Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Old 10-17-2017, 08:12 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

As a huge fan of Stick of Truth I have been waiting for this game. Just picked it up this evening. Will crack it open when the kiddos go to bed.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 133 Posts
I don't know how far I am through the game (just beat the boss in the police station), but I find it less fun than the old one. Most of the puzzle solving that they seem to want to rely on isn't great and the controls for those things are wonky. There have been a couple challenging and fun boss fights that I enjoy with the turn based mechanic, but I don't know if that and the IP alone are worth the AAA game price.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:27 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
Originally Posted by Stapler
I don't know how far I am through the game (just beat the boss in the police station), but I find it less fun than the old one. Most of the puzzle solving that they seem to want to rely on isn't great and the controls for those things are wonky. There have been a couple challenging and fun boss fights that I enjoy with the turn based mechanic, but I don't know if that and the IP alone are worth the AAA game price.
Sometimes I get tired of the battles. But learning the artifacts and which characters are best to use for given situations etc can be fine.

I will say the deeper I get in the game...I just beat the police station, too, the more hilarious it gets. It just keeps pushing the line further and further. I love it.