Beware of Toronto Sherway Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 09:39 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of Toronto Sherway Acura!

Hello folks,

I was mad! I ordered oil and differential fluid change and told them not to do any additional work. I got a call during waiting time telling my engine air filter was dirty and they offered replacement for 185 CAD + TAX. I said "NO", as I already bought one for 18 CAD.

When replacing the filter by myself, I discovered they broke one of 4 bolts during the inspection and they put the old filter back in wrong way, leaving a leaking gap into the filter chamber! This is extremely concerning and unacceptable, especially they covered up something that can be fixed for very minor effort! The bolt was probably $2 worth and it would take me 1 minute to fix; however, damage to the engine can be severe!

I wrote an email to Ameer Khan, the general manager expressing my concerns. I am done with them!

Cheers,
Zang
Old 09-28-2017, 02:34 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
the worst part is they wanted $185 to replace an engine air filter. WTF??
Old 09-28-2017, 02:44 PM
9th Gear

Ripping off is a gray area of ethics so I would not complain. There was a series of smaller issues with this dealer and I didn't mention just because I assume those happen everywhere:

- They left 3 inch long scratch!
- When booking I marked drop off option then I was told at the dealership drop off is not available in weekends (why they make the option available even after I selected the date?)
- No one called me when the job was done and I arrived to the dealership when service was closed. I picked up the key from the showroom reception and the girl didn't know she had my key on the counter...
Old 09-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Complain to Acura Corporate.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:31 PM
9th Gear

Yeah, the customer satisfaction surveys are only for customers who purchased new vehicles. There is no other channels for other customers to give feedback. Sending emails to them is like throwing stone to a sewage canal...
Old 09-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
Not true..Acura Client Relations | Acura Owners Site
The following users liked this post:
Giang (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 03:40 PM
9th Gear

Hmm, I mean I have no issue now as they fixed it right away when I came with complain so there is no point to create a ticket with Acura. "Click to chat" doesn't seem to be helpful either. I will take further look to the site to see if there is anything else...

My plan is to give a Google review with details. Also, I may consider start working with local mechanics instead of going to the dealers. I lost all the trust for them.

Thanks for helping!
Old 12-05-2018, 09:37 PM
7th Gear

sorry to hear, i usually buy my stuff from ACura Mississauga and its been smooth.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:47 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by LazyAcura
sorry to hear, i usually buy my stuff from ACura Mississauga and its been smooth.
Hey, I am 20 km from Erin Mill Acura, but I may try that location instead. Although in the meantime, I was able to find an excellent mechanic in Mississauga. Knowledgeable and very honest. I now give him most of the basic maintenance jobs like oil change, fluid change... He was able to fix some very sophisticate issues with our Camry, however.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Giang
I was mad! I ordered oil and differential fluid change and told them not to do any additional work.
Have it written on the work order that you end up signing the next time you have work done by some shop.

Next, learn to to it all yourself and provided you know what you are doing, it'll be done right.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:06 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Tech
Have it written on the work order that you end up signing the next time you have work done by some shop.

Next, learn to to it all yourself and provided you know what you are doing, it'll be done right.
I usually try to be relaxed with service providers rather than being tough, but being screwed up so many times, your advice may be the way to go. I do not mind the dirty job of oil change, but disposing the oil is quite troublesome.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

...your advice may be the way to go.
Not a matter of being tough, but what is in writing is far better than anything verbal.

I just checked the brakes on my girlfriend's car. The fact that the brake pads were almost new (hardly worn) yet her left caliper was sticking tells me they never even bothered to take the pins out, wash them down, clean out the holes thoroughly in the caliper mount and re-grease them tells me they did a shit job. When I do a brake job on my own cars, the calipers slide freely on the pins for at least 4 years.
The following users liked this post:
nist7 (04-14-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 124 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
Complain to Acura Corporate.
I agree. Complain to Acura Corporate. You need a paper trail on what they did....
Old 08-11-2019, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

I wrote an email to Ameer Khan, the general manager expressing my concerns. I am done with them!

Cheers,
Zang
It is unfortunate that bean counters rule things in business. The same thing applied to the American auto industry when car guys initially ran things but then bean counters (some clown with a degree in accounting) took things over. Its the American way which has spread to the rest of the world. Like the pres at GM once said and I quote "we're not in the business of producing cars, but in the business of making money". Well Sherlock, so is everybody, but the difference is, Toyota and other Japanese companies at least build a quality car.

That general manager reports to the owner of that dealership who probably lives in a mansion, drives some exotic cars, etc. The owner of a Ford dealership near me does not drive a Mustang, he drives and races a Porsche, one of which he wrote off at the track. Guess where the money is coming from?