Acura: Development and Technology News

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
The CTR sells itself. It seems most high performance variants of regular cars generally sell pretty well. Especially for Honda/Acura.
It's probably easier to sell a high end, high performance Civic to a potential Honda buyer than it is to sell an ILX or TLX to a potential Honda buyer. Civic Type-R seems like a fun and easy sell. If I had to go downmarket, I would certainly consider it.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:15 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Haha, the Type R has reputation and a strong following. It also helps that the CTR actually lives up to the hype and is a genuinely good car, given the price. Whereas one can easily argue that the Civic Touring is a better buy than the ILX, or the Accord Touring is a better buy than the TLX, it's hard to say the same thing about the CTR, other than its controversial looks. It performs as well, if not better, than the FoRS, while being nearly as refined and comfortable as the Golf R. It's also one of the most practical in the segment with the biggest cargo area. My newborn baby less than 2 weeks old has no trouble sleeping in the car just now.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
It's probably easier to sell a high end, high performance Civic to a potential Honda buyer than it is to sell an ILX or TLX to a potential Honda buyer. Civic Type-R seems like a fun and easy sell. If I had to go downmarket, I would certainly consider it.
based on what evidence? They haven't had a single sporty car since 08. And that cat itself sold pretty well, considering it's price point back then.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Azine Jabroni

based on what evidence? They haven't had a single sporty car since 08. And that cat itself sold pretty well, considering it's price point back then.
Just speculating. If someone is in the dealership to buy a Honda Civic, it's easier to upsell them than to convince them to buy an Acura
Old 02-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Wink Yanko Design

https://www.yankodesign.com/2018/02/...to-the-future/
An Acura-te look into the future

By Jack O'Farrell 02/08/2018

I’m a firm believer that, come the year 2025, the climate will have changed our landscape, and the utility element of the sports utility vehicle will be more needed than ever. Aggressive, in-control and safe, are attributes that are heavily needed in such a vehicle and the ACURA NEX by David Pichla & Jessica Suh gives us exactly that, and a little more. Envisioning the future of ACURA to be Autonomous, Performative and Driven, Pichla and Suh have strived to depict this through the ultimate all-weather terrain beast that is NEX.

With a similar aesthetic to a not-yet-Bladerunner-era concept, you can see yourself strapping in here and confidently tackling whatever the road ahead holds for you, especially if there is no road. The striking neon inspired headlights and taillights accentuate the unique design of this concept while keeping in line with an edgy surface design that really makes this concept pop. The higher-than-average height of the body gives the vehicle a lighter feel than most SUVs, and the wheels themselves look to have an almost indestructible appeal. For the ever-changing landscape moving forward, this is something I’m sure we could all use.

Designer: David Pichla & Jessica Suh

Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Azine Jabroni

WTF

It's a flashback to this.

The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:11 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
A giant insect on wheels.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Team Owner

WTF

It's a flashback to this.

My eyes!!! My fucking eyes are bleeding!!!!
Old 02-09-2018, 10:59 AM
Team Owner

What a dumb uh... whatever it is. There's zero clearance between the steering wheel and drivers seat. That, and you'd have to gangsta lean the whole time to even be able to drive it. If you have 6 foot long arms, that is.

why they even show shit like this, I have no idea.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:08 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
What a dumb uh... whatever it is. There's zero clearance between the steering wheel and drivers seat. That, and you'd have to gangsta lean the whole time to even be able to drive it. If you have 6 foot long arms, that is.
The future is autonomous cars, so no need to actually drive. Just lean back and enjoy the ride.

If someone needs to take over and drive, they just pull out their smartphone and use the app
Old 02-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Team Owner

I don't want to live anymore.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
fuk the future, YOLO!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
NSX reliable in Snow.

https://www.tflcar.com/2018/02/2018-...-burning-snow/
As each run ended, I eased off the accelerator and let the NSX calm down. It did so with no fuss and no muss. Even by the end of the day, after all of the journalists relentlessly beat on the NSX for several hours, no warning lights, no funny smells, no smoke. It simply went back to being a “regular” sportscar as it drove off.

This drive, more than any other drive, gave me an even higher respect of what Acura built. It was far too short and I can’t wait to drive the Acura NSX again. Well done Acura
Old 02-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Azine Jabroni

That's definitely cool, but it's also completely unrealistic for anyone to do this.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Safety Car

Arrow MotorTrend

7 Questions With Acura Boss Jon Ikeda

Mark Rechtin WordsMarch 30, 2018

Getting back to "Precision Crafted Performance"

Share this article in:

With a redesigned 2019 RDX crossover that boasts a 272-hp 2.0-liter turbo engine, a sharper suspension design, the return of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive, and a dramatically upgraded infotainment interface, Acura is on a roll. We chatted with Acura Division general manager Jon Ikeda on the sidelines of the New York auto show about the RDX and other issues facing Honda’s luxury brand.Acura vice president and general manager Jon IkedaWhat is so special about the redesigned RDX?

It’s the 1st of a new generation of Acuras to get back to our original mission of “precision crafted performance.” It’s a great car to show where we are trying to take the brand. It’s another whole level of a new car. I am confident there’s going to be a lot of people enjoying what they’re looking at and driving. When you have a 2.0-liter turbo making 272 horsepower, which is best in class, and a 10-speed transmission, and Super Handling All-Wheel Drive, then you add a humongous panel roof … there are so many touch points and features the previous RDX did well. But this is the kind of increase we want for the next TLX and MDX. That’s the kind of escalation we’re looking at.

The RDX used to share a lot of underpinnings with the Honda CR-V. Is that still the case with the redesigned 2019 version?

It’s its own platform. We always think of efficiencies, but in the end, it’s about building the right product. It’s not on the CR-V platform. It’s the 1st on a new platform. It’s the lead vehicle.

Right now A-Spec is more about trim packages. When will we see suspension and engine upgrades as part of the package?

Most of it is about getting the performance look, yet there are some enhancements. The MDX A-Spec comes with wider tires, which is good for performance, but we also want people to get that image for a reasonable cost. We have talked about the return of Type S models in the future, and we have a V-6 turbo engine coming. Those are on the horizon. But that’s separate from A-Spec. Type S will be very performance-oriented.

With its redesign, the RDX has grown yet again. And a lot of your rivals are creating new models with a smaller footprint, such as the Lexus UX. Does Acura want to go below the RDX, or do you worry that going smaller will compete with Honda? The key for us right now is focusing on our core models. And when we bring in core models, we want segment-leading core models. Then we look at, if we are playing in the premium field and it’s all trucks, not everyone is going to be able to become Range Rover. We have to have a balanced portfolio. There are still cars on the road. Balance is a good place to be. We’re a performance brand, so no matter where the market goes, our cars better drive like stink. If it’s about trucks, we’ll have the best, most fun-to-drive trucks.But to me, it’s still early days for luxury SUVs. I don’t want to drive what my dad was driving, [a heavy station wagon]. SUVs used to be big Suburbans, but now they’ve gotten smaller to the point where there is almost no utility. I own a TSX Sportwagon, and I’m always wondering, if I slam down an RDX, will I get the same handling I can get from my TSX wagon?

The NSX has been on sale for a couple years now. How would you gauge interest?

The key is build-to-order. Dealers want one in their store. Now we’re racing with Penske, we have GT3 race cars, and we have posters on the walls of dealerships. You add to that a shiny red NSX, you give a test drive, and sell an A-Spec MDX. The NSX has many purposes beyond sales. It’s a halo, a flagship.

There are several premium brands (Acura, Infiniti, Genesis, Volvo) that aren’t seen as “true” luxury, in the same category as the German brands and Lexus. But Volvo is trying to elevate to that status. Does Acura have similar ambitions? We’re focused on what Acura does. We’re a performance brand. For us, we’re 31 years old and trying to be honest with ourselves. We like the youthful energy. We’re going back to our “precision crafted performance” roots. This is not what everyone else is offering. It’s what we can bring to the forefront. Trying to pit yourselves against others is not the way to do it. If the other brands want to do that, that’s fine. I’m looking for 200,000 people to hang out with us.

So you aren’t looking to make something larger or more opulent than the MDX?

The MDX changed the dynamics of the industry. Obviously, it has done nothing but great things for our brand, and we will continue to evolve it. But we’re not thinking about doing something like everybody else is doing.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Race Director

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,026 Posts
"We have talked about the return of Type S models in the future, and we have a V-6 turbo engine coming. Those are on the horizon."

StealthTL-S (04-09-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Safety Car

Acura RLX on 19inch all season tires. the technology is now very refined.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...wd-test-review

2018 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD

Quick, comfortable, and well under the radar.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
and exclusive - less than 200 per month.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:44 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Yea, the RLX sport hybrid is a nice car and priced well for what it offers. It's decently quick and offers something unique and different than others. It's too bad it has an Acura badge and a forgettable styling.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:03 AM
08 TL type-S

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by nanxun
"We have talked about the return of Type S models in the future, and we have a V-6 turbo engine coming. Those are on the horizon."

I might be waiting for this, instead of Turbo'ing my TL-S.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 PM
08 TL type-S

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
2020 Acura TLX Type S SH-AWD will be the best Acura sedan ever

January 16, 2018

Acura TLX rear
Acura confirmed the return of the V6 Turbo and Type S trim levels (along with some other details) which means the TLX will become a straight up beast of a sedan.

Earlier last year I reported that thanks to a couple of smart cookies over at Temple of VTEC, it looked like Acura was cooking up a bespoke V6 Turbos by Acura and only for Acuras. According to Honda News in an official press release, they dropped earlier today (Jan 15, 2018) Acura confirmed that not only do they have a V6 turbo in the works, it will only be for Acura models, and they’re bringing back the Type S as well.According to Honda,Building on the direction set forth by the the twin-turbocharged V6-powered NSX supercar, Acura will introduce a new V6 turbo powerplant. The new high-performance powerplant will be exclusive to the Acura lineup and will be paired with the latest generation of Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®), which is launching in the new 2019 RDX. The new Acura Turbo V6 will make its way into multiple products in the years ahead.First, it’s refreshing to see that Acura’s halo car is actually setting some direction for the rest of the lineup. Acura’s SH-AWD system is among the best in the industry when it comes to torque vectoring in tricky situations so I’ll be keen to see how they’ve further improved it. Then there’s that V6 Turbo which will find it stuffed into multiple applications.It goes without saying, but the new V6 Turbo will obviously be faster, lighter, and more fuel efficient than the J35Y6, the latest and greatest iteration of the J-series engine.In the 2018 Acura TLX, the J35 puts out a generous 290 HP and 267 lb-ft which is presumably the peak at which Acura’s engineers feel comfortable pushing this V6 to keep reliability at Honda levels. MPG comes in at 24 combined. Add on to this news that Acura is bringing back the Type S,In addition, as part of its strengthening commitment to performance, Acura will bring back the much-heralded Type-S performance variant in the coming years. The Type-S badge last appeared on the 2008 Acura TL, which featured a track-tuned chassis, more powerful engine and brakes, high-performance tires and extensive, sports-oriented exterior and interior modifications. Like the new engine, the Type-S badge will make its way onto multiple Acura models in the future. …and you have the ingredients for Acura’s best sedan ever, the 2020 Acura TLX Type S SH-AWD model.Here’s my prediction for this awesome sedan. Acura will offer four trim levels for TLX; base, V6 Turbo, V6 Turbo A-Spec and V6 Type S. The V6 Turbo will put out something like 325 HP and 350 lb-ft, a true barn burner of an engine. But the Type S, like Type S models of yesteryear, will push that power level to a healthy 350 HP and 380 lb-ft thanks to a bit more turbo, a better exhaust, and ECU tweaks. In addition, the 2020 Acura TLX Type S SH-AWD will get better brakes and NSX inspired dynamic suspension.The 2008 Acura TL Type S was lovingly referred to as the E39 of Japan. Will the 2020 Acura TLX Type S SH-AWD be a 2020 BMW 5-series beater? I’m betting that Acura will benchmark the 5-series. It’ll turn out to be the best Acura sedan they’ve made yet.

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/01/16...ra-sedan-ever/

excellent news!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

2018 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid First Test: Flagship Charting its Way - Motor Trend

RLX test. quarter mile 13.6 sec at 101.4mph speed. Acura is one model change away from top speed luxury sedan.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:13 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
2018 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid First Test: Flagship Charting its Way - Motor Trend

RLX test. quarter mile 13.6 sec at 101.4mph speed. Acura is one model change away from top speed luxury sedan.
Because that's what people want in their luxury sedan
Old 04-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Race Director

A 2018 refresh brings a polarizing new design. I noticed it draws attention, but it’s overwhelming to the eyes if you look at it too long.
Looks too boxy for my taste. Encouraging news on the engine and powertrain, though. Waiting for the return of the Type-S models ....

Old 04-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Azine Jabroni

The body itself needs attention, but the front end isn't half bad.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Race Director

I actually think the KB1 RL looks better. But that's just me.

The following 3 users liked this post by nanxun:
Legend2TL (04-20-2018), RPhilMan1 (04-20-2018), TacoBello (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 04:08 PM
Azine Jabroni

I like that, too, but you can't really do that anymore. It's just too plain jane now.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,023 Likes on 2,501 Posts
QFT, the early 2G RL (KB1) was/is a fav of mine. Often look at CL and see really clean ones for ~$4-6K
Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Safety Car

Because that's what people want in their luxury sedan
luxury sedan is more than sum of its parts. and RLX do exact in power delivery. there is nothing like this in this class. plus getting 28mpg combined in the test. It just new Infotainment system like RDX.
“I really like the power delivery on this thing,” associate road test editor Erick Ayapana said. “It’s smooth and linear, and it feels quicker than its acceleration numbers suggest
Old 04-30-2018, 06:56 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb CarBuzz

https://carbuzz.com/news/this-is-how-acura-s-boss-will-make-the-brand-for-enthusiasts-again

This Is How Acura's Boss Will Make The Brand For Enthusiasts Again

20.5KViews
Acura's Jon Ikeda can't wait for Type S and to watch aftermarket to attack new RDX crossover.
As Acura regains its mojo with stunning designs that ditch the lambasted shield grille affixed to previous-generation models, many fans of the Japanese luxury brand still pine for the return of storied models such as the Legend and Integra. Acura may not be far off the mark of those historical models as it pushes its products more toward performance segments, but what product could capture the attention and fervor of buyers like the Integra of yore? We recently spoke with Acura's Jon Ikeda to ask him about the brand's future plans.In an interview with CarBuzz, Ikeda, general manager and vice president of Acura Division for American Honda Motor Company, explained how the brand plans to win the hearts and minds of enthusiasts again—and it starts with going back to its roots. “It didn't take long at our company to ask, ‘Hey, what were we known for?’” Ikeda explained regarding Acura's resurgence. “You talk to any enthusiast about Acura and they’re going to start talking about Integras and Legend coupes and the old NSX. That’s where our heart is.” Ikeda, a 28-year designer and Acura's latest boss, has some bold plans, 1 of which is to bring back Type S models.“It can't come soon enough,” he said. “We’re selling race cars now—GT3 NSXs. This brand sells race cars. All that is in our roots. That’s where our DNA is. That’s where the whole transformation is starting to happen—and we wanted to do it quickly. So we came out with the Precision Concept that’s a lot edgier, a lot more performance oriented. We brought A-Spec in and brought the performance up. And we announced Type-S is in the future for us. All of those things are coming together as quickly as possible for us.” Still, it won't be just A-Spec and S-Type models receiving performance bits. Ikeda wants to make performance a core tenant of the brand by learning from Integra.“1 of the things you can look at is that there’s some Integra goodness here [in the RDX]. Its performance is at the heart of everything that we’re doing. The enjoyment of driving these things … there used to be a big gap between a truck and what an Integra could offer. But with torque vectoring and turbo engines. All of those things coming together, there’s a lot of goodness you can draw out from a performance ” While the Acura boss didn't give much comment on an RDX Type S beyond “never say never,” he does want the aftermarket to get its hands dirty with the new crossover—something that used to happen with Acuras of the past.“What would happen if we slammed this car down? I don’t know. But there’s a lot of goodness in here for a lot of people to think about. I think people are going to get creative. I hope they do. I hope to see someone do something like that because that’s the way it was in the past. People weren’t shy about doing something to their cars.” That doesn't mean Acura will only be about crossovers. Ikeda believes there's a place for cars in the brand's future. “We’re focused on revamping a nice, balanced portfolio. If we just do what everyone says—‘Cars are dead! Trucks are the future!’—everything will turn into a Range Rover and that will be it.”Acura's newest model, the Ohio-built 2019 RDX revealed at the 2018 New York Auto Show, will go on sale mid-way through this year.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:34 AM
Team Owner

That's kind of a cool article. A bit "overly polished" in some areas, but, still exciting news for Acura's future. They finally get it!

Also: That is one sick looking Integra GS-R
Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^Jury's still out!
the thing about talk is.....it's cheap

lets wait till the product is in everyones hands and let the people be the judge about Honda getting it's groove back.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Team Owner

I don't disagree. It looks like they're making leaps and bounds, but you're right, let's wait for the reviews to start coming in first.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Honda Profits Soar 72% in 2018; Maker Predicts 2019 Drop | TheDetroitBureau.com
Honda Profits Soar 72% in 2018; Maker Predicts 2019 Drop

Honda has $10b profit in 2018 despite introducing so many new technologies.

The technology implementation is impressive.
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/30/...k-spin-review/
OK, so now, the electric nitty gritty. I managed to go 52.9 miles on a full charge during my 72-mile evaluation drive that consists of some city driving, twisty mountain roads, and rural highway. That beats the EPA's estimate of 48 miles, and given that my driving route doesn't exactly cater to electric cars, color me impressed. I also was NOT using the Clarity's Eco mode, so I theoretically could've done even better. My only other plug-in hybrid data point – the BMW 530e – went only 10.8 miles on electricity alone versus the EPA's estimate of 15.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:19 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I'd definitely considering a RDX Type S if they make one with SH-AWD and 3.0T! Already loving the exterior and interior (saw it in person!).
Old 07-30-2018, 09:36 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb AutoNews

http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...180729802/1128

Acura RDX signals return to performance heritage

July 30, 2018 @ 12:01 am
The redesigned RDX compact crossover, shown in the A-Spec trim, went on sale in June.Send us a Letter
Have an opinion about this story? Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor, and we may publish it in print.

Acura’s rededication to its performance heritage came full circle this year with the debut of the redesigned 2019 RDX crossover. The spry RDX, which hit dealerships in June, signals the styling and engineering direction that upcoming Acura models will follow. Early sales returns for the RDX have been encouraging and highlight the “pent-up” demand and “energy” surrounding the brand, says Acura General Manager Jon Ikeda. While the brand preps the next redesign that embodies its “precision-crafted performance” mantra, Acura will have to make do with a batch of freshened models alongside the RDX.

ILX: A freshening is expected for the 2019 model year for the entry-level sedan. Reports say the next model’s grille will be in line with Acura’s new look that ditches the beak.

TLX: After introducing the 2018 TLX with the sporty A-Spec appearance package on its V6 model, Acura expanded the A-Spec line to include its 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder models. The TLX, Acura’s top-selling sedan, could use a bolt of energy, with year-to-date sales through June down 11 percent. A redesign could hit the market for the 2020 model, with a possible freshening for 2023 version.

RLX: Acura’s freshened luxury flagship arrived in showrooms in November with new front and rear styling that Acura says is inspired by its new design direction and its signature diamond pentagon grille. The large sedan is touted as the most powerful Acura outside of the NSX supercar. Acura says the RLX comes with a more sculpted hood, new wheel designs, redesigned LED taillights, exposed dual exhaust finishers and gloss black rear diffuser. A redesign is expected for the 2020 model year.
RDX: The redesigned RDX, which went on sale in June, is the first Acura to be rebuilt from the ground up since the brand re-embraced performance as a styling, engineering and marketing cue. In its 1st few weeks on the market, Acura said, approximately 70 percent of 2019 RDX sales were all-wheel-drive models and 50 percent were the top-of-the-line A-Spec and Advance trims. Acura says the compact crossover is conquesting customers from European brands as intended. A Type-S variant could hit the streets in 2020, in addition to a hybrid about a year later. The standard model would be in line for modest updates around 2022. MDX: The freshened 2019 model went on sale this month, complete with the midsize crossover’s first A-Spec variant. The MDX got a significant design update in 2017 with a new front clip and optional hybrid powertrain. The Sport Hybrid version is due for an August release. A redesign is on the slate for the 2020 model.

NSX: The flashy supercar is perched atop the Acura lineup as an inspiration for the rest of its vehicles. NSX cues are dropped into other vehicles. For instance, the dial in the RDX’s center console that switches between driving modes came from the NSX. The automaker has tried to draw connections from the NSX to the rest of the lineup in its recent marketing. A freshening may happen for the 2019 model year. The NSX is not a huge seller, but an analyst expects Acura to keep making it for a while.You can reach Vince Bond Jr. at vbond@crain.com -- Follow Vince on Twitter: @VinceBond86

Old 11-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

some of the less known qualities of NSX 2019.
https://www.tflcar.com/2018/11/2019-...rmance-review/
Handling is awesome and forget about shuffling hands about on the wheel. You can conquer turns simply by turning with hands in a fixed position.

The individual settings also deliver a wide range of tunable sound levels. There’s actually a 25 decibel range between Quiet and Track modes.
The ride quality is forgiving, with Magnetorheological dampers at each corner. Railroad track crossings and bumps in the road are barely noticeable.

The Launch control is the smoothest I’ve encountered to date, with no complicated process or settings to fiddle with. There’s no sensation of strain on the running gear. In fact, you can repeat the process over and over again with no ill effects.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
some of the less known qualities of NSX 2019.
This just in: $200,000 car has good qualities

TacoBello (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
I am not even sure of some of those qualities are Good qualities for a performance super car.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
I am not even sure of some of those qualities are Good qualities for a performance super car.
Seems like they're all configurable

Quick Reply: Acura: Development and Technology News