Smartphone Mirroring in TLX

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Rommel Orellana
It's on my TLX
Such a short answer.

I feel like I am being teased at a very slow strip-show.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile replicate mirroring

Originally Posted by djsteve
How did you arrive at this menu? What steps did you take? Can you reproduce it?
I select info then trip computer, then you will see at mode then I hit info again and gives me that HDMI support message wall my phone is plugged in with the USB
Attached Thumbnails Smartphone Mirroring in TLX-image.jpeg  
Old 08-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tlxsteve
Such a short answer.

I feel like I am being teased at a very slow strip-show.
Sorry new to this thread/forum. Sorry trying to do this from my phone for some reason it will only let me upload one pic out a time
Attached Thumbnails Smartphone Mirroring in TLX-image.jpeg  
Old 08-11-2015, 09:27 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There must be an HDMI input behind the dash for this message to be displayed.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by igorua1
There must be an HDMI input behind the dash for this message to be displayed.
I'd agree. But also sounds like this TLX is the exception from the production line if indeed nothing special was done to access this option.

Screen shots please.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

I select info then trip computer, then you will see at mode then I hit info again and gives me that HDMI support message wall my phone is plugged in with the USB
That's wild. Thanks for replying with more info.

I tried to duplicate your selections but I was unable to duplicate your outcome. This was the first time I directly connected my phone's USB connection to the car's USB. It was an intimate moment.

Anyhow, this is what I see when I follow your steps in the attachments.

Also what is the capital 'N' in the upper right corner of the display? I haven't seen that yet in the 11 months I have had this TLX.

Being in the US, I am guessing your TLX is not a European version and you said this is a TLX.

What year is it where you are? It's 2015 here.
Attached Thumbnails Smartphone Mirroring in TLX-2015-08-12-09.37.53.jpg   Smartphone Mirroring in TLX-2015-08-12-09.38.58.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tlxsteve
That's wild. Thanks for replying with more info.

I tried to duplicate your selections but I was unable to duplicate your outcome. This was the first time I directly connected my phone's USB connection to the car's USB. It was an intimate moment.

Anyhow, this is what I see when I follow your steps in the attachments.

Also what is the capital 'N' in the upper right corner of the display? I haven't seen that yet in the 11 months I have had this TLX.

Being in the US, I am guessing your TLX is not a European version and you said this is a TLX.

What year is it where you are? It's 2015 here.
Mine is a 2015 I bought Nov 2014. I went to the dealership yesterday for my B1 service and those software update recall on the transmission. I told and showed the service guy what the screener was doing. When they finished he said it stump them all. He has others look at it because they didn't believe it could do that they thought it was an ILX and he had to show them it was on mine. I have an I have an iPhone 6 testing iOS 9 so don't remember if it did it before that. He said they use the same radio in the ILX so that may be why it does that but was told there was no hdmi connection and he could only do it with an iPhone they tried an android and it didn't work. I did find a usb to HDMI converter and might by that to hook up to my phone and see what happens. As far as the N that you see that is the direction you are driving
Old 08-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Mine is a 2015 I bought Nov 2014. I went to the dealership yesterday for my B1 service and those software update recall on the transmission. I told and showed the service guy what the screener was doing. When they finished he said it stump them all. He has others look at it because they didn't believe it could do that they thought it was an ILX and he had to show them it was on mine. I have an I have an iPhone 6 testing iOS 9 so don't remember if it did it before that. He said they use the same radio in the ILX so that may be why it does that but was told there was no hdmi connection and he could only do it with an iPhone they tried an android and it didn't work. I did find a usb to HDMI converter and might by that to hook up to my phone and see what happens. As far as the N that you see that is the direction you are driving
Thanks for the explanation.

I drive north often and don't see an 'N' on my radio. I do have a compass on my instrument panel. Maybe ILX radios are different.

Take it easy.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Racer

Thank you for the details. The stereo being shared across models (and possibly with Honda too) wouldn't be a surprise. If what you say it's true then the only difference between the ILX and TLX in terms of stereo setting is the cable that's being used at its end. The TLX has a USB cable while the ILX has an HDMI but both cables plug into the same port of the stereo. This probably it's indication that the '16 models may have this feature standard.

Also although I haven't bothered to confirm this on the ILX manual it makes sense that Apple phones would work when the Android ones don't since even the ILX HDMI video only mentions iPhones. Having said that you'll definitely need Apple's Lightning to HDMI adapter for this to work. So the setup would be:

USB to HDMI adapter + short HDMI cable + Apple HDMI to Lightning Adapter + iPhone.

I strongly emphasize the HDMI cable to be short because Adapters need to draw power from the source and long cables lose voltage along the way. Making use of the lighter socket to help power the adapters equipped with a micro USB power port might also be something to consider.

The cleanest solution would be replacing that USB port/cable with ILX's HDMI/USB port/cable after confirming their plug ends to the stereo are identical. It would be minor adjustment to retrofit the ILX port into the TLX's port although it does involve some car surgery. I have an iPhone 5 but I'll be checking my stereo once I'm back home from my business trip. Will consider following up with the plans above if I can replicate it. Otherwise I might schedule a software update appointment.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Well well... this has peaked my interest. I've been looking into any ways to mirror Android on my 16 MDX, so I'm curious if you've had any updates baelim. It doesn't look like there is an adapter for the 3G MDX yet (or ever?). Funny how the ILX seems to be ahead of the rest of the vehicles, eh?
Old 09-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Hi the HDMI mirroring will never be supported by current head-units, its totally for different use case
Old 09-24-2015, 12:41 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
Hi the HDMI mirroring will never be supported by current head-units, its totally for different use case
What do you mean? I see in the 2016 TLX press release they mention HDMI support.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I noticed in the 2016 press release for the TLX, they mention HDMI, and I found it was included in literature for the 2015 as well:

"LED accent lighting, HD Radio®, Pandora® and Aha™ integration, and HDMI and USB connectivity."

Are you all saying you were never able to do anything with HDMI?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by iesu3423
I noticed in the 2016 press release for the TLX, they mention HDMI, and I found it was included in literature for the 2015 as well:

"LED accent lighting, HD Radio®, Pandora® and Aha™ integration, and HDMI and USB connectivity."

Are you all saying you were never able to do anything with HDMI?
HDMI built in the car is only to display Acura apps, most likely it will be limited to Acura link apps

Our product will allow to mirror everything without any limitations.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Our product will allow to mirror everything without any limitations.
Have you finally released something for the TLX? Please post a link to info.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by djsteve
Have you finally released something for the TLX? Please post a link to info.
we will start group buy soon

it will be similar to this with HDMI input

Old 10-28-2015, 05:08 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we will start group buy soon

it will be similar to this with HDMI input
[/url]
Hi,
Please tell me, how to connect the iPhone to its NavTool 3.0-HDMI for mirroring? You mean a cable connection or a cable-free?
Thank
Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kvvvip
Hi,
Please tell me, how to connect the iPhone to its NavTool 3.0-HDMI for mirroring? You mean a cable connection or a cable-free?
Thank
Hi,

yes you need this cable Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Apple
The following users liked this post:
kvvvip (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 05:31 PM
9th Gear

Hi,

yes you need this cable Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Apple
Hi,
Is there today a reliable devices for wireless AV transmission signal from IPhone to NavTool 3.0-HDMI?
Apple TV I do not like - no power supply 12V.
You have a professional look at this situation. There is wireless connectivity options?
Thank you
Old 10-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Banned

Hi

this is the only way, and its 100% reliable Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Apple

Thank You
Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Racer

An Update/thoughts

After my fiasco experience with Navtool I found a second vendor: Naviks who already has a working module for the new MDX but will not market it for the TLX since it's untested. I've offered my car for their testing for a discount but alas months into my conversation with them I haven't been able to do so.

I'd like to encourage anyone interested in mirroring their smartphone in their TLX to check out Naviks and contact sales to work out a deal. They're in the NYC area like Navtool is...

Navtool's current group buy assumes that one module will fit all of the current Acura models and while I'm inclined to think so I think they've taken more than they can bite with this massive undertaking evident of their delayed production.

My research of the navtool name across the Acurazine forums also tells me their products are a hit and miss. Even if they finally produced the module some months down the road I wouldn't buy it from them.

From an online stand point there's no real way telling whether Naviks is any better, but at least they're honest and definitely don't over reach by trying to market their already working MDX module for the rest of the Acura lineup. If anyone is interested but has doubts about why I'm so anti navtool and pro naviks I'll be happy to forward any emails I've generated since I've started this journey to add mirroring to my TLX.

In truth I was holding back this information since I really wanted this deal for myself but since then I've given up on the idea of using a module and am set on finding my own way... which I'll explain in a subsequent post.

So by all means anyone interested in actually adding mirroring to your TLX contact me or go directly to Naviks. I guarantee you Batman vs Superman will be out looong before navtool ships their imaginary module.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Banned

stay away from this soltion in the video

you would never want this solution in your vehicle, what we are making is nothing that is available in the world at this time.

Naviks product picture quality is horrible, text in unreadable, you may ask why?

1. you are connecting to a device with reverse engineered Apple Airplay,now that signal is down scaled to composite video, a technology that was created in 1960, after that it connected to their generic box with a mailing label sticker on top.
2. video lagging due to reversed engineer Airplay signal.
3. video and audio appear out of sync
4. not an automotive grade
5. you have limitations, many apps like Netflix, iOS download video, YouTube will not work.
6. they use non OEM connectors and you get video to flicker on and off.
7. HD video wires are exposed.

Major issue, exposed digital video signal line without shielding

NavTool Solution

1. we provide full HD image to your Acura HD screen, you never what to downscale that quality.
2. all connectors are 100% OEM
3. limitless smartphone mirroring, no restrictions all apps work
4. audio and video is in sync.
5. 100% automotive grade.
6. Made in USA

there are many product out there that might work, we provide real solution for smartphone mirroring, made in USA by real automotive engineers.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Racer

my current theory on using the OEM stereo to mirror my phone

It's been a long journey for me since I've purchased my TLX back in Nov 14'. I got the base model not so much because I was cheap but because all of those tech features are lost to my wife, the main driver of this family. What we WERE accustomed to was using Waze - a phone navigation app that also warned you of police locations and traffic updates.

All I wanted was smartphone mirroring. I wasn't interested in multiple inputs for side and front cameras, dedicated dvd player or whatnots. So much so that I even dreaded the idea of a module that required me to press the back button for a certain amount of seconds to signal this glorified analog switch to show my phone on the top screen. All I wanted was to plug the phone and automatically takes over the top screen.

And I believe that requires not a module but some OEM cables and perhaps some teaks to the factory radio...

This is the back of the TLX stereo I found on the web. I'm fairly certain that the black rectangular plug and the small grey port to its left are the HDMI and USB cable plugs respectively.

Across this thread there was talks about whether the TLX supported HDMI or not. This validates it and as far as I can tell it's true across all TLX trims. However the underlying question is whether the software required to run the HDMI comes preinstalled or not.

The only way to confirm this however would be to buy the HDMI plug, mainly the one made for the ILX which shares the same stereo. ILX owners have also voiced their puzzlement regarding the nature of their HDMI ports and how plugging their phone to it "briefly" mirrors the phone's screen before the Acura software takes over. The assumption is that the TLX act the same if provided with the cable. If that works then I would be 1 step closer to my ideal smartphone mirroring: cheap and automatic. That may sound like a big IF but if you've worked with cars before you'd know that stereos are shared across models quite often and the cable is fairly cheaper than a module.

I admit that I first dismissed this option because $60 for a cable plus a $60 app seemed like a big gamble in comparison to the sure way a module could handle this. But after my fiasco with navtool i got to wonder whether a 3rd party module was really the solution. In the past I ended up modifying an older OEM module into a newer Mustang to add bluetooth and USB music connectivity. I wasn't sure it would work but the OEM allowed me to use the stock radio to dial out of my phone - something that 3rd party modules couldn't do. It worked and it was the best $50 I had gambled.

Now Naviks is a very possible 2nd choice contender but like I said I'm not so much interested in multiple inputs, multiple steps to mirror, multiple everything. I'd be paying $400 for things that I don't need.

I foresee three outcomes when adding the HDMI cable to the TLX:

1 - works like ILX and asks me to download a $60 app upon which I'll have to find a software teak but otherwise I'll be quite happy that I have OEM navigation for $120.
2 - doesn't work at all because it doesn't have the software
3 - it works even better than the ILX since HDMI really is a straight forward tech plus the TLX stereo lacks the restrictive software the ILX has.

I give them 50:25:25 chance respectively. a $60 gamble possibly worth the try...I think...
Old 02-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Racer

when i spoke to the naviks folks they weren't very happy with your accusations but I've made my own judgement based on two things:

They actually have a
(unlike someone else here who just has a lot of paragraphs.)
They are honest enough NOT to promote it to TLX owners until they themselves have tested it.

While I'm fairly certain the product should work across all of the late Acura models I have serious doubts that Navtool has had the chance to test it on every model.

stay away from this soltion in the video

you would never want this solution in your vehicle, what we are making is nothing that is available in the world at this time.

Naviks product picture quality is horrible, text in unreadable, you may ask why?

1. you are connecting to a device with reverse engineered Apple Airplay,now that signal is down scaled to composite video, a technology that was created in 1960, after that it connected to their generic box with a mailing label sticker on top.
2. video lagging due to reversed engineer Airplay signal.
3. video and audio appear out of sync
4. not an automotive grade
5. you have limitations, many apps like Netflix, iOS download video, YouTube will not work.
6. they use non OEM connectors and you get video to flicker on and off.
7. HD video wires are exposed.

Major issue, exposed digital video signal line without shielding

NavTool Solution

1. we provide full HD image to your Acura HD screen, you never what to downscale that quality.
2. all connectors are 100% OEM
3. limitless smartphone mirroring, no restrictions all apps work
4. audio and video is in sync.
5. 100% automotive grade.
6. Made in USA

there are many product out there that might work, we provide real solution for smartphone mirroring, made in USA by real automotive engineers.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Banned

we have exclusive products for the Acuras that we make, no other competitor ever made, unfortunately exposed digital video lines is not acceptable for in vehicle use, that's when your video signal start to flash on and off.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Racer

What's your definition of exclusive? If you guys really have a TLX module even if it's a prototype I beg you to make a video like Naviks cuz as far as I'm concerned you only have words while they have a working module you can buy RIGHT NOW.

PS your validation on Naviks is biased. doesn't help you're chastising a competitor.

we have exclusive products for the Acuras that we make, no other competitor ever made, unfortunately exposed digital video lines is not acceptable for in vehicle use, that's when your video signal start to flash on and off.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by baelim
What's your definition of exclusive? If you guys really have a TLX module even if it's a prototype I beg you to make a video like Naviks cuz as far as I'm concerned you only have words while they have a working module you can buy RIGHT NOW.

PS your validation on Naviks is biased. doesn't help you're chastising a competitor.
we are the only company that makes interface fro HDD based Acura,

no one else has one

Naviks brings stuff from china and slaps on white label, we design and make all products in USA per automotive specs, big diffirence

Old 02-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Racer

I'm happy to report that my base TLX does seem to have HDMI software packed to it. Demonstrated by the ILX forum https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...t-hack-931436/ i can follow the same procedures to find my HDMI diag screen albeit I don't have an HDMI cable.

Previously I had confirmed that my audio unit did have an HDMI in but I had doubts whether it would work. At the very least I foresee the same redundancies you'll see in the ILX forum to be mirrored on my TLX.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

I just came across your contributions regarding this. Interesting. I'm highly interested in following the same path if this works. Is this enough to push you over the edge and purchase the cable?

If I understand this, you would purchase the cable that plugs into the back of the HU and route that to an area in which was accessible? The routed end of the cable would allow a standard HDMI cable to plug into it?

Is there an Android option that may work with this or would this be limited only to apple products (I noticed the thread linked mentioned a lightning device)?
Old 02-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Banned

Hi Honda Acura mainly included the HDMI option for their smartphone navigation app that they sell for $50, because of CarPlay and change in their app, hdmi is no longer required, only car where HDMI works for mirroring is 2014-2015 Honda civic, 2016 civic HMDI option is gone.

Our solution is the only way to get full mirroing
Old 02-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Racer

Now Head Unit can be a little misleading since Acura has two separate screens: an "audio" unit and a "screen" unit. What I'm trying accomplish for now is to get to the point the ILX premium owners are talking about: looking for a software solution to the mirroring problem using just OEM hardware. That would mean that yes I would need the cable to connect to the "audio unit" I'm still playing with the settings but I'm about 90% sure that adding the cable will get me to this step.

Step 2 is a simpler (at least for jailbroken iPhone owners) who can find a software solution to trick the audio unit. I'm a developer so I'm fairly confident I can accomplish this if there isn't already a solution out there (someone at the ILX forum mentioned Watchdog app but no follow up). Nonetheless I'm sure I don't need a $300 module that does a bunch of things I don't need. This of course will vary per person.

What a Navtool does is get between the audio and screen units and act as a glorified switch toggled by the dashboard. The idea is simple enough and it's a sure way to get mirroring now... that is if Navtool actually had a product to sell.
But if even if they did I'd recommend folks to go with a competitor called Naviks. They actually made a working module for the current gen. MDX which I'm fairly certain will work with the TLX. My point is that Navtool has been promising a TLX module for over a year now while Naviks actually has some integrity to say "we need to test the TLX before selling it" It's a matter of integrity.

The question for your android is slightly trickier but easier to confirm. For mirroring to work both iPhone and Android phones need a AV converting adapter. You can buy this adapter from Best Buy for $40, hook it up to your TV and see if your phone is mirrored to it. If it does it should work essentially in the same way for your car.

I'm also looking into accessing the audio unit's linux codes via USB connection to see if a simple change in lines will help me bypass Acura's mirroring restrictions. That also should be straight forward if I can gain access. I found some open source codes from Clarion (the makers for Acura's audio unit) late last night although I haven't had chance to do anything with it.

Bottom line: my solution is no solution yet but it's going to cost at most a cable and it will get me Acura's Navigation in the very least. If you want mirroring for now go for Naviks and avoid the hell out of Navtool.

Originally Posted by Dochere2
I just came across your contributions regarding this. Interesting. I'm highly interested in following the same path if this works. Is this enough to push you over the edge and purchase the cable?

If I understand this, you would purchase the cable that plugs into the back of the HU and route that to an area in which was accessible? The routed end of the cable would allow a standard HDMI cable to plug into it?

Is there an Android option that may work with this or would this be limited only to apple products (I noticed the thread linked mentioned a lightning device)?
The following users liked this post:
Dochere2 (02-13-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Banned

if you are not familiar with navtool products, you can search this community, and see how many great products are being use only on acurazine,

Unlike Naviks who test products from china, we actually develop an automotive grade products.

You ever seen a car on fire on the side of the road, that what happends when you put something like naviks in the car.

you want to know what automotive grade means , it means device works always,

read this GVIF/NAVIKS video interface - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

does it seem like its working always? try to find a single post on acurazine, where anyone complains that our product shut off

it takes time to deliver good products to masses
Old 02-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Bottom line: my solution is no solution yet but it's going to cost at most a cable...
Thanks baelim. Do you have a part number on the ILX cable before I go searching around for it? I'll order one today.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Intermediate

Strike that. I just ordered part 39155-T3R-A10. $54 shipped. If I ordered the wrong part, someone clue me in :-)
Old 02-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Racer

Strike that. I just ordered part 39155-T3R-A10. $54 shipped. If I ordered the wrong part, someone clue me in :-)
You might also want to order part 39115T4NH01 the HDMI plug end. For Acuralink to work it requires both the HDMI and USB to be plugged directly to the audio unit evident when you manage to turn on the "App Mode" inside diagnostics. I managed to get the "App Mode" option show up under the Info Menu upon which if you plug in your phone you can select it. When you do this it says it needs the HDMI feed.

It's too damn cold to do any car mods here in VA so you might be well ahead of me in realizing this.

Also anyone else following this you'll find the "base code" for the Honda version of the radio here Clarion U.S.A | File download I'm still looking for a way to access the code on my own audio unit so if anyone else is interested I might start a separate thread for this.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:48 AM
Cruisin'

You might also want to order part 39115T4NH01 the HDMI plug end. For Acuralink to work it requires both the HDMI and USB to be plugged directly to the audio unit evident when you manage to turn on the "App Mode" inside diagnostics. I managed to get the "App Mode" option show up under the Info Menu upon which if you plug in your phone you can select it. When you do this it says it needs the HDMI feed.

It's too damn cold to do any car mods here in VA so you might be well ahead of me in realizing this.

Also anyone else following this you'll find the "base code" for the Honda version of the radio here Clarion U.S.A | File download I'm still looking for a way to access the code on my own audio unit so if anyone else is interested I might start a separate thread for this.
Hey guys, I'm very interested in this mod as well as I use Waze all the time. (Acura nav is a pain in the ass honestly..). I have the v6 AWD Advance and am also in NoVa. I haven't been able to do much on this yet but am following the progress closely. I'll order the hdmi port and cable soon as well
Old 02-14-2016, 02:17 PM
Intermediate

You might also want to order part 39115T4NH01...
Awesome, I'll get that ordered today. Thanks for the code link as well.

I should be able to tear into it as soon as the parts are in so I'll update accordingly.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Racer

Awesome, I'll get that ordered today. Thanks for the code link as well.

I should be able to tear into it as soon as the parts are in so I'll update accordingly.
If you can add video/photos/details on how to open up the console I'd appreciate it! Looks to me the Aux Audio port in the center console is where the new HDMI/USB port was "originally" supposed to be. The crevice for the AUX looks too big + the TLX website still mentions the HDMI bit from it's overview... we're adding what was originally due
Old 02-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Intermediate

I'll shoot some pics for sure. I actually already had the whole console ripped apart a few weeks back when I installed an ID8 in the rear deck to replace the stock subwoofer. I ended up putting some footwell lights in at the same time and hard wired a detector. Needless to say, it was pretty easy getting in there, everything came apart fairly easy. On a side note, I was impressed with the fit and finish of the various parts and trim I removed; Synonymous to the tight fitment found in German automobiles.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:26 PM
8th Gear

Hey all,

So I've been following this thread since I got my base 2015 TLX in December 2014. I too am interested in mirroring my smartphone via an HDMI connection.

In that vain, I have tried to acquire some of the hardware components to install a "factory-looking" HDMI port. I have not yet disassembled the dash/console to gain access to the head unit, screen, console, etc., but here is what I've acquired so far:

39115-T4N-H01: HDMI & USB holder. This is just the cover/holder, without any inserts or connectors. I assume the stock TLX USB adapter insert that is already in the TLX will snap into this as it is the same part number across models (39112-TY2-A01).

39155-T3R-A10: bundled HDMI and USB cable. This cable is listed for the ILX models that already have the HDMI input in the console. The only thing is the connectors on the cable ends are the Acura/Honda ones, not standard USB or HDMI. Should not be an issue for the USB (see above). However, I cannot find a part number for the insert that would have the HDMI input plug on one side and the Acura/Honda cable pins on the other. Have any of you run into this problem and/or know of any solutions or part numbers that would solve this? I believe it's part #6 below, but there is neither part number listed nor a link to order a part. Unfortunately, the dealer was likewise. Unhelpful.

Honda part number 77293-TR6-C31ZA: this is the trim piece from the Civic that includes the proper-sized cutout for the HDMI/USB holder. I got it for $21 at my local Honda dealer and figured I could use it as a template to Dremel the TLX console and precisely fit the new USB+HDMI holder. Not sure if I want the new holder to live where the Aux input is in the armrest console or down in the tray where the USB input currently resides. Obviously cable length may be the deciding factor.

Other than what has already been posted in the forums, I know very little about the programming hacks that need to happen for the head unit/screen to mirror a phone.

If any of you have any solutions or part numbers for an "adapter assy, hdmi" that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Smartphone Mirroring in TLX