Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)

Old 07-27-2007, 11:53 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am trying to find out from my local contacts where all the tuners are trying to meet up this Saturday. There was some at Bass Pro last Sat. night according to my sources and Navy TL stopped by around 1030. He said that there was a few nice cars out there. If I had known he would be there I would have gone out there too but oh well. I have been trying to get the info in case some of us AZ'ers want to get together. I know that it is short notice but if anyone wants to come out, we have a chance to look at other cars as well. Right now I do not have time to organize anything better. I may soon be accepting a job outside the country anyway as noone is trying to hire me for the type of job I am looking for. Just trying to get together before I leave.

Last edited by Doc's TL-S; 07-27-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
BLUE SMOKE

If I hear anything about Bass Pro and anyone is interested, I may see if some one else whose phone number I have can post it for me. I will be working tomorrow and can call him to post it if he is willing and able.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

So, whois going to the show in ROANOKE RAPIDS.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can u please get me some more info on the roanoke rapids could not find anything

07 KBP Type-S
WOO HOO
Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_AcuraTL_ASPEC
Can u please get me some more info on the roanoke rapids could not find anything

07 KBP Type-S
WOO HOO
Did you trade in the Silver 05 for an 07?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Well actually we sold it back to Carmax, they gave us like 4000. more than what Acura wanted to give us.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Instructor

^^^^Well at lease you got a 07 out of it
And not to sound selfish but that is one less ASM that will be at the meets, if we ever have another one.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Navy TL
Did you trade in the Silver 05 for an 07?
http://www.dropjawmag.com/rollup/index.htm

It's 2morrow.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Aint Going To Make It Going To Lynchburg Tonight
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM
SFC, US ARMY AVIATION

Been a while since i've checked in. Doesn't look like much is happening around here. I might roll out tonight and check out a couple of the local spots. Let ya'll know how it went.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:13 PM
SFC, US ARMY AVIATION

Not much was going on last night. Home Depot had abunch of Mustangs. Wal-Mart had a pretty good showing although it was a very young crowd. A little to much clowning around for me. Bass Pro was dead but the club was packed. Think they had a concert. Saw a very nice Supra. He was driving like a idiot. Other than that, not much else was happening. I was out till about 0030. I figure wherever we get together we will be the most civil group.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
BLUE SMOKE

If you guys want to hang out sometime with our Acura's, PM me and I will give you my number. It will be easier to get in contact in case we go out impromptu. I don't mind last minute notice anyway. I sometimes hang out at these "meet" spots anyway if someone else I know is going to be there. I sometimes have the inside scoop where they will be.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
tl_badboy96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that what im talking about

i guess we up hold the higher standards for the modified class.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I'm usually down to meet up and don't mind the last minute notice...so Dave, feel free to give me a call. Of course with school and work, I am not always available but if I am I'll make it out.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Cool. If there is anyone else, PM me your number.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:39 PM
tl_badboy96

im always down

im down, going to pa next weekend to pick up some parts for my baby but hit me up.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 PM

Oh, by the way, I won first place in my class at the the DROPJAWMAG, I-95 Roll-up car show.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by MaliciousRC
Oh, by the way, I won first place in my class at the the DROPJAWMAG, I-95 Roll-up car show.
Congrats Lee. I wish I could have gone too. Not the best time for me right now though. Need to work and not spend too much money.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Check out my new video on YouTube... RC Street car!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zBaQEYbv60

My Site
www.MaliciousRC.com
Old 08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Let's Go Pens

I'll be back in the area for labor day weekend. Would be nice to get together for a photoshoot or just hang out for a few hours.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:58 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Richmond..Definitely down with a photoshoot
Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 AM

Sounds good
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Yeah we do need to get together and do something before the summer is over.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

What do you guys think of a meet Sep 29th? Not sure what we can put together before then but I know I don't have the time right now to invest like I did on the last one. I can definitely assist with planning though. Not sure if people wanna try doing a big meet like the last one or not.
And Dave...sorry I haven't been able to get back to you. I'd really like to head out with you guys some night but I've been busy as crap lately. I was at a wedding when you called on Saturday, this weekend I have to work a 24 hour shift (Sat into Sun morning) and the weekend after that I'm heading up to CT to visit some family. So maybe the weekend after that, we can try hitting up a couple places. Let me know.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Instructor

I say we just get together, maybe get something to eat. This way we dont have to plan too much and worry about cooking. I say lets go with the 29th like snowman said. Who is all up for it?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 AM
tl_badboy96

good idea

Originally Posted by Navy TL
I say we just get together, maybe get something to eat. This way we dont have to plan too much and worry about cooking. I say lets go with the 29th like snowman said. Who is all up for it?
i dont know who all drinks but we do that. not a lot of drinks but something. im in let me know.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 AM

Sounds good as long as I don't have to work.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Well, I can't take credit for thinking of this one. tl_badboy96 sent me a text asking what I thought about the 29th, so I figured I'd get some opinions. I like the idea of getting together to do something and not necessarily a BBQ, it was quite a bit of work and planning last time. Maybe we can hit up a restaurant and have some drinks there. I'm not a big drinker, especially if I'm gonna be driving, but I'll have a few. So if you guys have some ideas, through them out there. We can probably even hit up a local meet since there are a few in the area on Saturday nights. I've also heard AIK (American Indoor Karting) is a pretty good place to hit up. I work with a guy who is on a GTO forum, and he used to go there quite a bit. So let's see what we can throw together. I should have my headers on by then, so maybe MaliciousRC will let me see if I can keep up with him.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Jokerman

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
damn i wish i found this site earlier, for the next month in a half i will only be in the country for the saturday of labor day weekend i would love to meet up with other Azine members from hampton roads. being in the navy makes my schedule so screwed up. i was told my one of my friends who owns a Charger that the bass pro meet on satudays is pretty nice, i just havent had a chance to get there yet.

i am working on my car a little at a time as i have the time, so getting together and discussing stuff would be a great idea. if you guys want to meet up during laborday weekend hit me up, if not i wont be able to go until mid october.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by jokerman826
damn i wish i found this site earlier, for the next month in a half i will only be in the country for the saturday of labor day weekend i would love to meet up with other Azine members from hampton roads. being in the navy makes my schedule so screwed up. i was told my one of my friends who owns a Charger that the bass pro meet on satudays is pretty nice, i just havent had a chance to get there yet.

i am working on my car a little at a time as i have the time, so getting together and discussing stuff would be a great idea. if you guys want to meet up during laborday weekend hit me up, if not i wont be able to go until mid october.
Where are you stationed? There are quite a few that are in the military, some navy and retired army and navy. There are a few members that try to make it out to the Bass Pro shop once in a while. Doc's TL-S is one of them. I won't be here Labor day weekend, but I am sure if there's enough interest, some people wouldn't mind meeting up.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Jokerman

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
Where are you stationed? There are quite a few that are in the military, some navy and retired army and navy. There are a few members that try to make it out to the Bass Pro shop once in a while. Doc's TL-S is one of them. I won't be here Labor day weekend, but I am sure if there's enough interest, some people wouldn't mind meeting up.
i am located at NOB and live over in VA BCH, right next to Freedom Wash. i see small get togethers on friday and saturday night over at freedom wash but never see any TL's. the other day i saw a couple of EVO's there as i was washing my car and they were removing their bumpers in the middle of the parking lot.

i will be back in the hampton roads area for labor day weekend but am unavailable on sunday sept 2nd. so if a bunch of people want to get together somewhere, let me know so we can plan out where and when. i just hope we can get a few people together, i am tired of driving past people and seeing them look stuck up.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Hey Jeff, I wish that I could be here for the 29th of Sep. I will probably be out of the country by then unless another job locally calls me. KBR called me today.

Anyway, don't let me not being here stop you. As for Labor Day weekend, I am cool with that. Maybe a restaraunt or something is cool. Meeting at Bass Pro is an option also as I have said before. There are several restaraunts/bars next door (McFaddens', Joes Crab Shack, etc), and we can see some other cars as well. Does anyone know of any places locally that have gatherings of cars on Sundays? They used to out on Route 17 in Yorktown during the daytime if I am not mistaken. {Time for me to do some checking around on that too.}
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 AM

Well, I can't take credit for thinking of this one. tl_badboy96 sent me a text asking what I thought about the 29th, so I figured I'd get some opinions. I like the idea of getting together to do something and not necessarily a BBQ, it was quite a bit of work and planning last time. Maybe we can hit up a restaurant and have some drinks there. I'm not a big drinker, especially if I'm gonna be driving, but I'll have a few. So if you guys have some ideas, through them out there. We can probably even hit up a local meet since there are a few in the area on Saturday nights. I've also heard AIK (American Indoor Karting) is a pretty good place to hit up. I work with a guy who is on a GTO forum, and he used to go there quite a bit. So let's see what we can throw together. I should have my headers on by then, so maybe MaliciousRC will let me see if I can keep up with him.
HAHA...I don't drive above 55mph so you will beat me Um are there any mods that I can do that are not to extreme. I really want to find red illuminated door sills!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
Hey Jeff, I wish that I could be here for the 29th of Sep. I will probably be out of the country by then unless another job locally calls me. KBR called me today.

Anyway, don't let me not being here stop you. As for Labor Day weekend, I am cool with that. Maybe a restaraunt or something is cool. Meeting at Bass Pro is an option also as I have said before. There are several restaraunts/bars next door (McFaddens', Joes Crab Shack, etc), and we can see some other cars as well. Does anyone know of any places locally that have gatherings of cars on Sundays? They used to out on Route 17 in Yorktown during the daytime if I am not mistaken. {Time for me to do some checking around on that too.}
Out of the country...that's crazy. Where to and when do you leave? Like I said, I won't be around Labor Day weekend, but I hope you guys are able to get together and have a good time. I'd like to be able to meet up with you guys after the next weekend or something though. I think the more that we get together with local meets, the more people we'd be eventually get to show up. I think the next meet that we have where there are a decent amount of people, we should have some kind of list to write down everyones info, if they are willing. Then we should be able to get a pretty good turnout.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

HAHA...I don't drive above 55mph so you will beat me Um are there any mods that I can do that are not to extreme. I really want to find red illuminated door sills!
That's cool, I just wanna find an 07 TL-S to see if I can keep up with them. As for mods, check with supercomputers for door sills. I'm not sure if he still has them or not though. The only other thing I can think of is an intake though, it's not to much IMO. And get rid of some of that damn plastic that covers everything in the engine bay. My preference, but I don't think it looks good at all. Maybe if it were painted it would be okay though.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Instructor

If you find any, see if they have some blue ones too. Then you can help me with mines hahaha
Old 08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Whats up guys? Haven't done anything to the car yet, but working on it.
She was going to get wheels but instead bought me the new 24 inch imac that thing rocks. And the Ron Jon 07 Type S lip kit is on hold, from what I heard so we will see.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:32 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Out of the country...that's crazy. Where to and when do you leave? Like I said, I won't be around Labor Day weekend, but I hope you guys are able to get together and have a good time. I'd like to be able to meet up with you guys after the next weekend or something though. I think the more that we get together with local meets, the more people we'd be eventually get to show up. I think the next meet that we have where there are a decent amount of people, we should have some kind of list to write down everyones info, if they are willing. Then we should be able to get a pretty good turnout.
It is with KBR (yes, in Iraq but as a civilian). I will be making pretty good money. I will be able to pay off all my bills except my house. BTW, it will only be for about a year, maybe 15 months and I will be able to come home every 4 months for 10 days paid and they pay half of my ticket. I will be pretty safe as well as I won't be going off base much if at all.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Good luck with that and make sure you hit us up when you come back. Do you know when you're leaving yet and will you're daughter being going with you? I would imagine that's unacompanied though.

So does anyone have any ideas what we should do for a meet?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 AM

That's cool, I just wanna find an 07 TL-S to see if I can keep up with them. As for mods, check with supercomputers for door sills. I'm not sure if he still has them or not though. The only other thing I can think of is an intake though, it's not to much IMO. And get rid of some of that damn plastic that covers everything in the engine bay. My preference, but I don't think it looks good at all. Maybe if it were painted it would be okay though.
Joking, let me know when you want to run them so you can see if the work you did payed off!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hampton Roads, VA (Register Here)