'16 ILX in the wild

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
I may be in the minority, but for the most part I dislike the cosmetic changes. I feel like the front is too pointed, and from the side view the grill is flat. I have never been fond of the rear bumper, but I do not like the addition of the black plastic any better. The thing that really gets me is both sets of rims. The older 17" rims are much better looking imo. Two things I do like are the new led headlights and taillights. They're a great addition.

Overall though, just from looking at pictures mind you, I'm not sure I see where the comments about a more upscale look are coming from. Can someone fill me in on the styling cues that show that, bc I'm just not seeing it. My reasoning is that more black plastic, the Honda-esque rims and the longer nose make it look more civic/Honda than ever. Perhaps in person none of this renders true.
The following users liked this post:
usdmJON (02-12-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd have to agree with you. I detest the new wheels, they scream Honda at me no matter how I look at them. Not that I'm against Honda, it just looks real tacky the way it's designed. The bump vents where the fog lights are look like jet engine vents no matter how I see it, similar to the new 3/4 series. Engine wise, the 2016 is amazing from the reviews as well as the DCT. If only the used the 2015 body with the 2016 internals... one could only wish

With that said, I'm highly considering trading in my Honda S2000 for an ILX.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Both stock wheel trims are hideous. One looks like a Honda (although the Civic Si wheels are nicer) and the other looks like a cheap hubcap bought at Auto Zone. The 18" Diamond-Cut alloys are nice, but they're a $1,700 option and only available with A-Spec.

Yeesh. This will be a deal-breaker for me when my lease is up, especially if they don't bring back the manual. Let's hope they get this fixed for 2017.
aomechmarine (02-12-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyers257
I may be in the minority, but for the most part I dislike the cosmetic changes. I feel like the front is too pointed, and from the side view the grill is flat. I have never been fond of the rear bumper, but I do not like the addition of the black plastic any better. The thing that really gets me is both sets of rims. The older 17" rims are much better looking imo. Two things I do like are the new led headlights and taillights. They're a great addition.

Overall though, just from looking at pictures mind you, I'm not sure I see where the comments about a more upscale look are coming from. Can someone fill me in on the styling cues that show that, bc I'm just not seeing it. My reasoning is that more black plastic, the Honda-esque rims and the longer nose make it look more civic/Honda than ever. Perhaps in person none of this renders true.
I agree with every comment made here 110%
I like the 5 spoke wheels better from the 1st gen. I like the "beak" grill everyone hates. I believe acura called it a shield once on the RDX and I like that.
I think the front bumper looks gross on this new ILX and the plastic pieces in the rear look cheaper than the first gen bumper IMO.

Only thing I truly like are the LED heads and tails.
And of course the interior changes with the new touch screen and the extra horsepower.

If I could choose an interior and exterior it would be 1st gen looks with 2nd gen interior and performance.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
lol at 1st gen owners hating the look of the new ilx. ive seen and driven an aspec tech in graphite. the car looks and drives amazing.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nexx
lol at 1st gen owners hating the look of the new ilx. ive seen and driven an aspec tech in graphite. the car looks and drives amazing.
Not that funny. Look at the reaction of any 3g owner to the 4g. Or look at some 9th gen civic owners with their refresh.
Pretty common for owners of a previous gen to not like a new face lift.
I love parts and hate parts. I feel some things were improved upon and others were fixed we they weren't broken.
All I wanted from a 2nd Gen ilx are jewel eyes and updated interior. I never asked them to change the bumpers.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Personally I am fine with the changes because it makes me love my 2013 even more. I wish I had the new dash but I feel my ilx looks better than the refresh. Though I wouldn't want the refresh any different as it makes me loves my ilx more.
First year ilx, now a discontinued color, still love it. Only thing I wish I had was the dynamic which wasn't available in the states.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

I agree jon, I think the shield grille on the first-half gen ilx is one of the best implementations of it, along with the rdx.

I am not a big fan of the way that touch screen looks though, but I'm sure it's plenty functional. For the most part I have no issue with the dial on the nav with the existing setup (Which technically I guess is still there). I am curious what the new dash looks like without tech package.

The only must-have improvements I wished for were more power and quieter ride, and both were addressed (along with suspension) so even with the ugly rims the new car should sell well.

gen 2 (2018) for summer 2017 you think?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

All I see is Civic Si front and rear bumpers slapped onto the ILX. Same people loving the ILX will balk at the Si. So, they dismiss the likeness.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Racer

http://mycarnews.net/wp-content/uplo...-MyCarNews.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...pVaFR9vG1D9bFB
Old 02-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Intermediate

Lol they're exactly the same. That's the stuff that drives me nuts. is it really that complicated to draw up an original bumper design? I thought Acura's design team was separate from Honda, but you would never know it

Last edited by Flyers257; 02-12-2015 at 09:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flyers257:
aomechmarine (02-12-2015), silverTL6 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Racer

Lol they're exactly the same
But one has the Jewel HIDs!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by le^2
i'd have to agree with you. I detest the new wheels, they scream honda at me no matter how i look at them. Not that i'm against honda, it just looks real tacky the way it's designed. The bump vents where the fog lights are look like jet engine vents no matter how i see it, similar to the new 3/4 series. Engine wise, the 2016 is amazing from the reviews as well as the dct. If only the used the 2015 body with the 2016 internals... One could only wish

with that said, i'm highly considering trading in my honda s2000 for an ilx.
nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Lol they're exactly the same. That's the stuff that drives me nuts. is it really that complicated to draw up an original bumper design? I thought Acura's design team was separate from Honda, but you would never know it
Here are some better pictures:

They are similar but they are executed much differently IMO. It's the same three chords but they are in a different order and have a different melody running through them.

And here's the old ILX for comparison. The design comes from the ILX really if you look at the old ILX:

The bones of the design started with the ILX and they've just made it sharper with more detailing with the new ILX - which is fairly typical for MMCs and especially this MMC where the theme was make it look more upscale.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by iutodd
Here are some better pictures:

They are similar but they are executed much differently IMO. It's the same three chords but they are in a different order and have a different melody running through them.

And here's the old ILX for comparison. The design comes from the ILX really if you look at the old ILX:

The bones of the design started with the ILX and they've just made it sharper with more detailing with the new ILX - which is fairly typical for MMCs and especially this MMC where the theme was make it look more upscale.
Acura Boss: I want you to redesign the new ILX bumper to be more aggressive but you can only use the spare part bin.

Design Team: Since it is an upscale Civic Si now let's add Si Bumper.

Acura Boss: Bravo!
aomechmarine (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Pretty much ^
Old 02-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexx
I have to agree with usdmjon the front is to pointy and with those civic fog cutouts looks really cheap as if that wasn't enough they added it to the rear bumpers too, should have left the bumpers alone and just added the jewel headlamps and LED TURN INDICATORS ON THE MIRRORS.
aomechmarine (02-14-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aomechmarine
Wow - really? That's how you shop for cars?

I'm not trying to hate too much... but WOW.

I will agree that gold-digger type chicks come a plenty when you have a car that says "More money then the next guy".
Didn't even notice you replied until I was following your debate with other members in this thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...-925970/page2/

Don't really know how to respond to this. In my opinion yes if I'm buying a luxury car I would like it to show that I make more money then you. Why spend the money on a first gen Acura ILX when a simple Hyundai Elantra looks similar if not better? Also if you disagree, why did you bother putting all that chrome on your ILX? Chrome = Luxury which mean $$$ right?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:41 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
Toronto car show, this week. If the bezel around the lower screen looks fugly to you, up close and personal looks twice as fugly. Replace fugly with disproportional angles, if you wish. Messes up a truly gorgeous overall car.

panamera125 (02-18-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeee. Making me love my 2013 more.
Do wish I had the black roof liner but that new home link unit looks as fugly as the way they set up the touch screen and the memory seat buttons on the door.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Well it's entry level luxury. So it shouldn't say I make more than you but more like I could be making more than you but there are a couple people that need to quit first.
It's more telling people that you want them to think you make more money than them, but you really don't, because, if you did, you wouldn't be buying an ILX (or any Acura) anyway.

That's why Acura is "smart" luxury- wannabe luxury for those who really can't afford luxury, but are too pretentious to be caught in a more pedestrian Honda.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Slade
Didn't even notice you replied until I was following your debate with other members in this thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...-925970/page2/

Don't really know how to respond to this. In my opinion yes if I'm buying a luxury car I would like it to show that I make more money then you. Why spend the money on a first gen Acura ILX when a simple Hyundai Elantra looks similar if not better? Also if you disagree, why did you bother putting all that chrome on your ILX? Chrome = Luxury which mean $$$ right?
Well for one - you can see that the guy choose to purposely omit what i truly wrote, to try to totally twist what I said. Which i returned the favor.

What I meant to say is that it seems like a bad reason if its the ONLY reason. That's what it seemed like you were saying. Seems like you're kinda sticking with that too... Which if you were, I'd say that's not too logical. BUT, TRUE, I actually agree with you in a way. But if you really ONLY think that way, then you should have gone with a used IS250 - Lexus is just higher up on the food chain then the ILX.

In the other thread someone tried to bring up Accord vs TLX and I agreed that Accord is nice, but TLX WILL bring in more gold-diggers. Anyone who denies this, is just being unrealistic. That's literally what gold-diggers do. Chase "perceived" money. You'd see I said that yes, gold-diggers go off of badges and labels that they consider "more money then the next guy", so if this is a factor in your car purchasing process I can't hate on that. Any young guy who dates a lot probably doesn't mind having a car that helps his game. "HELPS" only - because if you are a weird anti-social creep, it's not gonna work miracles either.

I almost bought a Civic SI. So I'm not sold purely on badge either. Which basically, I was simply asking if that was your only real determining factor.., because then that seems like a bad choice. The ILX is very similar to SI, but I got one for much cheaper then any comparable SI's. Yet essentially, to me, it is an SI, but nicer. And it gets me more attention from girls then the SI. Again, if this was what you meant - then we see eye to eye. When people are like "HAHA YOU GOT A CIVIC!" Im just like - what's wrong with Civic?

Also, I'm applying for Sheriff's deputy/ government jobs as I kinda work my way out of the Marines. The boy racer look is fun, but people are looking to disqualify applicants, not qualify, because they get a couple thousand applicants per opening. I look more mature (again, to these type of jobs) in my "secret SI" then if I was slammed with some cambered out wheels, bodykit and huge racing wing. Most of my mods are semi-stealthy.

Funny you mention the Elantra, my mom said the same thing. Eh, some cars definitely look similar. What are you gonna do. For sure I'd rather have my ILX then an Elantra.

I added chrome because I think it looks nice, but actually the door lining was more for door protection - but the stuff is shitty, it was a bad choice. I will replace that after a detail with clear 3M door liner.

I hate how the stock b pillar looks. Certain looks on b pillars compliment VIP styling, which is one of the themes in my car's build. It was not necessarily to make it look more money, BUT, it probably didn't hurt. Gold-diggers definitely notice the bling.

I also like monochromatic looks. I may change it to gloss black b pillars, or maybe even black carbon.. i dunno, i need to see what actually looks nice IN PERSON. Or back to the original chrome ones I bought, which were removed to test fit the only visors that are being made for the ILX so far. But I'll have to modify them somehow to fit with the visors... Right now it has wrap on the pillars, and I'm not satisfied with the look. The original real metal pillars were mirror shine/finish, super nice. The other b pillar materials I've seen so far were BAD quality. I've gone through 3 sets.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hddnav
It's more telling people that you want them to think you make more money than them, but you really don't, because, if you did, you wouldn't be buying an ILX (or any Acura) anyway.

That's why Acura is "smart" luxury- wannabe luxury for those who really can't afford luxury, but are too pretentious to be caught in a more pedestrian Honda.
Lmao damn negative Nancy. Why you being such a Debbie downer?

I like the way I said it better. There is being Dick and being Frank and frankly you're being Dick right now.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
some pics from vtec.net

The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums > ILX > > Re: Saw a 2016 ILX tonight

The following 3 users liked this post by randomRon82:
benjaminh (02-19-2015), panamera125 (02-19-2015), silverTL6 (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 02:23 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Originally Posted by panamera125
^I don't know what it is, but the ILX just works for me. Really really like the look of it (15 or 16)

Are the new headlights wider, or is it the grille? Looks like the grille to me, but it's hard to tell
The grille is wider. You can tell by comparing the grille to the hood lines on both cars.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Well for one - you can see that the guy choose to purposely omit what i truly wrote, to try to totally twist what I said. Which i returned the favor.

What I meant to say is that it seems like a bad reason if its the ONLY reason. That's what it seemed like you were saying. Seems like you're kinda sticking with that too... Which if you were, I'd say that's not too logical. BUT, TRUE, I actually agree with you in a way. But if you really ONLY think that way, then you should have gone with a used IS250 - Lexus is just higher up on the food chain then the ILX.

In the other thread someone tried to bring up Accord vs TLX and I agreed that Accord is nice, but TLX WILL bring in more gold-diggers. Anyone who denies this, is just being unrealistic. That's literally what gold-diggers do. Chase "perceived" money. You'd see I said that yes, gold-diggers go off of badges and labels that they consider "more money then the next guy", so if this is a factor in your car purchasing process I can't hate on that. Any young guy who dates a lot probably doesn't mind having a car that helps his game. "HELPS" only - because if you are a weird anti-social creep, it's not gonna work miracles either.

I almost bought a Civic SI. So I'm not sold purely on badge either. Which basically, I was simply asking if that was your only real determining factor.., because then that seems like a bad choice. The ILX is very similar to SI, but I got one for much cheaper then any comparable SI's. Yet essentially, to me, it is an SI, but nicer. And it gets me more attention from girls then the SI. Again, if this was what you meant - then we see eye to eye. When people are like "HAHA YOU GOT A CIVIC!" Im just like - what's wrong with Civic?

Also, I'm applying for Sheriff's deputy/ government jobs as I kinda work my way out of the Marines. The boy racer look is fun, but people are looking to disqualify applicants, not qualify, because they get a couple thousand applicants per opening. I look more mature (again, to these type of jobs) in my "secret SI" then if I was slammed with some cambered out wheels, bodykit and huge racing wing. Most of my mods are semi-stealthy.

Funny you mention the Elantra, my mom said the same thing. Eh, some cars definitely look similar. What are you gonna do. For sure I'd rather have my ILX then an Elantra.

I added chrome because I think it looks nice, but actually the door lining was more for door protection - but the stuff is shitty, it was a bad choice. I will replace that after a detail with clear 3M door liner.

I hate how the stock b pillar looks. Certain looks on b pillars compliment VIP styling, which is one of the themes in my car's build. It was not necessarily to make it look more money, BUT, it probably didn't hurt. Gold-diggers definitely notice the bling.

I also like monochromatic looks. I may change it to gloss black b pillars, or maybe even black carbon.. i dunno, i need to see what actually looks nice IN PERSON. Or back to the original chrome ones I bought, which were removed to test fit the only visors that are being made for the ILX so far. But I'll have to modify them somehow to fit with the visors... Right now it has wrap on the pillars, and I'm not satisfied with the look. The original real metal pillars were mirror shine/finish, super nice. The other b pillar materials I've seen so far were BAD quality. I've gone through 3 sets.

All I'm saying is in my opinion, if I am in the market for a LUXURY car, yes it needs to say I make more money then you. The 1st gen ILX did not say that at all I mean even Hyundai comes with projector headlights now. If I saw a driver with a 1st gen ILX and another with the latest Corolla I honestly wouldn't think the ILX was richer. Compare that to how you feel with someone driving a 5 series BMW and another driving an Altima. You know who probably makes more money. Yeah the ILX is entry level, so lets keep it in that category. Compare an A3 driver to someone driving a Sentra. The 1st gen didn't give that "Luxury", or as you guys would say "Near luxury" aura. I feel that this refresh finally does.

Last edited by Slade; 02-19-2015 at 05:52 PM. Reason: I was mean.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

All I'm saying is in my opinion, if I am in the market for a LUXURY car, yes it needs to say I make more money then you. The 1st gen ILX did not say that at all I mean even Hyundai comes with projector headlights now. If I saw a driver with a 1st gen ILX and another with the latest Corolla I honestly wouldn't think the ILX was richer. Compare that to how you feel with someone driving a 5 series BMW and another driving an Altima. You know who probably makes more money. Yeah the ILX is entry level, so lets keep it in that category. Compare an A3 driver to someone driving a Sentra. The 1st gen didn't give that "Luxury", or as you guys would say "Near luxury" aura. I feel that this refresh finally does.
Although you're being a little antagonistic, LOL. I'm a logical guy, and your points are somewhat valid. I still think if you wanna look "more money" as a main point - Id say you're way better off with a used IS250, or yea, a used 3 series BMW. Sentra and Audi A3 are no where near the same price points tho. Much less an Altima and a 5 series Beamer.- but a used 3 series or IS250 is in the same range as a new ILX. I agree the ILX looks more luxury now -ONLY from the awesome jewel eyes tho. The air dams in the front and rear are way too close to civic and ugly IMO.

Seriously - if thats what you want, get a used is250, BMW 3 series or maybe even an Infiniti g35. the ILX is still gonna be referred to as a "Civic" by the haters. I know some people "have to keep up with the jones's" as a legitimate work thing too. Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Suzuka Master

I can only laugh at that Corolla comparison. It's easy to talk bad about a car you clearly know nothing about.

The manual 2015 Corolla is slower than the automatic ILX... 150hp verse 132hp. The automatic Corolla is oddly quicker at 140hp. Still shy of just the auto ILX. The 2.4 doesnt even need mentioning here.

ILX gets the backup cam in every model. You'll need to upgrade to the LE to get that camera in your Corolla. You wont be getting 16in alloys until the LE Plus. 16 Alloys are available on the base ILX. Anything else gets the 17in alloys.

You wont be getting power adjustable DRIVER seats or heated seats until the LE Premium. These are standard on the ILX.

The 2015 Corolla doesnt even have the option to be as quick as the ILX nor any of the nicer features we see in the tech package. Does the Corolla even have a GPS option? Im sure the stereo is trash and doubt any Corollas have the option for leather seats.

Now lets check out how they look...
2013 ILX with accessories

2015 Corolla S Premium with accessories

That comparison is straight up laughable. If you saw both cars pull up to a light and you couldnt tell me which one is $29,000 verse 22,000 then I'd call you dense as hell.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usdmJON
I can only laugh at that Corolla comparison. It's easy to talk bad about a car you clearly know nothing about.

The manual 2015 Corolla is slower than the automatic ILX... 150hp verse 132hp. The automatic Corolla is oddly quicker at 140hp. Still shy of just the auto ILX. The 2.4 doesnt even need mentioning here.

ILX gets the backup cam in every model. You'll need to upgrade to the LE to get that camera in your Corolla. You wont be getting 16in alloys until the LE Plus. 16 Alloys are available on the base ILX. Anything else gets the 17in alloys.

You wont be getting power adjustable DRIVER seats or heated seats until the LE Premium. These are standard on the ILX.

The 2015 Corolla doesnt even have the option to be as quick as the ILX nor any of the nicer features we see in the tech package. Does the Corolla even have a GPS option? Im sure the stereo is trash and doubt any Corollas have the option for leather seats.

Now lets check out how they look...
2013 ILX with accessories

2015 Corolla S Premium with accessories

That comparison is straight up laughable. If you saw both cars pull up to a light and you couldnt tell me which one is $29,000 verse 22,000 then I'd call you dense as hell.
Alright, calm down. I understand you are an ILX owner but I didn't mean to offend you don't be so sensitive. I'm not talking bad about the ILX relax, I mean I follow your build thread for a reason. You're getting into specifics about what the corolla doesn't have compared to the ILX. We are enthusiasts the regular person is not. From a cosmetic standpoint the 1st Gen ILX looks in the same league as that Corolla, which is not what I want if I bought one. I think the 1st ILX to be considered an entry level luxury car is laughable. This refresh rectified that problem tremendously. That is my opinion and yours is the opposite which is fine, but please don't be so emotional about it. You're acting as if I keyed your car.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 PM
Intermediate

Although you're being a little antagonistic, LOL. I'm a logical guy, and your points are somewhat valid. I still think if you wanna look "more money" as a main point - Id say you're way better off with a used IS250, or yea, a used 3 series BMW. Sentra and Audi A3 are no where near the same price points tho. Much less an Altima and a 5 series Beamer.- but a used 3 series or IS250 is in the same range as a new ILX. I agree the ILX looks more luxury now -ONLY from the awesome jewel eyes tho. The air dams in the front and rear are way too close to civic and ugly IMO.

Seriously - if thats what you want, get a used is250, BMW 3 series or maybe even an Infiniti g35. the ILX is still gonna be referred to as a "Civic" by the haters. I know some people "have to keep up with the jones's" as a legitimate work thing too. Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money.
Well thats what I mean, you understand what I'm saying but at the same time you don't. Yes the sentra/a3, 5 series/altima have different price points and you can see it by looking at them. However the ILX compared to the others in its category isnt that noticeable, you can't see the difference. Also thank you for not getting so emotional unlike other people.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:47 PM
2016 Acura TLX

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts
Completely understand what you're saying. In my opinion, the ILX pre-facelift and even somewhat facelifted doesn't say luxury. The whole purpose of buying a luxury brand is to have a car that makes a statement. In this case the ILX looks no more special than a loaded Elantra or the new Corolla. Take a look at the A3, CLA, and 2-series. They all are about the same size and start out at low 30k range, but also manage to look the part.

The ILX may have all the features that define luxury and may even drive the part, not saying it's a bad car, but that is not enough in this segment.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well thats what I mean, you understand what I'm saying but at the same time you don't. Yes the sentra/a3, 5 series/altima have different price points and you can see it by looking at them. However the ILX compared to the others in its category isnt that noticeable, you can't see the difference. Also thank you for not getting so emotional unlike other people.
Yea but ILX is basically in its own category. Other people that actually drove my car said things like "WOW" or "WHOA". However my car is modded, so that's not entirely fair either.

But even from the outside I've had people think all the time that its the "new" TSX or even TLX. I swear one time this window tint guy thought it was an RLX - I was like what? This other guy was getting his RLX windows tinted at the same time. The body style is very similar, same color, the guy actually had to look twice and then he was like "Oh yea, yours is smaller huh?" So I really don't agree with the fact that it doesn't look luxury. Does it look high end? Nah but I really do get comparisons to Lexus and infiniti, which is already good enough for me. This car is way cheaper, yet still gets compared? WIN

I honestly consider it comparable to cars like the highest trim Civics and Accords, and people on here are ALWAYS cross- shopping TLX and ILX, so it does not fit in to most categories to me. I'd say it's kind of a niche actually.

So, lets say you want a step-up/nicer then Civic or Accord, but you don't wanna go break the bank and go full luxury. This is that type of car. Or you want a nice commuter with luxury touches. ILX is that car. if you want true luxury, then id say thats definitely not true of ILX2. The headlights look nice, but
Old 02-19-2015, 10:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by honda_nut
Completely understand what you're saying. In my opinion, the ILX pre-facelift and even somewhat facelifted doesn't say luxury. The whole purpose of buying a luxury brand is to have a car that makes a statement. In this case the ILX looks no more special than a loaded Elantra or the new Corolla. Take a look at the A3, CLA, and 2-series. They all are about the same size and start out at low 30k range, but also manage to look the part.

The ILX may have all the features that define luxury and may even drive the part, not saying it's a bad car, but that is not enough in this segment.
Nah - still better off with a used IS250 or 3 series if you want a statement car. My ILX doesnt say full lux to me - it just says a lot nicer then an Accord or Civic Ex/SI. So yea, if you want full luxury, I dont think ILX is a car you should even be looking at. Or the 3 you mentioned, really.

Corolla? I'm not joking, there is no way you can say that if you see the cars compared side by side. ILX is much sexier and just plain nicer. Not to mention I have a 6speed manual with 201hp stock with my I/H/E mods its got a great growl (still not fast). No way a Corolla can do that, even with similar mods.

Last edited by aomechmarine; 02-19-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
2016 ilx

Found on youtube
http://youtu.be/06EAYwuwkt0
Old 02-20-2015, 10:51 AM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
First Drive: 2016 Acura ILX | Driving
Old 02-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by honda_nut

Thank you!!! I guess I'm not too articulate, but this is exactly what I wanted to say, to the T. And I'm not saying the ILX is a bad car either, I mean there's a reason I watch everybody's build threads when I don't even own one myself.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
I really don't agree that the ILX doesn't look the part, even in the pre-mmc (I do agree the new one looks more expensive).

Sure. If you look straight on to the Corolla from the front, it looks nice. It's got big wheels. But the true profile of the car is totally different. The ILX has nice side "haunches," and the body lines make it look FAR more sophisticated than something like a Corolla. (Corolla's doors are flat. The ILX has character lines, and a much mroe interesting profile) No, it's not as flashy as a CLA, but I really don't see where the ILX falls down compared to the A3. They both have those trademarked luxury faces (Acura "beak" vs Audi's huge grille), they both use a little bit of chrome here and there, they both have 17" wheels standard. The ILX is very, very classy, not flashy. I guess someone who looks at the ILX might not think, "wow that's expensive". But it certainly looks a lot more expensive than a Corolla, unless all you can see is big wheels and a gaping grille.
aomechmarine (02-24-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura604
anyone notice how yellow the fog lights are? And they have the nerve to charge almost 800$ for it.....shame on you acura

Unless canadian models are different...then maybe we can get the fog light for cheap and put in yellow HID

Last edited by xedap1998; 02-20-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by xedap1998
anyone notice how yellow the fog lights are? And they have the nerve to charge almost 800$ for it.....shame on you acura

Unless canadian models are different...then maybe we can get the fog light for cheap and put in yellow HID
I noticed that too. The accessory fog lights look different, but this might be different from ASPEC

Anyone else notice the tiny ASPEC badges on the canadian version?
Old 02-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I saw the A-SPEC badge too...That looks nice actually. Maybe because it was white (lol)

I am glad Acura Canada is smart enough to keep the packaging simpler....Base, Premium and Tech + the A-SPEC. According to the article, the pricing appears similar to what the 2015 model was which is good. I can't wait for Acura.ca to update the configurator....The dealer confirmed that the pricing and incentives are already announced.

Last edited by weather; 02-20-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: '16 ILX in the wild