New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Happy to be here

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy to be here

Hi, I'm Juju

We fell in love with Acura TLs about six years ago
when we started shopping for the most safe, reliable, and dependable used cars to put new driving teens in. They drive so smoothly and powerfully, and I was in love with them after driving just one day. We found that the first and second generations were quite reasonably priced. We purchased a third Acura two years ago, an RSX, to replace the TL our older son slowly slid under a school bus in the parking lot on a cold and slippery winter day, at 20 below zero. Not a scratch on him, mission accomplished and we will forever be devoted to Acuras.

Now our last child is gerting his license this month. So this past January we purchased a 1997 2.5 TL that had only 90,040 miles on it after 20 years, and a Carfax report to die for. Every four months like clockwork the sole owner took the Acura to either a Honda or Acura service center for maintenance or oil changes. It has some rust on the two back wheel wells, and doesn't look as pretty without tinted windows, (on a black car it looks like something a 95-year old drives, or cars from the 70s. 😂 ) It also doesn't feel as powerful and meaty as the 3.2 6-cyls we owned, but that's not such a bad thing when a teen boy is driving it. LOL

We'll be looking for help and advice with this 1997 TL in other areas of the forum, since we have some things that we are wondering about and other
repair questions. I'm glad there is a nice place to go with helpful and knowledgeable members that love Acuras as much as we do.

Juju