PLUS SPORT | used cars & trucks | City of Halifax | Kijiji

take a look at this guys grill , what do you think???
Old 03-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Racer

I think it got too black, and the brushed aluminum or silver doesnt bother me that much, plus i do have a lil machined aluminum on the face of my rims, but that chrome, fuck bro cars with chrome should come at a discount!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Jeff

Truuuuuuu (2 chainz voice) lol
Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

The blue on that guys wheels are totally out of place. Looks like he tried to do blacked out look... Not good or bad looking... But probably would have looked better if it was gloss black or satin black. It looks too dull.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Racer

that center console looks very diff to what i have, according to the dealer i have the premium package, premium package my ass i just have a back up camera.
-_- fml i just keep getting fucked!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Jeff

^^ not sure if they were made slightly diff in Canada or not? I know for 02-03 TL type s we had 700 blue and 700 black A-spec editions that were not avail to the US...I really don't know tho

But yea the blue on those wheels is just stupid
Old 03-25-2015, 05:33 AM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice.
The following users liked this post:
ragde556 (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
that center console looks very diff to what i have, according to the dealer i have the premium package, premium package my ass i just have a back up camera.
-_- fml i just keep getting fucked!
Lmao don't worry dude you didn't get fucked.
What you see pictured there is the tech display. The tech gets the upgraded display over the premium.
Your premium has a few features the base didn't have like fog lights for example. So I'm sure you got the premium like the dealer said.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CoquiTSX
Nice.
I really need to add the body kit, with the big wheels its a must, make it look bulkier to compensate wheels size. But thanks a lot!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

You and me both my friend. You want to see a de-chromed ILX - go to my build tread. All window trim is black vinyl wrapped, Grill is Plasti-Dipped and back ILX badge was removed. All I have is the chrome grill outline and the front and back acura symbols (I'll tell you though you want to keep the chrome outline and the front Acura emblem in chrome or at least something different than black, adds depth/contrast which you need a LITTLE bit.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Racer

That ASS :love:

Old 03-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Jeff

what it do mang
Old 03-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Racer

what it do mang
here promoting my vehicle! looking to start a war hahahaha
Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by OSUBeaver
You and me both my friend. You want to see a de-chromed ILX - go to my build tread. All window trim is black vinyl wrapped, Grill is Plasti-Dipped and back ILX badge was removed. All I have is the chrome grill outline and the front and back acura symbols (I'll tell you though you want to keep the chrome outline and the front Acura emblem in chrome or at least something different than black, adds depth/contrast which you need a LITTLE bit.
Bro imma be real with you, out of all the ilxs ive seen seen yours has to be the nicest one, after seeing yours i kinda felt a lil regret not taking the white one they had, I would have copied you 100% hahaha, I still love my shit but urs is top dawg
Old 03-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Jeff

love the shots with the graffiti, very cool
Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Racer

love the shots with the graffiti, very cool
you should take your whip out and do a lil shoot in the snow! lol. But it would be very cool
Old 03-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Bro imma be real with you, out of all the ilxs ive seen seen yours has to be the nicest one, after seeing yours i kinda felt a lil regret not taking the white one they had, I would have copied you 100% hahaha, I still love my shit but urs is top dawg

Haha I appreciate the kind words. Like I said before - the 20's with the fat rear look isn't too shabby either no matter what the haters say.

The 1 thing I wish I could do is put a full body kit on her. Can't get into my garage with ANY sort of front lip though so i'm fucked.

One thing I am going to do is get the fenders professionally rolled so I can stick on some wider wheels here soon. Want to go 9.5" wide front and rear. Plus I'm tired of the rubbing - I'm happy with the super-flush look but that's what happens when you go flush and lowered - almost guaranteed to rub sometimes
Old 03-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by OSUBeaver
Haha I appreciate the kind words. Like I said before - the 20's with the fat rear look isn't too shabby either no matter what the haters say.

The 1 thing I wish I could do is put a full body kit on her. Can't get into my garage with ANY sort of front lip though so i'm fucked.

One thing I am going to do is get the fenders professionally rolled so I can stick on some wider wheels here soon. Want to go 9.5" wide front and rear. Plus I'm tired of the rubbing - I'm happy with the super-flush look but that's what happens when you go flush and lowered - almost guaranteed to rub sometimes
Its a lifestyle!! hahaha
Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
fuck you flipster23
Old 03-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
fuck you flipster23
I told your ass.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23
I told your ass.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Racer

Majofo & flipster what is this about? hahaha just a random ass fuck you! LOL
Old 03-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
^Yes

Quick Reply: (2015) 2.4 Acura ILX on 20" rims lowered with D2 coilovers!!