Acura TLX 2019 Real Time Traffic Change/Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura TLX 2019 Real Time Traffic Change/Confusion

Hello all!

I am coming from a 2015 TLX to 2019... There seems to be some change with Acuralink Real time traffic.

On the new 2019 TLX car I am not getting the voice prompt about "The route has been updated by Acuralink" and rerouting. I thought this was an an issue and called Acuralink who is investigating but now I am not sure there is an issue as it looks like the feature set was oddly changed.

I just wanted to see if anyone else can help me know if I am correct.

According to this page and dropdown, "Real Time Traffic" is no longer included in any Acuralink Package for 2018 and newer TLX cars

https://acuralink.acura.com/#/availability/2019/TLX

It appears there is now an "HD traffic Real time traffic" (Which is why I was and still am getting traffic shown on map) that is free and replaces the old Acuralink Traffic.

Also.. according to this website (for the 2018 assuming the same for the 2019):

https://www.acura.com/2018/tlx/modal...l-time-traffic

The HD traffic does come free but if you click the "57" next to the Traffic ReroutingTM it says there is a subscription required for 90 days... but NOT say how to actually get it. Does this come with Acuralink? Is there another way to subscibe?

I do have the Acuralink connect and premium on trial and afterwards. However I never have been rerouted at least that I noticed and no announcement it was being done.

Does anyone know how to get the real time traffic updates with this new HD traffic system? Calling acuralink was useless and I found out more on these 2 web pages above than they could tell me.

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on these changes. I just want to get traffic rerouting as I had before (HD or Acuralink I dont care) but do not know how to "subscribe" to it.

And I rather use bnuilt in nav than an app for simplicity as it is part of the car.

Thank you again anyone!!

Appreciate any help.

Mike
Old 09-18-2018, 09:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
If you find any answers, please post here. I'm curious about this also.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK.... So it appears the NAVIGATION MANUAL 2019 is outdated and incorrect.

Here is what I found out:
  1. The traffic data DOES come from HD RADIO. NO LONGER through Acuralink. It is just as accurate I have found, however as HD Radio has limited coverage (for audio and data) when I get out of the city limits I lose the live traffic. With Acuralink traffic that wouldn't happen unless I was in the middle of nowhere.
  2. The manual talks about the OLD RE ROUTING and only Acuralink traffic. So it is wrong. There is no server route choices anymore, and you wilL NOT get the prompt a min or 2 after putting a route in that used to say "Acuralink has rerouted" with a verbal voice like it used to. It appears Acuralink is actually NOT involved in this Live Rerouting.
  3. However, I WAS REROUTED due to bad traffic with A FULL SCREEN (top) Page that said I was being rerouted due to traffic and it re rerouted me. It works different than the old way it just reroutes you. There is no server routes or anything the old cars had. Also you sitll need to have traffic rerouting On in the Navigation Settings.
Hope this helps. If anyone has found anything else different let me know. This was done by my research as Nobody at Acura Client relations or Acuralink knew much about this change or what was happening.

I hope this post helps others who cant figure out why the verbal :"Acuralink has rerouted" messages no longer happen.

If I am wrong in any way please let me know. This was all trian and error.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
For the last several days, the green, orange and red lines indicating the traffic situation have not been showing up on my '16 TLX. My A-Link subscription is active and I'm getting the little green traffic symbol illuminated on the lower left side of the nav screen letting me know it's "working". Anyone else noticing outages on traffic data?
Old 06-04-2020, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting the same problem. On a chat now with SXM, as i thought it might be a problem with them.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished with SXM. My original traffic subscription had ran out. Renewed the traffic and also renewed All Access plan for a major price reduction for a year.