0%
pay the 500
0%
take it somewhere else
0%
buy the minimal parts and have them swapped out and hope for best
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

tran problem, 500 to diagnose? alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation tran problem, 500 to diagnose? alternatives?

my D5 was flashing and I took it in, they said they wanted to charge me 500 to diagnose and take it apart, I said just fill the trans oil which was low and burning and has some particles that looked like glitter.

It had stopped working when driving for over an hour on the freeway on a very hot day. the trans was very hot and saw amd smelt burning trans oil. I had put castrol about 1 quart in a week before, that may have not helped. before I dropped it I put about 2 quarts (much of it not going into the dipstick and going on the floor because my funnel was not large enough and just about matched the hole size.

k I got the codes today, its p0780 p1750 and p1751 ,
the transmission shop wants to charge me 500 dollars to take it apart and diagnose the problem, then charge me more,
I told them I want to just check the valve body (he mentioned the correct term when I said, that's a common issue, and I want to check the speed sensors and solenoids and replace them where needed, and I want an oil change, and he pretty much laughed and me and said he wouldn't do it that, I need to find out what the problem is, I said well what if that fixes the issues, and he didn have much to say he really wanted to take it apart and get the 500 dollars.
he says theres glitter particles in the transmission oil and It was low and looked burnt. So I am thinking I had put a quart of castrol in it for honda behicles, and maybe my car didn't like it and it overheated my transmission and im hoping theres not a lot wrong with it. I don't wanna pay 500 just to find out it needs a few thigns done and a fluid change. Any opinions/ ideas? how much is a transmission from another car, and how much to install, im tired of this happening, already had a rebuild 20k miles ago. please help, what should I do, what parts can I buy and take it into a place and say, put these in, without taking out the transmission, also he said he cant change the filter, is this true?

How can I get all new oil in it without damaging it? any help appreciated!

Old 07-23-2018, 05:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btw its a 2003 cl with a rebuilt trans had these issues in past when my mother was driving it, now its my car