Window Visors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Hey I'm in e-mail talks as we speak for carbon fiber window visors. Price quoted immediately was $189. Estimated time of product delivery was 2-3 weeks. I am trying to negotiate RIGHT NOW for lower price/group buy/ bring the price down as much as possible in any way. Response was VERY fast through email, their listed phone numbers rang forever. They are in the LA area. Basically if you are down, post something saying you are on this thread. SPEAK UP NOW. DON'T PM ME ABOUT THIS - keep it public. I will post company info once I work something out. I WILL NOT be taking ANYONE's money - I'm just some dude on the internet - DON'T GIVE ME YOUR MONEY OR INFO! If this is a go, contact the company and lets get some visors man!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Never mind - dude wrote back saying they can't make them. Think he was trying to get me to buy other carbon fiber stuff. Not interested. If you are, they make hoods, trunks, rear roof visor. Waste of tuning cash in my opinion.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

If anyone can name / list (IN THIS THREAD PLEASE) carbon fiber parts makers please do so. Lets network and get these made. Summer is almost here, And I want these really bad for the summer. If the carbon parts maker is in the LA/ so cal area, I am more then willing to drive to get my car test fitted/ pay for the first set to get the ball rolling. HELP ME HELP YOU ACURAZINERS
Old 04-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

possible good news... still trying to talk to the carbon guy about a carbon hood deflector...
Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

nope... phucker said no to the hood deflector too...
Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright so these are the vent visor companies i personally wrote e-mails to, to get window visors made for this car. In no particular order, and missing a few cuz I forgot them already (as well as the company I'm currently trying to get to make them - no free publicity till they make 'em)
Weathertech - autobot response said thanks, but no
AVS - thanks but no
GTS - thanks but no
PUTCO - thanks, wrote a nice email back. no
EGR - no
Stampede - no
Lund International - no
Advan Carbon - no tried to sell me expensive carbon fiber stuff - no thanks
Wade - no

I also contacted another 2 long shots today through email. Awaiting response. I am starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel. The companies I'm starting to contact are not high quality acrylic, probably just plastic... IF ANYONE can think of ANY OTHER visor manufacturer, please contact them/list them ON THIS THREAD. PLEASE put down what their response was. AGAIN - if they are in the social area, I am MORE then willing to drive and get test fitted / order a set to get the ball rolling. Team effort people! Lets set a goal - lets get these made for summer!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Social = so cal* ...effin auto correct is driving me nuts...
Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey team effort on this - CALLING ALL CANADIAN ILX OWNERS - How's ABOOT looking around your area for a window visor manufacturer? Pitch in Frenchies! C'mon buddy! how's ABOOT being a PAL, GUY?!
And to all the MEXICAN (like actually living and driving in Mexico) ILX owners - ALIVIANANSE BOLA DE GUEYES! Ponganse hacer algo con su vidas cabrones! Look around Mexico for a visor manufacturer Juan! WTH HOMBRE! Tired of us Americans carrying the rest of the tuning world on our backs!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ok tomorrow Im driving to LA area in the morning. I find that if I just show up and speak with people, they take you a lot more serious then a random dude on the phone. Found a cool shop that makes their own rear roof visors and window visors. They usually make a set of 20, then based on sales, produce more. One possible problem - a lot of aftermarket visor makers basically rip off the OEM or JDM design - but the ILX is NOT JDM - it's USDM and there are NO OEM visors. #ILXtuningproblems. Anyway - this shop seems to actually produce their own design (more or less). They have CLIP-IN designs and tape on as well. Clip in would be better then tape on alone IMHO. We'll see what I can work out with this guy tomorrow. If the window visors are no go, the rear roof visor would probably still be a go. I may post their company info so if someone is interested, they can go be the test fitter. I already have a rear roof spoiler from spoiler king and I'm happy with it. I actually tried looking online for Canadian visor makers, didn't find squat. Tried looking in China, can't read the websites, and even google translate said WTH and barely translated anything... I can read and speak Spanish fluently, I will try Mexican websites next... although actually going to Mexico would probably not happen. I don't feel like dying in a cartel bloodbath, or waking up without my kidneys.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Alright seems like the LA area window visors maybe a go. Again, these dudes are gonna want 20 or more buyers - it's a business - they're making them for profit, not charity. SO - if you are down - post something in this thread saying you are. It's gonna really be lame if I go through all this effort, only to find that all you Acuraziners/ILX'ers couldn't band together to get 20 effin' people to get this done... price under $100 bucks - final price to be confirmed... C'mon people - the more people band together, the more likely this will happen...
Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

They do international shipping Candian ILXer's - probably not cheap to ship tho
Old 04-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright another possible solution - Can anybody please post cars with similar bodylines to the ILX? I think the Kia Optima has a similar body style. ANY others? I am willing to test fit visors that were made for other cars on the ILX. I know of a couple different shops that have visors in stock. Since a lot of these are glue on, and have a certain amount of flex to them, I am willing to first side by side test place them on the car, and then just say eft it and glue them on if they look alright. Cmon people lets think outside of the box here.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
I tried this once. I felt the 05 civic window line was similar. I used photoshop and I thought it was near identical. My buddy has an 05 civic so I figured if I spend 40 on visors that didnt fit it wouldnt be a huge waste.

Lets just say they didnt get CLOSE to fitting. lol And I was so sure.

I dont know of any local shops that sell visors let alone keep them in stock or else this would be a great idea.

If you know a shop that has visors just hold them up to your window and see if the lines match.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Exactly what I was thinking man - I know of a KDM specific tuning shop in the LA area and they 100% have Kia stuff in stock. I know a couple others that have the Honda stuff for sure, maybe others... Anybody know of any shops that got stuff like this in stock? I'm willing to drive and test them out. It's the weekend - road trip!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright so I was test measured again today for visors from our best hope to getting them made (so far). I don't know if the guy was telling the truth or not about the bad prototype, but whatever man. In fairness, the day he made the initial test measure, it was pretty windy, so maybe they did come out bad... Today we drove the car into the garage, and he took his time, wasn't very talkative, was more serious, and IT DID look like it was a more accurate measurement this time, but what do I know? This time he said the prototype visors should be ready in 3-4 weeks. Kind of a fast turnaround compared to the 2 months he was talking about the first time around. I really just think he wasn't that serious about it the first time around, but now it seems like it should go through. I asked a little more about what it might look like, I was asking if maybe they could make it like the Mugen style on the TSX's and SI's, he said no. The reason being that those are injection molded, and the mold itself is thousand's of dollars, and thats why those visors are a couple hundred bucks, at least.Then I asked if it would be like (use your imagination here) "flow through" where it looks almost like one piece (Mugens are like that, with aero effects). He said no, same reason. In veedub's first post on this thread, there are 2 pics of visors. Final product will look something like the first picture.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

I still think 3-4 months till theses are made. I've been test fitted or 3 or 4 parts, and ALL of them were late so far on when they said the products would be ready. So far all the other companies I listed said no, and 3 or 4 last resort ones I tried within the last week, also bailed on me. Basically - it's this guy comes through or we ar shiiiieeeet outta luck... I also tried to get coil overs made recently by about 5 different companies, 3 I went to in person. Only one was willing to make them, but he wanted to charge me regular price ($1350). I've contacted at least 10 companies so far, they were not interested. I really tried to stress to them the fact that my 2.4l has the same suspension setup as the 2012 and up SI. Some companies half-assed responded to that, others (employees, not techs) gave me REALLY dumb answers... not even gonna list those... ridiculous tho... I even tried companies that ALREADY make them for the SI, and I was just hoping they would at least hook me up with a really good discount, as I would be the test car for cross fitment confirmation. Again, they (random employees, not techs) mostly gave me dumb answers and/or the run around, would not not test fit car. Thats why I end up writing e-mails directly to tech depts. I know there are some coil overs available already, but keep in mind I'm trying to get "freebies" for test fitment. It takes some effort, scheduling, and losing your car for a few days, so really it's not free at all. You're just paying in a different way.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

And one last thing - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - IF people don't buy in on the first set, realistically, they will be the LAST set. They won't make more if the sales were slow. So I REALLY suggest buying these RIGHT AWAY when they do come out. So again -(Brad Pitt Achilles voice from the movie Troy) - "IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???!!! IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???!!!" "IMMORTALITY!!! TAKE IT!!! IT'S YOURS!!!"

Last edited by aomechmarine; 04-22-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
why dont you say everything you have to say in one post instead of flooding every single thread with nonsense?
Old 04-26-2014, 05:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just don't read my posts then. Problem solved.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

im gonna keep posting a whole lot on this thread specifically to keep the window visor thread open an on the front page of the ILX section. Although apparently, the visor companies appear to be right - no one seems to give a shiiiieeettttt .... which really sucks.... apparently there is no one else....
Old 04-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by SlaammedILX
why dont you say everything you have to say in one post instead of flooding every single thread with nonsense?
Fuck. I call people out but not because they enjoy posting and sharing information. Regardless if I need it or not.

I wish people posted here more. This place is slow and dead.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Okay so the name of the company that is going to hopefully produce these very soon (next couple of months) is HIC USA. A quick google search and you can see a bunch of stuff they make. Hopefully we get these soon. Nothing new really to add, just want to keep this thread bumped up so people buy it when it comes out. if we don't show them some love, we wont get much back either. They'll make a first run of production, then, based on sales they might make another one - OR NOT. So when they come out, just get 'em dude. What if nobody else ever makes them? Or only the one set gets made, and you miss out on it? Or somebody finally makes them like 5 years from now? I want 'em NOW! Yeah my hookup is the distributor, WE CANT ORDER OR DEAL THROUGH HIM. HE SPECIFICALLY TOLD ME THAT. But we could probably work something out with one of his end points. I had one guy as a hookup in San Diego right by my military base. He appears to have gone out of business... I may have a couple other hookups that are more local to me (closer to the LA area). Hopefully I can get some more stuff done to my car to in time to show off the visors a lot better. Just bought the front lip. I already have mudguards. Might switch those out later tho. Need to get lowered and spacers at least too. But i have a couple months so whatever.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

my car
Attached Thumbnails Window Visors-20140129_151020acurazine.jpg  
Old 05-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

So this isn't going to be like a build thread or whatever, just old pics of what i've done to the ole' ILX. I'm not much for photography, feel free to criticize my pics. These are not up to date either. I rearranged my mini VIP tables, and i have a total of 4 now - 2 on the doors and 2 in the vents in a different formation. I also got more Junction Produce stuff.
Attached Thumbnails Window Visors-20140129_151111acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_151358acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_151437acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_151456acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_152056acurazine.jpg  

Old 05-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hopefully I can help add a little to the ILX tuning community - so far i've done R&D for a cold air intake, a catback exhaust, and these visors. Hopefully some more stuff. If not, I'm almost done with my interior, so I wanna start messing with my suspension. soon..... I feel like I wanna start off with braces and bars, and then work my way to either springs or coilovers. I am trying to get test fitted for springs or coils, so all the more reason to wait. Thats also making me wait on wheel spacers, and in the long-term(final piece), wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Window Visors-20140129_151949acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_152206acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_213123acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_212913acurazine.jpg  
Old 05-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

give us visors.... OR GIVE US DEATH!!!!!
Im very open to constructive criticism/ideas. If you're just gonna hate, save the drama fo' yo mama mang - ain't nobody got time Fo' DAT! But yeah gimme some ideas, its all good.
Attached Thumbnails Window Visors-20140129_151056acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_152229acurazine.jpg   Window Visors-20140129_152336acurazine.jpg  
Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any word on this?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah most recent word is that he's getting the prototype made in Taiwan as we speak. Should be prototype fitted around the end of May/ beginning of June to confirm its good to go. Then we wait for production of the sets.... so MAYBE July at the EARLIEST (probably not tho). I hope I'm wrong and it's faster, but with my experiences so far, I doubt it. Originally the guy said we'd see these produced by summer so maybe...
Old 05-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

But seriously - see what you can do on your end in Guam bro. Maybe someone in Guam wants to make the cash others don't. I mean they would have monopoly on USDM, CanadaDM, ChinaDM, MexicanDM and now apparently GuamDM. I had no idea that they were selling these in were in Guam. Maybe other countries too?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yo Guam is a beautiful country by the way. Females be looking good son. I thought about living out there on my GI Bill and going to school for the life experience of living in another country. Cost of living is pretty high tho.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't do it brotha, I had lots of problems with the whole G.i. Bill. But cost of living ain't that bad. Weather is BI polar the north bound lane it's hot and the south bound it's raining
The following users liked this post:
aomechmarine (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Alright I found another visor/ parts maker semi near me today. I'm gonna call them tomorrow, its kinda late today. We'll see if they are down to make some visors too. Or anything else. They seem to make kinda knock-off-ish stuff tho... But for stuff like visors I don't really care. Anything motor-wise or suspension-wise, fuck that, I'm paying for quality. Visors are accessories, they aren't going to blow your motor, or destroy your undercarriage, or tear out your subframe or something. Hey also called the company I test-fitted an exhaust for back in (I think) January, maybe early February, said the exhausts are made, just getting checked by customs at the port of Long Beach. They said 1 or 2 more weeks. Yeah, heard that before...Hopefully I get this on within 2 1/2 weeks, cuz after I'll be on Active Duty Training for a couple weeks with my reserve unit. If not, I'll be pretty bummed that the exhaust will be sitting waiting for me, while I can't go grab it for a few weeks at least..., but at least I'm hoping (bare minimum) it'll be good to go after my AT time is up, so maybe end of June at least? Then I'll take a pic or 2 and post that on this thread to keep it bumped for future visor progress watchers/ wanters. The visor prototype should be test fitted by then as well. Although same issue might happen. It could be ready, but I could be at duty...

Last edited by aomechmarine; 05-22-2014 at 01:27 AM. Reason: mispelled
Old 05-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well now add RS Type to the list of visor manufacturers that can't/don't/won't make the visors for us... C'mon HIC you're killing me... please hurry.... I want these for the summer -por favor....
Old 05-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
info on those curtains? those are kinda dope.
aomechmarine (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Autofashion USA - they have the best price. (on those specific ones) size small.
aksilx (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
nice find, I been looking for one for the saab for a while.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

So I just threw on the skunk2 header for the 2012 Civic Si. (well a shop did it for me). I didn't drive it a ton yet, and I already have the Injen cold air intake on too, but it was an INSTANT noticeable gain. To be honest, this is the FIRST mod any 2.4 owner should do. I don't even have my catback on yet. But it still has a NICE deep growl, slightly buzzy at certain low gears/rpms. But WOT it freaking screams man! And if you're in 4th or higher and low RPM, it stays quiet enough, at least to me. Reason I say first mod is because 1) smog - might as well have the most fun you can before you gotta pay the smog man a visit. 2)the SI forums said this thing is #1 bolt on powergain for the price. I'll post pics soon.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Oh actually theres a couple pics on the 9k racing instagram.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry to interrupt your side topic.. but im also flooding weathertechs window visor request. its not cool that they make it for every other car but the ILX. thats one thing that would add looks to our already nice ride..
aomechmarine (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

No problem man lets keep this shit bumped up - lets get SOMEBODY (else besides HIC) to make these things.

Quick Reply: Window Visors