2018 RDX or 2019 RDX?

Old 07-22-2018, 09:19 AM
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We just picked up a new 2018 RDX AWD w/ Tech for $6600 of MSRP. Too good of a deal to pass up, and love the V6. Fathom Blue Pearl FTW.
The following users liked this post:
edwardcumming (09-26-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by tl_otay
We just picked up a new 2018 RDX AWD w/ Tech for $6600 of MSRP. Too good of a deal to pass up, and love the V6. Fathom Blue Pearl FTW.
Congratulations! Enjoy your new wheels!
Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Intermediate

Went to a dealership today in VA and they offered me a $2k discount. It wasn't till I got home that I noticed the paperwork was $2k off "Market Value Price" not MSRP. Market value price was $1500 above MSRP so essentially they offered 500$ off. Is everyone sure they are getting their discounts off MSRP? Not sure how I see posts of people getting 2-4k off MSRP. Guess I need to call some more dealerships... Anyone got any tips on how to negotiate because I obviously fail.

Last edited by cgprelude; 07-26-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cgprelude
Went to a dealership today in VA and they offered me a $2k discount. It wasn't till I got home that I noticed the paperwork was $2k off "Market Value Price" not MSRP. Market value price was $1500 above MSRP so essentially they offered 500$ off. Is everyone sure they are getting their discounts off MSRP? Not sure how I see posts of people getting 2-4k off MSRP. Guess I need to call some more dealerships... Anyone got any tips on how to negotiate because I obviously fail.
When purchasing my wife’s RDX we used the web car buying sites as a starting point before we approached a local dealer. Depending on your location and the dealerships in your area this may help.

Try searching True car and Car Jo Jo. After finding what the prices are in your zip code try contacting the internet sales guy at a a local dealer. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:58 PM
10th Gear

I'm new here, been reading for months and finally going to lease the RDX A-Spec. The quote I got is 630 a month, Sign and drive, no money down. Yesterday it was 618.

Is this a good deal?
Old 09-07-2018, 08:14 PM
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The RDX is my wife's car. I have a Macan GTS. I drive the RDX at every possible chance because it's a great car. My Macan is more performance oriented and essentially a hot hatch but the RDX is such a better overall car. As far as tech, the Macan is 2 years old and doesn't have near the tech of the RDX at twice the price. If you read over at the Macan forums, we complain about the auto climate control is either dumb or on something. Appreciate the RDX. It's a good car.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mstnggt66
The RDX is my wife's car. I have a Macan GTS. I drive the RDX at every possible chance because it's a great car. My Macan is more performance oriented and essentially a hot hatch but the RDX is such a better overall car. As far as tech, the Macan is 2 years old and doesn't have near the tech of the RDX at twice the price. If you read over at the Macan forums, we complain about the auto climate control is either dumb or on something. Appreciate the RDX. It's a good car.
I almost bought a Macan but ended up getting the RDX as the value proposition was the best. Way cheaper and lots more tech....better performance than then Macan base. Lower maintenance cost as well.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:45 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by T-BasZ
I'm new here, been reading for months and finally going to lease the RDX A-Spec. The quote I got is 630 a month, Sign and drive, no money down. Yesterday it was 618.

Is this a good deal?
To me this is a bad deal. A good deal would be around 1% of MSRP/mth with 1st payment at signing. The new model just came out so there won't be deals for a while. Check next year and it will be a different story. All the gotta have it before everyone else does are buying now. Acura will take advantage of this while they can (as any company would do).... I recommend looking at the Mazda CX9 if you want a great deal.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:10 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received an offer with $3900 discount off MSRP on a AWD Advance from a Dallas area dealer; out the door price is $47750 including TT&L and other fees. There is no trade in or accessories included. They don't have AWD Advance with the color combination I was looking for, so this is for a factory order.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:22 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
I have to decide in July 2019 whether to buy out the lease on my '17 RDX Adv or get something else. The '17 has been the most reliable vehicle that I have had. It gets 30+ mpg highway and has a very smooth engine and transmission. I might get a '20 , but not a '19. Too many growing pains with a new model. I was a ' beta tester ' on the new '14 RLX and regretted every minute I had it. I believe that there is a way to extend the lease to bridge the time between model years.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:57 PM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Where does the Acura loyalty $1000 come from - Acura itself, the dealer, or Acura finance? As I am nearing the end of lease, I talked with Acura Finance yesterday and they claimed to know nothing about it. Any idea what kind of incentives might be coming out in October? AF said they come from each dealer and region.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:15 PM
3rd Gear

2018 vs 2019

Originally Posted by S1LV3R-S4MUR41
I wouldn't buy a 2018 at this point in the game. In my opinion, the current RDX is getting long in the tooth. Despite a fairly nice LCI, the current body has been running since MY2012. The second you see a 2019 RDX on the road, you will instantly think of how much you paid (still have to pay) for an older generation car. That being said, I don't mean to rail on peoples decisions - there are lots of people that are perfectly fine with driving something that isn't the latest model because they got a good deal on it. To each their own...
I just bought a new 2018 RDS Technology 2WD and so far I am quite happy with it. I debated whether or not to go with the 2018 or 2019 model. The thing that turned me off on the 2019 was the 4cyl turbo engine, and the 9spd transmission. I have read on the Honda blogs that they (Honda) are having a myriad of problems with the transmissions across the product lines. The Honda CRV uses a smaller version 4cyl turbo engine that had problems with gasoline leaking down into the crankcase and diluting the engine oil. I have wondered if they have had the same (or similar) problem with the 4cyl used in the Acura. I would assume that the problems they are having would filter down through the product lines, both Honda and Acura. (but I may be wrong in that assumption!) Also, I from what I had read on this blog, the 6-speed transmission is a solid, smooth shifting and performing unit. I have found with my RDX, this seems to be true. The transmission shifts smoothly and performs the way I would expect it to. I was also concerned about the longevity and durability of the 4cyl turbo engine. Maybe I am wrong in these assumptions, but as you said "to each their own" - and so far, as I said, I have been quite happy with my 2018 RDX. I'm sure I will be ready to trade my current RDX in about three or four years, so by then, hopefully Honda will have the bugs worked out of the new model RDX. As a aside however, I do like the new 2019 model - the interior is terrific, and the overall styling is good too. Between the two, in my opinion, the 2018 styling is more conservative than the 2019. Just my two cents worth here!

Regards,
Ed
MerlinT (09-26-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

Good PM folks. Got mine last weekend, RDX A-Spec AWD (White + Red interior), $43600 (free remote starter) + tax + doc fee + etc from DCH Montclair Acura, one of the best dealership in the area.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:03 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by edwardcumming
I just bought a new 2018 RDS Technology 2WD and so far I am quite happy with it. I debated whether or not to go with the 2018 or 2019 model. The thing that turned me off on the 2019 was the 4cyl turbo engine, and the 9spd transmission. I have read on the Honda blogs that they (Honda) are having a myriad of problems with the transmissions across the product lines. The Honda CRV uses a smaller version 4cyl turbo engine that had problems with gasoline leaking down into the crankcase and diluting the engine oil. I have wondered if they have had the same (or similar) problem with the 4cyl used in the Acura. I would assume that the problems they are having would filter down through the product lines, both Honda and Acura. (but I may be wrong in that assumption!) Also, I from what I had read on this blog, the 6-speed transmission is a solid, smooth shifting and performing unit. I have found with my RDX, this seems to be true. The transmission shifts smoothly and performs the way I would expect it to. I was also concerned about the longevity and durability of the 4cyl turbo engine. Maybe I am wrong in these assumptions, but as you said "to each their own" - and so far, as I said, I have been quite happy with my 2018 RDX. I'm sure I will be ready to trade my current RDX in about three or four years, so by then, hopefully Honda will have the bugs worked out of the new model RDX. As a aside however, I do like the new 2019 model - the interior is terrific, and the overall styling is good too. Between the two, in my opinion, the 2018 styling is more conservative than the 2019. Just my two cents worth here!

Regards,
Ed
congratulations on your new car. The second gen RDX is a fabulous and comfortable car if not up to date with the latest tech gadgets. The V6 is super silky and the transmission is butter smooth. Totally agree with your decision to wait a few years before getting a new product. BTW I’m planning to keep mine for a super long time (unless my wife disagrees...).
edwardcumming (11-15-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Decided to purchase a 2018 AWD base to keep my wife’s 2016 AWD Advance company.
Ended up with $31850 plus tax and license, maybe not the best deal but good enough to make me take the plunge.

Started with Truecar and made the mistake of giving them my contact details. A complete waste of time.
Dealer 1 no 2018 RDXs in stock but we have great deals on 2019s.
Dealer 2 no 2018 AWD RDXs in stock but we do have 2018 FWD RDXs with $1600 of dealer added crap.
Dealer 3 no 2018 RDXs in the color choices you asked for but we do have some black ones with $1500 of dealer added crap.

No way to give feedback to Truecar unless you buy from them, email to customer service on my experience was never replied to.

Sent emails to four dealers in the area with actual 2018 AWD RDXs in the colors I was interested in on the lot.
Carjo web site was useful in giving me bargaining information, car I purchased had been on the lot almost 10 months and I mentioned that when writing the final haggling email.
However, for reference the Carjo price for the car was almost $1800 more than I paid.

Managed to get the dealer added "bargain” $399 security etch fee removed, declined any additional warranty addons and finally drove away very happy in my old technology V6 dog mobile.

Last edited by danemobile; 09-28-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear

I could not pass up a deal on 2018 RDX 2WD Technology Package MSRP 40695 Selling Price 32665 ($8000 off sticker!) with Money factor of 0.00031 (cheaper than finance interest) making monthly 394.26 with first month payment due at signing for 18,000 miles per year. The 19' RDX, I could not even discount a dime from the dealership.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 RDX A-spec in So Cal

For those in So Cal, Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim has great deal on the A-Spec FWD. Autonation Acura has great deal on the A-Spec AWD. Just go to their website and send a quote request or talk to the Internet Sales. Do ask for the $1000 down payment from Acura if you have 2009 and newer Acura, Honda, RX350 or Audi Q5, but do this after getting quote without it first.

Some other dealers won't budge on the price much as they told me people are buying the A-Spec AWD while the car is still on the truck, so they are going for MSRP. When I told them I already test drive the car and just getting bid for the lowest price and some of them won't even reply to my email. Well, they lost my business
I was going to check out NX300, but drove passed Acura dealer and saw the Red A-Spec and thought that is the car that I want. Sitting on the driver seat was like in the cockpit of a fighter jet (exaggerated, but my current drive is 14 year old SUV).
Old 10-05-2018, 10:18 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by subin
For those in So Cal, Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim has great deal on the A-Spec FWD. Autonation Acura has great deal on the A-Spec AWD. Just go to their website and send a quote request or talk to the Internet Sales. Do ask for the $1000 down payment from Acura if you have 2009 and newer Acura, Honda, RX350 or Audi Q5, but do this after getting quote without it first.

Some other dealers won't budge on the price much as they told me people are buying the A-Spec AWD while the car is still on the truck, so they are going for MSRP. When I told them I already test drive the car and just getting bid for the lowest price and some of them won't even reply to my email. Well, they lost my business
I was going to check out NX300, but drove passed Acura dealer and saw the Red A-Spec and thought that is the car that I want. Sitting on the driver seat was like in the cockpit of a fighter jet (exaggerated, but my current drive is 14 year old SUV).
Exactly the way I would like to buy a car now. Remove all the variables that give an advantage to the dealership. You only step foot in the dealership to buy a car, not negotiate on a car. Once you are in there, the dealership has all the advantage and will try all tricks to tire you and lure you out of your money. Better to do the bidding when you are comfortable in your home and thinking clearly.
BTW which car did you drive for 14 years? How much mileage did you put on that? Looks like you got the most out of that vehicle. Kudos on that perseverance.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
which car did you drive for 14 years?

Originally Posted by Comfy

BTW which car did you drive for 14 years? How much mileage did you put on that? Looks like you got the most out of that vehicle. Kudos on that perseverance.
Sorry to be off topic OP, I am new and don't have access to PM yet.
Comfy, I have the Toyota Highlander Limited without the Navi. Only 57k miles on it and the only issue it has is the rear passenger side window would get overheat and stop working after moving it up/down a few times. When this happened, I just wait 5 minutes and it would be working again.
I looked up the trade-in value and told my friend that I would sell it at the middle of the value. After that, went to Carmax and they gave me the highest trade-in value :o My friend was very happy about this, of course

Picking up the RDX today and I hope that it would last for at least 15 years. By that time, I'd believe that autonomous vehicles would be all over the place (at least in the US).
Comfy (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 10:01 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Hey congratulations. You’re absolutely right and I’ve heard that most of us who are buying cars now would be buying our last car now. In future all would be autonomous cars (electric of course) being sent by taxi corporations.
So enjoy your last car purchase while you can.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Wondering if anyone got a good deal in NYC area? I'm currently in the market for a RDX tech (white exterior, and expresso interior). I went to Plaza Acura in brooklyn 3 months ago, they only gave me -500 MSRP. The closest dealership is Acura Paragon which I heard they tried to rip of customers (Google them, you can find out they got sued). I don't mind driving to NJ, CT or Long Island. Plz share your experience with me if you got a good deal in NYC area. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2018, 06:06 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
is this a good deal?? I'm in Northern California.

A-Spec AWD White exterior with red interior.

MSRP $46,495 which includes destination.
-$2,500 off MSRP
-$1,000 towards down payment for owning a 2009 and newer Honda.
No Trade in

So basically $44,000 plus sales tax and license and an additional $1,000 towards my down payment.

Last edited by jesser916; 11-13-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So roughly about 47500 OTD ?
Old 11-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes around 47k
Old 11-14-2018, 08:25 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Wild Price Varience continues

Hi everyone, I actually started this thread long ago after a dealer rejected my very fair and very clear offer on 2019 RDX Tech AWD in red. The sales manager i dealt with directly has never called me back. Odd dealer in Springfield MO. Since then I found some really good deals in Dallas area but did not pull the trigger. One dealer will be MSRP another pretty good discounts. I think what is going on is clear: The RDX is the only money maker for Acura right now. It only makes sense for market demand to keep price up while production has peaked. 70,000 units per year? Anyhow, just rubs me the wrong way to see $5000 off in one place and $100 in another-quite a regional impact. The south gets lots of front drive units which seem to sell lower. RDX seems like a nice product and truth be told MSRP is fair considering all you get-the tech package is the best value IMO. I came so close to buying a red tech in Tulsa earlier this month. Please keep in mind that you can absolutely get huge discounts on Q5 and X3. With patience i was quoted amazing prices the past month. I ended up getting a 2019 BMW X3 M40i. I just could not pass on the straight six turbo. Expensive yes but with all my rebates price was $11,500 off MSRP.
Comfy (05-27-2019)
Old 11-15-2018, 04:12 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the contrary when my Mercedes is up for a trade, I will be considering an Acura SUV again. Different strokes for different folks. .
but why ?
Old 11-15-2018, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

Hello everyone .

Got a lot info from here. Finally purchased the RDX with SHAWD and Tech Package today.
MSRP 43895
Discount 4895
loyalty 1000 credit
Selling price 38000
60 months 2.9%
Dealer fee 800 plus 7% tax
Orlando area. Hope these info can help someone.
Now see when can get the android auto
i69fstop (11-16-2018)
Old 05-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Instructor

Nice deal.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:49 AM
Instructor

Has anyone leased and seen how the $2375 in dealer cash can be applied to reduce your capitalized cost. I throw this out since it seems a good idea to lease regardless to get the cost down. You can refinance or buy out a Honda or acura lease at any time. You would be ahead.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Oddly it was a year ago that I started this forum. It took me this long to actually purchase an RDX. I bought a blue/gray Advance SHAWD. I leased it. With the $3,175 lease cash in play, $750 military and $1000 loyalty we got $6,500 discount from MSRP but adding $349 Doc fee and $500 for splash guards, trunk tray, all weather mats and window tinting. Lease residual terrible as is the current money factor but I intend pay it off in 60 days
Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by tinmaner
but why ?
Why not? I like the general ride, comfort and economy of the Acura compared to the Mercedes. I don’t buy a car based on what auto journalists think or for that matter anyone else thinks. Got it?
Old 05-18-2019, 06:06 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I purchased my 2017 RDX adv a month ago. It was listed as a good deal according to true car. The dealership came down on the price, but what I thought was interesting instead of reducing the price of the car, they increased the price of my trade in. I wonder why they did that?
Old 05-18-2019, 06:10 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,914 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Why not? I like the general ride, comfort and economy of the Acura compared to the Mercedes. I don’t buy a car based on what auto journalists think or for that matter anyone else thinks. Got it?
I would have led with the cost of fixing something when it breaks. And it will break (on the Merc).

I have an RDX loaner 2.0t and although at first I felt like I was driving a kitchen appliance (I feel that way about most new cars)...it has grown on me in the day and a half that I've had it. Smooth ride, well put together, good sound system.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 RDX AWD ASpec Black on Black

MSRP $46895

I paid $41950 and they gave me wheel locks and all weather floor mats ... no trade in cash deal. I kept my 2015 RDX as a "spare" car to be used by my college age stepson when home on breaks, etc.

I negotiated with 5 dealers via email offers until it got down to 2 then the final "winner".

Made the final deal April 30 after 8 days of back and forth.

I also got them to sell me the D80 extended warranty (96 months 100K 0 deductible) for $1675 after we made the deal on the car. Which was a couple bucks under an online dealer offering the warranties. The "list" price on that warranty according to the dealer was $3400. So look how much they make on that to the unsuspecting.

This was the smallest dealership of the 5, an "independent". I had bought 4 other Acuras new over the last 12 years from another dealer who dropped out at "invoice".

I've seen certified used priced higher than my buy price.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:08 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,914 Likes on 14,457 Posts
they make as much as someone would pay
and if the perceived value is there who is anyone to tell that person not to.
Capitalism!
Old 06-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Guys - literally found this forum on Sunday when I was test driving an RDX and then planning to buy. Just wanted to get an idea of what a 'good' price for the vehicle is.

That said, I'm in the bay area and the Acura Autonation on Stevens Creek dealership quoted me $46K OTD for:

2019 Blue AWD SH A-Spec

It's literally their last 2019 AWD in this trim. I'm suppose to meet them tonight at 6pm PST. What do you guys think of this price?
Old 07-21-2019, 08:23 AM
9th Gear

2019 Gunmetal SH-AWD with tech.

On dealer lot for ~110 days and jumped on it after seeing it'd be only ~ 5500 more than a CX-5 which we were cross shopping.

Got a finance price of $39,498 and additional 1000 off paid by acura loyalty discount. OTD 42210 with all weather mats, cargo tray, and 4 year service plan.
Comfy (07-27-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 12:37 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Was about to pick up a 2019 Base AWD. Saw some spots where I asked them to remove the spots first before I sign any docs. They couldn't buff it out in front of me (the guy used a buffer machine with compound). If I had not looked, they would probably wet sand it. I have been buying new cars with scratches, etc. Have had enough experiences with these stuff. My ex wife called me SOL..

TT
Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Mine has some normal environmental stuff on the hood just tree sap or something. I took it all off since I failed to notice before purchase. No issues, just some gentle cleaning

Good catch. I imagine the dealer can have a SMART detailer fix that without undue damage to clearcoat. Imagine all the things that go one that we do not know about but are completely happy about.

Let them give it a shot. Hopefully not some vile chemical that etched paint. Repaint NO WAY
Old 08-02-2019, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks
Mine has some normal environmental stuff on the hood just tree sap or something. I took it all off since I failed to notice before purchase. No issues, just some gentle cleaning

Good catch. I imagine the dealer can have a SMART detailer fix that without undue damage to clearcoat. Imagine all the things that go one that we do not know about but are completely happy about.

Let them give it a shot. Hopefully not some vile chemical that etched paint. Repaint NO WAY
I had them buffed the car in front of me and the spots didn't come off. No deal.

Updates: I was driving today to pick up a modern steel from another dealer and during halfway ($39300 same as yesterday), another called and offered $39600 for a white. I asked for the same price but they told me it came with a few accessories (wheel locks, splash guard, tray kit in the cargo area), so I gave in and agreed to $39500 OTD. Socal tax is 9.5%

Looking forward to this community.

TT