TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gregory28
RTFM?

I just learned what "bling bling" was the other day.
Ok, I'll help you out again. Click Here. :p
Old 01-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Turbowhat2
unfortunately, when we lock teh windows.... even the driver cannot control any except his/her own :'(

I do not like that feature also... The driver in the past cars I have had has always had full window control when the others are locked.

The only way I can see this as a "safety feature" is that if a child is in the back, the driver doesnt accidentally lower their window when they are locked.

But that is pushing it!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:24 AM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Read car speed via GPS

For Navi Cars only (note, you are on your own if you mess up).

Ok, in the Navi Diagnostics Mode, go into "GPS Information", you should see the number of satelites you are tracking.

While in this screen, push and hold the "Menu" button for 10 seconds, you will then see the "GPS Detail" screen.

At the top (along with other info), you will see:

"Speed: xx.x Km/h"

the only bad thing is it is in metric, but the speedo also has metric.

You can now see if your speedo is off vs GPS speed.

Push return a few times to get out

EDIT - the speed is in mph in the USA, also, it is not in real time has has a slight delay, so if you are going to use it, set the cruise control first, my speedo read dead on with the Nav system BTW.

By the way, the tire calibrate screen auto detects the tire diamter, if it shows "level 10" it is done, anything lower and it is calibrating. Leave it in auto set, do not fine tune on your own.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Read car speed via GPS

Originally posted by need4spd

Ok, in the Navi Diagnostics Mode, go into "GPS Information", you should see the number of satelites you are tracking.

While in this screen, push and hold the "Menu" button for 10 seconds, you will then see the "GPS Detail" screen.

At the top (along with other info), you will see:

"Speed: xx.x Km/h"

Very cool, I ever heard my friend calling out this feature, but he forgot how to do so again. I should tell him this method. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Instructor

Lightbulb Re: Read car speed via GPS

On a related note, once you get to the diag menu, if you hold done the menu key for a few seconds, you get to a screen that will allow you to make changes to the appearance of the Nav screens (menu colors, etc.).
Old 01-06-2004, 09:55 AM
an Acura has-been

Re: Re: Read car speed via GPS

Originally posted by sfintel
On a related note, once you get to the diag menu, if you hold done the menu key for a few seconds, you get to a screen that will allow you to make changes to the appearance of the Nav screens (menu colors, etc.).
Yes, that is the developer screen, you can do a lot of damage there.

Did you try to change colors, I looked at it, but could not make heads or tails of what color I was changing. Also, it showed a color for an HVAC screen which we do not have.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Advanced

As I've started to use voice commands much more frequently, I found a feature this morning that I had not known existed. I gave a voice command to "play CD ". Instead of responding with "Pardon me?", the CD Help screen popped up and gave me the right phraseology in a list. (I had the command backwards). Or is it only on the HFL that the response is 'pardon?". Either way, I appreciate that feature.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Banned

I've got the pardon only with the HFT. When I get the voice commands wrong it just does something I didn't ask for. For example I may ask for bilevel air and it tells me Temperature 68 degrees. Sometimes its rather comical. The voice recognition works well most of the time. The HFT can dial prestored numbers well but dictating numbers on the move does not work well at all.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Intermediate

When using the HFL with a Bluetooth phone, you can still press the buttons on the phone although the sound is coming from the audio system. Handy when checking voicemail or a tone activated system.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:56 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Jessedog - That's called "Barge in". Been referenced here as well as in the manual. Thanks for the info. Some may not realize that is what it's called.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Intermediate

Today for the first time I:
- Paid a toll using change I pulled from the change holder in it's new location in the door storage area (no more contortion moves from me)
- Hung my gas cap from the hanger on the gas door
- Pressed the white circle on the Navi to find my location

A pretty good day in my book. Thanks to all for the great info.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Jessedog
Today for the first time I:
- Paid a toll using change I pulled from the change holder in it's new location in the door storage area (no more contortion moves from me)
- Hung my gas cap from the hanger on the gas door
- Pressed the white circle on the Navi to find my location

A pretty good day in my book. Thanks to all for the great info.

Hahaha! Yeah, those days are awesome I kinda had one of those today as well. I did the gas cap thing, made a bunch of phone calls on my way to work, and went to the address of the house I'm looking at, and took some pics with my phone. I finished that up with a little bit of "find nearest fast food" Man, I love this car:bowdown: :bowdown:
Old 01-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Instructor

I got my dealer (instead of me doing it) to break one of the lugs off my coin holder because I wanted to move it to the door storage area as well. It seemed to be jammed in there real good.

The dealer mentioned that orders taken now for the AT Navi will be delivered beginning of April
Old 01-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Nav Sys intel:
You can also use the round joystick to move the "crosshairs" to designate a target/location. Push the joystick in, and you get the physical address. If the address is a KNOWN location, the phone number might pop up with the info.
Also, zoom out to max. to see the great old USofA!

Pushing buttons can be hazardous...
NathanSilver
Old 01-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: Read car speed via GPS

Yes, that is the developer screen, you can do a lot of damage there.

Did you try to change colors, I looked at it, but could not make heads or tails of what color I was changing. Also, it showed a color for an HVAC screen which we do not have.
How come we don't have an HVAC screen??
Old 01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
an Acura has-been

Re: Re: Re: Re: Read car speed via GPS

Originally posted by MikeRadio
How come we don't have an HVAC screen??
I think the TSX has it, but with the TSX, when it has Nav, it looses some of the HVAC buttons so they need it on the touch screen.

We have all the nice buttons with and without nav.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Read car speed via GPS

I think the TSX has it, but with the TSX, when it has Nav, it looses some of the HVAC buttons so they need it on the touch screen.

We have all the nice buttons with and without nav.
That is a feature, not a drawback of the TL, you don't have to use the screen to get to climate control, Honda designed it that way, the climate control screen in the TSX is a compromise
Old 01-08-2004, 09:52 PM
an Acura has-been

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Read car speed via GPS

Originally posted by rick955i
That is a feature, not a drawback of the TL, you don't have to use the screen to get to climate control, Honda designed it that way, the climate control screen in the TSX is a compromise
I agree that the buttons are better, no question.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Read car speed via GPS

I agree that the buttons are better, no question.
Although when it comes to the sound system, I'm glad there's an Audio screen. It's nice to see exactly how the presets are programmed, plus the extra info on the XM tracks.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Pause/Mute from Steering Wheel

When the radio/CD/DVD is playing, press the Phone button on the steering wheel. It will pause the CD/DVD or mute the radio. To un-mute, press the back button.

Great when you or someone else in the car needs to answer/make a call or just quickly mute the sound for any reason.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Pro

Re: Pause/Mute from Steering Wheel

Originally posted by mrtech
When the radio/CD/DVD is playing, press the Phone button on the steering wheel. It will pause the CD/DVD or mute the radio. To un-mute, press the back button.

Great when you or someone else in the car needs to answer/make a call or just quickly mute the sound for any reason.
NICE... I went through a drive thru last night and was trying to figure out how to mute the system. Had to turn the sound all the way down and then start a song over again. Now I know how to do it...
Old 01-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro

Mute!!

Wow I need to try this!

I was going to start a thread about NO mute capabilites with the voice system.... The only way I ever saw to pause a CD or DVD was press the button of the CD DVD playing on the 1-6 buttons... However if u dont have the screen on, when u want to get off pause u need to rememebr which DVD CD was playing!

Will this pause thing work even if you dont have Handsfree link set up?

Mike
Old 01-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Yes. It works even if you do not have a phone set. You may get a voice announcement that it has not been paired. Beats pressing the volume...
Old 01-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Racer

I haven't used coins to pay a toll in years. You need to lobby your state legislators to get EZPASS installed in your state! I go through tolls in third gear.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In the really cold mornings like this morning the heater doesn't start blowing air till the air warms up. This is when the system is set to Auto and There is a temp displayed (not HI).
Old 01-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by acur8ly
In the really cold mornings like this morning the heater doesn't start blowing air till the air warms up. This is when the system is set to Auto and There is a temp displayed (not HI).
Doesn't our heater only work after our engine heats up?

I know the old cars without Climate-Control might provide the cold air to you.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
True but it doesn't just flood the cabin with cold air. It waits till the air temp is warm before it starts blowing.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Cargo Net Tip:

I have the trunk tray and have not wanted to pierce said liner yet...

So for now, I am using the larger net assy only.

Inside the trunk, there are to 2 mounting knobs on the upper trunk area and 1 on each side of the car, that are aligned with the top ones. I installed it in such a manner, that it looks like it splits the forward and back areas of the trunk--hanging in the air like a hammock.

It's great. I put my briefcase in the hammock or upto 3 full grogery bags.

If you throw a couple of items into your trunk on a daily basis--try it! It works great!

NathanSilver
Old 01-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by jime

I found that the dash backlighting with the headlights off is also controlled by the “remote” memory setting

Do you mean the blue LED's in the gauges that are always on? I wondered if there's a way to turn these off when you're doing day driving with headlights off. How is it controlled by the "remote" memory setting? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro

PAUSE for the cause and STOP til you drop!

I mentioned as did others earlier that if you press one of the 1-6 buttons of the CD that is playing (1 while CD 1 is playing) It will PAUSE the cd.

However, I just found out if you press and HOLD the button it STOPS the CD.... and resumes from the beginning next time u start it.

BTW is there ANY EASY WAY to pause a CD without pressing the button of the CD playing???? I dont see ANY voice command for it at all.

Mike
Old 01-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Mike - press the phone button on the steering wheel. It will pause the CD or mute the radio. You dont have to have a phone paired to do this.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
10th Gear

someone needs to make a list of new features found on the first post in this forum. would be very helpful!!

Jim
Old 01-18-2004, 11:12 PM
5th Gear

There is a small handle just inside the trunk lid (right side)
This is great to close the turnk while not getting your fingerprints on the trunk, especially with a dark color.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,863 Likes on 2,030 Posts
The little high friction area at the front of the map pockets is great for holding small amounts of loose change.

It does a much better job than mounting the coin holder in the map pocket side; my experience with that was that the top coins would fly out of the holder and into the pocket when the door was closed.

Mike
Old 01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Racer

Anyone know how to set up the rear cargo net? I'm talking about the small one that looks like a spider web. I managed the large net across the back, but I'm thinking that someone at Acura didn't weave the small net properly and is there to torture me.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by casooner90
Anyone know how to set up the rear cargo net? I'm talking about the small one that looks like a spider web. I managed the large net across the back, but I'm thinking that someone at Acura didn't weave the small net properly and is there to torture me.

Check out these two... a couple of pics inside.

Does the Cargo Net come with the TL?

Trunk tray and cargo net
Old 01-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Racer

Originally posted by casooner90
is that a standard, and if so, where can you find it? thanks
Old 01-21-2004, 04:58 PM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
dont know if this has been posted yet, but there is a trunk lock button in the glove compartent that will deactivate the interior trunk release button. but it will still work with your remote
Old 01-22-2004, 10:31 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

2 Cargo nets are in the trunk, under the carpet, on top of the spare tire. they came with mine (@ no charge), it should be standard. Nice!

If you open the fuse box near the firewall at the engine you will find a white fuse puller device, it comes pretty handy when removing a blown fuse.

It happened to me driving to Florida from Houston, TX.,
the cigarette/utility power outlet went out, and the burned fuse is inside on the fuse box in the driver's side kicker panel, it's the third from the end at the bottom (rated 15 amps) #9
Old 01-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Advanced

OK

how about the lack of a feature?

For US models, there doesn't seem to be a low washer-fluid indicator. According to the manual, the canadians have it in the maintenance minder.

This is kinda lame.

Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)