Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim - BWP

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim - BWP

Hey all,
I know a few of you have done this already but thought i'd just throw up some pics from what I worked on yesterday. First time doing any vinyl wrapping for me but after a trail run on an area I got used to it and it wasn't too bad. Just had to be careful with the exacto knife/blade when trimming off the excess vinyl.

I think it turned out decently, might have to redo the top trim around the passenger front window. I noticed 3G TLs have glossy black trim around the windows standard, and I wanted to emulate that look as I think it looks clean on BWP.

Also just installed front splash guards, will do the rears tonight or tomorrow.
Then hopefully soon I'll be able to order some rims... contemplating 19" VMR V803 or TSW Genevas.
Attached Thumbnails Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim - BWP-img_2845.jpg   Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim - BWP-img_2884.jpg   Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim - BWP-img_2885.jpg   Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim - BWP-img_2887.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Nice! Looks great!
I tried this with trim black out tape and failed miserably lol.
I am debating having a shop wrap mine in Vinyl and have been quoted between $125-$150 or if I want to have it plastidipped, just in case I feel like peeling it away later.

Excellent work!

The following users liked this post:
E90 Skye (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Nice! Looks great!
I tried this with trim black out tape and failed miserably lol.
I am debating having a shop wrap mine in Vinyl and have been quoted between $125-$150 or if I want to have it plastidipped, just in case I feel like peeling it away later.

Excellent work!

haha thanks, don't worry if you look closely you'll advise me to go get it done professionally too lol.
I thought about doing the grill but after looking at all the subtle angles etc on that thing I'm with you, going the pro route if I decide that I want that blacked out.
The following users liked this post:
VMRWheels (03-22-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by E90 Skye
Hey all,
I know a few of you have done this already but thought i'd just throw up some pics from what I worked on yesterday. First time doing any vinyl wrapping for me but after a trail run on an area I got used to it and it wasn't too bad. Just had to be careful with the exacto knife/blade when trimming off the excess vinyl.

I think it turned out decently, might have to redo the top trim around the passenger front window. I noticed 3G TLs have glossy black trim around the windows standard, and I wanted to emulate that look as I think it looks clean on BWP.

Also just installed front splash guards, will do the rears tonight or tomorrow.
Then hopefully soon I'll be able to order some rims... contemplating 19" VMR V803 or TSW Genevas.

You didn't have to take the trim off did you? You just stuck the vinyl on there and cut off excess and pushed the vinyl in through the cracks?

Would you do the same if you were to vinyl wrap the front chrome accent right above the fog lights? Or would you take off that piece?
Old 03-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sillyjav
You didn't have to take the trim off did you? You just stuck the vinyl on there and cut off excess and pushed the vinyl in through the cracks?

Would you do the same if you were to vinyl wrap the front chrome accent right above the fog lights? Or would you take off that piece?
Correct, didn't take off the trim but cut excess off and made sure there was a tiny bit leftover to push into the cracks, used a squeegee with felt end, and heat gun/hair dryer to heat up the vinyl enough to stretch it and help it stick.

Not sure about the front chrome strips, haven't done that yet.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by E90 Skye
Correct, didn't take off the trim but cut excess off and made sure there was a tiny bit leftover to push into the cracks, used a squeegee with felt end, and heat gun/hair dryer to heat up the vinyl enough to stretch it and help it stick.

Not sure about the front chrome strips, haven't done that yet.
The top of the trim peice seems easy to push vinyl inbetween but it looks like the black plastic on the bottom part of the trim seems like a hard plastic. How did u squeeze vinyl thru between the trim and bottom black plastic peice?
Old 03-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks so much better! I will do mine.