Lambda USA 23 TLX TYPE S tune is here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 07:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Lambda USA 23 TLX TYPE S tune is here!

Hey all! Been a while...but...FINALLY someone has a tune for the 23 Type S! I reached out to Lambdausa.net and he hooked me up with a stage I kit. He's working on a tranny tune and stage 2 kit as well!

This one is designed to work with a 'stock' car, meaning no downpipe kits....just FYI.

It'll be here Friday! keep you posted:

50hp and 100lb of torque!!!
The following users liked this post:
Type-S the Black (09-23-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
seems like low HP gains
Old 09-04-2024, 09:01 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by FckFiat
seems like low HP gains
yeah and the moment you touch exhaust there will be massive boost cuts lol this platform sucks
Old 09-04-2024, 09:09 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FckFiat
seems like low HP gains
It’s no different than K tuner. And the hundred pounds of torque is going to be quite a bit of a difference. 50 hp is a lot on this platform. Just adding the things that I’ve done to it. It made a huge difference in response.
Old 09-08-2024, 08:33 AM
Intermediate

So first few days with the Lambda tune and the car is QUICK! Had a little issue with the throttle controller messing with it because boost in this ECU is controlled by throttle position and RPM solely. So was having some quirks. I disabled it and at first it was weird...used to that PUNCH off the line with that thing....but....I hopped on the freeway and opened it up a bit....Really quick!

Going to do some more messing around this weekend around town from light to light.
Old 09-08-2024, 02:09 PM
Family Hauler

Received 164 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeSbuilder
So first few days with the Lambda tune and the car is QUICK! Had a little issue with the throttle controller messing with it because boost in this ECU is controlled by throttle position and RPM solely. So was having some quirks. I disabled it and at first it was weird...used to that PUNCH off the line with that thing....but....I hopped on the freeway and opened it up a bit....Really quick!

Going to do some more messing around this weekend around town from light to light.
Do you happen to have a Dragy to log some pulls? What mods, if any, do you have aside from the tune?
Old 09-08-2024, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by caLiTLX
Do you happen to have a Dragy to log some pulls? What mods, if any, do you have aside from the tune?
I do not...but working on getting some numbers. Taking it to the track in a few weeks, roadracing. And yes: HPS intake, bored TB, Ground kit, throttle controller (currently disabled), PRL intercooler and stock but open exhaust.
Old 09-09-2024, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

So over the weekend, I did some more testing of the tune and things seem to be working very well. Now that the throttle controller is out of the picture. It’s much smoother and it’s fast!

I still haven’t full throttle it or anything like that but the car is really really quick.

Getting a new file this week to alleviate some fuel cut off issues with shifting. Some factory ECU stuff that has to be worked out.

but overall, I’m super happy with it and the car is a blast to drive.
Old 09-17-2024, 10:59 AM
Intermediate

So after about a week and a half to two weeks with the new tune, it’s running very very nicely! I do have another flash coming to just update a few things to try and get rid of the slight hiccup in sport and sport + mode.

but overall, the car runs fantastic and is super quick!
Old 09-17-2024, 06:23 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

it doesnt run fantastic if it has 'hiccups' and fuel cut offs
Old 09-17-2024, 06:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Baksju
it doesnt run fantastic if it has 'hiccups' and fuel cut offs
actually it does. It’s barely noticeable and runs way better than the burger. I’m just very attuned to how things change with mods.

so 99.5% is awesome in any newer tunes especially on this car.
Old 09-18-2024, 08:53 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

theres no update on any development for over a month (since aug 8th) on their website, doesnt inspire confidence
Old 09-19-2024, 05:49 AM
Intermediate

theres no update on any development for over a month (since aug 8th) on their website, doesnt inspire confidence
well, emailing him almost every day, getting updates, he’s way too busy to worry about the website… Just a heads up.
Old 09-19-2024, 05:50 AM
Intermediate

Getting a new tune this week and he’s almost done with the 1.5 version. “The most horsepower of this platform has seen“ ….. keep you posted
Old 09-19-2024, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts
Is this mostly seat of the pants dyno? I'm just curious what's different between this and KTuner. You said you haven't gone full throttle but you seem to be throwing lots of variables into mods without a real baseline.

I'd love to see some hot laps at your upcoming track day with stock tune after getting some consistent times with this setup.
Old 09-19-2024, 01:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rabbit73
Is this mostly seat of the pants dyno? I'm just curious what's different between this and KTuner. You said you haven't gone full throttle but you seem to be throwing lots of variables into mods without a real baseline.

I'd love to see some hot laps at your upcoming track day with stock tune after getting some consistent times with this setup.
well. Yes, and no. I have no detailed exact specs, but this car is extremely quick versus what it was, which was an upgrade versus the stock car. At least what I did to it.

So I am more than happy with the “seat of the pants“. Because in the end, that’s all that really matters. If you like it enjoy it. Regardless of what the number say.

just don’t tell the guy in the scat pack that I walked past the other day lol and he started it lol
Old 09-19-2024, 01:35 PM
Intermediate

Oh. And it is very similar to the K tuner. Same horsepower numbers.

and he’s working on a 1.5 version that I’ll take it even further, which I’m excited about. As well as some transmission updates.

Old 09-22-2024, 01:21 PM
Intermediate

So I uploaded a new version of the tune today in preparation for the track Tuesday...barring rain! Which I'm sure it will. Then we hold off til early October and grab the next test day. Keep you posted....
Old 09-22-2024, 10:04 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

summary: blablabla tune is great but i cant post any numbers, also it's 'perfect' but does fuel cuts and other shits lmao
Old 09-23-2024, 05:53 AM
Intermediate

summary: blablabla tune is great but i cant post any numbers, also it's 'perfect' but does fuel cuts and other shits lmao
yeah, I have better things to do than try and find a place to run numbers for you. And I got a updated file yesterday that has no issues whatsoever now.

Looking forward to stage two, which I will enjoy.…
Old 09-23-2024, 06:57 AM
Intermediate

So just a heads up for all you naysayers out there which seems to be a thing these days. If you don’t like what I do to my car that’s kind of a you problem. Lol.

I spend a very little money to get great results on my car. You can do what you want to ears. So when someone asked me for numbers or proof or whatever it is, you guys want I really don’t care. My goal is to enjoy my car more than I did when I bought it.

I don’t care what the zero60 times are I really don’t care what the horsepower is. As long as the car is enjoyable and drives great and handles well and all those other things that you want a car to do… As well as being a daily driver and that’s something that sits in the garage and only comes out when it’s sunny and dry out.

But something that I am going to take to the track eventually. Tomorrow is out because the rain but I’ve already scheduled for October 8 so we’ll see how that goes.

But anyways, I’m just putting my two cents out there as far as how things work. I’ve been doing this a very long time and I’m very tuned to changes in a vehicle.

So I have one really stable one really fast TLX Type S. If you don’t like that, that’s cool. but all this is for informational purposes. So just relax and enjoy. Or just don’t read. It’s all fine by me.

Old 09-23-2024, 08:00 AM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience with the tune. I've been using the KTuner for the past year on my Type S and love it. No boost cuts and has a noticeable performance improvement. Much better overall than the JB4 and sounds like your tune is similar to KTuner.
Old 09-23-2024, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Camaro194
Thanks for sharing your experience with the tune. I've been using the KTuner for the past year on my Type S and love it. No boost cuts and has a noticeable performance improvement. Much better overall than the JB4 and sounds like your tune is similar to KTuner.
yeah, my guess is they basically use the same tuning principles… Someone that I know that deals with K tuner said that the process is similar. I mean technically there’s only so much you can do to a stock ECU lol or what you can do is all basically the same.

and yeah, he worked out all the little slightly quirky things and it’s actually really really fast and clean! They are working on a 2.0 version that will work with modifications. Like downpipe and such. So I’m looking forward to that.

probably going to take it to a Dyno in the next week or two just for the heck of it.
Old 09-23-2024, 06:33 PM
10th Gear

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah, my guess is they basically use the same tuning principles… Someone that I know that deals with K tuner said that the process is similar. I mean technically there’s only so much you can do to a stock ECU lol or what you can do is all basically the same.

and yeah, he worked out all the little slightly quirky things and it’s actually really really fast and clean! They are working on a 2.0 version that will work with modifications. Like downpipe and such. So I’m looking forward to that.

probably going to take it to a Dyno in the next week or two just for the heck of it.
Following you on TLX Forums too..

What did this lambda unit + tune and the updates run you? Over the winter I am probably going to 'tear down' my TLX to begin the mods process to be ready for spring so I am getting prices together now for the different items I am wanting to install.

Thanks again for being at the forefront of this new style/type of tuning system.
Old 09-23-2024, 07:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Type-S the Black
Following you on TLX Forums too..

What did this lambda unit + tune and the updates run you? Over the winter I am probably going to 'tear down' my TLX to begin the mods process to be ready for spring so I am getting prices together now for the different items I am wanting to install.

Thanks again for being at the forefront of this new style/type of tuning system.
hey! $499. And he’s just setting me up with the additional tunes because I’m helping him with Dyno Numbers and such.

giving my feedback and such as well. Some crazy things coming down the pike as well From them!
Old Today, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Are you sending back data logging or anything? Or is he just sending you updates as he develops them on his end? I think we're all legitimately curious how this is working since you keep saying how amazing it is, but you have no comparative data. You say new files "cleaned up" some "quirky things" but you never mentioned what any of those things were or how they improved. Glad you're enjoying it, but you can probably understand the skepticism. Personally, I'm just curious and asking questions. I'm stuck with something basic for my car since there's no 93 anywhere near me.
Old Today, 10:05 AM
Intermediate

Are you sending back data logging or anything? Or is he just sending you updates as he develops them on his end? I think we're all legitimately curious how this is working since you keep saying how amazing it is, but you have no comparative data. You say new files "cleaned up" some "quirky things" but you never mentioned what any of those things were or how they improved. Glad you're enjoying it, but you can probably understand the skepticism. Personally, I'm just curious and asking questions. I'm stuck with something basic for my car since there's no 93 anywhere near me.
quite all right! skepticism is always a good thing. I always do my research before jumping into things.

All of this was a little bit of a jump. And yes, there was a little bit of a… Trying to find the word… I called it a hiccup… Because the way the turbo boost works with the factory ECU and throttle position.

Now that that was all worked out, no, I do not do any day logging. Just tell him what I’m seeing and feeling and they have several of the same cars so they can just tweak and adjust accordingly.

I will be doing a Dyno run sometime in the next few weeks. Just waiting for the latest version which is a 1.5 tune. More boost!! Then we start getting into exhaust modifications, and then the next tune will be after that…

So I’m technically a beta tester for him lol and I’m absolutely enjoying it! Because regardless of numbers, which really don’t mean much to me. It’s more about how a car drives and such.

But I did post an update on another forum just today about “two weeks with the tune”.

At this point, it feels factory with a lot of power! There is no more hiccup or whatever you wanna call it, it basically drives like you would expect just a lot faster!

Track day was moved to October 8 so I’ll get to kind of play with it hard-core in a few weeks. But a daily driving in sport and sport plus mode the car is fantastic! It’s really fast!

which ultimately is all that matters…have fun!!
Old Today, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

So speaking of Lambda.....

a few weeks now with the tune and updated tune and things are fantastic! And no, no 'numbers'...as I'm more of a beliver in "how does the car drive for YOU?" And it drives fantastic and is WAY quicker than it ever was! By a lot!

I will be dyno'ing the car in the coming weeks...waiting on a 1.5 tune, more boost!, to see where we are at. But right now? That little 'bog' or 'buck' or whatever the car was doing as the ECU/turbo reads throttle position for boost....was fixed. So no matter the mode it's pefect!! Nothing out of the ordinary really in daily driving and getting on it from time to time. New track date is OCT 8, so stay tuned on REALLY pushing it....but for now it's reallly clean and works better than the Ktuned RDX.

I can supposedly use my throttle controller as well, but haven't yet. No need to really. But anyway...stay tuned! More 'numbers' actually coming soon and updates when I get them!
Old Today, 10:40 AM
Advanced

And it drives fantastic and is WAY quicker than it ever was! By a lot!
I can't speak for everyone, but generally I think that's the part we're struggling with. Quicker compared to what? Related, are you using 91 or does this need 93? Have you noticed any difference in gas mileage? Most of the gains are probably just dialing up the boost, so I doubt it has much effect on fuel economy, but maybe it's adding fuel to keep from running lean.
Old Today, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

I can't speak for everyone, but generally I think that's the part we're struggling with. Quicker compared to what? Related, are you using 91 or does this need 93? Have you noticed any difference in gas mileage? Most of the gains are probably just dialing up the boost, so I doubt it has much effect on fuel economy, but maybe it's adding fuel to keep from running lean.
This is a 93 tune. I always run that anyway....and had some octane booster when I ran the Burger JB4....btw, THAT is what I am comparing it to. Quicker than that, seat of pants anyway, and MUCH cleaner running! JB4 was a mess and never really worked right...always a little finicky and quirky and they couldn't explain to me what they were having me do. The Lambda guy always explains in detail not only what they are doing, but the effect of it. And comparing it to the Ktuner for the 21-23....they worked out issues the Ktuner never did. Wich I found interesting....

Fuel economy?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....well, I don't care much, it's always in SPORT mode and I'm always getting on it. But....I am getting almost 30mph on the freeway doing 70 with the cruise on. Otherwise?! I pesonally could care less I found that these tunes, KTuner on the RDX, gets BETTER gas mileage! Go figure....we hit almost 30mph on the RDX, Ktuned, on a trip to Montreal and back. Doing about 68 the whole way.

For what it's worth......
Old Today, 05:40 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

Just waiting for the latest version which is a 1.5 tune. More boost!!
nah, this will still boost cut, nobody broke the ecu turbo tunes to adjust boost cutoff, prepare to be disappointed
Old Today, 06:51 PM
Intermediate

nah, this will still boost cut, nobody broke the ecu turbo tunes to adjust boost cutoff, prepare to be disappointed
lol. Nah. Won’t be disappointed. Haven’t been yet and he’s making sure to get it right.

anything is doable given enough time and smarts.

and hey. I’m enjoying a super clean ultra fast tune!! You don’t want to? That’s a you problem.