New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Yep, another newbie...

Old 09-04-2018, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, another newbie...

Hey All, Yep, new here. Just discovered this place.

Recently purchased a 2015 MDX Adv/Ent package for my wife. I've owned a number of Honda products over the years (think around 10 counting dirt bikes) including 2 other Acuras (Integra and TL). Work in the PC Tech Sector (yep, tech geek) as an Engineer and travel a lot for work (over 1.5M miles to date). Currently live in Seattle area but my home is still Austin TX. Grew up in So. Cal. Been married now for 30+ years and have 2 kids and an awesome granddaughter. While I love my kids, I have discovered that Grandkids are way more awesome. Enjoy a lot of outdoor activities including camping in our Teardrop trailer, riding off road (motorcycles and SxS), boating, etc. and learning to smoke meat.

Look forward to hanging and chatting with folks.

Regards,
JavaJack
Old 09-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 645 Likes on 347 Posts
Welcome. But the MDX group isn't the chattiest
Old 09-08-2018, 10:55 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all,

I’m a Senior member in the 8thcivic forum. I recently got married and moved from Orange County to Los Angeles county, and now live in a nice house. (No more apartments for me.).

We we are planning to have kids, and my 4 door Civic Si that lowered on Neuspeed Sport springs and Konis is just too low for my Filipino wife when she get pregnant. She also has a stiff neck, and the roads in Los Angeles are TERRIBLE and bumpy. So, the lowered car on stiff 440lbs rear springs and a wife with a sensitive neck is a bad combination.

I’m looking to replace the Civic once it’s paid off in a few months. I’m hoping to take the cash from the sale of the civic and buy a TL Type-S.

My question is: What is the ride quality like in an unmolested TL type-S?? I want an automatic transmission car, that handsome looking, a pleasure to drive, and ridiculously reliable. And in the price range of $10k, I don’t think there’s a more practical family sedan that will put a smile on my face.

If anyone can offer any suggestions and honest guidance about this platform is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

OMGOrangeSi, - Tommy