Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Any Upholster Shops for fixing the tear in Leather Seat

Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Upholster Shops for fixing the tear in Leather Seat

Hi All,

My Driver side seat leather is getting cracks and i am trying to see whether any of you have used a local upholster shop for fixing it.

I will appreciate if you can pls post the shop contact and they price you might have paid for it.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2017, 09:28 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue and am interested in a low cost seat cover option for an Acura TL.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Race Director

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,026 Posts
Started to notice small tear in my driver's and passenger's seats. Thought I'd give this thread a bump and see if anyone's found any local options. Cheers.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Race Director

Received 3,262 Likes on 2,026 Posts
After some cursory searching online, I found this shop called "Seatco" that looks very promising. Posting here for other people's reference. I haven't used them before, but they look like a long-standing and professional outfit with an emphasis on craftsmanship and work on classic cars as well as regular commercial work.

Seatco - Auto Trim Experts | Maryland, Virginia, DC - Convertible tops, sunroofs, upholstery, mold removal, dash replacements, carpets

Another possibility is Fibrenew, which is a larger chain of leather, plastic, and vinyl restorers:

Auto Upholstery Repair | Dashboard and Car Scratch Repair
The following users liked this post:
ZtoA (09-24-2018)
Old 07-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Possibilities that come to mind:

Try a leather shop. This can be a shoe repair or horse shop. Both work with leather and leather repair. If you do the majority of the work by removing the seat bottom, it might not cost too much.
Call your Acura dealership used car department. They have trim and upholstery people come out all the time to make repairs in leather and cloth. Some are very good.
Seat covers. There are many that can color match with designs if you want.
Salvage yard. Yes, people wreck their Acura's all the time. You can even find some wrecked Acura's on Ebay.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by mars
Hi All,

My Driver side seat leather is getting cracks and i am trying to see whether any of you have used a local upholster shop for fixing it.

I will appreciate if you can pls post the shop contact and they price you might have paid for it.

Thanks
My experience has been that 3 local upholstery shops really don't want to be bothered with this type of repair, and they charge accordingly. Example: my 03TLS with a small 1" corner seam tear, at the left top corner of the seat cushion, directly under my left knee, $342.00, average repair estimate! It took 2 months, but i found a seat, which had considerably less wear than mine, advertised by a guy parting out his car on Craigslist. Bonus: $50.00. It took some time, and yes, i had to remove the seat from his car, and install it in mine, but $275.00 saved was well worth it to me. Upholstery repair work is quite costly. Note: I have found several very nice quality seats at the local pick and pulls in my area,Example), LKQ reg.bucket seat $31.23, bucket seat with air bags $ 72.43. Good luck with your repair.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:41 PM
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there's a place called Lim's in Tyson's Corner VA that I used to recover my armrest and it was reasonable.
The following users liked this post:
nanxun (07-22-2017)

Search this Thread