Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

ATTN: Noobs! Read this before you do anything!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ATTN: Noobs! Read this before you do anything!

You're probably here to look better, or be healthier, or both. If you want to become a professional powerlifter, or bodybuilder, or strongman, find another forum.

Assuming you fit the above criteria we can help. There's some things you need to understand first, though.

AFTER you read this thread, read the stickies. Everything you need to know should be in there. Only then should you make a thread asking for help.

I have 0 tolerance for whiners. I'm not here to hold your hand. I'm not here make you go to the gym and eat healthy. You do or you don't. There is no inbetween. You have to realize that everything is 100% in your hands.

I'm not here to make fun of you, I'm not a prick. But I won't hesitate to call a spade a spade - if you're being a whiny pussy I'm going to call you a whiny pussy.

Know that I am not infallable. My posts are what i believe to be the best advice and knowledge available at the time. I learn new things, new research comes out all the time. I've changed some of my fundamental training beliefs a several times over the past few years as i learned more. I will change my opinion on some things. That said, I don't think i will ever give bad advice. What I tell you will work.

In that same vein I edit and tweak my stickies from time to time. Don't have a heart attack if something changes. "What?! Last week you said X, and now you're saying Y!" Yeah, I know.

Know that I have no official training, no certifications. I'm a 20 year old college student who has been doing this for a while. I get my knowledge from a variety of sources that myself, and many people that know a hell of a lot more about fitness than me, respect a great deal. I'm not a doctor. I don't know why your heart hurts when you breathe, go see a professional.

Know that everyone is different. The most I can give you is a basic framework and starting points for achieving your goals. To get the most out of the work you put in you will have to tweak my suggestions and figure out what works for you. If that sounds too hard give up now.

After reading this forum for a while you'll probably notice that my advice centers around weight training. Is that the only way to get in shape? No. Do you HAVE to do it for the rest of my advice to apply? Not really. But trust me: it will help you immensely. I don't care if your friend only does pushups, situps, and crunches, drinks a 6 pack a day, smokes like a chimney, and is built like Terrel Owens. He's got good genetics to thank, not his "routine."

More good general knowledge article for beginners, everyone should read this:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=984952