Best bored TB and 3.5/4 inch intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Best bored TB and 3.5/4 inch intake

Looking for recommendations for a larger throttle body and 3.5 or 4 inch intake with filter. It's for my CLS6.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:28 AM
I broke what now??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been considering a larger TB as well since I just put on ported/polished runners. As for the intake, why not make one? Scroll to the bottom of the linked thread and there are pictures of the first version of my 4" intake. All it takes is buying the adapters and making the cuts and deburring the edges. I used fittings from auto parts stores and home depot and ordered the tubes, clamps, and elbow/couplers online. I also added a 10 or 11 inch K&N filter, the intake noise sounds great, you can hear every bit of air the car sucks up even over the noise of my nonexistent mufflers.

Do you plan on boring out the intake manifold where the TB hooks up as well so you can take full advantage of the increased airflow? I know I would do that one with my dremel and some dial calipers.
What about the throttle body spacer, will you be keeping it or getting it bored to match?

If I don't forget I will get a picture of the finished intake, I ditched the red elbow for a stronger black one and made a new upper tube (tb to elbow) using hose fittings machined so they don't stick out and affect airflow. I also cut angles into the tubes and added a bevel on them inside the elbow to keep the air traveling through smoothly, whether it helps or not, I don't know but would like to think so.

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...e-cl-s-944467/

Last edited by tgrubbe; 07-12-2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: added the link
Old 07-21-2017, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I had it done and it should be ready today. I had to get a fuel pressure regulator and a part to modify the a/f ratio. Also had the 4 inch intake custom made. Will provide pics and specs