TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Memory Seat Issue Fixed!

Old 02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Memory Seat Issue Fixed!

Just got a call from my dealer. They have a fix for the memory seats. Have an appointment for next week to install a new controller, recently received from Acura. (Interesting to note, I never called my dealer on this, just ACS. So they must have alerted the dealer).

2-25 Update: As per notes below, this fix is not yet widely available, so you may want to check with your dealer, but don't expect them to have the fix yet.

3-4 Update: Two updates, Although I cannot verify this, later in this post, some announced that there is a TSB on this: # 04-005. Parts may be still in short supply. Second, I had mine installed yesterday, and all is still well....

3-5 Update: Forgot to add that the TSB apparently applies to VIN range 1 - 18476. At least one person outside this range noted he has the problem, though.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up

Sounds good to me... I will call right now...

My Seat memory loses everyday....

Update: ACS just denied...
Old 02-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good!!

time to check up with my dealer
Old 02-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Instructor

I had mine replaced about a week ago - so far so good
Old 02-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Note, I just found out that this fix may have limited availability for now. Perhaps they are still testing the fix in the real world.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I believe that limited availability is correct. My dealer said the parts had to come from Japan (BS maybe??). Anyhow, he doesn't have the parts yet and will call me when he does. Since the dealership is in a different town, I asked to wait until both the memory seat and tire vibration fixes are available and get both taken care of on the same day.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
After the first couple of times my seat memory was fine till last weekend when it reset it self. Has anyone found out what makes it reset? What combination of buttons?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Instructor

My Service Manager says there still no fix yet. He just met with the district and regional managers and they both stated that Acura Corp. still does not have a fix. They both drive TL's and have the memory issue also.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Pro

Called Pohanka Acura, Chantilly Virginia, service department and spoke to several people. They say there is no fix yet. I'll check with them again in 2-3 weeks.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Instructor

Beginning to sound like I'm going to be an unregestered beta tester! All I can say is that at least when my memory seats crash, I don't have to close all the windows and reboot the car
Old 02-26-2004, 10:41 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Memory Seat Issue Fixed!

Originally posted by jgrahamiii
Just got a call from my dealer. They have a fix for the memory seats. Have an appointment for next week to install a new controller, recently received from Acura. (Interesting to note, I never called my dealer on this, just ACS. So they must have alerted the dealer).
Which dealer is yours?

My bet is that they're putting those new controllers in on the TL's coming off the assembly line 1st until there's sufficient supplies for all the retrofits.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Spoke with my service manager. There is not yet a fix.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Instructor

I've had my TL for 5 weeks or so with no problems with the seat memory. What exactly happens when the memory skips a beat? Do the seats move to some other position other then what you originally had programmed?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:25 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
I just called, and service manager said something about controler unit thingy, he said they've done it on few TL's not many... and I guess the way he was talking, they had this controller for long itme. Got an appointment for wednesday, and they will look at my car.

btw this is from UNVERSITY ACURA
Old 02-26-2004, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Received 998 Likes on 571 Posts
Originally posted by jzinckgra
I've had my TL for 5 weeks or so with no problems with the seat memory. What exactly happens when the memory skips a beat? Do the seats move to some other position other then what you originally had programmed?
No, they don't move, but the memory button won't return them to the set position if they have been moved. So if you leave your car at the shop or a garage and someone moves the seat, your memory position is lost forever and you have to start over.

Some people say so what, but it bugs the hell out of me.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:38 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Memory Seat Issue Fixed!

2-25 Update: As per notes below, this fix is not yet widely available, so you may want to check with your dealer, but don't expect them to have the fix yet.
btw where did u read that? @ acura.com?
Old 02-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Memory Seat Issue Fixed!

Originally posted by AcuraTLjaTT559
btw where did u read that? @ acura.com?
Didn't read it. Just made assumptions based on what other's posted upon calls to their dealers (including one person who called my dealer).
Old 02-27-2004, 09:15 AM
mjw
Cruisin'

Seat Memory Loss

We picked ours up from the delaer service yesterday to have the radio replaced. CD's were stuck and couldn't be removed. CD also quit working.
We also registered a complaint about the seat memory. And as of yesterday, they had no knowlege of any fix.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Racer

Part is on backorder...
Old 02-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Instructor

What part?
Old 02-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I just came back from my dealer after my first oil change. They didn't know anything official about the seat memory issue but will be calling me about it once they know more.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Racer

Originally posted by jdimaria
What part?
The part to fix the problem...
Old 03-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Instructor

tire and seat memory bulletin

I contacted client services again today and they told me the bulletin went to dealers today on tire and seat memory issues. She said the dealer will have to determine the vibration is tire-related before replacing. She said she thought they were still Bridgestone but didn't know if it's the same tire or modified or anything.... Since my dealer I purchased from is a few hours away, I called three dealers closer and they all told me different stuff. They knew about the seat memory bulletin, and said it required a new part. On the tire issue, one dealer contacted client services when I was on the phone with them and found out the same thing I was told. But said didn't know what kind of tires, would have to get with regional dept to order tires if its determined a tire issue... The other dealers said they knew nothing of tire bulletin and they haven't heard any complaints about tires!
.... Seems to me client services and all dealers need to get on the same page!!
Old 03-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: tire and seat memory bulletin

This is correct.

I remember there is the thread talking about Seat Memory a week ago. At that time, ACS refused that Acura had addressed this issue.

But after a few days, they seemed to deploy these two TSBs to every dealers offically.

ACS#: 800-382-2238
Old 03-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Cruisin'

dheel

I'm moving to NC, which dealer have you had any luck with. I'm more interested in service and maintanence issues. Thanks

nshvlltl
Old 03-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Note, I just found out that this fix may have limited availability for now. Perhaps they are still testing the fix in the real world.

We talked about this on 2/25. At that time, ACS and our prestigious dealer refused the news. Meanwhile, the dealer said there was a limited module for you only in this particular case.

Two days later, Acura sent this TSB-like info to all dealers.

So you won't be the beta tester anymore.

Have they fixed it yet?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:44 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Re: tire and seat memory bulletin

Originally posted by dheel
I contacted client services again today and they told me the bulletin went to dealers today on tire and seat memory issues. She said the dealer will have to determine the vibration is tire-related before replacing. She said she thought they were still Bridgestone but didn't know if it's the same tire or modified or anything.... Since my dealer I purchased from is a few hours away, I called three dealers closer and they all told me different stuff. They knew about the seat memory bulletin, and said it required a new part. On the tire issue, one dealer contacted client services when I was on the phone with them and found out the same thing I was told. But said didn't know what kind of tires, would have to get with regional dept to order tires if its determined a tire issue... The other dealers said they knew nothing of tire bulletin and they haven't heard any complaints about tires!
.... Seems to me client services and all dealers need to get on the same page!!
If anyone can produce the TSB of the tire bulletin I think this will go a long way in assisting everyone in getting their flatspotting or vibration-prone tires replaced!
Old 03-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: tire and seat memory bulletin

Originally posted by Lore
If anyone can produce the TSB of the tire bulletin I think this will go a long way in assisting everyone in getting their flatspotting or vibration-prone tires replaced!

Is it the only way to get TSB# to have your service in the dealer? I mean ACS and dealers won't give me any TSB# over the phones. I just told my dealer ACS has said you now have TSBs and solutions to fix these issues. I like to make an appointment now.

Since my appointment is next Friday, my stupid dealer has many days to figure out the issue/TSB/solutions.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:50 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Does anyone know if the TSB covers all cars or if it's just a limited range of them?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:52 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Re: Re: Re: tire and seat memory bulletin

Originally posted by rets
Is it the only way to get TSB# to have your service in the dealer? I mean ACS and dealers won't give me any TSB# over the phones. I just told my dealer ACS has said you now have TSBs and solutions to fix these issues. I like to make an appointment now.

Since my appointment is next Friday, my stupid dealer has many days to figure out the issue/TSB/solutions.
Well, that's better than nothing, right? At least you'll get the problems fixed. Maybe at the time of your appointment you can request the TSB #.

I wonder if I have to make an appointment to get new tires or if the dealer will just call me when they arrive since he said mine were already coming in...hm.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by rets
We talked about this on 2/25. At that time, ACS and our prestigious dealer refused the news. Meanwhile, the dealer said there was a limited module for you only in this particular case.

Two days later, Acura sent this TSB-like info to all dealers.

So you won't be the beta tester anymore.

Have they fixed it yet?
Goes in tomorrow morning. Given the TSB, have they scheduled you or is the part still genearlly backordered?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Goes in tomorrow morning. Given the TSB, have they scheduled you or is the part still genearlly backordered?

They refused to syay any details at this moment. But I wish they will have tons of parts when I have the service next week.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: Re: Re: tire and seat memory bulletin

Originally posted by Lore
I wonder if I have to make an appointment to get new tires or if the dealer will just call me when they arrive since he said mine were already coming in...hm.

ACS told me that my dealer has to test my car in order to make the decisions whether my old EL42s have problems or not. I have no idea how dealers would be able to test those minor flatspot issues in most of 04TLs.

Get a loaner and have your car stayed overnight?

IMO, except some well-documented 04TLs have done tons of vibration inspections in dealers, this news sounds like dealers should do the additional tests for anyone requesting for tires swaps.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Instructor

I just got the phone with ACS, by the way thanks for the number rets. There has not been any service bulletins issued on the tires but one did come out on the memory seat problem. Dealers are suppose to replace the driver's side power control unit
Old 03-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Instructor

ACS told me there was a bulletin on tires that came out today. She said dealers will know of this. Upon calling dealers they seem not to know anything, or at least act as if not to.
The one dealer did call ACS himself and found out the same thing as ACS told myself.... That they will have to determine if vibration is tire issue, then if so order tires, which I assume are new modified BS EL42's. My question is how will they determine, I guess leave the car over-night. Then with Spring coming soon and the temp rising, may not flat-spot as bad. This morning the temp was mid 50's and didn't notice it as much as normal. Maybe there is a coincidence with the timing of Acura finally addressing the tire issue and warmer temps coming soon!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Racer

Thumbs up Fix for memory seat loss supposedly available!

I just heard from the service manager who claims that a fix for the seat memory problems is finally available from Acura. It involves replacing the seat memory module and he's ordered a replacement for me.

Mark
Old 03-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Racer

He also told me that the replacement should be in by the end of the week.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro

I think this is old information
Old 03-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Racer

Just trying to communicate what I heard. I took a look at the topics on the first page of the forum before posting, figuring it would be a topic of hot discussion but I guess I either didn't see it or it's not on the first page.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:37 AM
10th Gear

seat memory fix

there is now a new bulletin for repairing the seat memory, they have finally released a control module, call your dealer if you are having this problem bul 04-005

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Memory Seat Issue Fixed!