Intermittent front end Vibration -6MT

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent front end Vibration -6MT

Hello all, I just joined this forum to ask y’all this.
ive done extensive research and have yet to find a similar situation to base my situation off of. Here’s the story: bought my ‘03 CL-S 6MT a few weeks ago (for $1700!!!!) because it had horrendous torque steer and a wicked vibration going on under braking. I bought a full front end suspension kit and rotors as well as hubs and bearings online and installed them the other day. Had local shop press in new bearing and stuff. So the whole front end is new minus the inner tie rods and the driver LCA because couldn’t get it off lol but it’s in okay shape so that’s fine. Also had to do driver caliper and axle since they were shot but I couldn’t do pads because I needed to pay for alignment. Got her aligned and still had torque steer and low speed wobble so got a set of used tires from a reputable shop in my town and the torque steer is gone as well as wobble but I still have this intermittent vibration going down the road from time to time. I noticed, also, that when the vibration is occurring there’s like a resistance coming from the front end because when I shift I can feel the car slowing as if the calipers are stuck. But I park and try to judge by wheel heat and they seem to be the same temperature. But even then that wouldn’t explain the vibration if it was caliper, at least based on my theory, since the rotors are brand spanking new. I’m usually a beast at diagnosing front end problems but this truly has me befuddled. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Motor mounts perhaps
Old 09-17-2018, 12:35 PM
3rd Gear

I thought about that but the vibration increases with vehicle speed not engine speed. It thinking it might be passenger cv since the bearings are new. I’m hoping, if it is CV related, that it is not the intermediate shaft.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:37 PM
3rd Gear

I’m pretty sure it’s the brake hoses on the passenger side. The dragging it’s intermittent and is certainly the cause of the vibration because they occur together. Gonna diagnose those when I get the chance