2G CL Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Radio Code Solution Here! 3G Garage #I-091

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Radio Code Solution Here! 3G Garage #I-091

Ok, got my new AEM intake in the other day, and decided to install it. No big deal right? Disconnected the battery... yada yada, (intake installation noises here) anyway, intake install went perfect, no hangups at all. Got battery reconnected, and my radio is flashing "Code... Code...Code" so i figured what the hell, it's in the glove box... Two cards there, with two different codes/serial numbers...

Tried both cards, NOTHING. Error messages one after another. Called dealer out west since time was late and they're behind us on the east. He said I'd have to bring the car in, $90 to tear out the HU to get the serial number off the back... BS!

I let it be over night, too pissed to work on it any longer...

Today, i awake with a brilliant idea. Call Acura customer care and let them know how stupid this whole idea was... the man on the phone said he couldnt get me my code but could show me some way to help me out... He said, lemme look here in the manual and see what i can find... here were his instructions...

1. Turn the ignition to "on".
2. Turn the radio off. (make sure u haven't exhausted ur error tries, if you have, disconnect battery, wait 1 min and then check to see if "code" is displayed on radio)
3. Press and hold buttons 1 and 6 down.
4. While holding those two buttons, press the "power" button on the radio.

The unit will display four numbers and then change to another set of four numbers. THAT IS THE SERIAL NUMBER OFF THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT! Just call a local dealer and give them that serial number, they can look it up online and tell you the code in seconds! I did it this morning and the guy at customer service saved me $90! I was and still am really pissed that the dealer is doing this to people still when they obviously know that there is a walk around. I would LOVE to call up a local news station and have hidden cameras in on this when the dealer "takes out my head unit" to check that serial number... I can understand a $10 service charge for locating your serial number, no probs there, that's honest money, but when you take out almost a new Benjamin out of my pocket, now i'm getting pissed...

I searched all through these threads hoping that SOMEONE out there could help me and unfortunately i didnt find anything. I hope this thread spreads quickly so that people everywhere can stop being ripped off day in and day out from their dealers. That's BULL!
The following users liked this post:
dbullet22 (08-29-2013)
Old 05-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Great Info. This thread should be moved to DIY.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awsome, Just needed this info
Old 05-27-2005, 10:20 PM
That's Racist

awesome. Best fix ever.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,774 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Don't need this now but may some day. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:41 PM
buy my car

that seems very shady of acura/honda. did they think this info would never leak out-not that it saves you thousands or something.

very interisting and a good find
Old 05-28-2005, 02:15 AM
Instructor

same thing happened to me. Sorry I didnt read your thread I could of helped you out. But yeah 90 for that... bullshit. Good thing you saved that money.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Pro

Great Find-- I sincerely believe the dealer did not have a clue that this could be done. You ought to write to Acura and praise the guy that helped you. That was great service.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

cool.... very useful...

thanks for the info..
Old 05-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Glad they helped you out, but just to let you know, it's been posted here long time ago! Like they say, search is your friend!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 03 CL TypeS
Glad they helped you out, but just to let you know, it's been posted here long time ago! Like they say, search is your friend!
I hear ya, glad they helped me. Search is a great thing, trust me, i searched and searched, but no one had it blunt like the title to my post did. I posted just to share the info with others w ho might be in need.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Mods, this should be archived
Old 05-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 03 CL TypeS

.. I have NEVER seen this posted before.... Please show me what thread on Acurazine you seen this information posted in!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Intermediate

thanks a bunch... i'm hoping this will help me out. i just got the serial number and will be calling the dalership tomorrow to get my codes.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:32 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Check post number 39ish Smitty

Hope this helps, 03 CL TypeS
Old 05-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Six, Six Bats.

Perfect... Thanks. Now find a way to remove stuck CD's!!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:12 AM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,774 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Originally Posted by lord botox
Perfect... Thanks. Now find a way to remove stuck CD's!!

hammer?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Check post number 39ish Smitty

Hope this helps, 03 CL TypeS
Thanks man, I didn't feel like searching for it again!
Old 05-31-2005, 03:14 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

You're welcome! Love the car, too.. I have an 02 TL-P, and if I didn't need an automatic, I wanted a car exactly like your's (color and all).
Old 05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

You're welcome! Love the car, too.. I have an 02 TL-P, and if I didn't need an automatic, I wanted a car exactly like your's (color and all).
Thanks, and by the way, they make my car in automatic too!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:14 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I'm sorry, I meant to say "Automatic four-door". I have a coupe already, an 05 Accord V6 in SMR, and I needed a four-door to go with it.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm sorry, I meant to say "Automatic four-door". I have a coupe already, an 05 Accord V6 in SMR, and I needed a four-door to go with it.
Well then... seems like you already got the best of both worlds !
Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitty
.. I have NEVER seen this posted before.... Please show me what thread on Acurazine you seen this information posted in!!!!!!!!!!!
It's also in this pdf file that I saved from a-cl.com awhile ago...

http://john-perry.com/acurazine/docu..._new_items.pdf
Old 04-17-2007, 01:09 AM
w202 on carlssons

Bumping This Back Up!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Just login to Acura's Owners Link: http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com and once you've setup your account and entered your vin, the code will display in the "My CL" page:

Code:
 VIN: 19UYA41693A008866  
 Trim: TYPE S 6 Speed Manual  
 Ext. Color: San Marino Red  
 Int. Color: Parchment  
 Radio Code: 41425 3000xxxx
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
ridin slow'n'low

I recently bought my CL and the original owner lost the radio code card.

I found my radio serial # on the outside of my glove compartment. It consisted of 2 letters and 6 numbers.

I took that to the honda dealer that's a few minutes from my house. The guy there plugged it in, and then wrote me the 5 digit radio code on a piece of paper.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Just login to Acura's Owners Link: http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com and once you've setup your account and entered your vin, the code will display in the "My CL" page:

Code:
 VIN: 19UYA41693A008866  
 Trim: TYPE S 6 Speed Manual  
 Ext. Color: San Marino Red  
 Int. Color: Parchment  
 Radio Code: 41425 3000xxxx

Actually, i found that upon registering, you are prompted to enter your radio code for future reference. If you are a second or third owner, pray that your car wasnt already registered to a different user login.

Best thing to do is use the 1-6 button trick to get the headunit s/n and ring up your local dealer.

Good luck...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by vtec2fastforu
Ok, got my new AEM intake in the other day, and decided to install it. No big deal right? Disconnected the battery... yada yada, (intake installation noises here) anyway, intake install went perfect, no hangups at all. Got battery reconnected, and my radio is flashing "Code... Code...Code" so i figured what the hell, it's in the glove box... Two cards there, with two different codes/serial numbers...

Tried both cards, NOTHING. Error messages one after another. Called dealer out west since time was late and they're behind us on the east. He said I'd have to bring the car in, $90 to tear out the HU to get the serial number off the back... BS!

Today, i awake with a brilliant idea. Call Acura customer care and let them know how stupid this whole idea was... the man on the phone said he couldnt get me my code but could show me some way to help me out... He said, lemme look here in the manual and see what i can find... here were his instructions...

2. Turn the radio off. (make sure u haven't exhausted ur error tries, if you have, disconnect battery, wait 1 min and then check to see if "code" is displayed on radio)

The unit will display four numbers and then change to another set of four numbers. THAT IS THE SERIAL NUMBER OFF THE BACK OF THE HEAD UNIT! Just call a local dealer and give them that serial number, they can look it up online and tell you the code in seconds! I did it this morning and the guy at customer service saved me $90! I was and still am really pissed that the dealer is doing this to people still when they obviously know that there is a walk around. I would LOVE to call up a local news station and have hidden cameras in on this when the dealer "takes out my head unit" to check that serial number... I can understand a $10 service charge for locating your serial number, no probs there, that's honest money, but when you take out almost a new Benjamin out of my pocket, now i'm getting pissed...

I searched all through these threads hoping that SOMEONE out there could help me and unfortunately i didnt find anything. I hope this thread spreads quickly so that people everywhere can stop being ripped off day in and day out from their dealers. That's BULL!
7/17/2008 2:07PM EST

I just did all of the above and still I have a very quite car. So what I have been told is A: Go to the Acura dealer and send the head back to the Acura Mother Land to have the head unit reset. B: Get a new head unit (after market) and wet sand the dash kit. Or C: Give the local crack head Tyrone Biggums for $50 bucks to steel it and set the som-bitch on fire! I really like C but I think I'll go with B.

I can't believe no one here works for an Acura dealer!

Is there any one else having this problem?

Peace!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:14 PM
RENO HIGH ROLLER

OR TRY THIS!!!!!
open your hood... pull off your fuse box cover... the code should be there!
...at least MINE was...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM
2 Wheeled Hondas R fun 2

Call a dealer and give them the vin # they can tell you where the vehical was originally purchased, then you need to call that dealer they should have it on file.

thats what i did.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Need for Speed

Originally Posted by vtec2fastforu

Awesome... but you can also pull the code off from underneath the glove box, if its not there on the side of the glove box it should have the radio code typed onto a sticker. This is usually where it is. Also another way is pulling the VIN, calling the acura service dept and they can also give it to you that way. But I assume this way works too.. im guessing the radio might have been upgraded and it wasnt the same code and it wasnt given to the original owner... assuming that you are not the original owner.
KUDOS!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Some notes I'm adding....

1 - Some dealers will not give you the radio code over the phone unless you bring the car to them.
2 - Those stickers that are supposed to be applied to the glove box area that has the code are not always there. Those were not factory, the selling dealer put those stickers there.
3 - Calling a dealer with the vin # will not yield a radio code. Codes were done by radio serial number only.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 PM
10th Gear

thanks a FUCKING MILLION !!!!!!! Just got a 01 CL-S last week, i changed the battery and started freakin out, thank you
Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
10th Gear

wow, the cunts at the acura dealership here say they cant pull it with that serial number ! They told me i have to come in and pull the deck out.. :@
Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM
8th Gear

thanx man. definately saved me time and money
Old 01-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NNJ01CL
Call a dealer and give them the vin # they can tell you where the vehical was originally purchased, then you need to call that dealer they should have it on file.

thats what i did.

me too.

i dont know why u having probs with same.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Instructor

wow cool thanks!!!! sucked i had to read so many posts before i got this one.
this should be a sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:11 PM
G.uns O.n D.emand

Originally Posted by greenmonster
just login to acura's owners link: http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com and once you've setup your account and entered your vin, the code will display in the "my cl" page:

Code:
 vin: 19UYA41693A008866  
 trim: Type s 6 speed manual  
 ext. Color: San marino red  
 int. Color: Parchment  
 radio code: 41425 3000xxxx
hallaleua....hallaleua!!!! That was easy!!! Thank you so much!!!!! This is all you need to do to get your own code...fuck the dealers!!!!