9th gen Civic wing spoiler on ILX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 04:45 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9th gen Civic wing spoiler on ILX?

Is it going to look too out of place to have a 9th gen Si or FD2 wing on an ilx? Assuming drilling is okay.. Which I'm not yet, maybe pictures will change my mind.

I'd imagine someone's tried it but searching shows me nothing.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Someone may have tried it but if they posted it here they'd probably get laughed at.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:27 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Someone may have tried it but if they posted it here they'd probably get laughed at.
CSX looks fine with a wing, ILX might not be too bad... Just guessing
Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts

it only gets laughed at if it's super horrible and ugly.
if, however, it flows with the rest of the car, might not be a bad option. throw up a pic, jon!
Old 10-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 205 Likes on 173 Posts
From what I've seen, no matter what mod you do to an ILX, you get laughed at. I'm working on exhaust and I'm sure some hater will badmouth it.
Preparing for duals thru the bumper inserts
Old 11-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
If you like the look of the spoiler line it up before the install and take a look at it. Honestly who cares if people here on the forums do not like it. There are haters everywhere! As long as you like it, do it! I guarantee not everyone likes what I have done to my car, but I don't care cuz I'm the one driving my car not them. The forums are great for ideas and tips for how to's!

If you do, don't be afraid to post it. Who knows you might be the one that causes a few others to try it???
The following users liked this post:
davidlstewart (04-03-2018)
Old 11-07-2017, 01:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Vezzy
CSX looks fine with a wing, ILX might not be too bad... Just guessing
CSX looks fine with the spoiler that was made for it. The CSX is literally identical to the 8th gen honda it is based on. The spoiler would fit identically on both cars.

Any wing other than OEM in my opinion is going to look extremely rice.

Originally Posted by justnspace
it only gets laughed at if it's super horrible and ugly.
if, however, it flows with the rest of the car, might not be a bad option. throw up a pic, jon!
I would laugh at a lot of parts taken from an older gen or from a sister company and made to fir where it doesnt belong.
Sure some stuff could look good. Spoiler probably isnt one of those things. Imagine if someone took an WRX STI and slapped that spoiler onto a BRZ

For me the ILX has 3 options, no spoiler, OEM spoiler, or a subtle duckbill that when done right can look good on anything. But an OEM spoiler from a Honda? Cant see that being anything more than a waste of time and money.

Originally Posted by DaIll1
From what I've seen, no matter what mod you do to an ILX, you get laughed at. I'm working on exhaust and I'm sure some hater will badmouth it.
Preparing for duals thru the bumper inserts
I guess it matters who you talk to. A few people here probably laughed at every mod I threw at my ILX.

As for exhaust, we all have our own taste. Id at some point do exactly what you are if I planned to keep mine. Well maybe not exactly I havent a clue what your plans are. But aftermarket exhaust is always a good idea. For me, things to stay away from are single walled tips, 3in tips, blue burnt tips, and anything that makes the ILX much louder than what it already is. If you make more power than louder is fine. But for me an ILX should remain a luxury car and that means its only loud when stepped on.
justnspace (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 06:35 AM

that's why I never understood modding for anyone else.
mods are personal and I hand picked everyone of my mods, so if someone doesn't like it, well fuuuuuccck them.

modding for others also gets expensive, keeping up with the latest trends and such.
DaIll1 (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

As for exhaust, we all have our own taste. Id at some point do exactly what you are if I planned to keep mine. Well maybe not exactly I havent a clue what your plans are. But aftermarket exhaust is always a good idea. For me, things to stay away from are single walled tips, 3in tips, blue burnt tips, and anything that makes the ILX much louder than what it already is. If you make more power than louder is fine. But for me an ILX should remain a luxury car and that means its only loud when stepped on.
The plan is to make it quieter and louder, but with the European flavor sound. I am putting an X-Force Varex muffler where the stock resonator is. Doing the tailpipes first then mid pipe and add muffler/resonator in the tunnel if needed for the hush (probably Moroso Spiral Flow).
Old 11-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chrifff
If you do, don't be afraid to post it. Who knows you might be the one that causes a few others to try it???
No 'if' now, this pile says I'm committed

justnspace (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Good luck and watch the heat with that MIG!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by justnspace
Good luck and watch the heat with that MIG!
Thank you. Will only tack under car and weld on bench, I hate car fires.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DaIll1
The plan is to make it quieter and louder, but with the European flavor sound. I am putting an X-Force Varex muffler where the stock resonator is. Doing the tailpipes first then mid pipe and add muffler/resonator in the tunnel if needed for the hush (probably Moroso Spiral Flow).

I have no clue on any of the companies mentioned. Being that I learned most of my modding interests on my 1994 Integra it was considered crazy... and cheap, to do an exhaust too custom. It was all about that Mugen twinloop or Spoon N1. Those youd have to find used and you'll still pay twice what a custom exhaust would run ya.

I miss those days. lol Some people call those hondas cookie cutter but damn IMO you couldnt go wrong with one.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Burning Brakes

The
isn't cheap, it has 2 internal flow paths with an electric valve switching between them. I'm going for the deep burble sound of the exotic Europeans. The
spiral flow takes the sharpness out of the tone better than a resonator.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Neither video is my cup for tea... not for an ILX anyway. Keep doing you. I'll try not to weigh in.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Neither video is my cup for tea... not for an ILX anyway. Keep doing you. I'll try not to weigh in.
No issues. Although I love the sound of the El, the ILX could/should never sound anything near that. It's the stacked technology you need to use to tune the sound. Reversion, inversion, refraction, and absorption, when blended correctly is a sweet drink for the ear. I learned oxy/acet welding by building an exhaust in high school, in the '60's. This is my first attempt at "Luxury" so I'm aiming at the Euro Exotic sound, with only 4. and no, I'm not talking Mini.