Tsudo Exhaust

Old 10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO it is a good quality exhaust for a good price because in no way do I consider 500 dollars cheap the sound was great at wot and idle a lol drone at times figment is great didn't have one issue there and the quality I'm no expert on it but welds look good and it's all stainless steel so I would say good quality and OP if you are really interested in a tsudo exhaust I have one for sale in the BM just Pm me if interested
Old 10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I have the Tsudo exhaust on my TL already but thanks. I agree its funny that 500 is considered cheap! I think that if your worried about drone you should stick with a stock exhaust with a stage 2 mod!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

I ordered the Tsudo, $479 shipped. Arriving the 29th...will update with my 2 cents worth after installation.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nice call you will like it and you cant beat the price! Let us know how you like it!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Intermediate

The Tsudo exhaust arrived well packaged, and undamaged. It came with all the necessary hardware and gaskets. The flanges are 1/4" thick! In fact, I had to do some minor grinding down on one of the ears on the front pipe because not enough threads on the stud from the converter to start the nut. One other minor issue- once installed, the mufflers were uneven. The right side was too high, almost touching the top of the cutout. I took it to my local exhaust shop guru, Robert's Custom Exhaust in Stafford, VA. Ten minutes or so and $40, he bent a couple hangers and it's perfect. (If I wasn't so impatient, I probably could have figured it out myself) Overall, very happy with the quality, the look, and the sound. It's a deep mellow tone, not too loud or raspy. Only time will tell if there will be any durability issues...but as of now, I certainly would recommend this exhaust to anyone. "Two thumbs up!"
Old 11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

When you installed it did you wait to tighten all the bolt until it was all on then start from the front to back? My mufflers were not even then i loosened it all and did that and eveything came out perfect! Glad to hear you liked it! I love how it sounds! Not to loud or to quiet!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, got it all on, leaving it just loose enough for adjustments. It was just the hangers to the muffler on the passenger side that needed to be bent. Who knows...maybe it got a little tweaked during shipping. Truth be told, it was probably $40 well spent for me not to be aggravated by letting the pro fix it. It seemed so easy watching him do it.
Anyway, to reiterate, I'm pretty happy with it and certainly recommend the Tsudo system. I'll enjoy the $500 I saved on something else..
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

Adendum to this thread-the Tsudo system also has a limited lifetime warranty according to their official website
Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

I agree, I took the extra 500.00 and put it into my nav conversion! Let me know if it sounds like it gets deeper and quieter as time goes on... I feel like mine did but i hear it all the time!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
pics?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by atlm5
pics?
+1
Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

I just got the tsudo exhaust put on my 06 a/t tl and it sounds great. only problem i have is it quiets down after about 2,750 rpm but other then that great system for the price i will post pics tommorow
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ill take some tomorrow and throw them up, assuming Photobucket is working, work computer does not like it sometimes. Dont mind the damage to my rear cover, its getting fixed monday!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

Name:  IMG_0419.jpg
Views: 2756
Size:  135.8 KBName:  IMG_0417.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  76.2 KB
Old 11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Intermediate

Name:  IMG_0418.jpg
Views: 2690
Size:  113.3 KB
Old 11-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
^ you need to polish and wax that car man, are those swirls? In the sun it looks terrible
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Intermediate

ya i know i just dont have time ussually i work 9-5 everyday and then go to class at 5:30-10:30 so i never have time
Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 818steez06
I just got the tsudo exhaust put on my 06 a/t tl and it sounds great. only problem i have is it quiets down after about 2,750 rpm
Same with my XLR8 catback. Its almost stock sounding after ~2700rpm. Which is OK really.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzQtMjAxMDExMTgtMTUzNy5qcGc.jpg
Views: 2772
Size:  100.8 KB
Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzUtMjAxMDExMTgtMTUzOC5qcGc.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  113.4 KB
Sorry for the quality or lack of, took them with my Blackberry
Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Nice. I like that it is flanged rather than slipfit like the XLR8. Except that means more gaskets. The slip fit midpipe made things tricky, as I had to get the back of the midpipe slipped in, and then everything pushed back far enough to clear the studs on the cat. If it were flanged at the back of the midpipe it would have saved me some trouble.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

The flanges were nice, the only issue i had was they were very close to the sway bar and the rear crossmember, you had to be sure to work your way back tighening the bolts to make sure everything cleared where the slip clamps leave alot more room.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:57 AM
2005 AM at/navi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have been looking to buy an exhaust, and like many on here i work and also go to college so i am not willing to spend a lot on a exhaust that will give me minimal gains. its mainly for the better flow and sound. i will get this off of ebay for 399. and i will pick it up on my way to school so i will save the 80 bucks they are charging to ship it.

comptechtl, i hope you still haven't had any problems with this exhaust man. i will post pics when i get it
Old 02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Intermediate

Spend the money, buy the Greddy Evo2 exhaust, and enjoy lol
Old 02-13-2011, 12:07 AM
2005 AM at/navi

Originally Posted by Jcali2121
Spend the money, buy the Greddy Evo2 exhaust, and enjoy lol
i do appreciate ur advise man. i do not have a lot of money but even if i did i just cant justify spending so much on an exhaust. personally i think the greddy is too loud. and believe me i am not buying this exhaust just because it is cheap, i have researched and read all the threads about this and all i found was a bunch of people talking about how cheap it is and etc. without backing any of their comments up. i guess what im trying to say is that if i had a doubt about this exhaust being good i wouldnt get it. but everybody has their opinions so its cool i respect where your coming from with your advise. i see it this way, now i could buy the v3 pcd's from richie and still spend less than 1k bucks... lol. thats what im getting next.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by jr27
i do appreciate ur advise man. i do not have a lot of money but even if i did i just cant justify spending so much on an exhaust. personally i think the greddy is too loud. and believe me i am not buying this exhaust just because it is cheap, i have researched and read all the threads about this and all i found was a bunch of people talking about how cheap it is and etc. without backing any of their comments up. i guess what im trying to say is that if i had a doubt about this exhaust being good i wouldnt get it. but everybody has their opinions so its cool i respect where your coming from with your advise. i see it this way, now i could buy the v3 pcd's from richie and still spend less than 1k bucks... lol. thats what im getting next.
AMEN bro. Well said. Some people just dont get that because we drive Acuras, we can afford top teir parts. I have other plans which i'd like to maybe share with you. PM me. You may find this route better. Just as quiet but this option yields you 10-15 more hp. Legit.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
2005 AM at/navi

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
AMEN bro. Well said. Some people just dont get that because we drive Acuras, we can afford top teir parts. I have other plans which i'd like to maybe share with you. PM me. You may find this route better. Just as quiet but this option yields you 10-15 more hp. Legit.
pm sent bro.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Just trying to throw my two cents in there but this exhaust is garbage because its not stainless T-304L which is american grade stainless as its China made T-304. China buys our scraps and builds their own materials and main ingredient into our stainless is the quality and they only put in 20-30% because its the biggest cost in making stainless and I believe the material is carbide. The welds are garbage how they "Y" and will crack over time. I too was a college student, but I also didn't buy cheap stuff because thats all I could afford because this $400 exhaust will cause more problems then needed IMO. If I were you I would just get a custom exhaust and it will be about the same with decent materials and built 100% better. You can also get a used quality exhaust for around $100-$200 more.

OP I agree that most think we drive ACURA's so we have money, but that also doesn't mean we should put china made crap on these cars to devalue them. I personally would just wait till I had the money for a quality material because in the long run I found out that things don't last and buying quality is better/less headaches or chances of failure and better resale value.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AckTL05
Just trying to throw my two cents in there but this exhaust is garbage because its not stainless T-304L which is american grade stainless as its China made T-304. China buys our scraps and builds their own materials and main ingredient into our stainless is the quality and they only put in 20-30% because its the biggest cost in making stainless and I believe the material is carbide. The welds are garbage how they "Y" and will crack over time. I too was a college student, but I also didn't buy cheap stuff because thats all I could afford because this $400 exhaust will cause more problems then needed IMO. If I were you I would just get a custom exhaust and it will be about the same with decent materials and built 100% better. You can also get a used quality exhaust for around $100-$200 more.

OP I agree that most think we drive ACURA's so we have money, but that also doesn't mean we should put china made crap on these cars to devalue them. I personally would just wait till I had the money for a quality material because in the long run I found out that things don't last and buying quality is better/less headaches or chances of failure and better resale value.
I am still waiting for someone to come up with any proof that this exhaust is not as quality as lets say ATLP and so on. Most of the people with negative comments are people that dont own one so once someone comes out here that owns or has owned one and has something bad to say all these comments mean nothing! I notice more and more on this forum that there is more opinions then knowledge lately.
I have stated this in the thread already, i have owned HKS, Greddy, Comptech, and such exhuasts before and this one can run with the rest of them. I can afford any and all of the "higher end" exhausts made for the TL but why when you can have a great exhaust for half the price NEW!?

If we go off your logic, the stainless used on Richies Pre Cat deletes, test pipes, and so on are not high quality. They are also made of T-304 Stainless which I guess means no one should buy them until someone makes them with some "High quality American stainless".
Just my two Cents.

P.S. Thanks AckTL for selling me your Pre Cats, dont mean to start anything by this, just food for thought for the people considering this exhaust as many people swear by Richies products.

Last edited by Comptechtl2367; 02-14-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 AM
2005 AM at/navi

like i said before. i know i could afford the more expensive ones, i am a student with an ok job not completely broke, but i just cant see why spend twice as much or more in this case for something that will do the same. like comptechtl says nobody who has this has said anything negative yet. all the people who degrade this product just give opinions backed by no facts. this way i can buy pcd's and cat-back for less than 1k.
and people keep saying for 100-200 more buy a used one. where are these at? i have been looking. thanks anyways i do understand your point of view.

and also maybe i missed it but where does it say that this is china made? correct me if i missed it please
Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts

is stock exhaust stainless? You're talking about the exhaust being bulletproof and lasting the whole life of the car. Who cares really man when most people get rid of the car after 5-6 years. And who are you gonna sell it to, a die heart Acura TL lover? Probably not. You're gonna sell it to some kid for 9k and exhaust (no matter what kind), to him is gonna be a great thing.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
2005 AM at/navi

Originally Posted by myron
is stock exhaust stainless? You're talking about the exhaust being bulletproof and lasting the whole life of the car. Who cares really man when most people get rid of the car after 5-6 years. And who are you gonna sell it to, a die heart Acura TL lover? Probably not. You're gonna sell it to some kid for 9k and exhaust (no matter what kind), to him is gonna be a great thing.
true that also why i dont want to modify the stock exhaust. i have had a few problems trying to sell cars before because i have modified the exhaust and intake and didnt save the old parts. this way if i sell i put stockie back on and sell the aftermarket on the side. or if it is a guy that likes to mod i will sell it to him seperatly as well. i feel like it works better that way. and i live in cali so if for some reason i need to pass smog or get a fix it ticket i dont have to buy a stock exhaust.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
and also maybe i missed it but where does it say that this is china made? correct me if i missed it please
i'm not judging your exhausts guys, but you wanted to get something about the exhaust being made in china. well according to product details on one website:

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail

this website states that the tsudo exhaust is "Manufactured from T304 / SUS304 stainless steel for durability and high corrosion resistance." T304 apparently is US made while the SUS304 is china based material. google "SUS304" and it pops up with sites stating its made in china.

so ack appears to be stating facts about the materials used to fabricate the tsudo exhaust. most things made in china and sent here are always a little questionable in quality so if you got what you wanted and you're happy with it...then what does it matter what others think?? hope this helps clarify a few things.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

By saying that because this is made in China it is questionable is a little over the top. Every single person that has said this does not own one or have they ever seen one. If we go with that then all the PCD's are low quality as he has them made in China...
I am defending the exhaust because i dont want someone swayed one way by someone that has never seen or even owned one. Thats all, I love my Tsudo Exhaust, it saved me 500.00 to put into my Supercharger. Money well spent!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:35 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by Comptechtl2367
By saying that because this is made in China it is questionable is a little over the top. Every single person that has said this does not own one or have they ever seen one. If we go with that then all the PCD's are low quality as he has them made in China...
I am defending the exhaust because i dont want someone swayed one way by someone that has never seen or even owned one. Thats all, I love my Tsudo Exhaust, it saved me 500.00 to put into my Supercharger. Money well spent!
like i said if YOU are happy with your purchase, then who cares what others have to say. i'm just trying to add some clarification so others can make educated choices. i'm not bashing you on your choice of exhaust. as you stated you "love (your) Tsudo Exhaust." then enjoy.

no i don't own one and no i have't seen one in person, but i have yet to hear of something made IN china that was of good quality (unless others have). plus the tsudo exhaust was made with materials FROM china and the US, but built in the US (?). it wasn't made IN china. you are taking this way too personally. enjoy your exhaust, and disregard others criticisms.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Intermediate

i dont get why you guys even have anything to say about the exhaust when you dont have it or have never heard it or seen it.. ive had the exhaust for about 4 1/2 months now without a single problem. the wields were fine and the quality of the steel was really good imo. for 500 its a steal but if u have the extra cash definitly get the ATLP/XlR8/Greddy. For the price you cant beat it.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

i dont get why you guys even have anything to say about the exhaust when you dont have it or have never heard it or seen it.. ive had the exhaust for about 4 1/2 months now without a single problem. the wields were fine and the quality of the steel was really good imo. for 500 its a steal but if u have the extra cash definitly get the ATLP/XlR8/Greddy. For the price you cant beat it.
Fully agree! Thank You! The thread was started to ask people that own the exhaust to voice their opinion about it. I dont take anything from this forum personal anymore, everyone has and opinion about everything i just try to keep it to facts.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

well yeah for you. someone had asked about the exhaust being made in china...hence the discussion about its origins and materials. not bashing on your choices...so enjoy your exhaust!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
I laughed at your signature saying it's NON-RESONATED.

This thread is still here? Ehhh
Old 02-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Whats so funny about a non-resonated Tsudo exhaust? ATLP and XLR8 both come resonated or not...
Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
I laughed at your signature saying it's NON-RESONATED.

This thread is still here? Ehhh
?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tsudo Exhaust