Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

AZ - Any Climbers?

Old 03-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
AZ - Any Climbers?

I searched the Health & Fitness subforum and didn't see a climbing thread (Mods, feel free to merge this post into that thread if needed )

I started climbing 3 1/2 months ago and I'm definitely hooked, especially after doing my first outdoor session in San Luis Obispo last weekend.

It appeals to me much more than the traditional gym because it's a much more dynamic way of working out - Every route (especially outdoor) can be done differently, hand / foot placement, and order all matters.

NOTE: This takes nothing away from the gym (whether it being traditional or not) - everybody has fitness / workouts that appeals most to them; I have respect for anybody who gets positive results in anything they do.

I've progressed from 5.5s to 5.10Bs on the indoor ropes and just recently tackled my first V3 route bouldering. I'm hungry for more progress, but finger / tendon health is something I'm not taking lightly. Being 5' 9" @ 175 pounds is a bit on the heavy side for your ideal climbing physique (especially with weak ass IT hands), just makes it that much more challenging.

As for gear, I'm running a basic Black Diamond Momentum Harness & Climb-X shoes. I'll start accumulating more as I get more involved in the outdoor scene

Here's a few pictures from last weekend (don't mind the socks & short shorts )

AZ - Feel free to post up some pictures of your most recent climb & some gear! I'd love to see it.