TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Bluetooth primer and phone information

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Maxfli for the insightful instructions. My firmware version is indeed quite old..... R2A014, do you know if I need to upgrade in order to get my TL to work? Thanks!

database
Old 01-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Instructor

What else are people using for their bluetooth phones. It looks like most are using the SE610/616 and some the S56(?). How about others? I need to get one now (currently w/ T-mobile), and just want some ideas options as to whether people are sucessfull with other phones.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by 2TallTexan
Maxfli (or anyone else) - can you explain how the Hands-Free Profile differs from a regular bluetooth connection (sorry I'm new at this).

Mike
Well, to start the Hands-Free Profile is a regular Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth has several functional apllication defined (profiles). When to devices connect they exchange a list of device functions they are interested in. For a Hands-Free Profile it is an "Audio Device" type of connection. The devices further will inform each other of the type of connection or profile they want to create at that specific time.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Cruisin'

In case someone is having the same problem as I did. I upgraded the T68i firmare to R8A015 and it is now working
with my TL. Yahoo! Thanks a million to Maxfli,
Old 01-28-2004, 03:28 PM
10th Gear

Did you have to send it in to upgrade the firmware or could they do it over the air?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Racer

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...360733010.html
Old 01-29-2004, 12:29 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody knows if the Nokia 3620 Phone will work with the Acura's HFP ?

Old 01-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Pro

Originally posted by NOX 3.2
Anybody knows if the Nokia 3620 Phone will work with the Acura's HFP ?

Since it's pretty much like the phone it's replacing (3650), it's going to work just fine, once it's actually available. AT&T has been promising to have this phone for well over a month. In fact, I got a special offer in the mail from them in mid December.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Pro

Originally posted by dulnev
Since it's pretty much like the phone it's replacing (3650), it's going to work just fine, once it's actually available. AT&T has been promising to have this phone for well over a month. In fact, I got a special offer in the mail from them in mid December.
Well, hello! I just checked AT&T Wireless page and the phone is there. Steep price though!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:08 AM
8th Gear

S56 and BT200

I have had my S56 paired with my TL since I bought it. When I tried to pair my new BT200 headset, it asked me if I wanted to "replace speakerphone". If I select "no", it doesn't pair the BT200. However, if I select "yes", it pairs it and overwrites my TL pairing. I've traded emails with a couple of people that say they have the S56 paired to both the TL and BT200, so I know it is possible. If I can't get the BT200 paired, I'm going to return it and admit failure. I hate failure. Failure is not an option. Can anyone help?
Old 01-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Cruisin'

I upgraded my phone by going into a local shop here in Toronto.
It was $30 Canadian. I was told you can do this easily by
buying a cable. The same cable is included to anyone who
owns a P800 I was told.

Database
Old 02-12-2004, 10:55 AM
BOOK EM

Anybody have an answer or still has the crackling problem with the T616 over the speaker. It seems its getting worse, so made appointment with the dealer.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Update for deleted posts.

Latest news that I have from our corporate Rogers/ATT rep for the GTA market is that the Motorola V600 will be available early to mid March.

I was told to expect a price tag of around CAD$350 with a 24 month plan.

I will update you as soon as I hear anything further from him.

Edit: This is info for Canadian TL owners.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Intermediate

T616 Crackling

Danno

Got the same issue. Not sure what to do. I'd be interested in fix or workaround.

Otherwise, the T616 works great!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:31 AM
BOOK EM

I`ll see what the dealer can do. I already asked them if they`ve dealt with this, and as far as they know, they haven`t seen an issue yet. Will keep you posted after I return from the dealer
Old 02-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by danno
I`ll see what the dealer can do. I already asked them if they`ve dealt with this, and as far as they know, they haven`t seen an issue yet. Will keep you posted after I return from the dealer
Was this problem present when you first got the phone/TL? The reason I ask is the T616 is the only reasonably priced AT&T Wireless phone and they have the 30 day guarantee. So when I get my TL and then get the T616, I will know if this phone is an issue or not. Didn't want any delayed vibration/flat spotting probs with the phone!
Old 02-13-2004, 10:52 AM
BOOK EM

Its been a problem since I picked up the phone, only it seemed going from occasionally to more progressive over time
Old 02-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Its been a problem since I picked up the phone, only it seemed going from occasionally to more progressive over time
I can't say that my crackling issue has gotten worse, but I can say that I also occasionally get a similar sound from my Bluetooth headset. I wouldn't recommend bugging the dealer about it; they'll just replace the module and then you'll need to reprogram everything.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:38 PM
BOOK EM

I guess I`d be fine with that,as long as the voice comes in cleaner, with no crackling
Old 02-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Instructor

I guess I`d be fine with that,as long as the voice comes in cleaner, with no crackling
Based on my experience, I doubt that would help.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:22 AM
4th Gear

Does anyone know if the Ericsson T39 bluetooth enabled phone works with the TL? And if so, how well does it work....any known issues?
Old 02-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Pro

If it's one of the Ericssons that are bluetooth-enabled by virtue of adding a snap-on adapter, then the answer is NO!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:46 AM
10th Gear

Those people having trouble storing #s in Phonebook of HFL bcoz of bad voice recognition ..here's a tip and it works evry time ( and its better than switching ON/OFF your car as one had siggested in earlier threads:-
Whenver HFL gets the # you trying to store ,let it store the wrong # first, then come back immediately and edit the entry and now enter the # you wanted to ...and voila! this time it recognises your voice correctly and stores the right # !
Old 02-16-2004, 07:46 AM
10th Gear

Those people having trouble storing #s in Phonebook of HFL bcoz of bad voice recognition ..here's a tip and it works evry time ( and its better than switching ON/OFF your car as one had siggested in earlier threads:-
Whenver HFL gets the # you trying to store ,let it store the wrong # first, then come back immediately and edit the entry and now enter the # you wanted to ...and voila! this time it recognises your voice correctly and stores the right # !
Old 02-17-2004, 02:55 PM
6th Gear

danno -
Any luck yet with the dealer? I bought a T616 and paired it 2 days ago. Good phone, but the crackling is about to drive me nuts. Please keep informed of any progress. THanks.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

Greo -
I think the crackling seems related to the volume pushed from the handset to the car. It seems like the incoming sound is over-attenuated.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

For those of you looking to get a unlocked compatible BT phone and are still stuck in a contract like me... I have a possible solution. I was looking at the GSM phones on Ebay and see the prices they are going for. I decided to take a little risk after doing some extensive research on the internet and spent $33 to get a new unlocked SE T630 (it will be replacing the 610/616). www.thetopmobile.com lets you get on a list to get a free phone. these sites kinda seem like a scam but they are all over Ebay and this one is based out of Denver and takes paypal. I found the company that all of the sites are based off of and it explains how to set up the site almost like fundraising sites for cub scouts. The catch is having enough people sign up to get your phone, but you do get them. there are lots of people on this forum and that would be a good way to fill the lists and help each other get hot phones for a hot car. Check out www.thetopmobile.com and use me -Marc Lewbart- as a reference.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Pro

Angry

Originally posted by mlewbart
For those of you looking to get a unlocked compatible BT phone and are still stuck in a contract like me... I have a possible solution. I was looking at the GSM phones on Ebay and see the prices they are going for. I decided to take a little risk after doing some extensive research on the internet and spent $33 to get a new unlocked SE T630 (it will be replacing the 610/616). www.thetopmobile.com lets you get on a list to get a free phone. these sites kinda seem like a scam but they are all over Ebay and this one is based out of Denver and takes paypal. I found the company that all of the sites are based off of and it explains how to set up the site almost like fundraising sites for cub scouts. The catch is having enough people sign up to get your phone, but you do get them. there are lots of people on this forum and that would be a good way to fill the lists and help each other get hot phones for a hot car. Check out www.thetopmobile.com and use me -Marc Lewbart- as a reference.
This is a pyramid scam and you're an idiot, if you think this is worth doing. Someone should remove this garbage post from here!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down Scam...

Originally posted by mlewbart

How could you direct this site to this forum? Doc. you should have money to get it... I won't say any harsh words, but dulnev is right...

This phone will soon-to-be the free phone when signing 1-yr contract.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:27 PM
5th Gear

Angry Sony Ericsson P900 does not work

Just an F.Y.I. for you all I have a sony ericsson p900 which does not work with my new 2004 TL. The paring process completes without a problem but when you go to use the voice commands from the car the TL reports that there are no phones detected. Sony Ericsson knows about the problem but they wrote back that they have no plans to fix it. Bunch of crap. The phone is great so I just ended up getting a Logitech blue tooth headset which works great. Maybe some day.-aram

in their words

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

At this time there aren't any plans for software upgrades that we are aware of. However, please feel free to check on our website periodically for any updates.

If we can be of any further assistance in the future, please contact the Sony Ericsson Contact Center at 1-800-374-2776; press 1 for English then 1 for Customer Service and Technical Support to speak with one of our representatives directly.

Best regards,

Sony Ericsson Online Support
Old 02-18-2004, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

Cingular wins bidding war for AT&T
Newsbrief by Siddharth Raja on Tuesday February 17, 2004.

After an intense bidding war between Vodafone, Cingular, and NTT DoCoMo, AT&T has finally accepted Cingular's offer of $41 billion for the purchase of its Wireless Services division. The merger will create the largest wireless company in the US, overtaking Verizon. Cingular and AT&T are currently the 2nd and 3rd largest US wireless companies.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Intermediate

re: I've just gotten used to saying, "Call Office Voice Mail... Call... Send Office PIN... Send"

There is a little easier way: say
"Call Office Voice Mail"
hold the talk button down once it's confirmed; when it answers say
"Send Office PIN"
hold the talk button down once it's confirmed -- that's it. No need to say "call" again for "send" twice.....try it! : )

Pete
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Sony Ericsson P900 does not work

Originally posted by akimoto
Just an F.Y.I. for you all I have a sony ericsson p900 which does not work with my new 2004 TL. ...
how are the other features ?
there are a ton of them... how much did you pay for it?

Does the car game works good? (fast?)

I'm trying to use this phone as a j2me developer device.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Cant wait to the v600 comes out. I heard it was going to be released to ATT first. But i guess if they bought them out i will get a shot at cingular to purchase one.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Sony Ericsson P900 does not work

Originally posted by akimoto
Just an F.Y.I. for you all I have a sony ericsson p900 which does not work with my new 2004 TL. The paring process completes without a problem but when you go to use the voice commands from the car the TL reports that there are no phones detected. Sony Ericsson knows about the problem but they wrote back that they have no plans to fix it. Bunch of crap. The phone is great so I just ended up getting a Logitech blue tooth headset which works great.

I think it's not the P900's problem, which is just the bluetooth phone without HFL profile feature. Why do SE have to fix? SE may have P1000 next year with HFL feature.

IMO, most of bluetooth phones could be paired with 04TL, but this doesn't mean they would work with 04TL and this doesn't mean those bluetooth ones having problems.

Basically you gotta check what Acura website says. Otherwise, Acura could just tell us all Bluetooth phones are workable...

You need to flash program into P900 and make the update. I heard some "rumors" said there are ways to do it now... Check your local cell dealers or some dealers in Chinatown...

Old 02-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Advanced

Talking

Hello all,

I just joined this group and have read many great posts about the 04 TL. I am a huge Acura fan. I have owned a total 9 Acura's dating back to 1987. I just traded in my 02 TL type S and bought a Black/Camel 04 TL Auto, without Navi. I now wish I would have bought one with Navi. It was hard to pass up the deal I got on this car. I paid $31,100 with mud flaps and trunk mat.

OK enough about me. I bought a Panasonic X70 to replace my T68I right after I got my car and found out the hard way that it didn't work very well with the Bluetooth handsfree. I wish I would have read the post on this forum before I bought the phone. My questions is, has anybody tried the Motorola V600? Is it compatible with this system? I prefer a flip phone and the only reason I am using a T68I is because of the Bluetooth feature.

Thanks for all of the great information about the new TL. I have learned more about the car on this forum than I did from the Dealer....
Old 02-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Burning Brakes

The v600 is not out yet for the public. Unless you want to pay $800.00 of ebay. The v600 is suppose to be released in march. I hope this is true because i myself love motorola and not a big sony fan at least for phones.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:44 AM
Instructor

Anybody have any data on when the SE T630 will be released at AT&T or Cingular? I really like that better than the T616 but don't want to wait 6 months.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jcolbert
Hello all,

I just joined this group and have read many great posts about the 04 TL. I am a huge Acura fan. I have owned a total 9 Acura's dating back to 1987. I just traded in my 02 TL type S and bought a Black/Camel 04 TL Auto, without Navi. I now wish I would have bought one with Navi. It was hard to pass up the deal I got on this car. I paid $31,100 with mud flaps and trunk mat.

OK enough about me. I bought a Panasonic X70 to replace my T68I right after I got my car and found out the hard way that it didn't work very well with the Bluetooth handsfree. I wish I would have read the post on this forum before I bought the phone. My questions is, has anybody tried the Motorola V600? Is it compatible with this system? I prefer a flip phone and the only reason I am using a T68I is because of the Bluetooth feature.

Thanks for all of the great information about the new TL. I have learned more about the car on this forum than I did from the Dealer....
I have a V600 paired with my 04 TL. Works good and sound is clear with no echoing heard at either end. Got mine from KTFW.DE for 380 Euro plus shipping (unbranded).
Old 02-19-2004, 02:07 PM
6th Gear

I think the crackling seems related to the volume pushed from the handset to the car. It seems like the incoming sound is over-attenuated.
Can you tell me the fix for this, if there is one? Do I do something to the volume level on the phone? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth primer and phone information