2012 TSX tech compass on screen

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 TSX tech compass on screen

Hey guy-when I first bought my car I noticed the compass just has the needle, pointing with red arrow as North and would always just have the needle changing direction. No text

After 5 years, I noticed yesterday when going North, it actually had the letter "N" and the red arrow point up. It would do that off and on while driving but only while driving North, so it didn't show NW, NE, or any other combination.

That was always one of my complaints with the Nav, it should have the letter(s) of direction and the arrow.

The only thing I did was update the nav maps for the first time in 5 years to the 2017 map, but I did that 7 months ago, and never saw that change since updating, until yesterday.

Anyone have similar experience? Anyway to change it, so the compass shows letter of direction?
Old 09-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I think it has to do with how far your nav screen is zoomed in. You can also change the setting to have North always in the top direction, or your heading in the top direction until the system defaults to North up at a certain screen zoom.

What I want to know is, what happened to the Zagat Restaurant Ratings feature? Loved that....
Old 09-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You were correct sir, thank you! I didn't notice the zagat ratings since the update

QUOTE=kixo;16091806]I think it has to do with how far your nav screen is zoomed in. You can also change the setting to have North always in the top direction, or your heading in the top direction until the system defaults to North up at a certain screen zoom.

What I want to know is, what happened to the Zagat Restaurant Ratings feature? Loved that....[/QUOTE]
Old 01-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IndycarFaster
The only thing I did was update the nav maps for the first time in 5 years to the 2017 map, but I did that 7 months ago, and never saw that change since updating, until yesterday.
Did you notice any other changes after the map updates in the way the navigation works?
For example, I hate how the nav always leads you to manual tall lines (we have automatic tall transponders in IL) instead of letting you choose and it directs you to those manual tall booths as it would to exits. It's confusing when you don't know the area. If this was changed as a part of the update, I might go for the update. Map alone does not seem worth for me especially since I switched to using Waze - with all its warnings about police, traffic, etc.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:46 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sashi2
Did you notice any other changes after the map updates in the way the navigation works?
For example, I hate how the nav always leads you to manual tall lines (we have automatic tall transponders in IL) instead of letting you choose and it directs you to those manual tall booths as it would to exits. It's confusing when you don't know the area. If this was changed as a part of the update, I might go for the update. Map alone does not seem worth for me especially since I switched to using Waze - with all its warnings about police, traffic, etc.
Do you mean toll lanes? It makes sense for the system to default to a cash toll lane rather than have you risk a fine. The programmers presume if you have a toll reader/Fastrak then you know the area.

My irritation? Illinois toll lanes that want EXACT change. For 60 bleeping cents! If you throw a dollar bill in the catchment bin you are technically in violation.

I do wish is was easier to check the routing, especially if you subscribe to traffic updates and the system reroutes you. You should be able to check the new route quickly, but you end up having to hit three buttons to reach the Guidance Menu.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kixo
Do you mean toll lanes? It makes sense for the system to default to a cash toll lane rather than have you risk a fine. The programmers presume if you have a toll reader/Fastrak then you know the area.

My irritation? Illinois toll lanes that want EXACT change. For 60 bleeping cents! If you throw a dollar bill in the catchment bin you are technically in violation.

I do wish is was easier to check the routing, especially if you subscribe to traffic updates and the system reroutes you. You should be able to check the new route quickly, but you end up having to hit three buttons to reach the Guidance Menu.
As a programmer, I'll tell you most of the times a programmer presumes something, he'd be wrong! Acura is the only nav that does anything about selecting or directing toll lines. I might have used another one, don't remember for sure, that had an option to select whether you want manual or automatic lines, but all the rest just let you follow the signs. If one cannot navigate without guidance to toll lines, he shouldn't be driving
But anyway, this does not answer my questions - anything changed after map updates or the update is really just updating maps and points of interests?