Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Whiskers Weight Loss Advice Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
Mmmmmm Soy burgers. My uncle is a Rastafarian so he is vegaterian and would always eat those. I forgot the name of them though...is the best one Boca?
Boca - Flame Broiled flavored is my favorite.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Interesting. Interesting.

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
This is my biggest problem. I grew up with a traditional mom that literally cooked everyday so now I am spoiled about cooking and don't really know any good recipes other then the ones she cooked (Island food which usually takes 1-2 hours to cook but generally really good for you) Can you reccommend a good cookbook or site with non gimmicky/fad diet recipes. I just want to eat like a normal healthy person but I find myself skipping meals because cooking takes so long plus I don't want to get on a fad diet.

I love to cook an usually stick to healthy meals. I've been getting Cooking Light magazine for several years and they have lots of good recipes. Also, they come out with a cookbook every year which has all of the year's recipes in one place.

Not only are the recipes typically pretty good, the nutritional info is printed for each one, so you know what you're getting yourself into.

http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/

edit: looks like some of their recipes are on their website too. sweet.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Go Giants

Very cool (looks like you need to be a subscriber to see the online recipies).
Old 10-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Interesting. Interesting.

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I've never really browsed the Cooking Light website, but it appears very helpful. If you are a member, you can browse recipes by nationality, occasion, ingredients, etc. They recipes are rated by other members.

It even has a function that makes your shopping list when you've planned your menu.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Go Giants

Looks like a good site to bookmark:

http://www.healthandfitness.com/
Old 10-01-2005, 09:20 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wstevens
I love to cook an usually stick to healthy meals. I've been getting Cooking Light magazine for several years and they have lots of good recipes. Also, they come out with a cookbook every year which has all of the year's recipes in one place.

Not only are the recipes typically pretty good, the nutritional info is printed for each one, so you know what you're getting yourself into.

http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/

edit: looks like some of their recipes are on their website too. sweet.

I am going to sign up for a subscription, a lot of those recipes look
Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Go Giants

Maybe trendy and expensive, but at 5 - 10 (or 0) calories per serving, they taste great...

http://www.drinkfuze.com/slenderize.asp
http://www.drinkfuze.com/
Old 10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Is Slimfast acceptable as a lunch replacement?

Finally got around to picking some up along with Special K bars whiskers.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by dom
Is Slimfast acceptable as a lunch replacement?

Finally got around to picking some up along with Special K bars whiskers.
Sure - Try to replace at least one meal with Slim fast.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been on my diet for about a month now.....eating significantly less plus working out a lot more. I often feel lighted headed while running and lifting....which I was told by my friend is because I don't eat enough. I really don't want to eat more because i feel like I am pushing the limit of how much food I should be eating.
My question is about protein shakes.....how does it affect my weight loss goal. Right now I am about 190lbs and would like to be down at around 170-175lbs.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by yuhoo22
I have been on my diet for about a month now.....eating significantly less plus working out a lot more. I often feel lighted headed while running and lifting....which I was told by my friend is because I don't eat enough. I really don't want to eat more because i feel like I am pushing the limit of how much food I should be eating.
My question is about protein shakes.....how does it affect my weight loss goal. Right now I am about 190lbs and would like to be down at around 170-175lbs.
I did not have any protein shakes while loosing weight, I am now. I would eat a Pria bar before cardio. However, in your case, you have much less to loose then I did.

The GNC protein shake I have now is 120 calories per scoop with water. I would suggest starting out with a one scoop with water about an hour before your workout. If you find you are still lightheaded and you are still loosing weight, I would go to 2 scoops. I recently found that having one scoop with skim milk before running didn't affect my weight loss. There is actually some studies showing that milk can help in weight loss.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:57 PM
tsxy

I was told to post this in here:

And here are some nutritional guidelines to make sure you're eating properly to lose fat:

NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR REDUCING BODY FAT

1. Eat every 2-3 hours (4-6 small meals a day), balanced meals of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Exception: you don't necessarily have to eat carbohydrates with your last meal or two of the day, you CAN just eat protein and fat. Unless it's post workout (post strength training), then you NEED to eat some carbs.

2. Try to keep the protein intake in each of your meals consistent. If you are resistance/strength training, eat a minimum of your bodyweight in grams of protein, divided up equally into each of your meals. Example: if you weigh 120#, take 120/# of meals you will eat that day (we will say 5) and you get 24. Eat about 24g of protein with each meal.

3. Don't be afraid of fat, you NEED fat in order to BURN fat. You need to turn your body into a fat burning machine. In order to do this, you keep your carbs fairly low (30-40 grams per meal is a good rule of thumb, but it does depend on your activity level) and your fat intake moderate. As in, the lower your carbs, the more fat you should be consuming.

4. Avoid sugars and over-processed foods like the plague. Read your labels, avoid food with sugar listed in the ingredients.

5. Avoid processed foods, like those in boxes/packages and also anything made with white flour. White flour is over-processed. Also anything that says, "enriched" avoid it as well, it basically means over-processed.

6. Eat as close to nature as you can. In other words, the closer closer the food to how it occurs in nature, the better for you it is, and ESPECIALLY for fat burning.

7. Avoid starchy carbs like corn, bread (esp white bread), pasta., chips! Cookies!

8. For your last meal or two of the day, consume only green veggies for your carbohydrates. Generally for your last meal you should consume less carbohydrates and more fat. You basically taper off your carbohydrate intake as it gets later in the day.

9. Last but not least, do NOT cut your calories too low. For starters I wouldn't even drop ANY calories. I would eat maintenance calories (eat normally) and just focus on cleaning up your diet (get rid of drinking sodas, etc) and getting consistent with a good macronutrient ratio (protein, carbs, fat). Some examples of good cutting ratios (percentage of total calories) are: 40P/30C/30F, 40P/25C/35F, 40P/20C/40F, or 35P/35C/30F etc.

10. A good website (free) to help you keep track of your calories, protein, carbs, and fat is: www.fitday.com

Here are some good choices for foods to eat, conducive to burning fat and/or staying lean. If the food you are eating is not on this list, I would question it.

PROTEINS

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder
Egg Whites or Whole Eggs
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)
Soy Burgers
Low-fat cottage cheese

SLOW BURNING/COMPLEX CARBS

Oatmeal (Old Fashioned or Quick Oats)
Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
Oat Bran Cereal
Rye Cereal
Grape Nuts
Brown Rice
Farina (Cream of Wheat)
Multigrain Hot Cereal
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta
100% Stoneground Whole Wheat Bread

FIBROUS CARBS

Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Okra
Spinach
Bell Peppers
Brussel Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Eggplant
Green or Red Pepper
Onions
Pumpkin
Garlic
Tomatoes
Zucchini

FRUIT

Apples
Grapefruit
Peaches
Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Lemons or Limes

HEALTHY FATS

Natural Peanut Butter
Olive Oil or Safflower Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds)
Flaxseed Oil

BEVARAGES

Crystal Light
Green Tea
Other Tea (without sugar)
Coffee (without sugar)

CONDIMENTS

Lite, reduced fat Mayonnaise
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
Balsamic Vinegar
Salsa
Hot Peppers and Hot Sauce
Chili powder
Mrs. Dash
Steak Sauce
Sugar Free Maple Syrup
Chili Paste
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc )
Low Sodium beef or chicken broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste)
Stevia (natural sweetener)
Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Agreed.....

I do think however, you should limit your calorie intake (especially if you are trying to loose weight). IMO, this should be in conjunction with eating the right foods

Exactly.

Weight loss can be best achieved by adjusting caloric intake.

The main problem with this is that most people dont know what their RMR (resting metabolic rate) is. In order to be healthy about weight loss, knowing your RMR is probably one of the best things you can do in order to eat the right amount of calories.

RMR, Resting Metabolic Rate, is how many calories your body burns in a given day. This number changes easily when you exercise, eat, do anything... It is most effective to measure it in the morning, right when you wake up, on an empty stomach.

People tend to just guess what their RMR is and are usually way off (eat way too little or dont limit food intake enough) a lot of people will go down to like 1000 calories a day and thats very low.

Your usual health club offers RMR tests for around $50 and honestly, it's $50 well spent. If anybody is interested in getting one done please talk to me because there are things you need to do to prep for the test so you get the most accurate reading.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 PM
tsxy

Dont overload on the protein, it puts a lot of stress on your Kidneys... Honestly you dont need much more than 1 g of protein to 1lb of body weight if you want to gain muscle..
Old 10-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
If I don't eat breakfast now, shoud I start? I'm thinking maybe a slimfast would be good so I'm not so hungry by lunchtime.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by Ashburner
If I don't eat breakfast now, shoud I start? I'm thinking maybe a slimfast would be good so I'm not so hungry by lunchtime.
I have a slimfast shake in the morning (or a protein shake), and a fruit (apple or banana around 10:30). Eat breakfast, if you don't you will pig out during lunch.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:21 PM
tsxy

YES! Breakfast (besides post wo) is the most important meal of the day!

Your metabolism speeds up when you eat in order to brun more calories. Eat breakfast! But also remember, like anything you eat, it matters what you put into your body.

What time would eat breakfast?
What time do you eat lunch?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stphy32
YES! Breakfast (besides post wo) is the most important meal of the day!

Your metabolism speeds up when you eat in order to brun more calories. Eat breakfast! But also remember, like anything you eat, it matters what you put into your body.

What time would eat breakfast?
What time do you eat lunch?
Breakfast would be between 7:15-7:30am - Lunch around 11:15-noon
Old 10-07-2005, 03:05 PM
tsxy

Breakfast would be between 7:15-7:30am - Lunch around 11:15-noon
Ok another question- what time do you wake up at (approx) and what time do you go to bed (approx)?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:35 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

stphy,

can you help me out a little also? I wake up around 5:30AM and go to bed about midnight. I usually have some oatmeal or egg whites at around 7:30 and eat lunch at noon.

My main goal is to lose weight and get more defined. I currently weigh 190 and would like to go back to 165 - 170 like I was in college. Only thing is in college I was that weight but could play basketball non stop for 3 hours and also bench press about 200. Now I can probably bench press only about 150.

Note to Whiskers: Just trying to get a second opinion....I have been doing as many of the tips you posted as possible.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 AM
tsxy

Originally Posted by yuhoo22
stphy,

can you help me out a little also? I wake up around 5:30AM and go to bed about midnight. I usually have some oatmeal or egg whites at around 7:30 and eat lunch at noon.

My main goal is to lose weight and get more defined. I currently weigh 190 and would like to go back to 165 - 170 like I was in college. Only thing is in college I was that weight but could play basketball non stop for 3 hours and also bench press about 200. Now I can probably bench press only about 150.

Note to Whiskers: Just trying to get a second opinion....I have been doing as many of the tips you posted as possible.
Of course I will help you. Few things first:

How serious are you about wanting to lose the weight? How much does it mean to you? I can give you a ton of information but Im just wondering how much in depth you would like me to go

So you wake up at 530am but you dont eat breakfast until 730am? 2 hours later-Why is that?
I say that because of this: For your goals you really should eat your last meal before 8pm and then you arent eating breakfast until 730am that is almost 12 hours that your body is going without food.
Unless you are doing cardio in the morning (which is an excellent way to burn fat) you should really eat within 1/2 hour to 1 hour max after waking up. (because as I already mentioned you are already going for such a long time without feeding your body)

Ok you say you want to lose weight and get more defined? So I assume you mean leaner. When people say they want to be more defined it means "bringing their body fat low enough to wear you can see muscle definition" Now you cant see definition if there really isnt any to begin with. Are you satisfied with the size of your muscles under the fat or not really? Or do you think you would also want to add some more muscle size?

It is very hard to lose weight and add muscle at the same time. What I would work on now is losing weight but trying to keep the muscle you already have. In order to do this diet (what you should be eating on a consistent basis) is what is going to matter the most. Then after you get to where your body fat is low enough and you are satisfied, then we can work on adding muscle size (if you want to)

Answer my few questions and I can definitely get more specific to help you achieve your goals. i.e. workouts and diet tips

Last edited by stphy32; 10-10-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Thanks.

Well the main reason why i don't eat right away is because 1) I am usually tired still 2) I have to drive to work which takes about 35-50 minutes. By the time I get to work, settle in, respond to a few emails its usually 7:15.

I am not happy with the amount of muscle I have, but at the same time I am not complaining. I am stronger than a lot of my friends but at the same time I would definitely like to add more.

I know what you are saying as far as doing one or the other. I would like to first drop the 20-25lbs first as I feel like i have gained more like 30lbs in fat over the last 3-4 years because I definitely lost muscle in addition to the extra 20lbs. (making me figures its about 30lbs+ in fat)

Basically my clothes are starting to get tight, and I'm sick of having to buy new pants. I don't know how it got this bad, but it has got to stop now! I'm really serious about this, considering all my friends and family say that I have gained A LOT!

Thanks for your help.

BTW: is that you in your avator?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 AM
tsxy

That is Timea Majorova, she is a fitness model
Old 10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
So losing 90lbs took you only 7 months?!? thats really good. I am looking to lose 10-15lbs to acheive an average BMI.

I recentely started to walk/jog/run on the treadmill for 30 mins a day. I wonder how long it will take me..

BTW...What is you average lunch? what do you have everyday in that time period?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by VoLLy_1llusioNz
So losing 90lbs took you only 7 months?!? thats really good. I am looking to lose 10-15lbs to acheive an average BMI.

I recentely started to walk/jog/run on the treadmill for 30 mins a day. I wonder how long it will take me..

BTW...What is you average lunch? what do you have everyday in that time period?
More like 90 lbs in 10 months now.

-Keep on the treadmill
-Lunch for me is either a salad or turkey or chicken on wheat.
-I posted my basic daily intake here, but I had a lot more to loose. I average about 1500 calories a day now, but I need to bump it up a bit (people are telling me that I am too thin now).
An average day was: Slim Fast, banana, salad, yogurt (low fat), cereal, skim milk, banana.

Good luck and let me know.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:27 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
From another forum. Might be half a repost, but I believe this list is a little bigger:

"There's always a little confusion over what's good to eat and what's crap. I suggest we make a list of the good things. The things any bodybuilder or weightlifter would eat. This should clear up some of the confusion. Add anything you feel is appropriate.

1-2 Gallons of Water a day

Protein

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut, sushi, mahi mahi, Orange roughi, tilapia, Sardines)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder (Whey, Casein, Soy, Egg)
Eggs
Low or Non-Fat Cottage cheese, Ricotta
Low fat or Non fat Yogurt
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (stew meat, London broil, Stir fry)
Top Sirloin (Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (filet mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Stir Fry, Fajitas)
Eye of Round (Cube meat, Stew meat, Bottom Round)
Ground Turkey, Turkey Breast slices or cutlets (*no deli or sandwich meats)

Complex Carbs (nothing enriched, bleached or processed if possible)

Oatmeal (Old fashioned, Quick oats, Irish steal cut)
Sweet Potatoes, Yams
Beans (Black eyed, Pinto, Red, Kidney, Black)
Oat Bran Cereal, Grape nuts, Rye cereal, Multi grain hot cereal
Farin (Cream of wheat)
Whole Wheat frozen Bagels, Pitas
Whole wheat or Spinach Pasta, Whey Pasta
Rice (Brown, jasmin, basmiti, arborio, wild)
Potatoes (red, white, baking)

Fibrous Carbs

Green Leafy lettuce (red, green, romaine)
Broccoli
Asparagus
String Beans
Spinach
Bell Pepers (Green or Red)
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Celery
Cucumber
Carrots
Eggplant
Onions
Pumpkin
Garlic
Tomatoes
Zucchini

Fruit (If acceptable on diet)
bananas, oranges, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemons or limes

Healthy Fats

Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive oil, Safflower oil
Flaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

Dairy

Eggs
Low or Non-Fat cottage cheese, Ricotta
Low or non-fat milk
Low fat or non-fat yogurt

Condiments & Spices

Diet Soda
Crystal light
Fat free mayonaise
Reduced sodium Soy Sauce
Reduced sodium Teriyaki Sauce
balsamic Vinegar
Salsa, Jalepenos
Hot peppers and Hot sauce, Cayanne pepper
Chili powder and Chili paste
Mrs. Dash
Steak Sauce
Sugar free Maple Syrup
Mustard
Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc)
Low sodium beef or chicken Broth
Plain or reduced sodium tomatoe sauce or paste
Fat Free Light Italian Dressing
Fat Free Vinegarette
Light Jello"
Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Go Giants

Im now on an oatmeal kick.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
tsxy

Ok I am a firm believer in not eating any of that SUGAR FREE SHIT.

Its all freakin chemicals.

The reality is that that shit is intended for Diabetics

After the low fat kick got booted and people realized low carbs were a [unhealthy] way to go (to lose weight quickly) they started attacking this "sugar-free" buzz that was intended for diabetics!!! Think about it, before the low carb thing there were not that many sugar free products because they were mainly just bought by diabetics. Now that people are into low carbs the sugar free products have sky rocketed.

You have to ask yourself "How good is sugar free food" do some research!!! I would stay FAR away from it and just eat natural things. Look at the ingredient list on a "sugar free" food. Yes, your BLOOD-insulin level is not directly affected (because these are safe for diabetics) but what do you think!? The ingredients just evaporate into your body!?

RESEARH.

sorry , done ranting

I just hate the stupid freakin sugar free shit, its so bad for u!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
how handsome I am

why cant people just go walking/jogging/running for 35/45 minutes a day/every two days??

All this low carb / sugar free poop is just ridiculous.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:35 AM
tsxy

Originally Posted by agranado
why cant people just go walking/jogging/running for 35/45 minutes a day/every two days??

finally a smart person on this board!

Old 10-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by stphy32
Ok I am a firm believer in not eating any of that SUGAR FREE SHIT.

Its all freakin chemicals.

The reality is that that shit is intended for Diabetics

After the low fat kick got booted and people realized low carbs were a [unhealthy] way to go (to lose weight quickly) they started attacking this "sugar-free" buzz that was intended for diabetics!!! Think about it, before the low carb thing there were not that many sugar free products because they were mainly just bought by diabetics. Now that people are into low carbs the sugar free products have sky rocketed.

You have to ask yourself "How good is sugar free food" do some research!!! I would stay FAR away from it and just eat natural things. Look at the ingredient list on a "sugar free" food. Yes, your BLOOD-insulin level is not directly affected (because these are safe for diabetics) but what do you think!? The ingredients just evaporate into your body!?

RESEARH.

sorry , done ranting

I just hate the stupid freakin sugar free shit, its so bad for u!
The sugar free stuff has its place. I agree that a lot of sugar free items (especially cookies, cakes and chocolate) is for diabetics, there are valid reasons for some of them. I eat sugar free sucking candy and also put Splenda in my coffee. Just keep it in moderation.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by agranado

Exercise is the most important component to weight loss. Exercise first and the rest will follow.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 AM
I

Exercise is the most important component to weight loss. Exercise first and the rest will follow.
I know I'm not the one who's lost all this weight so I don't wanna sound like I know more than you, but I think that diet plays a bigger role. You can eat 5000 calories a day and burn off 1000, you're still left with 4000.

The less junk you eat, the less exercise you will need to lose weight. It should be a good mix of diet and exercise. It's what and when you eat that's gonna make the biggest difference.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by FastAcura
I know I'm not the one who's lost all this weight so I don't wanna sound like I know more than you, but I think that diet plays a bigger role. You can eat 5000 calories a day and burn off 1000, you're still left with 4000.

The less junk you eat, the less exercise you will need to lose weight. It should be a good mix of diet and exercise. It's what and when you eat that's gonna make the biggest difference.
The exercise is the motivator for a lifestyle change. True, you can eat McDonalds all day and jog and still get fat, but mentally you won't do that. When you do a daily exercise, your body gets more efficient at burning fat even during rest, this helps greatly in weight loss.....
Old 10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I

The exercise is the motivator for a lifestyle change. True, you can eat McDonalds all day and jog and still get fat, but mentally you won't do that.
I agree with this. Sometimes when I run in the morning and am about to eat lunch, I think "I didn't do all that hard work to end up where I started" If I wasn't lifting, I wouldn't care about protein and complex carbs, so you're right it does make a difference mentally.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
tsxy

The sugar free stuff has its place. I agree that a lot of sugar free items (especially cookies, cakes and chocolate) is for diabetics, there are valid reasons for some of them. I eat sugar free sucking candy and also put Splenda in my coffee. Just keep it in moderation.

Rather than Splenda, try Stevia.

Look it up
Old 10-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Go Giants

Interesting
Old 10-20-2005, 11:51 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Whiskers, can you do a section on cereal

And for anybody else, should I only eat one helping of cereal a day? (like at breakfast) I always eat it in the morning and usually every night for snack. I'm only trying to lose a little weight by cutting down on how much I eat. Should I keep with the cereal and drop another food item, or vice versa.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by Scottman111
Whiskers, can you do a section on cereal

And for anybody else, should I only eat one helping of cereal a day? (like at breakfast) I always eat it in the morning and usually every night for snack. I'm only trying to lose a little weight by cutting down on how much I eat. Should I keep with the cereal and drop another food item, or vice versa.

Thanks.
For me, cereal seems to be a good choice any time of day, with some rules.
-Skim milk!!!
-Healthy cereal
-Add a banana

My favorites:
-Low Carb Special K
-Regular Special K
-Weight Watchers cereal
-Cherios
Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The reason I suggest this is because exercise seems to be a natural appetite suppressant. You will be surprised that once you come back from your cardio, you will not want that late night snack.

For those who are wondering:

The reason for that is because your body is designed to stop various functions in order to concentrate on the tasks associated with skeletal muscle motion, lung/heart functions, etc. In extreme cases your body will divert blood to muscles and starve other organs. One of the first ones it shuts down is the stomach (and large and small intenstants)which is a muscle in itself (different type of muscle but still a muscle that needs attention).

Quick Reply: Whiskers Weight Loss Advice Thread