1st real rainstorm, yesterday; car handled like a champ
The grip was outstanding; handling ditto; no hydroplaning; just great traction
Highway was partially saturated; no matter; zipped right through
New suspension, & electric steering, probably contribute, as well
No complaints, from me
Old 02-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I have these tires on my TL and I think the polar opposite of them. They howl like crazy when you push them at all and feel like they have spongy sidewalls. I'm surprised you like them, they're a greenx tire designed for good fuel economy and not sporty at all as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I share the same opinion with wreak regarding the tires I have on my TL. It's more of a touring tire than performance tire. Even then, they are not that smooth and quiet.

I recently replaced them with the Pirrelli Cinturato P7 AS+. These are a lot more comfortable as the reviews have been saying. For my size, it's way cheaper ($150 vs. $250) so it was a no brainer for me. But for more performance oriented, I'd probably go with Pilot Sport PS3 AS+, or Pirelli Zero AS+ (the new one), or the Continental DWS06.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
I have had experience with both the MXM4 and the Cinturato P7 AS+, not on my car though. I personally prefer the Pirelli tires.

I recently debated putting the Pirelli on my TLX, but opted for the A/S 3+. No regrets, they're a very quiet tire, handle awesome in both dry and wet, and they make the TLX feel more responsive. They're not cheap, but they're worth the investment.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I have the 18" MXM4 and they're a definite improvement over the stock tires. They're not going to give you great grip from jackrabbit starts since they're GT/All Season tires, and you'll be able to screech them, but they offer better handling and traction than the OEM tires I had. Gas mileage on the car remained very good. From what I recall, the noise was maybe about the same or a bit less than the OEM tires. I've put almost 39,000 miles on this set and am about ready to get a new set in the next couple of months. The wear on these tires has been very good -- still have plenty of tread left on them. FYI : most of my driving currently is 55-75+ mph (maybe 70%). I may go with another set of GT's and get the Michelin Premieres if Discount Tire can get some. I doubt I'll go with anything sportier like the Pilot AS/3's or anything, since I still have one of the transmissions from hell on this car, so I don't drive overly-aggressive. If you're looking to drive aggressively, I'd stay away from any of the GT tires, but for what they are and promise, the MXM4's are a good tire, though I think they've been out for a while now.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dezymond
I have had experience with both the MXM4 and the Cinturato P7 AS+, not on my car though. I personally prefer the Pirelli tires.

I recently debated putting the Pirelli on my TLX, but opted for the A/S 3+. No regrets, they're a very quiet tire, handle awesome in both dry and wet, and they make the TLX feel more responsive. They're not cheap, but they're worth the investment.
Me too. The A/S 3+ are the best Michelins I've owned. Much better than the MSM4's...and I've had them on many new Acura's. I have an '18 A-Spec and I love the way they ride, handle and are quiet. Makes the cost totally
worth it.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Me too. The A/S 3+ are the best Michelins I've owned. Much better than the MSM4's...and I've had them on many new Acura's. I have an '18 A-Spec and I love the way they ride, handle and are quiet. Makes the cost totally
worth it.
I think the A/S 3+ were a cheaper tire as well, compared to the MXM4s. Although the tires are on completely different cars, I feel the A/S 3+ respond better (as they should) and are just as quiet. The ride doesn't feel as "floaty" either imo.