2010 tsx v6 flywheel cover leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2010 tsx v6 flywheel cover leak

Hey guys !!
i just need a little insight about a situation I have been having for a little while about a year ago, I noticed that there was an oily residue around the flywheel plate cover so I went to the dealer my car was under extended warranty so they changed the torque converter seal and O-ring , last April about 1 year after the work they did I noticed a little residue around the plate so I decide to take it back to the dealer to check they said nothing was wrong and that is was residue from the work they have done last time ...4 months later I decide to take of the plate and there was still transmission oil on the inside of the plate clean it off checked again and same thing .. no leaks on the floor only sweat around the plate and a little oily on the inside of the plate I also found out that this was the second time it was done ... I am planning to return to the dealer once again ... anyone know if this could be something else ? Sorry for my writing my English isn’t perfect !!
Thia week after I wiped everything clean the first time

First time I took of the plate about 1 year after the work was done

One week later .... today !!!
Old 08-25-2018, 06:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
(" I decide to take it back to the dealer to check they said nothing was wrong and that is was residue from the work they have done last time ...") You would think, the Dealer Tech who performed this repair, would have thoroughly cleaned the entire torque converter and housing area at the time of the repair. If indeed the Tech did so, there would be no reason for residual transmission fluid showing up now. Looking at the access cover, I would classify the oil residue, as a seep, as apposed to a leak. Either way, had the initial repair been effective, this residue should not exist! Did you remove the access cover when you wiped it clean, the week before your second pic?