NavTool Pre-order 2014+ Acura

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neoshi
Audio comes through AUX, so you would have to select AUX input on the audio side after plugging in the 3.5mm cable to your phone while the HDMI output would display on the screen.
On the ILX 16 premium it comes with HDMI Cable but no Aux input, so please dont tell me i have to get FM modular for transmitting sound !!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by haidarh
On the ILX 16 premium it comes with HDMI Cable but no Aux input, so please dont tell me i have to get FM modular for transmitting sound !!!!
Oh ya that would seem to be a necessity then with Navtool.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Update?????
Old 02-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by haidarh
The Corvette video was more focused on the side/front/rear cameras, barely touched the nav on the phone !! what about other applications ? what about if i run you tube will i hear sound from the phone or the car speakers!!!! the posted video is focused on the corvette cams, it has nothing to do with the phone interface at least. I already had enough,
Mr navtool i want a refund and already sent an email but i didn't get any response back, so please do a follow up.
Good luck with that!! I asked for a refund more than a week ago and still nothing!! Contact your CC.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyk24
Update?????
Did you see my thread for other video interface in regular 3G forum. I don't want to put link here.....might get deleted!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:49 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
No video this week, no install guide, and no update tonight.

Just sad.. 3 months of this now.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Instructor

I guess I'F u have a corvette the side/ front/ rear cameras will however if u have Acura the reverse camera will work. Phone/ video interface I guess it's not a priority.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
hey C7, can we assume that modules for the corvette have shipped? i thought of hoping over to your forum but i figured it would help the acura forum to know if at least somebody is getting a module cuz obviously navtool just decided to pull another stunt on this side (and this time not even an excuse).

Originally Posted by C7_Beast
Thanks Ron....here you go folks. PDF in post 36....

Navtool installed in my C7 - Page 2 - Corvette Forum
Old 02-28-2016, 07:47 AM
3rd Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by baelim
hey C7, can we assume that modules for the corvette have shipped? i thought of hoping over to your forum but i figured it would help the acura forum to know if at least somebody is getting a module cuz obviously navtool just decided to pull another stunt on this side (and this time not even an excuse).
Not that I know. A member called them out of the blue and someone from NavTool agreed to meet him at his garage and did the install. Since NavTool is not allowed to post on Corvette Forum, I honestly don't know what is happening via PM but no one has mentioned that they got theirs, yet.
The following users liked this post:
baelim (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Racer

Actually that might explain the video. If navtool's claims that they work with the local dealer was true one would have expected the videos to be made at the dealer.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hi, our posts get approved by moderators, so there may be delays on when they apepar.

we will be posting update on monday
Old 02-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
hi, our posts get approved by moderators, so there may be delays on when they apepar.

we will be posting update on monday
We will try to keep the delays to a minimum.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:44 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's Monday. No video and no shipping date. Runaround
Old 02-29-2016, 08:50 PM
Banned

sorry for the delay i'm waiting for information from our production manager
Old 02-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
A week after I got an email indicating my refund was "being processed", I'm still waiting.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LAMike240
A week after I got an email indicating my refund was "being processed", I'm still waiting.
did you start a dispute by any chance?
because when you start a dispute, now your refund is controlled by your credit card company and even when we issue refund, your credit card company must investigate to prevent fraud. So they will never issue refund imminently most likely hold it for 60 days.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:51 PM
8th Gear

If you go through Navtools post on their profile you can read all the runarounds and false promises. Ships this day, shipping this month, will post a video tomorrow, we will post an update Monday ect... It goes on and on. Rip off artists.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fadij
If you go through Navtools post on their profile you can read all the runarounds and false promises. Ships this day, shipping this month, will post a video tomorrow, we will post an update Monday ect... It goes on and on. Rip off artists.
Before you call us ripoff, you should read our track record on this site alone
Old 02-29-2016, 11:10 PM
8th Gear

Before you call us ripoff, you should read our track record on this site alone
I don't really care about your track record on this site. I care about your track record for this module. You keep saying that like it validates all your excuses for this product. Read all your comments you been saying.. It's all excuses and no results. I'm basically calling you a liar... You said there will be an update, read your comments. They're all excuses and no results.
Hoosier_TLX (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
Navtool.com,

I sent an email to your "CEO" requesting a refund. He replied it was sent to accounting for processing. I email, multiple times, for an update and now he won't reply. How do I get the status of my refund?
Hoosier_TLX (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
I really wanted this accessory for my car, but the longer this drags on the desire for it has drastically diminished. I feel as though I'll give NavTool a little longer, but the utter lack of updates or detailed progress has me thinking that I'm almost at the end of my patient demeanor. I'm thinking I'll go till the middle of March and that's it. I have since had a slowdown at work and honestly I could find a much better use for the money (assuming they actually refund it that is).
Old 03-01-2016, 12:58 PM
6th Gear

Just got an email from NavTool - Vitaliy Sokolov, informing me that they still waiting "to receive shipment of end caps from our supplier to fulfill the order." (quote from the email).
Probably most of you will receive similar email.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by vesko.g
Just got an email from NavTool - Vitaliy Sokolov, informing me that they still waiting "to receive shipment of end caps from our supplier to fulfill the order." (quote from the email).
Probably most of you will receive similar email.
Weren't we told the end caps were the issue when the last ship date was missed?
Old 03-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Racer

Yes, and the target was yesterday (to ship).
Old 03-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Racer

Hey guys I'm trying to get some visibility on the current Navtool pre-order situation. I'd like those who have ordered to provide your feedback on where you are so we as a group.

https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...r-poll-942597/

By all means you're welcome to post your grievances or support towards Navtool in the new thread, but I'd like to ask you to keep opinions to a minimum if at all possible.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:49 AM
Racer

Well, we're at the end of another week and I'm still waiting to see what your production manager has to tell us. I'm still looking for the video you were going to have ready a while back, but it's not available anywhere I can find either.

How about trying to give us an update every few days instead of trying to tell us how happy your previous customers are. I don't know how you can have no idea when the parts you are waiting for will arrive. Don't your suppliers have any timeframe for delivery?

I've already said I understand these things take time, but not delivering on empty promises hampers my optimism. Try to get an actual date for us and post it asap. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I too am getting more and more doubtful that we'll ever see this thing. The "end caps" whatever that means (because it was never explained to us), was the same excuse I read in the corvette forum, at least a few weeks ago, but now, I hear about it for the first time via the email updates this week. It kinda seems like we're being dragged along.
What's the purpose of these end caps, are they just plastic covers to the side of the module? are they absolutely required?
I haven't heard any ETA on a delivery date, other than the original one in mid to end Jan. So, is there a new "proposed" delivery date? Navtool?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:03 AM
Racer

Now we're waiting on enclosures so I have to assume the end caps have arrived. Hopefully it's not just the next item alphabetically on the list and the next item we're looking for is the frame or housing or interface.......

If possible, please give an updated list of ALL items needed to COMPLETE the product and some realistic date for shipment. Absent any more detailed information and I think I'll just try to put this ordeal behind me as well.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by vtloki
I too am getting more and more doubtful that we'll ever see this thing. The "end caps" whatever that means (because it was never explained to us), was the same excuse I read in the corvette forum, at least a few weeks ago, but now, I hear about it for the first time via the email updates this week. It kinda seems like we're being dragged along.
What's the purpose of these end caps, are they just plastic covers to the side of the module? are they absolutely required?
I haven't heard any ETA on a delivery date, other than the original one in mid to end Jan. So, is there a new "proposed" delivery date? Navtool?
Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
Now we're waiting on enclosures so I have to assume the end caps have arrived. Hopefully it's not just the next item alphabetically on the list and the next item we're looking for is the frame or housing or interface.......

If possible, please give an updated list of ALL items needed to COMPLETE the product and some realistic date for shipment. Absent any more detailed information and I think I'll just try to put this ordeal behind me as well.
I think he is using the term 'end cap' to refer to the part of the enclosure with the connectors on/through it. It would be machined to fit around the connectors and screw into the main part of the enclosure. You can buy standard enclosures in various sizes but the end caps are custom for whatever connections you have through the end. Think of the back plate on a PC motherboard.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Racer

Production Manager takes 8+ days to respond to you?
Old 03-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Banned

i believe we got all parts in order, i will post update tomorrow
Old 03-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
Navtool.com,

As your "CEO", and yourself, have failed to reply to any of my refund status requests, I have officially submitted a dispute with my CC company. Your customer service, and handling of this group buy was atrocious and you have lost any future business from myself and anyone I know. How you've stayed in business this long, is nothing short of a miracle.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Racer

Wow!!!! Again, you don't give any definitive information about whether you do or don't ACTUALLY have the required components and then follow it up with ANOTHER EMPTY PROMISE by saying you'll post an update which should have already been posted if in fact you honored your word.

As I've said in earlier posts. To cover your butt and not upset others, make as detailed a statement as possible but don't commit to something unless you are positive you can deliver on it. For example: "Hey guys, I was just informed that the parts may have finally arrived. I'll try to get confirmation and get something posted as soon as possible."
Old 03-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
....And.....Two days later the update is?????
Old 03-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Banned

We are updating people via email individually , if you are a part of pre-order and didn't get an email us , please send us an email
Old 03-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
We are updating people via email individually , if you are a part of pre-order and didn't get an email us , please send us an email
I was one of the initial 50 expressing interest but decided that the apparent risk of providing pre-payment to NavTool was too high and decided against doing so. That being said, I am very interested in hearing any information about progress towards an actual shipping product. Is it not in your best interest to share the good news with everyone so that further sales may be achieved? Or, is there yet another further delay? We will all read about it eventually here, but a lack of transparency directly from Navtool will only serve to further my skepticism.

By saying on this forum that you will "post an update tomorrow" you certainly gave the impression that it would be seen here.

Last edited by djsteve; 03-10-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Hoosier_TLX (03-11-2016)
Old 03-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Racer

UPDATE: NavTool has once again disputed the chargeback, using this as the reason to continue charges on my account:
"customer is participating in pre-order group buy, customer committed in order to drive price dowm if he withdraw, its not fair to us to signup just to drive price down"

BULL FUCKING SHIT. I participated because I wanted a product on the originally promised shipment date of December 21, 2015, which you, NavTool, missed and are still unable to fulfill. NavTool, you even said we could cancel, yet you now go back on your word and try to pin the charges on me? Let me link you on your on words about our fucking right to cancel: https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor.../#post15668984

Be advised that this forum does not allow old posts to be edited, so that is a piece of record at this point. If you continue with your fight of dispute, I will no choice but to bring legal action against you. I have no qualms with providing a judge with all information provided here, in my emails, and make you pay my legal fees for doing so.

Hi

please keep this thread only to add your name to the group buy.

Links to discussion threads of the actual products for specific vehicle.

ILX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...e-help-936463/

MDX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-...en-mdx-936488/

RDX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...erface-937003/

RLX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...erface-937042/

TLX Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...15-tlx-936931/

if you are not member of acurazine, you can email us, and we will add you to this Pre-order list

Product will ship December 21 2015

Part# MDHB3.0+SGDVI-HABLU

Compatible Vehicles:

ACURA ILX 2016-2017
ACURA MDX 2014-2016
ACURA RDX 2016-2017
ACURA RLX 2014-2016
ACURA TLX 2015-2016

Price:

Pre-order Prepay $275
Pre-order Pay After December 21 2015 $325

for pricing above we need 50+ people to signup

Features:
  • Limitless HDMI Input for smartphone mirroring, use your favorite navigation apps, Waze app, netflix, youtube, iOS video all works no limit.
  • 3.5mm Audio Output.
  • 4 Composite Video Inputs. You can add front camera that will turn on automatically when vehicle shifted out of reverse up to 10mph. Side Cameras turn on automatically with turn signals.
  • Connect factory DVD to display on front navigation Screen. (Only vehicles with factory RSE)
  • Control NavTool Via Factory Navigation Buttons
  • USB Charger for smartphone.
  • USB Updatable.
  • Made In USA.
  • 100% Automotive Grade.
  • 100% Plug & Play

Last edited by neoshi; 03-11-2016 at 12:17 AM. Reason: adding pre-order OP for record
Old 03-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Racer

Again, the dog chases the pony around. I was apparently 1 of only 15 (so you tell us now) that ACTUALLY paid and I haven't received any e-mails. Why should I have to send you an e-mail? You are the ones that have failed to this point on our agreement. I have only received 2 e-mails from your company and they were both posted on this forum. Why not post all communications on this forum so everyone can see? I feel any prospective buyer should be aware with full disclosure of the procedures you use.

By the way, I haven't received any e-mails about the current status. I made sure to look in my junk folder because that's where I naturally assumed it would be.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
soooooo.......any updates?
Old 03-19-2016, 07:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by vtloki
soooooo.......any updates?
vtloki, haven't you been getting updated via e-mail like all the rest of us? Oh wait, I haven't gotten any updates either. My bet is that no one has because there's nothing to update anyone about. Really atrocious way to run a business.

Quick Reply: NavTool Pre-order 2014+ Acura