2013 ILX 2.4M - Tire Recommendations? - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

2013 ILX 2.4M - Tire Recommendations?

Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

2013 ILX 2.4M - Tire Recommendations?

Hello. My 2013 ILX is at about 45K miles and I'm going to need new tires soon. Dealer wants to replace with OEM model (Michelin Pilot MXM4) but I would like to explore other options as Pilots seem to be the most-expensive and least-liked tire on TireRack.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
GrafZeppelin127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Registered Member

My 2010 TSX also had Michelin MXM4 from the factory, which I replaced with Continental Extreme Contact DWS. IMO, the Contis improved ride, handling, and steering feel relative to the Michelins, and I've been very happy with them. (I also loved them on my previous car, a 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero.)
Nedmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

My dealer wanted to replace the Michelin Pilot MXM4s on my ILX... at a cost of [email protected]#[email protected]@!# I feel like the service writers don't see the word "Acura" on their dealership, they see "Bentley" or "Aston Martin" instead :

So I'm on a bit of a budget. I needed to weigh performance, good ratings and affordability. I opted for the Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 215/45R17 from Tire Rack. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...toModClar=2.4L

Pros:
  • The price was very affordable.
  • Tire Rack now has a local warehouse where I live (Minneapolis) where I was able to pick them up and save on the freight charges
  • They are rated 7/27 in Tire Rack's ratings for Ultra-High Performance All-Season.
Cons:
  • Not a set of Continentals (also had those... on a Saab that I also owned too!). But for the price? Quite good! And they aren't some brand of Chinese tires I've never heard of.
Still being weighed:
  • I didn't really get to try them in the snow. Bought them in February and I don't remember it really snowing for me to try out.
acidradio is offline   Reply With Quote