NavTool Pre-order 2014+ Acura

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
vtloki, haven't you been getting updated via e-mail like all the rest of us? Oh wait, I haven't gotten any updates either. My bet is that no one has because there's nothing to update anyone about. Really atrocious way to run a business.
I'm not part of the pre-order but I'm interested in this thing if it ever ships and works. I pop over to the C7 (Corvette) forums sometimes. They are saying that Navtool has started shipping labels but so far no one has gotten a tracking number. A lot of the NavTool threads over there were closed due to posts coming from questionable IP addresses.

I feel for you guys... but maybe there is light at the end of this long tunnel.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
vtloki, haven't you been getting updated via e-mail like all the rest of us? Oh wait, I haven't gotten any updates either. My bet is that no one has because there's nothing to update anyone about. Really atrocious way to run a business.
No email updates recently.... radio silence....
Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
We are updating people via email individually , if you are a part of pre-order and didn't get an email us , please send us an email
@Navtool - email sent this morning, looking for a reply with updates. I hear you might be getting the Corvette shipments ready, that's good news, I'd like to see the same for MDX! Thanks!
Old 03-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hi, we are shipping all acura units after that
Old 03-23-2016, 05:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I sent you an email asking to cancel my order.. funny how that one was not replied to.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I sent you an email asking to cancel my order.. funny how that one was not replied to.
of no one replied, means we just didnt receive it
Old 03-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Suzuka Master

How convenient. Sorry, but I have no faith whatsoever in your company or ability to deliver what you've claimed and took our money for.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Advanced

hi, we are shipping all acura units after that
@Navtool - I've sent multiple emails which were direct replies to the emails you sent me, check your inbox. If you didn't receive them, it means you're not checking the right inbox. I've cc'd myself on that correspondence and not had an issue with sending, as well, there are no delivery errors.

You see here there are requests to cancel, I hope you honor those requests.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:40 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
I guess you better send any communications certified with signature confirmation. :\
Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM
3rd Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by neoshi
I guess you better send any communications certified with signature confirmation. :\
Guys, look at the last page on the below thread from Corvette Forum. People have been told their item shipped and was picked up by UPS and still no movement. So sad.

NavTool - Corvette Forum
The following users liked this post:
neoshi (03-25-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by C7_Beast
Guys, look at the last page on the below thread from Corvette Forum. People have been told their item shipped and was picked up by UPS and still no movement. So sad.

NavTool - Corvette Forum
Thanks for always updating us C7 Beast.

So I take it from the thread that there is still no proof of actual shipment, only shipping labels purchased (anyone can do that, and they can also be refunded if not used *ahem*). But zilch on origin scans as of right now even though the claim is that they were picked up from NavTool last night around 8-9pm EST.

But correlating the statements there (first shipment soon, 2nd batch end of March) with the statement here that they are "shipping all Acura units after that," then AZ members still in this pre-order are looking at an ETA after end of March, but who knows when because there's a lot more batches to manufactured and shipped there (they claim 600 in two batches, 300 in each batch, so maybe more like May).
Old 03-25-2016, 12:29 PM
3rd Gear

Take a look at the above thread now. Someone created another user account UK-Vette and started posting how wonderful his experience has been with Navtool. Guess what? The account was removed after I notified the Admin. This guy is not that bright apparently.

Apparently 4 users now show movement of their package through the UPS system. 4 down, supposedly 596 + Acura users left to go. No one real has reported receiving anything yet.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear

Yet another bogus user on CF, now banned.
Wow, how can any one person be so bumb?

My Navtool is here !!!! - Corvette Forum
Old 03-25-2016, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear

OK guys, looks like a real person did receive their unit.

NavTool - Page 16 - Corvette Forum
neoshi (03-25-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
OK guys, looks like a real person did receive their unit.

NavTool - Page 16 - Corvette Forum
Argh. That person has stated that their Vette is in storage, that they have other projects to attend to, and that it might be "a while" before they get to try it. I'll try to suspend my intuition that this guy is just another fake shill for NavTool.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Racer

Haha I think he's real. His posts are varied and not centric to Navtool, like the other faked users. There are few others due to receive them on Monday, so I think we'll have a good chance of seeing it in action by next weekend or so. I'm still crossing my fingers for AZine folks still waiting for theirs.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:02 PM
3rd Gear

This guy just does not get it. Yet another phoney account created on CF. If this guy spent 1/2 the time he spends creating fake accounts and posting non sense on building the units paid for, everyone would have their product.

Another example of the shameless business practice by this guy.

Got my new NavTool today - Corvette Forum
Old 03-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Racer

This guy just does not get it. Yet another phoney account created on CF. If this guy spent 1/2 the time he spends creating fake accounts and posting non sense on building the units paid for, everyone would have their product.

Another example of the shameless business practice by this guy.

Got my new NavTool today - Corvette Forum
LOL the funniest crap is that the photo is in the post from Elmer as being provided by "Vitaly" of NavTool, so NavTool is sending the pics to people while also using them to pose as fake reviewers. I REALLY hope he's not doing this because there is some issue with the device and is trying to cancel out future bad reviews by actual members.

The other bad thing is that from robert miller's posts, you can see they are fighting CC disputes despite statements saying cancellation is OK. Those of us who cancelled better not see a shipment at our doors in an attempt to charge us still. We'll just reject the shipments anyway.

Last edited by neoshi; 03-27-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:52 PM
3rd Gear

So now 2-4 people on CF have their unit. Take a look at the long awaited end caps...

NavTool - Page 21 - Corvette Forum
Old 03-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Take a look at the long awaited end caps...
Yikes. That is NOT professional "automotive grade" packaging (referring to the enclosure and endcaps) - the HDMI input side looks machine punched but in simple rectangular shapes that do not conform to the sockets, while the auto interface side is even worse and clearly has been manually filed or ground out to provide room for the locking connectors. Amateur in my opinion, and definitely not of the quality touted by NavTool as they have compared their product to those of competitors.

I certainly hope that this enclosure workmanship doesn't represent the same of the circuitry on the inside, but until someone opens a unit and post pictures we won't know. As an degreed EE I'd love to see some pics of the board.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:16 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
looks like the "end cap" never arrived from China so navtool decided to cut it from the existing cap from the other side.

not that i really care but just pointing it out since navtool seems to tout their crap to be made in the USA.... if the part was made in the US it shouldn't take 4 months really... i've worked for Hanjin handling both sea and air shipments as well as handled the domestic logistics dealing with truck chains and individual contractors. my guess is that the design or order got lost in translation and because it was such a small volume order the Chinese manufacturer is not giving them two craps about it.

but hey, it's shipping right? we're ending March soon and I'm still not seeing any videos or photos from actual users.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:40 AM
Summer is Coming

It looks like from the pics that one of the end caps was a problem and they resorted to hand tools to make it work and get them out the door. Maybe this is why they are coming out piecemeal. But at least they are coming out and these things will be hidden behind the dash anyway so who cares if it is pretty. But it doesn't seem to be the quality that NAVTool touts.

Acura devices apparently aren't going to ship until the C7's ship and they are just on the first batch of those orders. It is pretty much the end of Mar so who knows when Acura units will ship.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
It looks like from the pics that one of the end caps was a problem and they resorted to hand tools to make it work and get them out the door. Maybe this is why they are coming out piecemeal. But at least they are coming out and these things will be hidden behind the dash anyway so who cares if it is pretty. But it doesn't seem to be the quality that NAVTool touts.

Acura devices apparently aren't going to ship until the C7's ship and they are just on the first batch of those orders. It is pretty much the end of Mar so who knows when Acura units will ship.
I gotta correct ya and highlight that it isn't specifically after the C7 first batch. They only specified AFTER them. Still, how large is each batch? I'm still hopeful. Watching the C7 guys to see if anyone is installing. Good solution still for some if it works correctly.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:45 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still waiting on the Navtool

Over the last few weeks I had received a few update emails from Navtool that the unit was shipping "tomorrow", then "tomorrow" again a few days later, then again it was supposed to ship this past Monday 3/28).That's the most recent update I got.
I just emailed and asked for a tracking number so I hope to get one, and most importantly the unit, soon.

Is there anyone else out there with me, someone that already paid for their order and didn't canceled? Am I the last one to see if this mythical unit is ever going to be received and actually work?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Racer

What's up with them providing less video inputs vs the 4 they claim to have?

I think tesh is still waiting too. He's got a boatload of patience

Last edited by neoshi; 03-30-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by paulsaddiction
Over the last few weeks I had received a few update emails from Navtool that the unit was shipping "tomorrow", then "tomorrow" again a few days later, then again it was supposed to ship this past Monday 3/28).That's the most recent update I got.
I just emailed and asked for a tracking number so I hope to get one, and most importantly the unit, soon.

Is there anyone else out there with me, someone that already paid for their order and didn't canceled? Am I the last one to see if this mythical unit is ever going to be received and actually work?
I wrote an email to Navtool with an ultimatum date which stated either provide me an update, or consider my order canceled. So far no news since my last update above.

What's up with them providing less video inputs vs the 4 they claim to have?

I think tesh is still waiting too. He's got a boatload of patience
I'm waiting yes - but patience is done for. I'm just looking for where I left my pitchfork ---E
Old 03-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Racer

Well if it's any consolation, maybe waiting even longer is a good thing now that Corvette guys are reporting that they can't mirror with the Navtool.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:12 AM
Racer

i've been learning a LOT about these modules in the last few weeks and now i'd like to share a bit.

- the reason that navtool claims that their module is compatible across all Acura models (and even with Corvette) is that it taps to the backup camera port. this module basically tricks the audio unit to think it's in reverse mode. this method is quite common and the port it uses seems to be just shy of being universal and all it would need is some proper programming to send the proper signals to the audio unit.

- having said that i've found at least one more vendor offering the backup camera switch module: AXi-RGB3 [AXi-RGB3] Axxess Integrate, Comprehensive Interface Products I'm not sure about this guy's reliability but if you're familiar with Metra, they seem to be everywhere.

- naviks is essentially the only gvif-switch i've found out there. powered through the Audio Unit's power source this module works just like a external HDMI switch except that it deals with both analog and digital ends. this also seems to require some setup/programming on the module itself for it needs to adapt to the new console. this method seems relatively new (digital) compared to the "backup camera" method (analog).

- to compare the digital and analog: digital is definitely better at data transfer than analog. less noise and better image quality overall and if both were priced similarly (which are) I would prefer the digital. having said that analog is far easier to modify because it requires no digital content protection workarounds.

- bottom line: since our Top Screen resolutions don't surpass 800x480 I wouldn't worry about going either digital or analog. it may become an issue down the road when the screen size grows but that won't happen probably for another 5-10 years. that being said however I don't see the point of buying a module unless it's digital (especially if you plan to sell it back). those familiar with wiring diagrams you're better off going the DIY analog route in the tradition of so many car mods that has happened in the past decade. this one should be easy to find with a little bit of googling.

Last edited by baelim; 03-31-2016 at 08:24 AM.
neoshi (03-31-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 808tesh
I wrote an email to Navtool with an ultimatum date which stated either provide me an update, or consider my order canceled. So far no news since my last update above.

I'm waiting yes - but patience is done for. I'm just looking for where I left my pitchfork ---E
I hear ya. As far as I'm concerned my cutoff date is tomorrow 4/1. If I don't have a tracking number for a shipped unit by tomorrow then I'm canceling and requesting a refund.

I'm going to send them an email now since they haven't replied yet to my email from earlier in the week.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:28 PM
Summer is Coming

Well if it's any consolation, maybe waiting even longer is a good thing now that Corvette guys are reporting that they can't mirror with the Navtool.
They seem to have mirroring working. Not sure what the issue was, but might have just been user related.

So if people can wait, it seems like they will get a product, just have no idea when and you can't seem to believe anything Navtool says about shipping.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Sigh. I've been patient and uncomplaining, but even I am about ready to throw in the towel here.
Hoosier_TLX (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I haven't gotten any email updates in a while? Navtool, can you send out a status update? We're getting tired of waiting here.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Suzuka Master

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and asked for a refund.. surprise! No response. This group buy has been FUBAR!
Hoosier_TLX (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
They seem to have mirroring working. Not sure what the issue was, but might have just been user related.

So if people can wait, it seems like they will get a product, just have no idea when and you can't seem to believe anything Navtool says about shipping.
Yeah I'm glad it was just user error.

Crossin my fingers for yalls since there is indeed a working product!

The part I don't understand is when yalls had to become last priority.
Hoosier_TLX (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 04:46 PM
3rd Gear

Guys, I really do feel bad for the Acura owners.

My strong belief is that NavTool is 1-4 people, tops. I really think they are probably now building them when they were still funding and doing development previously.

The C7 owners are starting to get their units but at ~3-5 per week based on responses.

NavTool claims 600 Corvette pre orders. Like everything else said by them, I suspect this is BS. Best guess is they have no more than 30 Corvette owners.

I think the Acura owners will get their unit. When is another question. I'd keep calling and use the CIO's email which is posted in the CF forum.
Hoosier_TLX (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I've been watching the Corvette forum for the last 2 weeks or so and I do see that a module does actually exist. I never was upset about how long it was taking, it was the complete lack of updating us honestly and then deflecting every time someone asked a question or made a comment about the methods NavTool was using. I wanted the device but now I'm just happy Discover gave me my $275 back. Hope everyone who has stuck it out will get their units and never have a problem.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:56 AM
3rd Gear

I've been watching the Corvette forum for the last 2 weeks or so and I do see that a module does actually exist. I never was upset about how long it was taking, it was the complete lack of updating us honestly and then deflecting every time someone asked a question or made a comment about the methods NavTool was using. I wanted the device but now I'm just happy Discover gave me my $275 back. Hope everyone who has stuck it out will get their units and never have a problem.
Funny, same exact item according to NavTool for the C7 and Acura yet C7 owners pre paid 325 and Acura users paid 275. Guess that's the Corvette tax.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Racer

http://axxessinterfaces.com/docs/201...-i_CATALOG.pdf

those of your folks who are keeping up with navtool but cancelled or never ordered their module you can take a look at AXXESS. this is what i would call a bonefide module maker with wide support across models and brands. they only seem to distribute to resellers and professional installers only but there seem to be plenty of documentation not to mention support. i'm contacting them about the TLX for it's not in their list yet.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 AM
10th Gear

I stopped getting responses from NavTool for my emails.
3/28 I had asked for the tracking number since they assured me that the unit was shipping ON 3/28. They never replied.
3/30 I asked again for the tracking number, no reply.
3/31 I asked again for the tracking number let them know I would be canceling if it wasn't shipping by 4/1, no answer.
4/5 I asked for the tracking number only if my unit had already shipped and if not then I requested they process the refund and either way I asked they reply by the end of the business day or I advised I would dispute the charge with my credit card company, no reply.
4/6 Disputed the charge on my CC

Oh well. I would have been ok with waiting had they actually communicated and not acted so shady.

Now let's see if they fight my dispute as they've done to others.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Racer

Ah man sorry to hear. That's the reason why I dropped too (their bad communication and when they did, they were combative). I figured even if a product did materialize eventually, I didn't want to deal with the customer service. Actions speak louder than words!

Btw, my dispute is ongoing. Even though I technically have the funds and am not on the hook to pay anything, it's just another headache to deal with on their customer service side (going back on their words and fighting your right to reclaim funds for legitimate reasons).

Quick Reply: NavTool Pre-order 2014+ Acura