2016 Acura ILX RV6-P Downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Thmanx
So 3 days if drivingi was able to accumulate enough drive cycles. Pulled the P0420 code.

So tomorrow il be backing the defouler out another 2 turns (4turns total) to see if it's enough to taper the exhaust flow and make the ECU happy... As well aa check for any exhaust leaks.
Did you ever get the CEL issue sorted out with your RV6 downpipe?

I'm getting ready to order one for my 2016 ILX. But I keep getting mixed reviews about the Defouler. Some say it keeps the CEL away. And some say it doesn't.

Any thoughts from your personal experience?
Old 02-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts
Yeah the it works. Takes a few tries and adjustments over the course of a week or two. But just use your OBDII code reader when ever you get a CEL and adjust until its good.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some Comparison photos I took today during the install of my Ceramic Silver PCD.

All and all this thing looks great, performs great, fits great, everything great. Just get one folks.
So you got yours ceramic coated? What is the benefit of the coating? reduced temps?
Old 11-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Racer

I did it mainly for the looks. I wanted it to look fresh and new for years to come. And I like how the Ceramic Finish blends in well the the aluminum of the head.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Cruisin'

I did it mainly for the looks. I wanted it to look fresh and new for years to come. And I like how the Ceramic Finish blends in well the the aluminum of the head.
Thank you for the reply! Somebody above you mentioned increased vibrations. Are you getting that as well? How is it for a daily driver? Did it increase the sound?
Old 11-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Racer

Vibrations? Nah. There's nothing structural about the PCD vs the actual CAT.
Once you sort out the proper depth for your defouler your pretty much set.

Sound wise? Yeah it definitely changed the sound, and thankfully in a good way (UNLIKE how say a test-pipe might sound on an older honda with lots of ugly rasp)
I noticed it actually made the induction sound of my AEM intake much more noticeable, Especially between gear changes (gives it an almost turbo/blow off valve sound for me), and makes the VTEC crossover more notciable, much more like a K24 Si, or OG TSX.
You can also hear some mild exhaust burbles when you down shift at high revs which is cool.

So sound is definitely a Win, as well as the perceived power gains. My butt-dyno noticed more of a change adding the PCD then the AEM intake I installed a few months before that. Now that there is also a KTuner flash for this setup and PCD, its even better.
I don't have the tune yet, but everyone says good things about it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thmanx:
MegaManILX (11-05-2018), The6ix (07-08-2019)
Old 11-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs up

Sound wise? Yeah it definitely changed the sound, and thankfully in a good way (UNLIKE how say a test-pipe might sound on an older honda with lots of ugly rasp)
I noticed it actually made the induction sound of my AEM intake much more noticeable, Especially between gear changes (gives it an almost turbo/blow off valve sound for me), and makes the VTEC crossover more notciable, much more like a K24 Si, or OG TSX.
You can also hear some mild exhaust burbles when you down shift at high revs which is cool.

So sound is definitely a Win, as well as the perceived power gains. My butt-dyno noticed more of a change adding the PCD then the AEM intake I installed a few months before that. Now that there is also a KTuner flash for this setup and PCD, its even better.
Well, you've basically sold me completely on this setup. I think I'm going to go the cold air intake route and probably get the ingen cold air intake. I had one for years on my EP3 and never once had an issue. I think i will order my PCD in the ceramic black to match the black intake for a more subdued look under the hood. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MegaManILX
Well, you've basically sold me completely on this setup. I think I'm going to go the cold air intake route and probably get the ingen cold air intake. I had one for years on my EP3 and never once had an issue. I think i will order my PCD in the ceramic black to match the black intake for a more subdued look under the hood. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions!
Yeah no problem. The RV-6 PCD is an amazing mod, for looks, sound, and performance gains to boot. Especially when you compare the horrible angle the OEM cat bends right before the head, its no wonder there is power to be gained. The poor exhaust has to do a like a 120* turn!

Just make sure you get both kinds of O2 sensor removal tools (one that is a long socket with an opening, and the other stubby one that connects to a wrench. As you'll need those to install properly.
And the top O2 sensor can be a little pain with that metal washer thing it has on it, but I took some metal-snips to it and cut it off for a cleaner look.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah no problem. The RV-6 PCD is an amazing mod, for looks, sound, and performance gains to boot. Especially when you compare the horrible angle the OEM cat bends right before the head, its no wonder there is power to be gained. The poor exhaust has to do a like a 120* turn!

Just make sure you get both kinds of O2 sensor removal tools (one that is a long socket with an opening, and the other stubby one that connects to a wrench. As you'll need those to install properly.
And the top O2 sensor can be a little pain with that metal washer thing it has on it, but I took some metal-snips to it and cut it off for a cleaner look.
Not only the bend, but you can actually see the light going through on the PCD compared to the stock cat which has so much material to catch all the pollutants. I'm sure I could do the install myself, but part of me wants to have it done by a shop with a dyno so we can get some hard numbers. I haven't seen many dyno sheets for the 16+ ILX, so I want to take that plunge. In a perfect world, I would love to do 4. A base run, with intake, with PCD and with Ktuner. The problem is that there aren't many shops near me so I would have to go to northern CA.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MegaManILX
Not only the bend, but you can actually see the light going through on the PCD compared to the stock cat which has so much material to catch all the pollutants. I'm sure I could do the install myself, but part of me wants to have it done by a shop with a dyno so we can get some hard numbers. I haven't seen many dyno sheets for the 16+ ILX, so I want to take that plunge. In a perfect world, I would love to do 4. A base run, with intake, with PCD and with Ktuner. The problem is that there aren't many shops near me so I would have to go to northern CA.

Ohh yes please do that 4 way dyno.

All we've got now are some ones by intake manufactures (which are kinda bogus), and the ones KTuner posted.

It be great to see a full stock, intaked, then PCD'd, and finaly tune print out. That way we can see a real change from base configuration. DO IT
Old 11-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I’m also considering getting this and waiting to see if rv6 will have a Black Friday sale.

For those that have the pcd, are you getting a CEL all the time?

thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by aksilx
I’m also considering getting this and waiting to see if rv6 will have a Black Friday sale.

For those that have the pcd, are you getting a CEL all the time?

thanks
When I had my race header on my EP3, I used a spark plug defouler to put some distance between my O2 sensor and the header to mimic the reduced airflow that would result from having a catalytic converter installed. I wonder if something similar could be done with this. It was an incredibly easy fix to keep the CEL from coming on.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Racer

The RV-6 PCD's come with said defouler.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you post a few clips from inside of the car - I'd love to see what it sounds like! It ould be sick to have a burble.

cheers.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by neildam
Can you post a few clips from inside of the car - I'd love to see what it sounds like! It ould be sick to have a burble.

cheers.

I would also love to hear a sound clip of this!
Old 03-24-2019, 12:30 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone been on the Dyno with intake, down pipe, exhaust and flashed/tuned?
The following users liked this post:
The6ix (07-08-2019)
Old 05-17-2022, 05:20 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here looking to sell there rv6 downpipe it seems to be discontinued from rv6