AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   6G TLX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/6g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-467/)
-   -   New '23 TLX Type-S (https://acurazine.com/forums/6g-tlx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-467/new-23-tlx-type-s-1005485/)

adamhodge 01-11-2024 07:31 AM

New '23 TLX Type-S

Upgraded from my 2012 TL stick. Some issues I'm having, I thought I would ask here. I'm in the shop getting paint/windshield coat, and asked them to check, but thought I would ask here. If these should be separate threads, let me know. I've put less than 50 miles on the car so some of this could be ignorance.

- I too have the Carplay weirdness, strange beep, unable to control volume, next song. Seems that waiting for bootup to finish before plugin helps. Also seems like we should be able to get a fix. Changed over to high quality, high power/bandwidth cable - same issue.
- I noticed on the trip into the dealer shop, my ambient lighting did not come on. Settings seem like it should be working. Is this me or something wrong?
- Also, the windshield heater system comes on by itself. I've read the manual twice and can't find anything stating this comes on automatically for temp or moisture. Is this an issue?

I checked for updates via wifi and usb and none are offered.

Ascension 01-11-2024 07:45 AM

Welcome to Acurazine. Post a picture of the ride. What other cars have you had prior to the 6MT?

I had a 2011 6MT, so I'm eager to read about your upcoming experience with the TLX Type-S, as it's a car on my bucket list.

adamhodge 01-11-2024 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ascension (Post 16921590)
Welcome to Acurazine. Post a picture of the ride. What other cars have you had prior to the 6MT?

I had a 2011 6MT, so I'm eager to read about your upcoming experience with the TLX Type-S, as it's a car on my bucket list.

I had the '05 TL stick, performance package or whatever it was called back then. Also the '12 stick.
2023 is Type-S black, 20 inch wheels. Black on red interior.

Was trying to wait for a '24 but my clutch was gone on the '12.

vertigo2 01-11-2024 08:13 AM

Congrats on the new TLX. Hope you got a mint for that 4G 6MT! Those are going for a hefty premium these days.

Midwestuser1 01-11-2024 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by adamhodge (Post 16921588)
Upgraded from my 2012 TL stick. Some issues I'm having, I thought I would ask here. I'm in the shop getting paint/windshield coat, and asked them to check, but thought I would ask here. If these should be separate threads, let me know. I've put less than 50 miles on the car so some of this could be ignorance.

- I too have the Carplay weirdness, strange beep, unable to control volume, next song. Seems that waiting for bootup to finish before plugin helps. Also seems like we should be able to get a fix. Changed over to high quality, high power/bandwidth cable - same issue.
- I noticed on the trip into the dealer shop, my ambient lighting did not come on. Settings seem like it should be working. Is this me or something wrong?
- Also, the windshield heater system comes on by itself. I've read the manual twice and can't find anything stating this comes on automatically for temp or moisture. Is this an issue?

I checked for updates via wifi and usb and none are offered.

The ambient lighting only comes on IF the headlights are triggered on also by lighting conditions. I.e. Ambient lighting is tied to the headlights also being on.

Baksju 01-11-2024 10:11 AM

1. 21-23 CarPlay/infotainment is a joke, embarrassment is understatement for what they put in those cars

2. That comes on at night/with lights on

3. heater turns on automatically with the car if it’s cold outside

adamhodge 01-11-2024 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by vertigo2 (Post 16921594)
Congrats on the new TLX. Hope you got a mint for that 4G 6MT! Those are going for a hefty premium these days.

I wish, but the clutch was shot. Mechanic wanted over 9K to fix. Dealer gave me 4.5K for it.

adamhodge 01-11-2024 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1 (Post 16921618)
The ambient lighting only comes on IF the headlights are triggered on also by lighting conditions. I.e. Ambient lighting is tied to the headlights also being on.

Was before 7am and totally dark this morning. Lights working fine so something was off.

adamhodge 01-11-2024 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Baksju (Post 16921624)
1. 21-23 CarPlay/infotainment is a joke, embarrassment is understatement for what they put in those cars

2. That comes on at night/with lights on

3. heater turns on automatically with the car if it’s cold outside

So something is messed with the sensors then. Was dark with lights on (they are on auto). How cold does it have to be, do you know? I can't find that info in the manual.

I am not that impressed with infotainment, but part of it is I'm not that impressed with carplay either. Navigating the menus is a pain, not that intuitive, and the touchpad sensitivity is too high (even in low mode).

adamhodge 01-11-2024 10:18 AM

Following up after some homework/research. I found some of the software update change logs. It seems I'm still having problems that are listed in some of the patches. This is true even though it says I'm on the latest. I'm wondering how to ask the dealer if they can reapply the patches?

adamhodge 01-11-2024 12:31 PM

Dealer confirms 39 degrees for windshield heater on...no setting to stop auto turn on.