US Acura Parts Retailers No longer allowed to ship to Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:56 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
US Acura Parts Retailers No longer allowed to ship to Canada!

Hey Guys/Girls,

I have been a long time owner of a 2005 Acura TL and just recently traded her in for a 2009 Acura MDX. In the past I have ordered from curryacuraparts.com for all my accessories and parts. So when I was looking to purchase a few pricey accessories from curryacura I was notified that they no longer ship to Canada.... I guess Honda America sent out a notice to all American Acura Parts retailers saying that they are no longer allowed to sell outside of the States due to dealerships in Canada complaining about losing business.

I just got a quote from my local dealership for the accessories and it's literally double the cost without install either.......

I did a thorough google search to see if there were any Canadian Online retailers but came up with mostly just aftermarket parts. I'm looking for OEM accessories!

Does anybody have any suggestions or hookups?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Cruisin'

Hopefully someone can help, I'm looking for online oem parts and just discovered the same thing. Came here to post about it, but saw this.

Curryacuraparts and oemacuraparts no longer ship to Canada =(

Any suggestions?
The following users liked this post:
babo_seki (10-20-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
They stopped shipping to Canada like last year.

I don't know about dealerships here complaining, but:

The reasoning behind it from what I heard is that it cost WAY too much to continue shipping to Canada. Those american dealers online were losing lots of money shipping parts up to us for such a low price.

I always found it amazing that I would pay $15 to have them ship something up here and it arrive in THREE days with detailed tracking when I've paid $30 for shipping without accurate tracking and takes over 2 weeks to arrive.

They just couldn't continue losing money with shipping to Canada, so they stopped.

What I do is just ship to the border now and pick things up from there.
Even after taxes and declaration, it turns out to be cheaper.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
They stopped shipping to Canada like last year.

I don't know about dealerships here complaining, but:

The reasoning behind it from what I heard is that it cost WAY too much to continue shipping to Canada. Those american dealers online were losing lots of money shipping parts up to us for such a low price.

I always found it amazing that I would pay $15 to have them ship something up here and it arrive in THREE days with detailed tracking when I've paid $30 for shipping without accurate tracking and takes over 2 weeks to arrive.

They just couldn't continue losing money with shipping to Canada, so they stopped.

What I do is just ship to the border now and pick things up from there.
Even after taxes and declaration, it turns out to be cheaper.
Yeah...I'm not sure I buy that. Firstly, I just bought a headlight housing from oemacuraparts just a few months back. And trust me, they did not lose money on the shipping.

Which brings us to, secondly, if shipping was the issue, they would simply up their shipping cost. Nobody has told them that they have to lose money on shipping.

I could buy the dealers putting pressure on Acura, although Acura Canada would likely be a different division than Acura USA, and I don't know how much sway the Canadian dealers hold with the American division.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Cruisin'

So after some moar research I found this thread, which may contain some useful info if you're wondering the same thing I am...

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...canada-907069/

Also, an interesting suggestion that was pointed out in the thread above - CBI USA. I had no idea something like this existed... But now that I know, I may just use this! I'm only around 75 minutes from this location... that's not bad at all to avoid the ridiculous rapey prices we pay.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Yeah...I'm not sure I buy that. Firstly, I just bought a headlight housing from oemacuraparts just a few months back. And trust me, they did not lose money on the shipping.

Which brings us to, secondly, if shipping was the issue, they would simply up their shipping cost. Nobody has told them that they have to lose money on shipping.

I could buy the dealers putting pressure on Acura, although Acura Canada would likely be a different division than Acura USA, and I don't know how much sway the Canadian dealers hold with the American division.
Originally Posted by MOBB
So Curry Acura has officially ceased their shipping to Canada, I knew it was too good to be true as they offered flat rate shipping via FEDEX for next to nothing (usually under 10$) to Canada, and they prepaid any cross border duty fees. Called them up and spoke with the parts manager as now there is no option to ship to Canada anymore on the online shopping cart. He stated they got a huge Fedex bill from all their Canadian orders. No Future plans on ever bringing back Canadian shipping. Since I've been ordering parts there for the past 3 years anyone know of any other sites that ship to Canada?

Tried Delray Acura (acuraoemparts.com) but shipping to Canada is crazy expensve as they get UPS to act as a broker.
Do you buy it now?

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 10-21-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Do you buy it now?
No. I don't. Because it doesn't make any more sense today than it did yesterday. If their prices are better (after currency conversion) and they could pass the shipping charge along to the customer why would any retailer say "no"?

The thread that was linked to does provide some colour, but who's to say that the person at Curry was giving the straight goods?

Because it makes no sense, I went to OEMAcuraParts, and pulled this from their Shipping Terms section:

We are no longer able to ship internationally. American Honda and Acura of North America restrict the sale and shipment of U.S. market parts and accessories to the 50 states. U.S territories are specifically excluded. These include, but are not limited to, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
We can ship to military addresses where the order is accepted by the post office. The post office has size and weight limits for their service, especially for military destinations, so, please contact us prior to ordering for a military address.
For national security reasons, the post office will not provide tracking information for shipments to military address.

Shipping charges on larger parts such as hoods, bumpers, quarter panels, etc. are $150 minimum. This is a fee charged by the freight companies, not OEMAcuraParts.com.

This, I buy.

Edit: On re-reading this, I realize it sounds confrontational, which was certainly not my intention...particulary with another Canadian.

Last edited by sockpuppet; 10-21-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I buy my OEM parts from Delray Acura. They still ship to Canada
Wallyjee101 (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by optical24
I buy my OEM parts from Delray Acura. They still ship to Canada
You just kinda blew my mind; I was sure that Delray was OEMAcuraParts.com, from which I took the excerpt in my last post. Delray is AcuraOEMParts.com, though...slight difference. That's who I bought my headlight from. Good to know that they still ship to Canada, as their prices are pretty good (though they'll kill you on shipping).
Old 12-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I have an American border agent that accepts the orders ( free shipping in the US ) and then charges me a small fee to bring the package to my town, where I pick it up and clear customs, at the airport. You may find one near you.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:03 AM
2007 Type S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CBIUSA all the way, have been using them for years, or other things.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:49 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total pain in the butt !!! Had to go across border and pay the dirty taxes !!! ARrrrgggghhh
Old 01-05-2015, 06:59 PM
2007 Type S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by luckystrikeed
Total pain in the butt !!! Had to go across border and pay the dirty taxes !!! ARrrrgggghhh
lol what taxes would you have to pay ,that wouldn t pay to have it shipped. ? plus you pay brokerage fees and shipping costs. so i have to disagree. well worth it to ship to cbi usa.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:10 PM
5th Gear

How big of a savings are we talking about here.. With the dollar so low these days, how much do you really save after shipping to the boarder, storage and duties and taxes. I need to get a clutch, waterpump and a timing belt.. Maybe time for a road trip
Old 10-07-2016, 12:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 133 Posts
I just ordered the spare tire kit from Acura parts warehouse. Acura Parts - Genuine OEM Acura Parts & Accessories Online
had a pretty good impression talking with them on a phone and also they replied to my email in less than 24 hours with all the technical info that I requested. Their shipping cost is also very reasonable.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:09 AM
5th Gear

I just recently bought a TLX Coilover from the US and they didn't have a problem shipping it into Canada
Old 10-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

From who?
Old 10-07-2016, 10:19 AM
5th Gear

From RSR Sports in california
Old 10-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Burning Brakes

You are missing the point. We are talking about Acura Dealers in US who will not ship parts to Canada, not just any parts outfit.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kgb2016
I just ordered the spare tire kit from Acura parts warehouse. Acura Parts - Genuine OEM Acura Parts & Accessories Online
had a pretty good impression talking with them on a phone and also they replied to my email in less than 24 hours with all the technical info that I requested. Their shipping cost is also very reasonable.
ok people, just to give you an update on this order: IT DID COME IN!!!!! Wow! It took a little over a week to reach me here in Edmonton. WOW, I am impressed! I am glad that I found this guys. So the whole kit cost me around $320 Can shipped to my door instead of $650 from the local dealer.... And I also was able to find the spare tire on eBay for $130 Can shipped to my door versus $250 local dealer price. Total savings -$450!!! That is exactly half price! I'm a happy man.
deconwa (03-05-2019)
Old 06-04-2017, 06:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 236 Posts
For those living close enough to the border, not an issue.

I have all my US orders shipped to a holding company in the US and I pick up my orders there.

You just have to love protectionism, yes sarcasm intended.
Up here businesses fail to remember that the S in MSRP means Suggested, not Fixed.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a 2016 Acura RDX and ordered OEM accessories for it from MA. Not only was the shipping reasonably quick, but even with the Cdn exchange, it was much less expensive than buying from the local dealer. One item alone was $205.00 US. Here in Canada it was $460.00. The cargo net at Canadian dealership is $78, I do believe. Purchased it through the American dealership for $34.00. After paying exchange, I saved $200.00.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 205 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by babo_seki
Hey Guys/Girls,

I have been a long time owner of a 2005 Acura TL and just recently traded her in for a 2009 Acura MDX. In the past I have ordered from curryacuraparts.com for all my accessories and parts. So when I was looking to purchase a few pricey accessories from curryacura I was notified that they no longer ship to Canada.... I guess Honda America sent out a notice to all American Acura Parts retailers saying that they are no longer allowed to sell outside of the States due to dealerships in Canada complaining about losing business.

I just got a quote from my local dealership for the accessories and it's literally double the cost without install either.......

I did a thorough google search to see if there were any Canadian Online retailers but came up with mostly just aftermarket parts. I'm looking for OEM accessories!

Does anybody have any suggestions or hookups?

Thanks!
If you rent a box at UPS they do have mail forwarding service.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Advanced

I purchased items for my 2016 RDX thru Acura OEM Parts and Acessories Online - Bernardi Parts. I have a box rented in Maine so I was able to have items shipped there where I picked them up thus saving about $50. in shipping costs. However I am 99% sure that Bernardi also ships to Canada. The cargo net at Canadian dealerships was $73.00, I do believe. At Bernardi's it was $34.00. This is one of the best OEM accessories I have purchased for my RDX. It is very stretchy and will keep items, like groceries, from sliding back and forth when starting/ stopping or turning corners - especially so it you have the hard plastic cargo tray.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by FreddyBeach
I purchased items for my 2016 RDX thru Acura OEM Parts and Acessories Online - Bernardi Parts. I have a box rented in Maine so I was able to have items shipped there where I picked them up thus saving about $50. in shipping costs. However I am 99% sure that Bernardi also ships to Canada. The cargo net at Canadian dealerships was $73.00, I do believe. At Bernardi's it was $34.00. This is one of the best OEM accessories I have purchased for my RDX. It is very stretchy and will keep items, like groceries, from sliding back and forth when starting/ stopping or turning corners - especially so it you have the hard plastic cargo tray.
No offense, but what is $50 in saving when you still have to waste time driving there plus spend money on gas - in that sense you probably saved $20?

I got a quote at Acura Downtown (Toronto) for 2 exterior parts (molding trim and side panel) - they are literally 3$ more expensive here in Canada. If I was to order from the states I will actually loose money with shipping + duties. Or if I do the USA pickup I'm wasting time and gas anyways.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by korona
No offense, but what is $50 in saving when you still have to waste time driving there plus spend money on gas - in that sense you probably saved $20?

I got a quote at Acura Downtown (Toronto) for 2 exterior parts (molding trim and side panel) - they are literally 3$ more expensive here in Canada. If I was to order from the states I will actually loose money with shipping + duties. Or if I do the USA pickup I'm wasting time and gas anyways.
The $50 saving was an example of what I was able to save. Having also purchased the lower door chrome pieces, interior wood trim kits, cargo cover, cargo tray and 4 new Acura "Elite" alloys I saved an additional $1700 over what I would have had to have paid at my local dealership. Well worth my time and the $30.00 I spent in gas to drive there.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I use "24/7 Parcel" you can sign up and ship it to them. Then cross the boarder and pick it up. Not only do you save on shipping cost, but depending on price you might "get away" without paying duties.

For my 2019 MDX, Canadian dealer quoted me 1400$ for Fog lights and 1200$ for running board, I was able to get both from US for 950$ (US) + paid 140$ in duties and still saved over 50%.