Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might consider coming down for this. I'll be taking the wife and daughter to bush gardens for halloween and this would make for a fun event too. My four year old daughter will appreciate some of the nice cars too. (more so than the wife will for sure) I probably won't have time to give her a good wash/wax but I might still be able to make it to represent the TL family. I was a patient at CHKD since I was born so I'm def in for paying it forward. Hope to see some of the board members there
Old 09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pearl TL-S
Was this the first time you dyno'ed the car? If not what did you pull before?
I've dynoed a few times. Before I got my headers coated, I was at 237 whp. So I doubt the coating did anything for performance, but I did it mostly for looks. Now I am contemplating a VAFC. I don't know if it's worth it or not.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:57 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's keep this thread at the top, please.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Sounds good...I'll see if I can get in here to post more frequently. Anyone getting together in the next couple weeks? We should try to plan something a 3 or 4 weeks out so we can get some people together and hang out.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by snowman81
Sounds good...I'll see if I can get in here to post more frequently. Anyone getting together in the next couple weeks? We should try to plan something a 3 or 4 weeks out so we can get some people together and hang out.
Just trying to keep this link fresh and represent with some TL's out there. This is just over 4 weeks from now at the end of October. I am down for it. As of now, I am not planning on going with that job that would send me overseas. I intend on working locally and should be around for this.

http://www.vafallclassic.org/
Old 09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I'd should be able to attend this as well. Dave, which days are you planning on going, or would you go all 3 days? Glad to hear you're staying in the area!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
BLUE SMOKE

I'd should be able to attend this as well. Dave, which days are you planning on going, or would you go all 3 days? Glad to hear you're staying in the area!
Not sure about which days yet. Probably just the day of the car show, depending also on the job situation and what days I am working, what shift I work, etc. I would like to go all three days, but we will see. Would not mind doing the cruise also. I have a job interview on the 10th of October with Northrup Grumman Shipyard here in Bad News. I hope they give me some good news.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Jokerman

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
damn i am all the way over here in europe and i am no where near and car show or get together, this sucks
Old 09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
Not sure about which days yet. Probably just the day of the car show, depending also on the job situation and what days I am working, what shift I work, etc. I would like to go all three days, but we will see. Would not mind doing the cruise also. I have a job interview on the 10th of October with Northrup Grumman Shipyard here in Bad News. I hope they give me some good news.
Yea, I'd probably just go the day of the car show as well. The cruise would be nice but we'll see when it gets closer.
Good luck with the job interview, hopefully you will get some good news.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Anybody planning on attending the Mid Atlantic Mega Meet or the Skyline Dr. meet?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Anybody planning on attending the Mid Atlantic Mega Meet or the Skyline Dr. meet?
I will def. not be making either one. If I remember right, they are both on Saturday and I will be working. Can't afford to take any time off from work right now.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:52 AM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

I have not been up here in awhile. Where are these car shows?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

The Mid Atlantic Mega Meet is tomorrow, not sure where though. But the Skyline Dr meet in on Sunday, Oct 28th. Skyline Dr is the road that runs through Shenandoah (sp?) Valley. I helped organize and went to the one last year and it was a blast but it was a lot of driving. I would like to go again this year but I may have a party to go to Saturday night and wouldn't be up for the drive on Sunday. If I don't have a party, I may end up going up there Saturday night with my girl and staying the night.

Malicious, I finally got my headers on, so if you are still up for humoring me in quick race, I would love to see if I've accomplished anything. I recently dynoed at 242 whp, nothing special but it's decent I guess.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:17 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by MaliciousRC
The car show I linked about: http://www.vafallclassic.org/ is happening at Newport News Park. I am planning on attending the car show portion at least. I would like to see as many TL's out there as possible from AZ, just to represent. If someone wins, all the better. This thing is big. Massive amount of cars. They also have a cruise but I doubt I will make that. May soon be working a new job and don't know what schedule I will have yet.

Jeff, all depending how things are going, I may still go to the DC area megameet. Doubt it though. I will keep you posted. I saw that you may have plans already but you may still go. I would like to go but just don't know at this point what I can afford.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:30 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by MaliciousRC
The car show I linked about: http://www.vafallclassic.org/ is happening at Newport News Park on Sat. Oct. 27. I am planning on attending the car show portion at least. I would like to see as many TL's out there as possible from AZ, just to represent. If someone wins, all the better. This thing is big. Massive amount of cars. Like 500 or more. They also have a cruise but I doubt I will make that. May soon be working a new job and don't know what schedule I will have yet.

Jeff, all depending how things are going, I may still go to the DC area mega meet. Doubt it though. I will keep you posted. I saw that you may have plans already but you may still go. I would like to go but just don't know at this point what I can afford.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Let's Go Pens

I'm also hoping to make it down from NJ to the classic! Maybe before hand some of us can get together for a photoshoot or just grab some food and talk TL.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:32 PM

The Mid Atlantic Mega Meet is tomorrow, not sure where though. But the Skyline Dr meet in on Sunday, Oct 28th. Skyline Dr is the road that runs through Shenandoah (sp?) Valley. I helped organize and went to the one last year and it was a blast but it was a lot of driving. I would like to go again this year but I may have a party to go to Saturday night and wouldn't be up for the drive on Sunday. If I don't have a party, I may end up going up there Saturday night with my girl and staying the night.

Malicious, I finally got my headers on, so if you are still up for humoring me in quick race, I would love to see if I've accomplished anything. I recently dynoed at 242 whp, nothing special but it's decent I guess.
We can still hook up, let me know!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Anyone up for getting together on Oct 13th? I'll have the day to myself since my girl is going shopping with some of her friends...so i figured if some people wanted to get together, that would be cool. I'd even be cool if people wanted to meet up at my place and chill, maybe BBQ (weather permitting of course). I am pretty sure her plans are set in stone, so let me know what you guys think. By the way, I live in the Kempsville Area off Centerville Tpke.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by Evader
I'm also hoping to make it down from NJ to the classic! Maybe before hand some of us can get together for a photoshoot or just grab some food and talk TL.
Sounds good. Maybe breakfast somewhere as this starts at 9 and goes to 4. I live close to the park (about 15 minutes away) and will try to think of a place not too far away. IHOP, Waffle House, etc if that is good for you guys. Have to find out also what the latest time is for arriving at the show (I will be registering prior to that day).

Last edited by Doc's TL-S; 09-30-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:10 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Anyone up for getting together on Oct 13th? I'll have the day to myself since my girl is going shopping with some of her friends...so i figured if some people wanted to get together, that would be cool. I'd even be cool if people wanted to meet up at my place and chill, maybe BBQ (weather permitting of course). I am pretty sure her plans are set in stone, so let me know what you guys think. By the way, I live in the Kempsville Area off Centerville Tpke.
Yes, I can do that. It has to be early cuz of work. I usually start at 4. Unless my interview goes well at the shipyard and they have me working early that day. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
BLUE SMOKE

BTW, when I registered for the VA Fall Classic Car Show, I did put Acurazine as the name of the car club if you want to do the same. If you are not sure what car show I am talking about, look up higher on this page.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Sounds good Dave, anyone else interested in hanging out that Saturday? Maybe we can hit up a restaurant or something and chill if people like that idea more. I'm open to any ideas.

Also, I'd like to make it to the VA Fall Classic but as I mentioned, I may have something going on that weekend. I just realized that is the same weekend as the Skyline Dr Mega Meet. I'd rather go to this than the Skyline Dr meet just because it's to far of a drive for one day.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I really need to place these events on my wall calendar because I am bad with remembering. I drove up to Jersey on the spur of the moment Saturday. I know next weekend, I am going to see my babies in SC. So, I should be free to do whatever after that.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:27 PM
.FRESH

hey guys sry haven been up here in a while!
but im here now ... and planning on goin to the SKYLINE DRIVE meet on 28th...
as ive just got few nice mods done and want to put them to use... who else from 757 is going?? may be we can start our local list and meet up and then roll together..

i dont know if its good idea or not but ill go on and start it ne ways

1.StupidFast
Old 10-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I'm still up in the air about whether or not I'll be able to make the Skyline Dr meet.

On a side note, DOES ANYONE WANNA HELP ME ADJUST MY VALVES ON MONDAY? I could definitely use an extra set of hands, but I am sure that I can get it done myself.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Doesn't seem like people are checking this thread anymore. Still wondering if anyone is up for a small get together next Saturday...the 13th.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM
.FRESH

Doesn't seem like people are checking this thread anymore. Still wondering if anyone is up for a small get together next Saturday...the 13th.
your rite no one is checking up and stuff.. but as much as id like to i dont think ican meet up on13th... cuz im tryin to get ready for the skylinedrive meet... so ive been doin lil things every weekend and tryin to make my whip fresh for the meet lol
Old 10-06-2007, 07:05 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

That's cool...the Skyline Dr meet is nice, but be prepared to drive a lot that day. I'm still up in the air on it.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Peach Tea

I'm down. My bro will probably want to come too.

I'm also trying to decide between the Skyline Dr. Meet and the VA fall classics.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:48 PM
tl_badboy96

im up for something. im slowly getting things back together. im back at autozone trying to make that extra money so whateva the scehdule holds for that week is fine. i seen a bunch of imports at fudruckers lastnight in the parking lot just chilling. was anybody there. by the way autozone sells royal purple oil and the denso iridium plugs if anyone interested. hit me up and let me know. i get a descent discount. pretty good price.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
im up for something. im slowly getting things back together. im back at autozone trying to make that extra money so whateva the scehdule holds for that week is fine. i seen a bunch of imports at fudruckers lastnight in the parking lot just chilling. was anybody there. by the way autozone sells royal purple oil and the denso iridium plugs if anyone interested. hit me up and let me know. i get a descent discount. pretty good price.
How much is the Royal P per quart?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:38 AM

some one post an address to the skyline meet. I will see if any of the MD crew will show up!
Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey VA people!! I will try to make it. I might have to work. How many of you guys are going?
Old 10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by badazzTL
I'm down. My bro will probably want to come too.

I'm also trying to decide between the Skyline Dr. Meet and the VA fall classics.
http://www.vafallclassic.org/ Closer, and a lot less driving too. Only $20 bucks to enter, and you can do it online. You will spend more than that in gas just going to the meet, then the skyline drive, then back home, let alone if you spend the night up there.

BTW, you can go to the show AND the meet as the show is Saturday and the meet is Sunday.

Just a side note about the fall classic. If we have enough of us going to the car show, I want to get us all together and go to breakfast first before going. Perfect time for a photo op.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Let's Go Pens

^ I'm in for breakfast if I can make it down. I gotta check the dates again, when does registration end?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by Evader
^ I'm in for breakfast if I can make it down. I gotta check the dates again, when does registration end?
As far as I know, you can wait to register until the day you come if you want. Not sure though. I don't see a cutoff but if you wait till the day of, it will probably be more. $20.00 to pre-register.

BTW, they are expecting about 650 cars for this. There have been up to 500 cars in the past. Probably THE biggest car show event in Hampton Roads.

If we all go to breakfast together, we can arrive at the park together and then have a better chance of parking together.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:32 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Bump
Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
Bump
Hello, am I the only one that looks at this page?

Still time to sign up for the biggest car show in Hampton Roads too. I am trying to get all of the TL's from our area to come out to this. I am already registered. It is on Saturday, October 27th, from 9-4. I would like us all to meet up for breakfast somewhere as well before hand, then all show up at the show at the same time.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Autobots Roll Out!!!

hey who all is goin. im here in havelock, nc and i would kill to meet some fellow tl owners. i already talkedo t a few in va beach or close to it andi go to va beach all teh time(srry is my typin is off im a little tipsy lol) i want soem more details plus i have ot pay my attorney monday for doin 21 over lol. 76 in a 55
Old 10-19-2007, 04:02 AM
Instructor

Is anybody getting together the day before to try to do final prep work for the car show? AcuraJ32A, are you the ONLY TL in HaveNot? Everytime that I go, I NEVER see any TL's

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)