Chrome trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 12:19 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome trim

My 2014 ILX got broken into the first week I had it (in January 2018).. they broke the window.. leaving damage on the side panel and the chrome trim, passenger side.. Anyone know where to get this piece and is the installation fairly straightforward?

Pic attached, you can see the small dents in the trim.. annoying to look at whenever I see it
Old 04-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
Sucks to hear about the break in but what an ugly job though. Could of done you a favor and just broke the window instead of bending the molding.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by nothome17
Sucks to hear about the break in but what an ugly job though. Could of done you a favor and just broke the window instead of bending the molding.
It actually looks like they broke the glass as well.....

Have you tried to bring it in to the dealership, I doubt you can just buy this piece easily - I would use your car/vehicle insurance and pay the deductible to get it all done right. However if you are hard pressed/determined to pick up the part on your own, I would first go to a dealership and find out what the part number is then search online for an official parts dealer. I ordered my rear taillights this way and saved a few $$.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:51 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by nothome17
I know right!

Originally Posted by Chrifff

Have you tried to bring it in to the dealership, I doubt you can just buy this piece easily - I would use your car/vehicle insurance and pay the deductible to get it all done right. However if you are hard pressed/determined to pick up the part on your own, I would first go to a dealership and find out what the part number is then search online for an official parts dealer. I ordered my rear taillights this way and saved a few $$.
Yeah, actually from what it seemed like they tried to get in through by the side panel first and that didn't work.. then they tried up top where the chrome trim is and it didn't work.. and then they just smashed the window.

But yeah thanks for the idea, will do that!
Old 04-21-2018, 12:00 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Chrifff

Regarding the insurance. I wanted to go through insurance but I made the mistake of not properly taking into account the damage to the side panel + frame and chrome trim.. I was only thinking about the window.. mainly because it was still freezing temperatures here and snowing, I just wanted to get the window fixed asap along with being pissed off.. so for the window alone I felt it wasn't worth it to make the claim.. now thinking back on it, would have definitely been smarter to claim it and get everything fixed legit through the Acura body shop and even get an OEM Acura window. Oh well. lesson learned on that part.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by korona
Regarding the insurance. I wanted to go through insurance but I made the mistake of not properly taking into account the damage to the side panel + frame and chrome trim.. I was only thinking about the window.. mainly because it was still freezing temperatures here and snowing, I just wanted to get the window fixed asap along with being pissed off.. so for the window alone I felt it wasn't worth it to make the claim.. now thinking back on it, would have definitely been smarter to claim it and get everything fixed legit through the Acura body shop and even get an OEM Acura window. Oh well. lesson learned on that part.
Doh! Good luck finding the parts, but I would definitely try an online Acura certified parts dealer.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by korona
What's stopping you from making a claim now?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:26 PM
9th Gear

Sorry to hear about that...some people...
Old 04-26-2018, 04:21 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by schen72
What's stopping you from making a claim now?
Well its not really worth it at this point.. I spent $240 (Canadian) for the window replacement and they were able to bend the frame and put back the side panel (only has a small chip in it).. my deductible would cost me an extra $500. Unless I have my knowledge of insurance wrong?