TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Comprehensive list of known early build problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Comprehensive list of known early build problems

Hi Folks,

I am going to buy a TL in the coming months, but want to wait a bit to allow Acura to work out a few of the early production kinks.

I've done a bit of research and have found a few small items, but am hoping that folks can help me to build a much larger (and more detailed) list. This may be a help to folks in getting issues fixed and deciding whether to wait or not.

LIST UPDATED: 12-28-2003. PMs with suggestions of solutions or other substantial problems to add to this first post are appreciated.

Known issues / fix / dealer or factory solution:
[URLs below link to other posts, the topics are addressed in later pages of this thread as well]

*Creaking headliner near dash / fix with foam under headliner / replace broken mounting clips

*Wrinkling leather in DS seat, leather looses its shape (butt prints) / unknown / unknown

*SES light on with seeming misfire / unknown / replace crank sensor OR install updated software. http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=65829

*Vibration at 55+mph / unknown / Two independent issues here: (i)suggested cold flatspotting of stock tires; (ii) auto transmission programming or TCC solenoid.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ight=vibration (discusses both)
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ight=vibration
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ight=vibration
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=67438 (on tires)

*Jumps out of 1st gear in early VIN MT cars / small teeth on 1st gear out of allowed tolerances / replace gear
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...0&pagenumber=4

*Seat memory resets unpredictably / unknown / unknown
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showt...30&pagenumber=4
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showt...?threadid=67251
FIX available:http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=71922&pagenumber=1

* Another summary of the small fit and finish items can be found at:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...0&pagenumber=7

If folks chiming in would list the build number of their car that would also probably be a big help. Also if anyone has TSB links as more problems get listed that too would be a great resource. Posting links to threads probably wouldn't hurt either.

best,
Scott
Old 11-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Instructor

See also the unfinished trim issue from another post:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=63888

<edit: changed unpainted to unfinished as suggested below-- thanks!>
Old 11-03-2003, 01:59 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Scott GN231
See also the unpainted trim issue from another post:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=63888
Many mis-read this, it is NOT unpainted, it is unfinished, ie, it is not smooth and you can ever so slightly see the weld area, is is on the inside of the rear quarter panel, where it meets the glass at the trunk lid. The person who wrote it blew it way out of proportion IMHO.

I will post shortly my minor problems and the fixes (the dealer fixed them all the first time).
Old 11-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I feel like I'm beta-testing Mac OS X again. (Yes, I actually paid for Mac OS X beta several years ago.) Luckily, I haven't been cut by being on the bleeding edge so far.

This thread should be a sticky, or at least part of the 2004 TL FAQ I suggested over the weekend. If we TL owners should put our heads together, we might be able to give everyone the information they need without making useless duplicate posts.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

that vibration account has to be a pre-production luck of the draw thing
Old 11-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by RJC RSX
that vibration account has to be a pre-production luck of the draw thing
One of the guys' VIN was 2645-- that's not super low.

-S.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Comprehensive list of known early build problems

1987 Buick Grand National
11.76 @ 116 mph
The car that'll pass anything on the road except a gas station!
:smokin:
Old 11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Pro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by need4spd
[B]Many mis-read this, it is NOT unpainted, it is unfinished, ie, it is not smooth and you can ever so slightly see the weld area, is is on the inside of the rear quarter panel, where it meets the glass at the trunk lid. The person who wrote it blew it way out of proportion IMHO.

I have to agree, this was blown way out of proportion. In fact I've had a really really close look at my car and I cannot see anything there that is unfinished at all. Looks perfect to me in fact.

My car is a low VIN for Canada, despite just arriving at the dealership six days ago it has a VIN less than 200. But I know that it was a recent build, I had the seen the order sheet at the dealership. I didn't realize that the series number for the VIN is different for Canadian cars but it is logical since they are spec.'d differently than the US cars.

Only "problems" so far is that the temperature settings for the HVAC seem a bit off. set at 23 C it is cooler than in my old TL. 23 degrees Celius should be very comfortable, but in my new TL it is a bit cool. I'll have the dealer look at it at the first oil change. I also felt a tiny vibration between 90 and 100 kms once, but wasn't sure what it was. It is not consistent. I'll keep watching it.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:32 PM
tsb
6th Gear

Body panel fit is inconsistent. I've seen VINs in the 7000s that were bad.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Racer

The AIR was not cold in my 2003 iether ....... glad that has improved .. I'd put it on 60 and it would take an hour to feel cool in the afternoon. So that is definately a PLUS.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I have a vin # in the 5000's and haven't noticed any of the 3 issues mentioned above. I'll look at the seats again, but I haven't noticed the wrinkling. No vibrations either and I drove for 275 miles at 75 mph bringing the car home. I was plagued by creaks and rattles in my Maxima when I first bought it, so those things annoy the hell out of me. Haven't noticed anything in the TL.

I have a bit over 500 miles on the odometer, btw.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Instructor

I had the car for 3 weeks and 1400 miles now. Noticed some irregularities...not serious problems, but annoying ones. My vin# is in the 2800's. Here's a list.

1. Occasionally, the car vibrates alittle when going above 70mph. (not too noticeable, but annoying) - sometimes it's ok...maybe the road condition
2. Wind noise on my drive side window. Sounds like the window is cracked open a little(even though it is completely closed).
3. Slight rattle in the dash near nav system
4. There were 2 instances where the car didn't start on the first crank.
5. Slight rattle near the driver's seat belt.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? If so, have you addressed it with the dealer? Did they resolve the problem? Unfortunately, I travel alot, so was unable to take it into the dealer yet. I will update once I get a chance to take it in for service.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:34 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comprehensive list of known early build problems

Hi Folks,

I've done a bit of research and have found a few small items, but am hoping that folks can help me to build a much larger (and more detailed) list. This may be a help to folks in getting issues fixed and deciding whether to wait or not.

Known issues / fix / dealer or factory solution:
* Creaking headliner near dash / fix with foam under headliner / replace broken mounting clips

* Wrinkling leather in DS seat / unknown / unknown

*Vibration at 55+mph / unknown / suggested tires out of balance. (http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=64347)

If folks chiming in would list the build number of their car that would also probably be a big help. Also if anyone has TSB links as more problems get listed that too would be a great resource. Posting links to threads probably wouldn't hurt either.

best,
Scott
Yes these may be known issues but are any of them a consistant issue with many cars? That has not been determined yet. Most of the issues I've read with the exception of the vibration/tire out of balance have been one time only issues. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by fsconsult
I had the car for 3 weeks and 1400 miles now. Noticed some irregularities...not serious problems, but annoying ones. My vin# is in the 2800's. Here's a list.

1. Occasionally, the car vibrates alittle when going above 70mph. (not too noticeable, but annoying) - sometimes it's ok...maybe the road condition
2. Wind noise on my drive side window. Sounds like the window is cracked open a little(even though it is completely closed).
3. Slight rattle in the dash near nav system
4. There were 2 instances where the car didn't start on the first crank.
5. Slight rattle near the driver's seat belt.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? If so, have you addressed it with the dealer? Did they resolve the problem? Unfortunately, I travel alot, so was unable to take it into the dealer yet. I will update once I get a chance to take it in for service.
These are the kinds of things that drove me nuts with my 2002 TL-S. For a car that costs $35,000 not having these issues is not too much to ask. It looks like Acura quality hasn't gotten any better.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:40 AM
an Acura has-been

Here are my issues at just under 800 miles, many minor ones, car is in 1600's just a few off from neoronbob (witin 5), so go figure that he does not have the same ones:

As stated before, I am picky and see stuff others do not.

1. Headliner on drivers side is in contact with windshield so it clicks over bumps (2 known cases) – Dealer found broken mounting clips, repaired other case was fixed with felt
2. Drivers door leather was not tucked in near aluminum trim, reinserted it.
3. Steering wheel is off to right, car tracks straight, wheel needs adjustment, dealer did not fix.
4. Parking brake is out of adjustment, have to pull to top to get it to not rely on transmission. Dealer repaired, but within 2 days out of adjustment again, need to re-adjust, especially noticeable on a downhill incline.
5. Outside temperature reading in MID is about 8 degrees high (even after driving), after dealer fix, now 7 degrees off.
6. Driver’s window vibrates at top when fully closed (if down slightly, it is ok). Dealer adjusted window regulator (others have complained about this)
7. About 8 paint defects (small, very small imperfections, such as particles or dust under clear coat) and one scratch near lower black grill near center of car.
8. Rear deck rattled (many complaints of this) with radio on – fixed with foam at center of deck where it meets rear window as it was vibrating against window.
9. Gaps inconsistent in hood to fender fit, both sides, and drivers front fender to headlight. Also, plastic rocker molding on drivers side was about ½” in behind front wheel
10. Leather wrinkles on lower seat bolster in outboard position (not only one to indicate this) – regional says this is normal. Treated the leather this last weekend.
11. Butt print on seat bottom (many complaints)
12. Vibration in car at different speeds (not only one to complain) – dealer rebalanced tires, better, but regional said with these low profile tires, when cold, they are slightly out of round, and when heated, it will go away (I have seen this also, and there was another post on this. Not sure if tranny related.
13. Glove box rattled (other complaints on this also) – dealer moved striker in
14. Memory seat setting disappeared (other complaint about this also)
15. Pass front door rattles occasionally (other complaints) – not found
16. Third brake light cover was loose, rattled with bass and also allowed red light to shine on inside of rear C pillars – dealer repaired.
17. Fuel gauge slightly off, at ¼ takes 10 gallons, 7 gal left.
18 Car up shifts way too early, at steady cruse (not pushing it) it is in 4th just shy of 30mph and 5th just shy of 45mph, makes cruising at these speeds full of vibration as engine lugs as it is not turning enough rpms.
19. Part of back edge of star portion of wheel/rim is not smooth, was not sanded/finished properly, also one is not painted on center hub portion (can not see unless you look inside where it mates to rotor.
20. One exhaust tip has a large silver weld exposed inside tip, visible from rear of car.
21. Noise when pulling away when car is cold and normal acceleration, sounds like a flap is being actuated, but felt throughout car, lasts less than a second (other complaint on this) – dealer did not find.

Other complaints that are stated are found either on acura-tsx, acura-tl, or TOV sites.

This is all I can think of for now. To me, these are all minor, and expected of an early build, there are no real mechanical or electrical issues with the car, just fit and finish issues, and I see things others do not. Don’t get me wrong, I really do like the car and feel that I made the right choice and would do it again. It was just a timing issue, I could not wait 6 months, and just made it to the intro of the car.

I am not trying to discourage any potential buyers, please enjoy the car!
The following users liked this post:
Laszlo (02-03-2018)
Old 11-04-2003, 12:51 AM
an Acura has-been

.......1. Occasionally, the car vibrates alittle when going above 70mph. (not too noticeable, but annoying) - sometimes it's ok...maybe the road condition
........4. There were 2 instances where the car didn't start on the first crank..........
fsconsult - regarding the vibration, the regional said the tires develop flat spots when sitting and cold that go away after heated from driving, that could be your issue if you believe him, 4, I had same thing, owners manual says that starting times may be inconsistant as the car adjusts to minamize emmisions, same thing with idle that is rough after starting when cold.

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Racer

Originally posted by need4spd
Here are my issues at just under 800 miles, many minor ones, car is in 1600's just a few off from neoronbob (witin 5), so go figure that he does not have the same ones [snip...]
Wow, you certainly have quite a list there! I'm at 810 miles with a low 2600's car. These are my problems:

1. Rattles near the left and right seatbelt on the B pillars. Occurs on slightly rough roads. In other words, anytime not on a smooth road.

2. Two noises in console area that happens on rougher roads.

3. Left rear door trailing edge not flush with body. It is probably about 1/8" out.

Overall I'm still very happy with the car. At some point I'll try to track down the rattles.

-r
Old 11-04-2003, 01:38 AM
Instructor

need4speed...

It's good to know I'm not the only one with these problem...it helps, especially when taking it into the dealer, knowing others are experiencing the same types of issues.

and what's up with the gas meter??? My trip computer says I have 18 miles to empty, but when I fill the gas tank, all I get is about 13 gallons???

Also, those who are getting the under body kits, note that the front spoiler does not fit perfectly. There are gaps between the front bumper and the kit. The sides and back are fine. Look at any TL with the underbody kit and note that the front does not fit flush against the bumper. Called the dealer, and they are aware of this issue. The technician just replied that since this is a 3rd party product, it does not fit exactly. Why are they selling it as a dealer accessary??? If I would have known that, I would not have purchased the kit. (maybe related to your item #9)

Well, I guess I will be going to the Acura service pretty soon.

Funny, but I still love this car...thanks for the post and keep it coming everyone.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Comprehensive list of known early build problems

Originally posted by HacksawHilliard
Yes these may be known issues but are any of them a consistant issue with many cars? That has not been determined yet.
True, and that's what we hope to find out with this post!

Thanks for all of the posts, let's keep em coming. This will help people at the pre-delivery inspection and help to document any problems that are pervasive.

thanks!
Scott
Old 11-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Instructor

fsconsult - I am with you on the miles to empty computer. I ran mine down to 5 miles left yesterday and only pumped 14 gallons into the tank. Maybe this will adjust itself over time. Either that or Acura really does not want us running out of gas!
Old 11-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Comprehensive list of known early build problems

Originally posted by DMZ
The car that'll pass anything on the road except a gas station!
:smokin:
LOL! It's only a turbo 231 (V6); I get 20 mpg on the highway. Doesn't go around corners too well though...

-S.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Instructor

Lightbulb Make this a sticky?

Would a moderator consider making this post a sticky for a while?

Scott
Old 11-04-2003, 09:51 AM
an Acura has-been

need4speed...
and what's up with the gas meter??? My trip computer says I have 18 miles to empty, but when I fill the gas tank, all I get is about 13 gallons???

Also, those who are getting the under body kits, note that the front spoiler does not fit perfectly. There are gaps between the front bumper and the kit. The sides and back are fine. Look at any TL with the underbody kit and note that the front does not fit flush against the bumper. Called the dealer, and they are aware of this issue. The technician just replied that since this is a 3rd party product, it does not fit exactly. Why are they selling it as a dealer accessary??? If I would have known that, I would not have purchased the kit. (maybe related to your item #9)
Fsconsult, no body kit on my car, gaps are not consistant in several panels, but who cares, as long as it works.

fsconsult and bigdomer, I have not paid attention to the miles to empty screen, will have to look next time the tank gets low, thanks.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
DNA
Instructor

Seat Memory Not Saved

Over at temple of vtec, there have been several reports of seat memory loss:

From mengle:

Problem: sparatic issue that the seat memory light (ie- #1) would not be lit. IF you moved the seat during this time, it would not reset and both settings (1&2) would be lost.

Fix: seat controller (?) was bad and is currently getting replaced. Dealer mentioned that they had spoken to other Acura dealers and a few others had seen this problem.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

1. I am also having an intermittent memory seat issue.

2. I have also experienced a problem where the driver's side seat seems to get warm even though the seat heater is off.

That doesn't seem to happen with the passenger side seat.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Old 11-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Wow, need4spd, that _is_ the longest list I have ever seen for this car!

Just to give my 2 cents, I have only noticed the following two issues so far, and only upon very close examination:

1. Gaps inconsistent in hood to fender fit, both sides, and drivers front fender to headlight (this issue appears to be is EXACTLY the same as your item #9). The inconsistencies appear to be in the order of no more than a millimeter or two (around 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch, I guess). Only noticeable upon very close examination.

2. Vibration in car at about 50-60 MPH (seems to be in-line with your observation #12). I will have the dealer check the wheel balance on the first service. So far the vibration occurs very rarely and is so slight that may not even be worth noticing. Might be just the new engine breaking in. I will keep an eye on it, though.

I have not noticed any of the other things you listed, but I only put 150 miles onto mine so far (bought it 3 days ago). My build number is in the early 5000. SatinSilver/Quartz/Auto/Navi. I'm loving the car so far! Would certainly recommend it to others!

/tallrussian

Originally posted by need4spd
Here are my issues at just under 800 miles, many minor ones, car is in 1600's just a few off from neoronbob (witin 5), so go figure that he does not have the same ones:

As stated before, I am picky and see stuff others do not.

1. Headliner on drivers side is in contact with windshield so it clicks over bumps (2 known cases) – Dealer found broken mounting clips, repaired other case was fixed with felt
2. Drivers door leather was not tucked in near aluminum trim, reinserted it.
3. Steering wheel is off to right, car tracks straight, wheel needs adjustment, dealer did not fix.
4. Parking brake is out of adjustment, have to pull to top to get it to not rely on transmission. Dealer repaired, but within 2 days out of adjustment again, need to re-adjust, especially noticeable on a downhill incline.
5. Outside temperature reading in MID is about 8 degrees high (even after driving), after dealer fix, now 7 degrees off.
6. Driver’s window vibrates at top when fully closed (if down slightly, it is ok). Dealer adjusted window regulator (others have complained about this)
7. About 8 paint defects (small, very small imperfections, such as particles or dust under clear coat) and one scratch near lower black grill near center of car.
8. Rear deck rattled (many complaints of this) with radio on – fixed with foam at center of deck where it meets rear window as it was vibrating against window.
9. Gaps inconsistent in hood to fender fit, both sides, and drivers front fender to headlight. Also, plastic rocker molding on drivers side was about ½” in behind front wheel
10. Leather wrinkles on lower seat bolster in outboard position (not only one to indicate this) – regional says this is normal. Treated the leather this last weekend.
11. Butt print on seat bottom (many complaints)
12. Vibration in car at different speeds (not only one to complain) – dealer rebalanced tires, better, but regional said with these low profile tires, when cold, they are slightly out of round, and when heated, it will go away (I have seen this also, and there was another post on this. Not sure if tranny related.
13. Glove box rattled (other complaints on this also) – dealer moved striker in
14. Memory seat setting disappeared (other complaint about this also)
15. Pass front door rattles occasionally (other complaints) – not found
16. Third brake light cover was loose, rattled with bass and also allowed red light to shine on inside of rear C pillars – dealer repaired.
17. Fuel gauge slightly off, at ¼ takes 10 gallons, 7 gal left.
18 Car up shifts way too early, at steady cruse (not pushing it) it is in 4th just shy of 30mph and 5th just shy of 45mph, makes cruising at these speeds full of vibration as engine lugs as it is not turning enough rpms.
19. Part of back edge of star portion of wheel/rim is not smooth, was not sanded/finished properly, also one is not painted on center hub portion (can not see unless you look inside where it mates to rotor.
20. One exhaust tip has a large silver weld exposed inside tip, visible from rear of car.
21. Noise when pulling away when car is cold and normal acceleration, sounds like a flap is being actuated, but felt throughout car, lasts less than a second (other complaint on this) – dealer did not find.

Other complaints that are stated are found either on acura-tsx, acura-tl, or TOV sites.

This is all I can think of for now. To me, these are all minor, and expected of an early build, there are no real mechanical or electrical issues with the car, just fit and finish issues, and I see things others do not. Don’t get me wrong, I really do like the car and feel that I made the right choice and would do it again. It was just a timing issue, I could not wait 6 months, and just made it to the intro of the car.

I am not trying to discourage any potential buyers, please enjoy the car!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:54 PM
Racer

Old 11-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Miles to Empty issue and Temp wrong issue

I remember when I first got my MDX that there was a way to adjust the baseline for these items. The Miles to empty has an offset so when it says 0 there is still some gas. I think there as something for the temperature also. I'll thave to check on Acura-MDX.org when I get a chance. Don't know if the same concept would apply to the TL's system, which is substantially different.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Racer

Re: Miles to Empty issue and Temp wrong issue

Originally posted by jgrahamiii
I remember when I first got my MDX that there was a way to adjust the baseline for these items. The Miles to empty has an offset so when it says 0 there is still some gas. I think there as something for the temperature also. I'll thave to check on Acura-MDX.org when I get a chance. Don't know if the same concept would apply to the TL's system, which is substantially different.
The TL service manual probably has some interesting information on various modes/adjustments that can be done with the MID and Navi.

-r
Old 11-05-2003, 05:06 PM
9th Gear

As per the thread over at Vtec there is a problem with the crankshaft position sensor...
Old 11-05-2003, 11:41 PM
Racer

What do folks for a proper break in period on an '04 TL? How many miles and what speed/rpm?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:15 AM
Racer

There's an occasional rattle in the steering column area when driving. I'm getting it checked next week. I'll post after it's serviced. Picked the car up a few days ago.

'04 TL 5AT w/o nav.
<500 production number
Deep green pearl with parchment
Old 11-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Racer

Originally posted by gregory28
There's an occasional rattle in the steering column area when driving. I'm getting it checked next week. I'll post after it's serviced. Picked the car up a few days ago.
Not sure if it's the same issue, but on my TSX there is a buzz sound coming from the steering column when going over sharp bumps. Dealer says "This is normal on all TSX models. It's caused by the horn springs and cable wheel on the airbag." Tech took out the airbag to examine the problem and found that modification would be required to stop the buzzing, which could interfere with the airbag's ability to function properly. Tech found same buzzing on other TSXs on the lot. My girlfriend's '03 Accord has the same buzz from the steering wheel, and can be reproduced by hitting it with the butt of your hand.

Also, need4speed #21 might be the ABS, which, for safety reasons, does a quick prime/pulse after starting the car. It can be a scary thing if you don't know what it is.

Nice forum guys -- I love my TSX, but obviously I'm an admirer of the new TL too
Old 11-07-2003, 03:03 PM
an Acura has-been

Originally posted by LeMasseHammer
...........Also, need4speed #21 might be the ABS, which, for safety reasons, does a quick prime/pulse after starting the car. It can be a scary thing if you don't know what it is.

Nice forum guys -- I love my TSX, but obviously I'm an admirer of the new TL too
Thanks LeMasseHammer, I know the sound of the ABS unit, this does not have the pump wirl or pulsation, it is more like a flap closing and a definate thud. But appreciate the thoughts.

BTW - I do not have the buzzing from the steering wheel (that is not one the many that I do have )

Great to have you hear, I also am fond of the TSX, it was a close call between the two, can't go wrong with either!
Old 11-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by gregory28
What do folks for a proper break in period on an '04 TL? How many miles and what speed/rpm?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Manual states:

During first 600 miles:

Avoid full-throtle starts or rapid acceleration
Avoid hard braking for first 200 miles
Don't change first oil until car says to.

That's it. No mention of RPM's or speed.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:51 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by bigdomer
fsconsult - I am with you on the miles to empty computer. I ran mine down to 5 miles left yesterday and only pumped 14 gallons into the tank. Maybe this will adjust itself over time. Either that or Acura really does not want us running out of gas!
I ran mine to 0 miles left one day, as I pulled in the gas station. I pumped 14 gallons. Other times I did not check how many miles remaining, but I was on E, I only got 12 gallons in there. I have never pumped more than 14 gallons in to this tank.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:14 PM
tc2
3rd Gear

I had mine into the dealer yesterday for a few minor things and discussed the trip computer/miles to empty as I have noticed the same thing (never put more than 14 gallons in). They told me that the service manual says there is a 3 gallon reserve.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

lemassehammer/elbodude:

Thanks for your feedback

I do think the reserve tank is what's causing the discrepancy in what's actually left and what the computer shows. Every car I've ever owned had a reserve tank with 3-4 gallons.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:46 AM
BOOK EM

Here`s another problem I`m adding to the list. I`ve got the TL 6spd, Navi. with 177 miles. There is NO HEAT!!!!. Only cold air. A/C switch is off. The Temp. gauge reading seems O.K. I think I smell Antifreeze in the front of the car, but no leaks. I`m bringing the car in Mon. I`ve tried the heet on full blast but no luck, Any suggestions? Thanks Need4spd for reminding me about this thread.

Quick Reply: Comprehensive list of known early build problems