Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Need you guys' help.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Need you guys' help.

So I'm 17, I ran Cross Country for two years, wasn't the best, I think the fastest I've ran was 18:42 on a pretty geographic (Hilly wooded area) 3 1/2 miles course and came in like 49th of 70 between 3 schools (including mine). So anyway I'm pretty much S*** compared to the guys on my team who basically sprinted the whole time and finished in under 12 minutes! What ever, they weigh like 130 and I weigh 180 and didn't have proper running shoes at the time.

Well that was then and this is now;

I cannot run a complete mile with out stopping to speed walk for a good 15-30 seconds. I used to be able to run a whole mile and then some with just a few short breaks. My mile lap time is right above the 8 minute mark. I honestly think that's damn good to not have ran Cross Country or do any workouts since the season a little over 2 years ago. When I was in my top notch shape at around 167lbs and running XCountry, I ran my mile in 6:07! Two years ago though.

So to compensate, I started running track last year and I done me well. I kept my weight down around the 168-172lb mark and I had stamina and endurance and great everything. I ran track for 2 seasons, Indoor and outdoor, and rand the 55M dash and 300M dash, both of which I came in near the end (I guess I don't have VTEC yet!) so I was swapped over to Shot Put and Discus and that's where everything got bad. I lost all of my stamina and ability to keep a running pace. I know what you're thinking, I went form a fast jog in Cross Country to Sprints in track and then to doing nothing but throwing a 12lb ball 25ft and a disc sum 60ft.

So here I am now, 182lbs, 5'11", 17 and in desperate need of a serious work out plan that will put my a** back in shape for this Track season(s). I love Track so no doubt about it I'll push to get back to a decent shape, so here's what I've done so far:

I've limited my meals. I used to eat however I wanted. For the past 4 weeks I've cut out lunch all together and lessened my dinner proportions all just to help shrink my stomach, not loose weight, so that when I do go on a hard core healthy diet I wont be AS-HUNGRY because my stomach has shrunk. I've kept breakfast nearly the same or a little more as I'll work off those calories and complex carbs through out the day. However, I've actually seen negative side effects to this. My problems now are being pass-out-tired 60% of the day and experiencing uncomfortable abdominal pains. Almost as if I'm bloated and something is blocked up. I've had theses issues quite often and I'm starting to wonder if they're due to lack of bathroom use. (#2 like once a week or so, twice I'f I'm lucky, no matter what I eat! No exaggeration here!) I've always been like that, even when I constantly ate. And on top of that, I've gotten sick with a cold since I've stopped eating and feel like I've gained weight, though I'm almost positive that that's because of muscle loss. Our bodies will eat muscle before fat because it's easier to break down. I don't plan on doing this for too much longer, I've actually gotten really used to it, but I think I'm ready to start a workout routine and a whole new diet before it's too late.

So.

If any of you have a successful diet and work out routine that you think would have similar effects on me, then please share. Of all things in my life, I want a body, and I want to keep it once I get it.

If I had to describe myself. I'd say I'm not fat, but pudgy. My problem area's are definitely my boobs and stomach!

Legs are in great shape, they look like they don't belong to me, which makes things worse since everything waist up is so out of shape.

Some things I'd like to have;
- A decent stomach, I'll be ok with a no-show 4 or 6 pack (LOL), as long as I don't look 4 months pregnant anymore!! I don't have to ripped, just 'thick'.
-Biceps! I have average looking Biceps when I flex them, otherwise, I have chicken wings. Not cool.
-Pecks, not man boobs. They're not overlapping my chest or anything serious, but they're not exactly pecks, no matter how much they may look like it through a nice shirt.
-And with all of that, I suspect my back trims a little bit as well, after the skin tightens back up, rofl.

So if I get a work out down pat, 4-5 times a day for a good 2 hours and eat right, how long should this take to become a reality? A year? Would my metabolism speed up and will I be able to keep it that way?

If I could describe my overall performance, I'd say I'm the Acura RL of humans. Spirited but quickly runs out of breath due o all the extra weight.

So if you will just help me out some. Greatly appreciated!
Old 09-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey man... I read most of your post, I have some experience with working out/dieting so I will try to help. To me it seems you would like to tone up/lose fat. Since you haven't really been working out to much or focusing on your diet that shouldn't be too hard.

I would reccommend you start on a three day workout split and do cardio on two days, and have two rest days.

Certain muscle groups are better paired with others (For example when doing chest, you typically will use your triceps to a lesser extent) Because certain muscles are already being indirectly I would reccommend you setup your workout like this...

Monday- Chest/Tricep
Tuesday- Back - Bicep
Wednesday - Run
Thursday - Off
Friday- Leg/Shoulder
Saturday-Off
Sunday- Run

Cardio is going to help you lose weight but what is really going to help you lose weight is your diet. DO NOT SKIP MEALS! Instead eat small meals every 3 hours or so. Good protein and good carbs. Chicken/steak/tuna/brown rice/oat meal/ wheat bread/wheat pasta...

As far as how long it will take to see results? It depends on how much effort you put in. If you go to the gym (and stick to a routine), and eat good, and get sleep you will see results fairly quick (a month or two before you see changes)
The following users liked this post:
Timmy18 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
That's a great routine! I'm sold!

On a VERY positive note with doing what I have been is that I now weigh 172'bs. I just done a little work out yesterday-- I jogged for a good 30 minutes then sprinted 5 30 meter dashes and went on to do abs/pilates/rest and prior to all of that I had a light breakfast (non fat yogurt and some oat meal) and drank lots of water, and of course stretched.

I was mildly pleased with my pilates workouts but I was very impressed with my 'get up and go' that I still had. Sorta felt like the TSX in my drive way, lol.

I'll have to update you on my progress. ~Feels great to be a little soar (biceps and abs).