100% sure this is 2.4 6MT ILX

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
100% sure this is 2.4 6MT ILX

Looks pretty damn good! I might consider trading my 12 TSX SE in at some point for this.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Yeah I seen that earlier. I'm hoping the rims are just and add-on. The silver alloys that ive been seeing look way better.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
You're correct that's the 2.4L but it also has the optional Acura aero package in that photo. I'm not very impressed with the aero package to be honest, the side skirts look like they're just held on by doublesided tape and you can clearly see the skirts don't have ends in that pic. It definitely looks like an after thought.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by wreak
You're correct that's the 2.4L but it also has the optional Acura aero package in that photo. I'm not very impressed with the aero package to be honest, the side skirts look like they're just held on by doublesided tape and you can clearly see the skirts don't have ends in that pic. It definitely looks like an after thought.
I see what you are talking about. Hopefully it doesn't ship like that! They might as well call ILX A-SPEC to draw in some tuner crowd. I wonder how much smaller it is than the TSX. I can't wait to test drive one!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
This car looks really nice in some pics and then in others, like the one above, it looks like Chevy beat it with the Pontiac Design Stick.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
This car looks really nice in some pics and then in others, like the one above, it looks like Chevy beat it with the Pontiac Design Stick.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
I think the car looks pretty good. I don't think looks is what will hold this car back, I think it will be the drivetrain. The 2.0L is probably not going to be very exciting even for an entry level Acura. If they offered the 2.4L in an auto I bet they would sell a lot of them. The truth is they will produce very few 2.4L manuals. So this car will mostly be known for its lame 2.0L and the 1.5L hybrid that doesn't get hybrid FE and can't match some non-hybrid cars.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I think the car looks pretty good. I don't think looks is what will hold this car back, I think it will be the drivetrain. The 2.0L is probably not going to be very exciting even for an entry level Acura. If they offered the 2.4L in an auto I bet they would sell a lot of them. The truth is they will produce very few 2.4L manuals. So this car will mostly be known for its lame 2.0L and the 1.5L hybrid that doesn't get hybrid FE and can't match some non-hybrid cars.
Honestly, I'm disappointed with the powertrain choices, mostly because I don't see one that suits me (manual driver). However, we need to separate what enthusiasts here want, with what the buying public wants. Basically, they want automatics.

The question is whether the 2.0 plus 5AT will have enough 'poke' for the general public. Looking back, the 2.0 plus 5AT combination sold ~20-30K (depending on year) for the RSX, and that was somewhat limited because it was only a coupe. That engine only had 155 hp (in today's rating) and it weighed ~2700-2800. I think if this car can do 0-60 in 8-8.5 seconds, get high 20's in the city on regular, and cost no more than $25K for the Premium Package, it should be able to sell it's production goals.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Kool Aide
Honestly, I'm disappointed with the powertrain choices, mostly because I don't see one that suits me (manual driver). However, we need to separate what enthusiasts here want, with what the buying public wants. Basically, they want automatics.

The question is whether the 2.0 plus 5AT will have enough 'poke' for the general public. Looking back, the 2.0 plus 5AT combination sold ~20-30K (depending on year) for the RSX, and that was somewhat limited because it was only a coupe. That engine only had 155 hp (in today's rating) and it weighed ~2700-2800. I think if this car can do 0-60 in 8-8.5 seconds, get high 20's in the city on regular, and cost no more than $25K for the Premium Package, it should be able to sell it's production goals.
I think this car was meant for the Earth Dreams engines and better transmissions but they are too late to make it into this car. They may give the car a little boost and better FE but probably not til the MMD. Honda is a few years behind thier competition here and will be paying for it.

I just saw that the 2012 Civic Hybrid, which is the same powertrain as the ILX hybrid, goes 0-60 in 10.8 sec and the braking sucks. And expect the ILX to weigh more than the Civic. It already is expected to get less mileage than the Civic. And once again car makers take the easy way out and put the batteries behind the rear seat. So you lose trunk space and can't fold the rear seat down. You would think after years of designing hybrids they would design in space for the batteries that allow more functionality in the car. I expect the ILX will be the same way. So if you pick the ILX hybrid you give up a lot on performance, added costs, less trunk space and functionality, for minimal FE gains.

Last edited by Rocket_man; 03-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 PM
David_Dude

Originally Posted by Kool Aide

I agree. The 2.4 with the 6spd should be fun, since the ILX should weigh less than the TSX with the same combo. The RSX was and still is a very popular tuner car for the young crowd so I expect the ILX to meet its goals or at least come close, speaking of the engine choices and price of admission.

I think this car was meant for the Earth Dreams engines and better transmissions but they are too late to make it into this car. They may give the car a little boost and better FE but probably not til the MMD. Honda is a few years behind thier competition here and will be paying for it.

I just saw that the 2012 Civic Hybrid, which is the same powertrain as the ILX hybrid, goes 0-60 in 10.8 sec and the braking sucks. And expect the ILX to weigh more than the Civic. It already is expected to get less mileage than the Civic. And once again car makers take the easy way out and put the batteries behind the rear seat. So you lose trunk space and can't fold the rear seat down. You would think after years of designing hybrids they would design in space for the batteries that allow more functionality in the car. I expect the ILX will be the same way. So if you pick the ILX hybrid you give up a lot on performance, added costs, less trunk space and functionality, for minimal FE gains.
Hybrids...
Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
I think the car looks pretty good. I don't think looks is what will hold this car back, I think it will be the drivetrain. The 2.0L is probably not going to be very exciting even for an entry level Acura. If they offered the 2.4L in an auto I bet they would sell a lot of them.
I would get one of those, just like my 05 5AT. For ~27K the basic Hybrid Camry (blasfemy ), its faster and gets way better mileage. Ride is a whole different story.